Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. (2163 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / I'm Disappointed In Buhari I Just Bought A Shoe With Made In Biafra In Kano-pics / Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by OmoTier1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
BB answers to some of the issues pro-GEJ fans have distorted to curry sympathy!

Source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/13/national-13-04-2011-020.htm
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
this state of origin breeds tribalism and it never supports true federalism.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
good news
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
Time to take over iboland !
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by OmoTier1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
babaearly:

this state of origin breeds tribalism and it never supports true federalism.
exactly my thoughts. This issue is long over due for the FG to address but the despotic PDP govt never thought it wise to raise even a debt on the national scene whereas in Lagos state people are using this to thier advantage afterall is ex-convict BODE GEORGE from Lagos?
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by midep: 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf we dey expect your Abusive word as usual,
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Bawss1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
Are you guys serious? This is what we keep hearing from team BB. I will abolish this I will cancel that, then jail jail jail cheesy

Is it after all that can be abolished have been abolished and everyone is in jail that we will hear sound plans to drive the economy of Nigeria?

My point is that apart from the anti corruption campaign, team BB doesn't have much to sell itself.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2011
Bawss1:

Are you guys serious? This is what we keep hearing from team BB. I will abolish this I will cancel that, then jail jail jail cheesy

Is it after all that can be abolished have been abolished and everyone is in jail that we will hear sound plans to drive the economy of Nigeria?

My point is that apart from the anti corruption campaign, team BB doesn't have much to sell itself.

um . . . There are manifestos on the Buhari site if you are really interested in broadening your horizon there.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
If Buhari likes, let him change it to state of birth, he is still goin to lose a loser wud always remain a loser.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by MeGaStReEt: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

um . . . There are manifestos on the Buhari site if you are really interested in broadening your horizon there.

@kobokobo. . . so you support BB aight?
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by muami(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Bawss1:

Are you guys serious? This is what we keep hearing from team BB. I will abolish this I will cancel that, then jail jail jail   cheesy

Dont you know his name if Buhari AKA Abolisher, Jailer, Flogger, Canceller, Killer, and Kidnapper? Do you also mean that you didnt know that his only aim of contesting for presidency is to Abolish Nigeria?
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by muami(m): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

@kobokobo. . . so you support BB aight?
I like the sound of that: Kobokobo.Similar to koboko, Buhari's favourite weapon
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by dazangel11(f): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
You don't just come up with those laws it is not easy except you are a millitary dictator
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Bawss1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
dazangel11:

You don't just come up with those laws it is not easy except you are a millitary dictator

Thats why I ask if they are serious? Is this suppose to be a selling point?
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by yeswecan(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
Bawss1:

Are you guys serious? This is what we keep hearing from team BB. I will abolish this I will cancel that, then jail jail jail   cheesy

You are very correct. I remember the debate instead of bringing up how to correct our power problem he was talking about investigating past governments in relation to embezzlement of power funds. I think the anti corruption campaign is necessary but that's not a pressing issue - the problem with Nigeria i have said, is not corruption.  Buhari and his crew have nothing to offer Nigerians but a society where FEAR becomes the order of the day.

State Of Origin was made an issue in the very foundation of Nigeria - the constitution coated this in term like federal character and Buhari must think he can do that with an executive order.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by enyojo(f): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
VOTE FOR GEJ BECAUSE HE CAME FROM AN OIL-PRODUCING STATE
VOTE FOR GEJ BECAUSE HIS REGION HAS NEVER PRODUCED THE PRESIDENT
VOTE FOR HIM because HE DIDNT WEAR PANTS TO SCHOOL

[size=14pt]AFTER BUHARI REPLACES STATE OF ORIGIN WITH STATE OF RESIDENCE, GEJ WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO USE TO CAMPAIGN WHEN HE MAKES ANOTHER FURTILE ATTEMPT TO RUN IN 2015 [/size]
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by dazangel11(f): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
How is he going to make the laws?

Will he by-pass The National House of Assembly ?

These are not points for campaigning.

This guy should learn from GEJ
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by 10cirenoh: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is it that nigerians only know what they want in the 4yrs of a sitting pdp govt but once election comes the forget the past and vote pdp again? Is it that we are use to suffering and can not do without it? I dont know ur reaction to this but for me i think we are heading for distruction cos evil men and women have so brain washed our pple that they dont even know the difference btw good and bad, sunny okoson didnt see anything when he sang which way nigeria? But i end by saying let save nigeria so nigeria wont die.

Nigerians, think for once!!!
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
dazangel11:

This is actually not true since most democracies around the world also have the same. cheesy At least check your facts.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by dazangel11(f): 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
10cirenoh:

Why is it that nigerians only know what they want in the 4yrs of a sitting pdp govt but once election comes the forget the past and vote pdp again? Is it that we are use to suffering and can not do without it? I dont know your reaction to this but for me i think we are heading for distruction cos evil men and women have so brain washed our pple that they dont even know the difference btw good and bad, sunny okoson didnt see anything when he sang which way nigeria? But i end by saying let save nigeria so nigeria wont die.

