Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (13977 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Sonye(f): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2007
Polish Accent is so crap
Hausa (Educated) is very good
Igbo Accent is just a joke
Yoruba accent is just an insult to our society angry
Black American Accent, I love so much
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OmoEko1(f): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2007
Sonye:

Yoruba accent is just an insult to our society angry

How can it be an insult angry angry angry angry angry, ignorance is a bad disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!shio, rolling my eyes and hissing
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by deezzle(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2007
ask an igbo "professor in English Lingustics" to pronounce the following:
Prepare
Oil
Develop
Dunlop.
They even originated the word, "severally".
Igbo accent is a disease that is near uncurable!!!!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OmoEko1(f): 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2007
Liberians accents annoys me grin grin grin grin grin

I love the way Ghanaians pronounce cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 3:15am On Jul 17, 2007
Igbo accent is deadly, should be used in lesotho, some yoruba accent like the ones from oyo, ogun state, my God help us, even bini accent, yeeeeeeeeeeee pa, the worst is pomo pomo ekaette
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 17, 2007
deezzle:

ask an igbo "professor in English Lingustics" to pronounce the following:
Prepare
Oil
Develop
Dunlop.
They even originated the word, "severally".
Igbo accent is a disease that is near uncurable!!!!

prepare abi prepia grin definitely un igbo
how about house and house
do you mean oil or hoil? lol

Hi ave a brother,e as one hear (I have a brother,he has one ear)
guess where that one's from.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 7:01am On Jul 17, 2007
lol you too much babyosisi, well i bet hoil and baig is very sweet for them to pronounce grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by deezzle(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2007
Well, its obvious u didnt understand wat i sent. its well known that the best diction from a suave, well educated nigerian comes from the northern part of the country. when they speak good english, its impeccable. After them comes the yoruba people, at least we have a Yoruba man as a Nobel Leaurate.
IGBOS!!!!!! Even if they were born and bred inside Cambridge university, the disease remains insurable!!!
Oyel
Develope,
Preparr
am yoruba and i know all about the H-factor thingy but the good thing is, its CURABLE.
is oyel curabe?ask chuckumerije!
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by choongtin(f): 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2007
london accent
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by naijadiva2(f): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2007
i hate the british, russian and liberian accent. i love the southern accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chichi81(f): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2007
i hate the yoruba accent.
i love the igbo accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by toshmann(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
i love mbano accent cheesy
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by SMC(f): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2007
chichi81:

With all this display of bitterness and venom, I am sure that one of these two things has happened to Chichi81 -

(a) She was dumped by a Yoruba guy who probably went on to hooke up with a Yoruba girl after chopping Chichi81's free yam; grin or

(b) a Yoruba Girl snatched her bloke. lipsrsealed

Whatever the reason may be (even if I am wrong), grow up, move on and GET A FRIGGIN LIFE CHICHI81. angry
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2007
see racism for nigeria, she only said what you liked, so why persecute her? must everyone love what you girls love? make una no dey try to make nigeria look like spain,
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 19, 2007
deezzle:

Well, its obvious u didnt understand what i sent. its well known that the best diction from a suave, well educated nigerian comes from the northern part of the country. when they speak good english, its impeccable. After them comes the yoruba people, at least we have a Yoruba man as a Nobel Leaurate. IGBOS!!!!!! Even if they were born and bred inside Cambridge university, the disease remains insurable!!!
Oyel
Develope,
Preparr
am yoruba and i know all about the H-factor thingy but the good thing is, its CURABLE.
is oyel curabe?ask chuckumerije!

ROFL.
I don't blame you.
I guess you wouldn't know.
I'll rather choose to preparr food than shoose to prepia it anyday grin
and I'm talking of shikin not chicken grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by dblock(m): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2007
obowunmi:

hang over of the civil war
pele o.

Shit doesn't get funnier than that. LMAO. grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2007
is anyone watching the screening going on at the national assembly? there you will see accent wey dey break roof mostly from the abokis, their accent sucks, please try and listen to many of them before you conclude, i prefer the Niger delta accent to anyone in Nigeria
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by abiodunade(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2007
chichi81:

i love the igbo accent.
get out idiot
babyosisi:

ROFL.
I don't blame you.
I guess you wouldn't know.
I'll rather choose to preparr food than shoose to prepia it anyday grin
and I'm talking of shikin not chicken grin
shut up idiot
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by okoroamadi: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2007
igbo. grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 22, 2007
hi ave undred ouses grin
hany one hi shoose,hi buy.
God his guuuud.
holl da time

holl da time
God his guud
epp me praise im oooo grin grin

e wee bless you
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2007
is this your music lyrics?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2007
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by omogenaija(f): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2007
i love the bristish accent mixed with a little bit of the naija accent  kiss
ghanian accent isnt bad
american accent is boring
southern accent is nice but a lil bit of it
and i love the jamacian accent when the person is angry

Omo Eko:

Liberians accents annoys me grin grin grin grin grin

I love the way Ghanaians pronounce cheesy cheesy cheesy

i love liberians , but their accent is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by bluesky4(f): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2007
Yoruba accent, when speaking on the phone lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OmoEko1(f): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2007
honeric01:

is this your music lyrics?
Lfmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy abeg leave her alone jare wink wink, she's trying to rap
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2007
Omo Eko:

Lfmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy abeg leave her alone jare wink wink, she's trying to rap

omo you don come again o
heeeeeeee
when cricket dey burn e think say e dey produce oil (hoil) grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OmoEko1(f): 12:05am On Jul 25, 2007
How far Mama nairaland\ doctor of nl, you no go work today or hospital no dey open for tuesday.

Btw u still dey rap grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2007
Omo Eko:

How far Mama nairaland\ doctor of nl, you no go work today or hospital no dey open for tuesday.

Btw u still dey rap grin grin

I am not a doctor of nl.
with 10 thousand posts,you qualify for mama nairaland not me grin
don't work in a hospital

looking forward to school resuming at Temple or is it Penn state?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by seun001(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2007
abiodunade:

get out idiotshut up idiot

thot someone was going to take this guy up.especially when the peeps he is addressing are agressive and never back down.chicken?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by honeric01(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2007
seun001:

thot someone was going to take this guy up.especially when the peeps he is addressing are agressive and never back down.chicken?
Uhm trouble maker, why go start up trouble in your office?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 27, 2007
black american is nice, ghanian is pissing, but of all, yoruba is am apology, though Behind yoruba is manageable
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by omogenaija(f): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2007
wats up with the hating on the yoruba accent angry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oriki Of All Towns In Ekiti State / Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.