Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (13998 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by kikiphy(f): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2007
oh! i love the bloody english accent!

the french i dont like and the scottish accent facinates me.

as for naija accent, i like the hausa, the calabar scares me, the igbo and yoruba dont move me.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by SMC(f): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2007
I cant stand the Igbo, Scouse, Aussie and Cockney Accents, as well as the American Southern drawl. lipsrsealed

I love the British Received Pronounciation accent. Blooming Marvelous grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by kulaShaker(f): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2007
i love Igbo accent and the scottish accent, and fascinated by the welsh accent and Akwa Ibom accent
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by choongtin(f): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2007
its all about the british- (london accent),

i remeber when i went to Nigeria people were askin me to pronounce some words and for some reason they found  it funny and entertaining, i think british accent rules anytime brap brap lol
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by choongtin(f): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2007
and i cnt stand CANADIAN ACCENT
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by mohadana: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2007
Igbo grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by finemocha(f): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2007
trinidadian accents are beautiful
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by finemocha(f): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2007
all nigerian accents are horrible.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chichi81(f): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2007
yoruba.yyeeeh grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by olutomiwa(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2007
I love yoruba accents especially ibadan accents,they are just too sweet "KUSIN SIA" {CUSHION CHAIR}"SO O SUO{THE SHOW IS NOT SURE}"ERAN SIKEN"{CHICKEN MEAT}
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Caradona(f): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2007
There was this Guy who used to toast me but I couldn't understand what he said all the time
He had this fake American accent and it turns out that he is an Ijebu man looking for fun
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by busygirl(f): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2007
I love the british accent. . . .It's so tight!
And I love it when guys speak tight too. . . .I
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by zebudaya(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2007
Indian accent drives me nuts!! I hate it so bad I like Australian, English, Italian, dont like the yoruba accent too
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by angel101(f): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2007
LOL @ ibadan accent. cheesy
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by doyin13(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2007
South African accent is ridiculous
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by papas: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2007
Come to think of it, Gay guys seem to have a distinct accent. They tend to speak like they have sugar or honey in their mouth. Who concurs with me?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by finemocha(f): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2007
hence y they say tehhy are a little fruity grin
australian, trinidad and tobago, british, all have beautiful accent

everything else is wack
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2007
Gay guys accent

they jst try to speak like girls, frickn gay
why dont they jst do a frickn sex change!!

Anyways,
i like the British oooh, d american nd the islanders
I love laffn at the igbo accent, indian, southafrican
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Amigoz(f): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2007
I personally like an educated Irish speak.  Its d drawling that does it for me.

Cute smiley
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by seun001(m): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2007
mexican accent.really love their music too.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by OmoEko1(f): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
Nothing compared to the French and the Italians accents hmmmmm they make u want to fall in love with them kiss kiss kiss.

I dislike the way the Russians speak grin grin grin grin, their accent is too thick. I remembered having a class with this Russian guy!!!!!Gosh he sounds so horrible whenever he talks during lecture.

How can i forget the Austrialians kiss kiss kiss kiss, lovely kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Elgaxton(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2007
Mbong! I rike nCalabar Accents o

I hate British accents damn it

I LUV RUSSIAN ACCENTs
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by dafman(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2007
doyin13:

South African accent is ridiculous

grin grin grin that's really the right word for it, just plain ridiculous
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Capone(m): 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2007
embarassed embarassed shocked

Why is everyone here discussing foreign accents? We are Nigerians and this site should be for Nigerians. Lets discuss Nigerian. And not try to pretend.

I love Everthing Nigerian we've all got accents irrespective of where we come from. It shows the dominant tones.

Edo, Hausa, Fulani, Yourba with all the variants, Igbo, Calabar, Waffi Ijaw, Ilaje, Tiv, Birom, Urhobo and Igala.

Thats food for discussion.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by drchic(f): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2007
Cant stand the 'I never learnt to speak English properly, but i now play football in Europe' accent eg Austin Okocha
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by kojeiwa(m): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2007
Even though Ghana and Nigeria are of British colony, I noticed we pronounced words differently apart from the accent. Like instead of HER, they will say HEH, instead of PURSE, they will say PERSE. My Ghanian friend always laugh at me that Nigerians don't know how to speak the Queen's English.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by omoge(f): 12:47am On Jul 14, 2007
raw chinese speaking english not annoying but can be very funny my roommies must not read this grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chiogo(f): 12:59am On Jul 14, 2007
I find all accents both annoyin' and fascinatin'. tongue
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by bluesky4(f): 1:06am On Jul 14, 2007
i got to admit, when ur on a bus and a nigerian person is speakin on the phone, their accent annnoys the hell out of me. It sounds sooo aggressive at times, espcially the yorouba.

What i find funny, is when u dont expect some1 to sound like how they look. Like when u hear an old chinese person with a cockney accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by folanusi(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2007
proberbly the worst foriegn accents to me are Australian, Newzealand, and Indian.
Cant stand em!

dislike the calabar accent, a bit primitive,

love the hausa accent, italian,

some of the Yoruba accents are absolutely hilarious. have u ever liostened to someone from Ilorin speak? or typical Ibadan, Oye pips, grin grin grin

Absolutely hilarious.

oh! and how can i forget the rich and vibrant Igbo Accent? grin grin grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by dblock(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2007
The British Accent amuses me.
The hooligan British accent annoys me
The African American accent fascinates me.
The Indian accent fascinates me.
The Chinese accent amuses me
The Middle Eastern Accent annoys me
The Spanish accent fascinates me
The Italian accent fascinates me
The French accent annoys me
The West African accent annoys me
The Southern African Accent annoys me
The Eastern African accent annoys me
The Northern African accent annoys me
The New Zealand accent annoys me
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by naijawebe(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2007
Love the British accent. The southern accent from the US most especially those from Oklahoma, North and South Carolina and Mississippi makes you want to puke. And guess what, those are the real racist ones. Remember Bush from Texas, yeah you know whom I am talking about. Mr "DECIDER" the "SUBLIMINABLES". wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture / About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.