Nigerians, think for once!!!

U can say that to the people of Rivers state. Again it is not about party but persons. Donald Duke was PDP
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by naso2(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^

God bless you real good.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
dazangel11:

U can say that to the people of Rivers state. Again it is not about party but persons. Donald Duke was PDP

Isn' the key word here "WAS"? Even Donald Duke saw a need to abandon the ship while he could. How did that work out for him since then?
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by jamace(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
Talk is cheap. Buhari thinks this is easy?

I hope he will also abolish revenue derivation formula, so that all states will recieve equal amount from the federation account: and federal character commission so that only the best and qualified get the job/post/admission etc etc . Any way, na political talk him dey yarn.

People shine your eyes o. GEJ IS THE MAN.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by recoome(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
So d why, d yarns? Should we now start jumping or dancing? Someone should tell these bad-belle(bb) people to go and hibernate themselves!
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
So BB team doesn't have think tanks too? Nigeria is a nation of nations.  Doing what he is saying will cause so much grief. Nigeria is not culturally a colonial entity and people still have their native land. Dual loyalty is dual betrayal.  The best way to integrate nigeria is to give each tribe breathing space and protect tribal identity under ONE diverse national picture. Buhari's proposal will be detrimental to States doing well because anyone can come claim to be from Enugu and enjoy what Enugu's tax payers for years have been funding just for residing in Enugu for 6months. I'm not supporting anyone in this election they all suck and Ribadu has been just too quiet in the race (Attribute of someone depending on think tanks but also of a clueless person).

Buhari's proposal is a bad one.  You can not impose unity at all.  Leave Nigeria's socio cultural entity alone. it will naturally change. Just make Nigeria safe for every Nigerian on the map and ignorance will commit suicide.  Many used to think Yorubas poo in same bowl they eat with in until they move to Yoruba land and those kinds of stereotype tended to have died away. I know tons of bi tribal couples here and in Nigeria.  The thing is they all met in Lagos or Port Harcourt. Lagos created the avenue for Nigerians to mix same as Port Harcourt and Abuja.  That is what Nigerian government should be working towards; creating an avenue that promotes unity not impose it,

My conclusion is Unity can only be promoted not imposed.  Leave Yoruba land to Yorubas and people willing to live with Yorubas, Igbo land to Igbo and people willing to live with Igbos.  If you are born Igbo, you have a native land and that can't change no matter where u reside,  Nigeria is a native land ran by the natives so trying to impose colonial states' laws on US won't work.  the USA can call Racial slurs a crime due to its cultural make up,  i still call Hausas Aboki not to belittle them but because I know the meaning of the word,  Should Nigeria now call Aboki or Omo Nna a tribal slur or what? It won't work. Many ideologies put into practice here can only work here we shouldn't copy them instead we should find what works for US as a people,
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by OmoTier1(m): 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2011
9jaganja:

So BB team doesn't have think tanks too? Nigeria is a nation of nations.  Doing what he is saying will cause so much grief. Nigeria is not culturally a colonial entity and people still have their native land. Dual loyalty is dual betrayal.  The best way to integrate nigeria is to give each tribe breathing space and protect tribal identity under ONE diverse national picture. Buhari's proposal will be detrimental to States doing well because anyone can come claim to be from Enugu and enjoy what Enugu's tax payers for years have been funding just for residing in Enugu for 6months. I'm not supporting anyone in this election they all suck and Ribadu has been just too quiet in the race (Attribute of someone depending on think tanks but also of a clueless person).

Buhari's proposal is a bad one.  You can not impose unity at all.  Leave Nigeria's socio cultural entity alone. it will naturally change. Just make Nigeria safe for every Nigerian on the map and ignorance will commit suicide.  Many used to think Yorubas poo in same bowl they eat with in until they move to Yoruba land and those kinds of stereotype tended to have died away. I know tons of bi tribal couples here and in Nigeria.  The thing is they all met in Lagos or Port Harcourt. Lagos created the avenue for Nigerians to mix same as Port Harcourt and Abuja.  That is what Nigerian government should be working towards; creating an avenue that promotes unity not impose it,

My conclusion is Unity can only be promoted not imposed.  Leave Yoruba land to Yorubas and people willing to live with Yorubas, Igbo land to Igbo and people willing to live with Igbos.  If you are born Igbo, you have a native land and that can't change no matter where u reside,  Nigeria is a native land ran by the natives so trying to impose colonial states' laws on US won't work.  the USA can call Racial slurs a crime due to its cultural make up,  i still call Hausas Aboki not to belittle them but because I know the meaning of the word,  Should Nigeria now call Aboki or Omo Nna a tribal slur or what? It won't work. Many ideologies put into practice here can only work here we shouldn't copy them instead we should find what works for US as a people,
Arrant nonesense! gosh you wasted that long a time typing this up? no wonder you come accross like you live with cage men with stone age reasoning.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by lolatom: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Arrant nonesense! gosh you wasted that long a time typing this up? no wonder you come accross like you live with cage men with stone age reasoning.

