Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? (3820 Views)

Man Catches Wife Cheating, Handles Situation Like A Real "G" (video) / "Never Allow Your Wife Or Girlfriend Go For Body Massage Session" (photos) / 'See Why You Should Not Sleep With Another Person's Wife Or Girlfriend' - Toolz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
10mobile:
Hahaha! You're so un-Nairalandic! grin
Enjoy life bro... nothing do ugrin

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:
So, you're now using my post as a case study

Out of all your family members, it is only your wife that is not your relation.

Ponder on this.

Hahaha bros charge him for copyright lol.... just kidding.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:
Today, I was reading about the Meghan Markle/Prince Harry Interview With Oprah Winfrey on the home page.

I'm surprised to see that most Nairaland men are angry with Prince Harry for choosing to take sides with his wife against his family.

For instance, one of the comments said:

I'm surprised it got so many likes. And there are many others saying similar things. It makes me wonder: Are we wiser for thinking it's a sign of weakness to stand with your woman in thick and in thin?

We can pick and choose our wife girlfriend parents but we cant pick family. Family is always going to be family.

Harry didn't handled it well, no family is perfect imagine if Princess Diana is alive and she is resentful to her daughter inlaw, (that's Harry wife) like most mother inlaw do, would Harry abandon his family ? I guess the answer is no.

The press didn't help either because they were bashing her daily mail in particular were bashing her and Harry needed to support her.

Back to your question family come first
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Dreadlock69(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fate no go put me for this position cause nah family first overall
Kids and wife is also family my future
My brother and parents with a few blood bond relative are my family

So leave the shit alone
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
A man should not anyone first in his life. there is enough space for everyone.
wife, family, and friends all have different roles in your life.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by BrandBrainBox: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:
WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ON THIS... PERSONALLY?

That comment sounds reasonable and got many likes. But I don't agree with it (I will make my reasons clear below).

However, I could be wrong too. So, let's bring it to an open discussion so that it will be clear who is right or wrong. Should a real man prefer his family of birth to his wife or the other way round in a situation of conflict like this? For example...

If my wife and my sister were in danger and I have the opportunity to save only one of them, who should I save?.

NOTE: Please, this should not be an opportunity for inter-gender war. I only bring such important issues to open discussion so that we can learn from one another.

SEE THIS THREAD ALSO: How Do You Manage Money In Your Marriage Or Relationship?
If my wife and sister were in danger and I'm able to save ONLY ONE? That's a tough one. But... Hmmm! Why is everyone avoiding this question?
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Karleb(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
BrandBrainBox:

If my wife and sister were in danger and I'm able to save ONLY ONE? That's a tough one. But... Hmmm! Why is everyone avoiding this question?

I'd save my sister. Let my wife's brother save her sister.

Harry and Megan's is similar to Paul and Lola's case.

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by BrandBrainBox: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:
Prince Harry just showed us that men love idealistically and sacrificially. I can't blame him, he never had a strong male influence in his life. His father is a weak man.

As a man u should make yourself ur mental point of origin. He lacks abundance mindset that is why he's being a simp to that Megan lady. Funny thing is she's not even a virgin,she is a divorcee. She's damaged and used goods.

No woman can love u idealistically and sacrificially like ur own mother.

Family over hoes anyday anytime
Do you really think that what Prince Harry did amounts to weakness? If you asked me, I'd tell you that the opposite is true: it takes a tough soul to rebel against an entrenched system like the British Monarchy. What do you think?
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by MufasaLion: 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:
Prince Harry just showed us that men love idealistically and sacrificially. I can't blame him, he never had a strong male influence in his life. His father is a weak man.

As a man u should make yourself ur mental point of origin. He lacks abundance mindset that is why he's being a simp to that Megan lady. Funny thing is she's not even a virgin,she is a divorcee. She's damaged and used goods.

No woman can love u idealistically and sacrificially like ur own mother.

Family over hoes anyday anytime

Is that your problem?. Face your life!
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Judybash93(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
Welcum:
MY ANSWER

Seeing the comments and the 'likes' on those comments, I'm really scared to know that most Nigerian men may have the thinking that it's a sign of weakness to protect the interest of your wife at all cost (I'm talking about your WIFE, the mother of your kids, NOT your GIRLFRIEND, mind you).

