Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Is He Trying To Sell Me Off - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is He Trying To Sell Me Off (2941 Views)

Church Elder's Joystick Almost Cut For Trying To Sex A Married Woman In Ghana / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
I cant sleep.my baby daddy of 9yrs wants to pay my bride price.my dad insisted on three hundred and fifty thousand naira for everything on d marriage list includin bride price(without him seeing d list).my baby dad spoke to some human right activists(baby dad is yoruba while am igbo,hes physicaly chalenged,my dad dislike him for these reasons)they begged my dad to pls reduce the amount hes charging.dad agreed that he should come with anything he has and pay d rest later.my baby daddy has been able to raise one hundred and fifty thousand naira,he has even put up online weding invitation card on facebook and some other social media platform,our friends are already happy 4 us.he called my dad this night 2 tell him to give him a date when he can come and see him.my dad told him to tell me to call him,he told me and i called dad.dad said if my baby dad doesnt bring three hundred and fifty thousand,dat he should not come.`i wont acept part payment'were his words.i told him to remember dat my sister's own was very

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nuelito: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
Sorry to say dx but your dad dey greedy and unstable

Shey na him go marry you nii?

Sometimes I wonder why dx African tradition dey enslave so many people soteh dem forget say marriage na something wey dey benefit both man and woman

5 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 13, 2021
easy,her husband spent less than 200k.i got angry and reminded him that my mum's brothers wanted 2 delay my mum's burial cos he didnt pay complete durin his time.i dont stay wit my baby daddy cos we had a misunderstandin late last year so i had to move from abuja to imo state.my agreement wit my baby dad was dat he should come and see my dad so dat we can all move back to abuja.these are d isues disturbin me:1.wen i had d misunderstandin wit my baby dad,i took an old friend who wanted 2 marry me(hes also from imo state),my dad slashed everytin to d bearest minimum for him,we had so many misunderstandins dat he was always stranglin me and threatenin me wit knives and cutlas,he wil beg me later wen hes calm,i even ones reported him to d police.wen i decided to leave d relationship,my dad insisted i marry him,even after hearin our story.i left d relationship anyway.2.my dad told my baby daddy dat he should marry me for free(after my disagreement wit dad dis night)3.since have been alone wit my kids,dad has neva
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 13, 2021
called 2 greet me 2 ask about my kids,but he always insist dat i change d kids surname to his.4.dad didnt complete my mum's bride price,but he beat her up even wen she was havin stroke,he is 62yrs old.he says he has seen a wife he wants to marry.mum died 5yrs ago.5.i av beta job oportunities in abuja,should i move back to live wit my baby daddy?.6.can i do court marriage without baby daddy payin bride price? Cc Lalasticlala
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by doggedfighter(f): 12:49am On Mar 13, 2021
Move back to Abuja. Your dad is toxic, self-centered and wants you to suffer.

4 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 13, 2021
doggedfighter:
Move back to Abuja. Your dad is toxic, self-centered and wants you to suffer.
Understand,dat i disapointed him by getin pregnant,but his punishment is getin me depresed

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Baby daddy of 9years? You said "kids", meaning you have more than one child. Yet this baby daddy of 9years isn't able to raise 350k, but he' was able to foot hospital bills and raise kids. Sincerely speaking, I don't think 350k is too much. This is the solution. Go for a court marriage with your man. Then move in with him, make sure you do the court marriage before you move in. Baby daddy should invest the 150k, or hand it over to you to invest, don't play with the money, hopefully the money should be able to yield the 350 in one years time, then he can go back and settle your bride price.
Your baby daddy was wrong to post marriage invitation on FB, even when he didn't have complete money and the situation complicated.

Your dad has done badly, he discriminated a physically challenged son in-law, rather than be supportive. Your dad can't have a good relationship with your husband in future, he should not complain when your hubby treats him with disdain in the far future.

6 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Foodqueen(f): 3:29am On Mar 13, 2021
Bjprodint, do whatever u think will make u happy.

3 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Foodqueen(f): 3:30am On Mar 13, 2021

Ur life is so complicated.

