Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (13979 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2007
lol. . . any nigeria english pidgin sounds sexy!!!!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Mustay(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2007
made and remixed in naija
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ifyalways(f): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2007
kalabari and Spanish.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Etin(f): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
The accent I cant stand is a Nigerian accent (usually strong Yoruba, Ibo or Bini etc) blended into what the speaker thinks is phonetics (which is usually an American accent with the four letter word punctuating every utterance, and the intonation swinging between the American accent and the Nigerian one ! It just hurt my ears. It must be hard work manually blending these accent for every utterance.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by britgirlee(f): 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2007
Etin:

The accent I can't stand is a Nigerian accent (usually strong Yoruba, Ibo or Bini etc) blended into what the speaker thinks is phonetics (which is usually an American accent with the four letter word punctuating every utterance, and the intonation swinging between the American accent and the Nigerian one ! It just hurt my ears. It must be hard work manually blending these accent for every utterance.

eTIN

yOU SHOULD READ MY TOPIC ON ACCENTS , CULTURE YOUL HAVE A LAUGH grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2007
hmm, i enjoy listening to people with nigerian accents talk tongue
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Fileki(f): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
I love the Ile-Ife accent, but that of Ondo ammuses-annoys me, Egba accent , very interesting. . . hausa very captivating cos it is so fast kind-of. . . . but sounds a bit violent, ( PARDON ME that is just my own opinion, no harm)

special beef for ondo (town) accent
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by agaba123(m): 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
just read the first page and everyone was talking about british and other foreign accents. only one person refered to it in passing.

Self hatred na wa oo. Igbo accent na number one

then I love the wafe pidgen accent, then hausa and them yoruba in that order
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by comfort3: 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
igbo,  grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by tpia: 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by jona2: 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2009
Hausa. grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by qkman: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
SPANISH is very good cool
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ezeagu(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2009
Efik fascinates.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by SeanT21(f): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2009
I love British Accents.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:35am On Apr 16, 2009
I'm so fascinated wid the whole British accent. . . .OMG!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. . .when i speak wid ma cousins I'm like "u said what now??" shocked shocked embarassed embarassed
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Tatase(f): 4:35am On Apr 16, 2009
I like Nigerian accents that are not regionally identifiable (like not specifically from anywhere, just educated-sounding), I'm fascinated by Ghanaian accents (all that "werk" stuff), I really dislike southern and eastern African accents because that's how Hollywood thinks all Africans to sound (re: Coming to America and Kwame from Captain Planet).
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ezeagu(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2009
Tatase:

I like Nigerian accents that are not regionally identifiable (like not specifically from anywhere, just educated-sounding), I'm fascinated by Ghanaian accents (all that "werk" stuff), I really dislike southern and eastern African accents because that's how Hollywood thinks all Africans to sound (re: Coming to America and Kwame from Captain Planet).

Please don't talk about Hollywood, lol. Your soo right! They're our number one problem when it comes to African identity. I mean have you seen Soul Plane? Disgrace. Anyway I'm digressing.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ikeyman00(m): 11:01am On Apr 16, 2009
ghana accent na rubbish hahha
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by jona2: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2009
ikeyman00:

ghana accent na rubbish hahha

grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by tubabie(f): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
I love the Irish accent, so sexy. kiss
the Scots arrrrrrrrgh! cry
The posh British accent too is fascinating .
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by girl22(f): 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
i like the west indian accent and patois (sp) i also like the british accent. and SOME not all southern accents.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by bluespice(f): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2009
i loooove the french, british, italian, jamaican basically carribean accents kiss kiss kiss
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ladykool(f): 2:43am On Apr 19, 2009
carribean accent annoys me patoia- they just talk so fast u will be finkin wtf angry
scottish and irish accent-OMG kill me now so annoying cry

spanish accent-lovable grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by wanville(m): 3:55am On Apr 26, 2009
sad
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OREAWADOO: 3:05pm On May 07, 2009
CHRIST EMBASY ACCENT
VERY FUNNY

grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Lax75(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2009
Love the true brooklyn NYC accents. Especially the italian americans from NYC - "fogedaboutit" , lol
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:41am On May 14, 2009
I love the british accent ( when it is spoken by a british person and not some fake ass british wanna be) I love the spanish and french accent ( now these are accents i could listen to all day) I enjoy hearing the indians speak ( especially when its accompanied with some head twisting) keeps me laughing all day) I also enjoy hearing the russians speak. . . As for accents i do not like. . .I do not like the australian accent ( cus i cannot understand a shit they say) The chinese and malay accent also gives me a migraine.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by tamme: 1:30am On May 20, 2009
hausa grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Leilah(f): 11:39pm On May 22, 2009
the south african accent that the one i really really like
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by tamme: 5:12am On Oct 09, 2009
spanish turns me on
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by africhika(f): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
indian accent tongue

irish smiley

jamaican grin grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by saraj(f): 12:22am On Oct 10, 2009
I love the geordie (Newcastle) accent. I also love the Cockney (East London accent).
I hate the Manchester and Yorkshire accents.
I love the Welsh accent but I hate the Scottish one.
And the Northern Irish accent is also horrible as in very annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" / Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.