Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) (4562 Views)

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike / How IGP, Marwa Met, Agreed On Abba Kyari’s Arrest / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nelson63290: 12:17am On Mar 10, 2021
Call or WhatsApp games available O7O67337496

Call or WhatsApp games available O7O67337496

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Are you going to do the referendum by force on people who are not part of you
The referendum is for the old eastern region...u are from Delta so it should not be your business

Delta Igbos would have to apply specially to be considered

The rest edo and delta are on their own ....u can remain in Nigeria if u like ......the people that votes for biafra would be drawn into the map ...the rest ...can do as they please
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Ok just swear with your life say u go come
I no wan waste that sartuday
Which name should I ask for When I get there
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 12:27am On Mar 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Which name should I ask for When I get there
Akirika
Ask do mama aboy
The. Ask her of akirika
I no far
Na first come
First collect
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 12:35am On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Akirika
Ask do mama aboy
The. Ask her of akirika
I no far
Na first come
First collect
Akirika no be your name undecided
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 12:42am On Mar 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Akirika no be your name undecided
Mtcheeeeew
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by slerry(f): 12:58am On Mar 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Ojukwu was angry that Midwest region (Edo and Delta State) was created. Igbos are still angry that South South doesn't want to be associated with South East undecided so they come up with useless rubbish like South South doesn't exist grin
Afonja head slammer trying to twist history.
I have just one simple question for you, creation of state which Gowon did, was it before the war or after the war?
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 1:02am On Mar 10, 2021
slerry:

Afonja head slammer trying to twist history.
I have just one simple question for you, creation of state which Gowon did, was it before the war or after the war?
Before undecided
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Never4getU: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2021
Falsehood won't take u long! The agreement was on a peaceful secession out Nigeria since gowon was a junior officer to ojukwu in the military which was against the military tradition hence the need to pull out of Nigeria.

Ihateniggov:
Ojukwu and Gowon agreed on restructuring Nigeria at Aburi, Ghana but Gowon came back and denied the agreement.
Millions of lives were lost because of that single denial from Gowon.
Today Nigerians are clamouring for the same restructuring they rejected 53 years ago.

- Twitter lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Ihateniggov: 3:40am On Mar 10, 2021
Never4getU:
Falsehood won't take u long! The agreement was on a peaceful secession out Nigeria since gowon was a junior officer to ojukwu in the military which was against the military tradition hence the need to pull out of Nigeria.

No, you are wrong. Endeavor to read more on the Aburi agreement, thanks.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Oyiboman69: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2021
ifynicky:

He did not negotiate it alone? There were representatives before the Aburi meeting.. There were consultations here and there.

Biafra was never an Igbo thing as people widely believe due to media.

then whose?
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Oyiboman69: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Name those who attended such meeting translate to ignorance
then you will have to wait till thy kingdom come...no mind those thieves
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Oyiboman69: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2021
ifynicky:

This is wrong. No one is forcing people on anything. No one is grabbing land. Lets stop this narrative and educate ourselves with the correct information.

When you say south south? Who is south south? smiley

Anyway... I just get surprised when i hear such about land grabbing and same people do not say fulani is doing land grabbing.

Before Amalgamation, we had southern Nigeria, which comprises of Kingdoms and regions..... If you can check that, it would end this wrong narrative being propagated by paid media
for this, you're right but don't forget that the populated ones like the Igbo were undermining the minorities which gave birth to this state the country is in today... Have you ever wonders while the minor tribes from the southern region don't share in your ideology?... they prefer this situation than embarking on a journey that will not favour them,believe me,if they partake on this Biafra struggle, it won't take up to a month before the realization of Biafra...
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ijawcitizen(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
afube:

Niger delta naivety and buffoonery is becoming legendary coupled with your natural wickedness , no wonder Fulani has turned you, people, into pipeline mai-guards in your God-given oil industry.