2 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by shege45: 4:56am On Mar 13, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Baby daddy of 9years? You said "kids", meaning you have more than one child. Yet this baby daddy of 9years isn't able to raise 350k, but he' was able to foot hospital bills and raise kids. Sincerely speaking, I don't think 350k is too much. This is the solution. Go for a court marriage with your man. Then move in with him, make sure you do the court marriage before you move in. Baby daddy should invest the 150k, or hand it over to you to invest, don't play with the money, hopefully the money should be able to yield the 350 in one years time, then he can go back and settle your bride price.
Your baby daddy was wrong to post marriage invitation on FB, even when he didn't have complete money and the situation complicated.

Your dad has done badly, he discriminated a physically challenged son in-law, rather than be supportive. Your dad can't have a good relationship with your husband in future, he should not complain when your hubby treats him with disdain in the far future.
you don’t think 350k is too much? ok oooo
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Mindlog: 5:43am On Mar 13, 2021
Newoldme:
Understand,dat i disapointed him by getin pregnant,but his punishment is getin me depresed

Is your baby daddy not the same.one that went to Facebook to say he wants a wife from.his tribe, which you are certainly not?

The fact is that your family of origin is toxic and going by the shenanigans your baby daddy displays here on Nairaland, it is like going from.frying pan to fire, you are not better off with him because you know deep dowm.you are "marrying yourself" because he even came here on Nairaland to raise funds for your bride price, is that not even a waving red flag?

You know by the tradition of where you come from, those kids belongs to your father until your baby daddy comes with his family to do the required traditional rites of marrying you.

You have been advised severally in different threads but it seens you are so fixated on wanting to continue with the baby daddy that has not made you grow as a person.

It is your life, your decision.

5 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by LadySarah: 5:44am On Mar 13, 2021
If he is wise,he'd notice you need the money more to set up yourself if Botrix pays.I hope he'll do that cos no be clear eye you take dey return to Botrix.

Bjprodint,I hope you have thought it over well I mean this going back.

Goodluck on your matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by tabithababy(f): 7:32am On Mar 13, 2021
Hmmmm

@newoldme, is it with this same man

Dear botrix,i neva cheated while with u,u stole ownership of my house 4rm me,i registered ur company with my money,u av neva paid ur kids school fees 4 ones even when d money was there,i av bought u 2 laptops from my poor salary,i have carried ur feaces and urine 4 9 yrs,i have assisted u to move around all these years,u called me a useles woman in public in front of ur female friend,i became a school drop out because of u,i was disowned by my family all these years because of u,i turned 2 a beggar because of u.u kicked me out of ur house while pregnant with our daughter,i hid d pregnancy 4rm my family until 7months no antenantal ,no medicals,my family threw me out wen they found out,i slept outside without roof until my friends mum took me in,u have never apologised 4 dat incident.u deceived and got me pregnant again wen i just lost my mum,u neva attended my mum's burial,u hit me while pregnant with our daughter.d kids became violent,u even av gusts to threaten my sister dat she should produce me...

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2021
I need my mother right now.these few coments have given me idea on what to do.thank u family.
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2021
No wonder he created that thread asking people to contribute to the bride price. He has tried with the money he has gathered; your Dad shouldn't ask him to give that 350k by force.

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by lalasticlala(m): 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
It's like your dad prefers you being a baby mama to being a married woman.

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Onyi22(f): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Problem no dy finished
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by chatinent: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
Decide your future, dear.

Your dad is interested in the money and prestige, not your happiness.

Igbo men...

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by eyinjuege: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
tabithababy:
Hmmmm

@newoldme, is it with this same man

Dear botrix,i neva cheated while with u,u stole ownership of my house 4rm me,i registered ur company with my money,u av neva paid ur kids school fees 4 ones even when d money was there,i av bought u 2 laptops from my poor salary,i have carried ur feaces and urine 4 9 yrs,i have assisted u to move around all these years,u called me a useles woman in public in front of ur female friend,i became a school drop out because of u,i was disowned by my family all these years because of u,i turned 2 a beggar because of u.u kicked me out of ur house while pregnant with our daughter,i hid d pregnancy 4rm my family until 7months no antenantal ,no medicals,my family threw me out wen they found out,i slept outside without roof until my friends mum took me in,u have never apologised 4 dat incident.u deceived and got me pregnant again wen i just lost my mum,u neva attended my mum's burial,u hit me while pregnant with our daughter.d kids became violent,u even av gusts to threaten my sister dat she should produce me...

