Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? (3792 Views)

Man Catches Wife Cheating, Handles Situation Like A Real "G" (video) / "Never Allow Your Wife Or Girlfriend Go For Body Massage Session" (photos) / 'See Why You Should Not Sleep With Another Person's Wife Or Girlfriend' - Toolz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Today, I was reading about the Meghan Markle/Prince Harry Interview With Oprah Winfrey on the home page.

I'm surprised to see that most Nairaland men are angry with Prince Harry for choosing to take sides with his wife against his family.

For instance, one of the comments said:

Kriss216:
This Harry is just a SIMP.le guy!

How can you abandon royalty and your family for an over used kpekus that left her 4 year marriage?

The love of a woman taste as wine and last only for a while, but, the love of a family last forever!

I'm surprised it got so many likes. And there are many others saying similar things. It makes me wonder: Are we wiser for thinking it's a sign of weakness to stand with your woman in thick and in thin?

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ON THIS... PERSONALLY?

Should a real man prefer his family of birth to his wife or the other way round in a situation of conflict like this? For example...

If my wife and my sister were in danger and I have the opportunity to save only one of them, who should I save?.

Most times, we have problems in life because we fail to ask ourselves simple questions like this.

SEE THIS THREAD ALSO: How Do You Manage Money In Your Marriage Or Relationship?
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kriss216: 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
So, you're now using my post as a case study

Out of all your family members, it is only your wife that is not your relation.

Ponder on this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
a real SIMP should put himself last. But a real man should put himself first Joor !!!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Prince Harry is the biggest pussy worshipping SIMP in the Universe !!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:
So, you're now using my post as a case study

Out of all your family members, it is only your wife that is not your relation.

Ponder on this.
Yes, and I acknowledged the author. Thanks for your permission. And defend your position against mine.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Liposure: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
I can love my wife, stand by her but not at the expense of my family. There's a difference between love and affection, bond and union.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kriss216: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:

Yes, and I acknowledged the author. Thanks for your permission. And defend your position against mine.
You can have another wife tomorrow, but, you can't have another family.

Family is all we've got.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
MY ANSWER

Seeing the comments and the 'likes' on those comments, I'm really scared to know that most Nigerian men may have the thinking that it's a sign of weakness to protect the interest of your wife at all cost (I'm talking about your WIFE, the mother of your kids, NOT your GIRLFRIEND, mind you).

See my points in support of Prince Harry and his wife and other people like them:

1. YOUR WIFE (WHICH ALSO MEANS YOUR KIDS) REPRESENTS YOUR FUTURE WHILE YOUR FAMILY OF BIRTH REPRESENTS YOUR PAST: And, it's only a fool that will not know that your future is far more important than your past.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:

Family is all we've got.

Family is important, yes. You have two families as a married man who has kids. You, your parents and your siblings belong to your FAMILY A (FAMILY OF BIRTH) while you, your wife, and your kids make up family B (Your own family).

Family B is your real family while Family A is your parents' family. So, basically, we are trying to decide between YOUR OWN FAMILY and YOUR PARENTS' FAMILY, the one you should give priority. So, why are you talking as if your wife is NOT a part of your family?

Cc: Liposure

8 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kriss216: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:

Family is important, yes. You have two families as a married man who has kids. You, your parents and your siblings belong to your FAMILY A (FAMILY OF BIRTH) while you, your wife, and your kids make up family B (Your own family).

Family B is your real family while Family A is your parents' family. So, basically, we are trying to decide between YOUR OWN FAMILY and YOUR PARENTS' FAMILY, the one you should give priority. So, why are you talking as if your wife is NOT a part of your family?
Do you realize Meghan abandoned her marriage of 4 years before Harry decided to Simp over her?

Where is the guarantee she will not abandon Harry for another guy?

7 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by chatinent: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
It depends on who you live for, and who was always there for you.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by wyry02: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kondomatic(m): 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:

Family is all we've got.
Family is not only those that are affiliated with you by blood sir.

When you're with a person who wants the best for you, helps to bring out the best in you, wishes you well and have your back in time of difficulty, that right there is a family.

Some friends/partners are nature's way of saying I am sorry for the type of family I gave you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by DEMZEE(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Prince Harry just showed us that men love idealistically and sacrificially. I can't blame him, he never had a strong male influence in his life. His father is a weak man.

As a man u should make yourself ur mental point of origin. He lacks abundance mindset that is why he's being a simp to that Megan lady. Funny thing is she's not even a virgin,she is a divorcee. She's damaged and used goods.

No woman can love u idealistically and sacrificially like ur own mother.

Family over hoes anyday anytime

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:

Do you realize Meghan abandoned her marriage of 4 years before Harry decided to Simp over her?

Where is the guarantee that she will not abandon Harry for another guy?
So, are you very sure she ABANDONED her marriage? Do you have the details of what happened to end her former marriage to be sure she ABANDONED it?