I don't think my people are the ones mai-guarding the pipelines in igboland. I have reasons to believe your fellow igbos are the ones mai-guarding fulani pipelines there, or do you doubt this?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by PHijo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
ijawcitizen:

I don't think my people are the ones mai-guarding the pipelines in igboland. I have reasons to believe your fellow igbos are the ones mai-guarding fulani pipelines there, or do you doubt this?

Don't mind them!
Bunch of brain dead Biafra chanting zombies
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by theFilmtric: 1:39am On Mar 11, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Before ojukwu declared biafra the traditional from various ethnic group in biafra meet at enugu and give him go ahead order
I won’t be educating you for free
But I will let you wallow in your ignorance before I will provide a link for you
Or better go ask your father
provide a link na cheesy wink
Liar grin
Later you'll accuse the competent Yoruba media of twisting history
later you'll call Yoruba 2-faced sad

theFilmtricsay
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2021
theFilmtric:

provide a link na cheesy wink
Liar grin
Later you'll accuse the competent Yoruba media of twisting history
later you'll call Yoruba 2-faced sad

theFilmtricsay
Wallow in ignorance small
I will deprive you that link
U need to cry more
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by gidgiddy: 9:07am On Mar 11, 2021
tutudesz:

Name the presentative Biafra was and will forever be an Igbo agenda to take over other ethnic groups land's.
South South keep telling say they are not part of you, but you want to force it us.

Stop displaying your ignorance online and Google "Eastern Nigeria Consultative Forum'. This was an assembly of all the heads of the 20 provinces that made up the Eastern Region, as well as all the Chiefs. They had a two day conference in Enugu in late May, 1967. After the meeting, they gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare the Eastern Region a separate country

Infact, it was a participant of that meeting and the head of Yenagoa province, an Ijaw man called Frank Opigo, who suggested to Ojukwu that the name of the new country be known as "Biafra"

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Danzakidakura(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2021
andyblinks05:
Na ojukwu come Bleep up
half education is worst than illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Danzakidakura(m): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
mr man ojukwu was a useless man, he did it for his personal gain, his own pocket.. so gowon did the right thing..
at this 21st century you are still idiot ? Nawa oooo

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by IamFINESSE: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2021
tutudesz:

Name the ethnic groups undecided because the Edo and Delta State were never part of such meeting.
Your edited history undecided Why are Igbos so obsessed about South South We have been shouting we are not part of your Biafra

Bloody minorities, who Even notice a tribe of 500k people undecided

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Idiko1: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2021
Ihateniggov:
Ojukwu and Gowon agreed on restructuring Nigeria at Aburi, Ghana but Gowon came back and denied the agreement.
Millions of lives were lost because of that single denial from Gowon.

Today Nigerians are clamouring for the same restructuring they rejected 53 years ago.

- Twitter lipsrsealed

The most stupid human beings are found in Africa.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Idiko1: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2021
ijawcitizen:
Gowon implemented the agreed restructuring by creating states as agitated for by the ethnicities of the Niger Delta and Middle Belt.

But Ojukwu rather declare war on Nigeria than allow the freedom of Niger Deltans (Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross Rivers) from Igbo tyrannical rule.

In one instance you agreed Gowon abolished federalism in another instance, the federalism in Nigeria was abolished by Ironsi. You are an epitome of insincerity which has besieged Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Idiko1: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2021
tutudesz:

Ojukwu was angry that Midwest region (Edo and Delta State) was created. Igbos are still angry that South South doesn't want to be associated with South East undecided so they come up with useless rubbish like South South doesn't exist grin

The only twisted minds as the result of creation of Midwestern region were Awolowo and Action Group. I guess your delusion has no boundaries.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
IamFINESSE:

Bloody minorities, who Even notice a tribe of 500k people undecided
undecided 500k people
Well that 500k people were able to produce the President of Nigeria and that 500k people is feeding 300 million people, including you and your family grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
gidgiddy:

Stop displaying your ignorance online and Google "Eastern Nigeria Consultative Forum'. This was an assembly of all the heads of the 20 provinces that made up the Eastern Region, as well as all the Chiefs. They had a two day conference in Enugu in late May, 1967. After the meeting, they gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare the Eastern Region a separate country