OP, if you wrote this about your baby daddy, please do not marry him.
He will be more trouble for you than a plus.
What you need right now is how to build a career or business to look after yourself. Can friends or relatives help you with that?
Man shouldn't be

3 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by ediko5(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nuelito:
Sorry to say dx but your dad dey greedy and unstable

Shey na him go marry you nii?

Sometimes I wonder why dx African tradition dey enslave so many people soteh dem forget say marriage na something wey dey benefit both man and woman

The truth is crystal clear.
The dad hates her baby daddy either because he's a Yoruba or disabled or for being both.

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by omoelesa(m): 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
WAHALA FOR WHO MARRIED WOMEN FROM THE EAST
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Richy4(m): 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2021
Have your dad married the said lady that was supposed to be your stepmom yet?.... If not, then the money that your babydaddy will be paying as your bride price may be what he is hoping to use to pay the bride price of your stepmom...

If you have an uncle that is influential, fearless, that does not sugarcoat words, that knows what truth is all about, then take that route... Good luck Dear.. I'm happy you were extricating your self from "Abuja marriage' grin....Couple will leave forever in Abuja without knowing where each other's home town was grin
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by DamnnNiggarr: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
shocked
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Resurgent2016: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
Foodqueen:

Ur life is so complicated.

Oversabi madam, why did you call out her old moniker, she created a new moniker for a reason you should have respected that decision.
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Raalsalghul: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2021
Newoldme:
I cant sleep.my baby daddy of 9yrs wants to pay my bride price.my dad insisted on three hundred and fifty thousand naira for everything on d marriage list includin bride price(without him seeing d list).my baby dad spoke to some human right activists(baby dad is yoruba while am igbo,hes physicaly chalenged,my dad dislike him for these reasons)they begged my dad to pls reduce the amount hes charging.dad agreed that he should come with anything he has and pay d rest later.my baby daddy has been able to raise one hundred and fifty thousand naira,he has even put up online weding invitation card on facebook and some other social media platform,our friends are already happy 4 us.he called my dad this night 2 tell him to give him a date when he can come and see him.my dad told him to tell me to call him,he told me and i called dad.dad said if my baby dad doesnt bring three hundred and fifty thousand,dat he should not come.`i wont acept part payment'were his words.i told him to remember dat my sister's own was very

Hi.

Is your other moniker by any chance bjprodint?

Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Raalsalghul: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2021
Resurgent2016:

Oversabi madam, why did you call out her old moniker, she created a new moniker for a reason you should have respected that decision.

Oops just mentioned her old moniker before seeing this.

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
Reading this story and the one you posted before, I’m wondering how people manage all these stress without running mad. Small thing that will happen to me, I’ll start behaving erratically. You guys are trying!

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Mindlog: 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
ediko5:

The truth is crystal clear.
The dad hates her baby daddy either because he's a Yoruba or disabled or for being both.

The baby daddy himself has a reputation here on Nairaland!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by ahnie: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Bjbrodint

1 Like

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2021
@Resurgent2016, if you look at OP/Newoldme's diary, she says on there that she's "Bjprodint". I'm sure @Foodqueen found out from there. Also, there's nothing wrong with FQ referencing OP's other monicker, as it helps with context.

2 Likes

Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by ediko5(m): 10:22am On Mar 14, 2021
Mindlog:

The baby daddy himself has a reputation here on Nairaland!

Care to drag him here?
Re: Is He Trying To Sell Me Off by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Mar 14, 2021
ediko5:

Care to drag him here?

Why she go drag am? They are regulars with their numerous issues and at this point, it is advisable to ignore them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Comfused In The Situation I Find Myself I Sincerely Need ur Help! mari who?? / When One Partner Cheats, Who Should We Blame? / Dating/marrying A Younger Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.