Moreover, we've got millions of people who married only two times in their lifetime because their first marriage failed but the second one worked. So, what if that becomes the case with Meghan? And the way the two of them are into each other, that might just be what's happening. This is now beyond ordinary infatuation - after so many years together.

I tell you, I respect Prince Harry for being a man of his own mind in the right way.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Gbest90(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:
MY ANSWER

Seeing the comments and the 'likes' on those comments, I'm really scared to know that most Nigerian men may have the thinking that it's a sign of weakness to protect the interest of your wife at all cost (I'm talking about your WIFE, the mother of your kids, NOT your GIRLFRIEND, mind you).

See my points in support of Prince Harry and his wife and other people like them:

1. YOUR WIFE (WHICH ALSO MEANS YOUR KIDS) REPRESENTS YOUR FUTURE WHILE YOUR FAMILY OF BIRTH REPRESENTS YOUR PAST: And, it's only a fool that will not know that your future is far more important than your past.
Pure fact. There is a distinct difference between 'mine' and 'ours'.

Only the immature minds will struggle to understand this.

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by dumahi(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Liposure:
I can love my wife, stand by her but not at the expense of my family. There's a difference between love and affection, bond and union.
So, is your wife not a part of your family?
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by dumahi(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
wyry02:
Nigerian girls are useless.
Please, this discussion is STRICTLY for mature minds only. Thanks.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
My second point...

2. SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT: I know that most Nigerians are either Christian or Muslim. So, this should make sense to most of us.

But his is not just about being religious. Instead, I believe that one of the things causing the problems we have in the world and in this country is that people are getting the home front terribly wrong (bandits, terrorists, kidnappers, Yahoo boys, and runs girls are all products of family upbringing). I tell you, one of the major reasons why we are basically missing it is that we seem to think that our religious scriptures are now outdated on the questions of romance, marriage, and family.

Muslims can help us with relevant Qr'anic scriptures to support this point. But, as a Christian, I can tell you that the Bible is right when it enjoins every man to "leave his father and mother (meaning his family of birth) and cling to his wife, and the two shall become one" (Gen. 2:24; Matthew 19:5).

Since this is from the Old Testament, I believe that Muslims should have a Qr'anic version of this scripture. So, they can agree or disagree.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by 10mobile: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
BadRadio:
Prince Harry is the biggest pussy worshipping SIMP in the Universe !!!
People who talk like you are usually SIMP SQUARED in real life grin
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
10mobile:

People who talk like you are usually SIMP SQUARED in real life grin
u are rightgrin

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
Yes or is it only his erect penis that he will be putting forward all the time? real and wise men put their wife forward before their useless erect penis else the penis would be stranded and starved.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by 10mobile: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
chatinent:
It depends on who you live for, and who was always there for you.

To "be there for" someone means that someone has to start it. If we all wait for someone to "be there for" us, nobody will ever be there for anybody. Now is the time for Harry to be there for Meghan.

But, op also needs to remember that Nigerian girls may not understand things the same as their counterparts in UK and US.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Theboy21: 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
Real niggas will always choose family over anything or anybody cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by 10mobile: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
BadRadio:
u are rightgrin
Hahaha! You're so un-Nairalandic! grin
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by chatinent: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
10mobile:

To "be there for" someone means that someone has to start it. If we all wait for someone to "be there for" us, nobody will ever be there for anybody. Now is the time for Harry to be there for Meghan.

But, op also needs to remember that Nigerian girls may not understand things the same as their counterparts in UK and US.

True talk.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kriss216: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zzor:
Yes or is it only his erect penis that he will be putting forward all the time? real and wise men put their wife forward before their useless erect penis else the penis would be stranded and starved.
Your life is engrossed with penis hence you can't do without mentioning it every time, you this disoriented and disgruntled vagina being!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
Family is not only those that are affiliated with you by blood sir.

When you're with a person who wants the best for you, helps to bring out the best in you, wishes you well and have your back in time of difficulty, that right there is a family.

Some friends/partners are nature's way for saying I am sorry for the type of family I gave you.
Correct. I agree with you.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Reason number 3 for supporting Prince Harry's decision...

3. LOVE BEYOND THE WORLD

Some people are saying that Prince Harry is a fool for giving up royalty and all it's gains because of a woman. But, believe me, his name will go down in history as a man who gave up worldly values to favor the eternal values of love and care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
4. REVOLUTIONARY

It's clear that Prince Harry resembles his mom in being a revolutionary (people who refuse to allow their humanity get drowned in societal norms.

I have always been disappointed that modern Britain still maintains the archaic monarchy in this modern time. But when I see fellows who rise to challenge the system (like Prince Harry), my disappointment reduces.

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
I believe that this will help to reset our mentality because wrong mentality is really causing many problems for us.

Credit: mrwonlasewonie

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 JHS Students Caught On Secret Camera CHOPPING Themselves Inside A Swimming / A Nairalander's Experience Before Joining Ashawo Beer Parlour On Telegram / Nairalanders I Don't Understand Myself,do I Need Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.