Infact, it was a participant of that meeting and the head of Yenagoa province, an Ijaw man called Frank Opigo, who suggested to Ojukwu that the name of the new country be known as "Biafra"
And yet Biafran troops we're busy killing innocent Ijaw people undecided

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
Igbochief001:

The referendum is for the old eastern region...u are from Delta so it should not be your business

Delta Igbos would have to apply specially to be considered

The rest edo and delta are on their own ....u can remain in Nigeria if u like ......the people that votes for biafra would be drawn into the map ...the rest ...can do as they please
guy clap fr your idiotic..
Izon-ibe 'kenii'... meaning "ijaw nation is one"... no one can divide them.. its indivisible..

so a referendum conducted by "created by mistake tribe" cannot work in work in all four corners of ijaw nation..

a miserable tribe like igbo cant divide great ijaw nation.. so cownu is just suffering invain.

ijaw will be part of biafra referendum will only exist in ipob mind, and nothing more... because those who will form stubborn and carry biafra balot box to any ijaw land will never return back..

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Before ojukwu declared biafra the traditional from various ethnic group in biafra meet at enugu and give him go ahead order
I won’t be educating you for free
But I will let you wallow in your ignorance before I will provide a link for you
Or better go ask your father
you ignorant man again?.. which tribe tradition ruler if i may ask?

because the only tribe agreed on biafra are ibibio, efik, ibo..
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

I need you to cry harder
You need to beg
1967- 2021 igbos are still dominating
Without government assistance we are still buying up your land

Who God have bless not even genocide can stop
ibo dominating what? haha. cursed tribe dominate what?

oh 5th class citizen...

i pity those ibos that dont want to support the agitation for biafra, because your misery has just begun..

anyway south south is not the cause of the ibo uselessness in nigeria, so stop attaching us.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2021
ifynicky:

This is wrong. No one is forcing people on anything. No one is grabbing land. Lets stop this narrative and educate ourselves with the correct information.

When you say south south? Who is south south? smiley

Anyway... I just get surprised when i hear such about land grabbing and same people do not say fulani is doing land grabbing.

Before Amalgamation, we had southern Nigeria, which comprises of Kingdoms and regions..... If you can check that, it would end this wrong narrative being propagated by paid media
poor unity begger get sense. if you claim there is nothing like south south.. then there is nothing like south east and south west also, because the 3regions were created after amalgmation..

then we all go back to only south.. you people are too foolish to persuade people.. ipob cant even persuade under 5 children..

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Referendum will solve that
you should be among the people to carry that referendum to ijaw land oo.. because i can see you and cownu want to send your senseless igbo youth to come and die for ijaw land again... because thats what cownu money ritual is made up of.. the more igbo youth die, the more he get money..

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2021
Igbochief001:

I doubt you are from ijaw ... because Igbos were against the biafran war ...no known igbo leader was in support of ojukwu going to war
It's was Niger deltans ....infact the name biafra was suggested by the then principal of okrika grammar school

It was Niger delta man from Delta that plotted the coup that lead to the war

It was the then amayanabo of brass that advices ojuchwu to go to war ....port Harcourt poly is his land sized because of his support for biafra

Bros google and stop disgracing yourself

No body wants niger Deltans in biafra ...when the referendum comes please we beg u ...just vote no
i also doubt you are igbo... it was ijaw that go against biafra.. more than thousands of ijaw men join adaka boro self train army to fight biafra and recaptured all the south south territories occupied by biafran forces..
today the whole ijaw celebrate adaka boro and his armies every for liberatin the ijaw from biafra..

which ijaw join biafra?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Appoints 289 School Principals, 340 Vice-principals In Two Years / I’m Terribly Shocked By Buhari,There’ll Be PTB After 2023 Election –Tunde Bakare / Tinubu Rewards Jack Rich With An Oil Export License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.