See my points in support of Prince Harry and his wife and other people like them:

1. YOUR WIFE (WHICH ALSO MEANS YOUR KIDS) REPRESENTS YOUR FUTURE WHILE YOUR FAMILY OF BIRTH REPRESENTS YOUR PAST: And, it's only a fool that will not know that your future is far more important than your past.
Inasmuch as you might be right given the context, I'll say that a man or anybody born of a woman should side with what's right and true. If my wife were to be a narcissistic person with negative motives, I for one wouldn't support such a person. What's wrong is wrong and that's right is right.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Ayo2004: 12:43am On Mar 11, 2021
BrandBrainBox:

Would save my sister,when my brother was deported,she was there,when one of us went through mental issues, she was there,when our parents couldn't cope with the financial stress,she doubled her jobs,she was always there for decades unlike most wives that will run away when the going gets tough...I don't know about others but me and my siblings are pretty close and I would never sacrifice that for any woman unless for an unforgivable reason or a matter of life and death

2 Likes

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by DEMZEE(m): 1:09am On Mar 11, 2021
MufasaLion:

Is that your problem?. Face your life!

Never wife a hoe bro lol
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by DEMZEE(m): 1:12am On Mar 11, 2021
BrandBrainBox:

Do you really think that what Prince Harry did amounts to weakness? If you asked me, I'd tell you that the opposite is true: it takes a tough soul to rebel against an entrenched system like the British Monarchy. What do you think?

I think he's a bloody useless and worthless simp

No family is perfect and no hoe is worth dumping family for
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by rex444(m): 6:58am On Mar 11, 2021
I broke up with my Korean gf cos of family.... A girl I wanted to marry and till today she has not unblocked me for that but what do I care.... Family is number one
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by idahme(m): 7:15am On Mar 11, 2021
Zzor:
Yes or is it only his erect penis that he will be putting forward all the time? real and wise men put their wife forward before their useless erect penis else the penis would be stranded and starved.

What about real women? This narrative is only for the so called real men I guess,.... "Penis would be stranded " at the bustop u mean, this girl ..
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by MufasaLion: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

Never wife a hoe bro lol

Lol
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by kazyhm(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2021
Welcum:

Family is important, yes. You have two families as a married man who has kids. You, your parents and your siblings belong to your FAMILY A (FAMILY OF BIRTH) while you, your wife, and your kids make up family B (Your own family).

Family B is your real family while Family A is your parents' family. So, basically, we are trying to decide between YOUR OWN FAMILY and YOUR PARENTS' FAMILY, the one you should give priority. So, why are you talking as if your wife is NOT a part of your family?

Cc: Liposure

Stupid logic

By your logic, Meghan left her own family to create another version of her own family.....probably for whatever reason(s) she was not happy with her own first family......then it make sense that she is still not happy with the arrangement of the her own new family. Prince harry is dragging his royal family in the mud for her sad life?
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by SKhanmi: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2021
Lol, Who takes solomon buchi serious? Not even his fellow women grin. Anyways, If Prince harry eventually gets dumped, We would know the answer. Majority of men will never learn. Why do you think wives will choose their children over their workhorses(husbands) anytime.

*Hate/Love them, Family will most times be your backup. In this age & time of radical isms. It's the safest best.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Elliot2(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2021
Unless your parents were deadbeat parents right from your birth, you would agree with me that their love for you have been tested and true. Look, forget the marital vow you take on the alter, we all know a good percentage of marriages happened as a result of big ass and big boobs by lustful men, and women's eyes on your fat account balance and your handsome face and big cock. If men will be very sincere, what they think they feel about their partners that they call love is mere infatuations. Just attraction of big breast and ass, and not truly because these women did anything extraordinary to deserve their sacrifices. And again, in this era of women freedom, the idea of love by men is a dangerous game that could get the destroyed for life.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
See what Reno Omokri tweeted about this issue.

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2021
First, why does Reno seem to think that your wife is different from your family? Then, he called her "a predator". How then can you tell me that you LOVE your wife when you see her as a predator? We are getting things really wrong here.

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Welcum:
First, why does Reno seem to think that your wife is different from your family? Then, he called her "a predator". How then can you tell me that you LOVE your wife when you see her as a predator? We are getting things really wrong here.

a woman came into a family and first thing u want to do is to seperate him from the people that has been with him from th jump, loved him unconditional despite his woes, and now bcus she thinks she can manipulate him to feel love for her bcus they met in church,workplace or wherever as a stranger and you think you can ride of into the sunset forgetting the family that bore him & trained him for u to even see.I myself can never seperate a husband from his family,no nau its wickedness.The day anyone will try that nonsense with my sibling is the day they will see thier doom,
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
perkyB:
a woman came into a family and first thing u want to do is to seperate him from the people that has been with him from th jump, loved him unconditional despite his woes, and now bcus she thinks she can manipulate him to feel love for her bcus they met in church,workplace or wherever as a stranger and you think you can ride of into the sunset forgetting the family that bore him & trained him for u to even see.I myself can never seperate a husband from his family,no nau its wickedness.The day anyone will try that nonsense with my sibling is the day they will see thier doom,
My dear, from all you have read above, it is clear that most Nigerian men do not see their wives as a part of their family. A little knowledge of psychology should tell you that the woman will start feeling SEPARATE from the family. Soon, her actions will be such that people will say she's trying to separate her husband's family. For what?

I'm not saying that we don't have some Jezebel women here and there. But where this has become a culture, believe me, it's usually because of the kind of treatment the woman has suffered.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Bekind123: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
Op please don't mind them, they are forgetting that their sweet lovely mother was once a wife in their Dad's family. Imagine your grand parents telling your mum in your presence that she is not part of the family or throwing her out and you watching your Dad siding with them. You guys are the original simp with serial number, easy to identify
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 4:48am On Mar 13, 2021
Bekind123:
Op please don't mind them, they are forgetting that their sweet lovely mother was once a wife in their Dad's family. Imagine your grand parents telling your mum in your presence that she is not part of the family or throwing her out and you watching your Dad siding with them. You guys are the original simp with serial number, easy to identify
Hahaha! You just killed it.
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by VanillaIyce(f): 5:16am On Mar 13, 2021
wyry02:
Nigerian girls are useless.

grin grin I would have been surprised if someone never brought us into the picture. What is making Nigerian girls useless with Harry and Meghan's issue now..nawa oo
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Welcum: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2021
VanillaIyce:

grin grin I would have been surprised if someone never brought us into the picture. What is making Nigerian girls useless with Harry and Meghan's issue now..nawa oo
Don't worry about that. On an open forum like this, you will always meet people with ALL sorts of characters. If someone sees all Nigerian girls as useless and is not ashamed to say it on an open forum, it's only because the person who said so is useless. However, we can't also deny the fact that many Nigerian girls have excesses that they need to curb: like being in relationships for money (which is prostitution in style].

1 Like

Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by Kobicove(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2021
Welcum:

Family is important, yes. You have two families as a married man who has kids. You, your parents and your siblings belong to your FAMILY A (FAMILY OF BIRTH) while you, your wife, and your kids make up family B (Your own family).

Family B is your real family while Family A is your parents' family. So, basically, we are trying to decide between YOUR OWN FAMILY and YOUR PARENTS' FAMILY, the one you should give priority. So, why are you talking as if your wife is NOT a part of your family?

Cc: Liposure

Harry will look like an idi0t if he an Meghan divorce sometime in the future undecided
Re: Should A Real Man Put His Wife Or Family First In A Situation Like This? by VanillaIyce(f): 8:22am On Mar 14, 2021
Welcum:

Don't worry about that. On an open forum like this, you will always meet people with ALL sorts of characters. If someone sees all Nigerian girls as useless and is not ashamed to say it on an open forum, it's only because the person who said so is useless. However, we can't also deny the fact that many Nigerian girls have excesses that they need to curb: like being in relationships for money (which is prostitution in style].
Honestly, guys have mothers and sisters, I am sure they won't want to regard theirs as stupid or useless.plus guys should always go for what they can handle. You can't see a woman who is not working living expensive life which you know you cannot afford and carry love to her, then when she turns you down or expects you to match up to her standard, you cry gold digger but they see decent girls and be finding a touch of ashawo in her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mum Sleeps Around, Does Evil Things To Hurt People - Kemi Olunloyo’s Son Expo / See Wetin Hakimi Don Cause / Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.