You must have comprehension deficit to refer to that intelligent write-up as arrant nonsense. The neutrality of 9jaganja was obvious in that masterpiece. The major problem I have with you BB apologetics is your known intolerance for divergent views and I'm so sure you must have learnt that from your arrogant Buhari.
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2011
9jaganja:

First off . . .  his suggestion worked for us during the military regimes . . . even Abiola benefitted greatly from it(he would not have won the way he did, if people were focused on culture and state of origin during that election). People can definitely have their native land in much the same way people in places like America, europe do, only you do not have to be identified by your native land. That is what we had and that is what we need  to bring back. This already works in much of the developed world and it is time we moved FORWARD not BACKWARD to that which has FAILED US TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

That you are not supporting anyone, does not mean you are outside of this. By not supporting at least one candidate, no matter how evil, you are showing yourself part of the problem. Because if things get worse tommorow, it will be partly because some of us refused to support some level of change. So, I hate to break it to you, but you are not a saint in this  . .  you are part of the problem and not the solution if you support no one. Inaction is action to have the status quo remain -- there is no such thing as being neutral in this.

9jaganja:

False! You don't need to impose unity . . . you just need to remove tha many chaos-enabling factors, and that is what he is suggesting there. It is really that simple. You remove the PLACE OF ORIGIN factor,and then look into removing the ETHNICITY FACTORS, and you get closer to a system where people are more equal than what we have now. Essentially, you answer your papa name and mama name for inside house but the minute you get outside, you are EVERYBODY! Again, Note we have done this before and it worked -- only we brought it back and WENT BACK to where we used to be all over again. This time, we need to do it, and do it like the CIVILIZED countries have. REMOVE IT ALL COMPLETELY FOR EVER!
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Obiagu1(m): 5:09am On Apr 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Time to take over iboland !

Hahahaha, you're kidding right?

This is the time to finally achieve our dream, take over Lagos and Abuja absolutely.
Abolish State of Origin now and replace it State/Place of Residence.

A very good policy tongue
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That you are not supporting anyone, does not mean you are outside of this. By not supporting at least one candidate, no matter how evil, you are showing yourself part of the problem. Because if things get worse tommorow, it will be partly because some of us refused to support some level of change. So, I hate to break it to you, but you are not a saint in this  . .  you are part of the problem and not the solution if you support no one. Inaction is action to have the status quo remain -- there is no such thing as being neutral in this.

First off, I'm not supporting anyone because I won't openly declare any candidate as relevant to my vision for Nigeria or sharing my vision of Nigeria, 
I have the right not to support anyone because I don't have any point to defend my vote for any of them with. I might be part of the problem to you but to me, I'm helping my conscience stay clean. Now that I'm eligible to vote here, if any candidate contradicts my stand, i have the right not to vote for him or her and if the all contradict my stand, then they all not worth being there. So me not voting is a part of me voting for what I believe in Kobojunkie.

Kobojunkie:

First off . . .  his suggestion workedjavascript:void(0); for us during the military regimes . . . even Abiola benefitted greatly from it(he would not have won the way he did, if people were focused on culture and state of origin during that election). People can definitely have their native land in much the same way people in places like America, europe do, only you do not have to be identified by your native land. That is what we had and that is what we need  to bring back. This already works in much of the developed world and it is time we moved FORWARD not BACKWARD to that which has FAILED US TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

This is the problem we will always have,  That it worked before doesn't mean it will work now,  That someone will be identified by his or her state of residence is a conviction the identifier will have to make not the federal government. I don't mind if a position that is reserved for Lagos goes to an Igbo person capable of holding the position well. What I think will breed grief is cultural genocide that will be committed by this kind of policy. If recognition is given to the indigenous population of a state no matter who reside in the state, then unity will easily be promoted. Ask the Cherokees if they are happy their cultures are been forced away by the bigger population. Do you agree that majority rule is barbaric? then you should agree that minorities need to be protected no matter how small their population,  Under Buhari's proposal, we will have a situation whereby the highest breeders have the most territory in Nigeria. Who are we kidding, Igbo land is Igbo land and every other person in Igbo land is a welcomed visitor or resident,  The only way to promote unity is to create avenues that will promote unity not create policies that will impose unity,  America has laws that bans racial preferences at WORK. Now, an employer can choose not to hire a black man which is illegal but the employer can choose to defend himself by saying, the white candidate was a better candidate. has such law policies promoted unity through imposition? NO!,  Unity is naturally attained not politically imposed,  NYSC program in Nigeria is a brilliant example of an avenue to promote unity,  Graduates from south go north etc,  They get to see other parts of Nigeria thereby getting to know other Nigerians,  Federal housing programs that helps families from across Nigeria live a town will be an example of avenue. Work places, schools etc,  all these are tools to promote unity with,  I like when I go to Port Harcourt and I say I'm from Lagos and another friend say I'm from Delta and my Ikwerre friends will say they are from Port Harcourt (Rivers),  Now it helps you identify the person's tribe even though the person resides in your state,

I don't know which countries you call civilized undecided undecided undecided undecided,  I hope you are not referring to America,  America has tried to impose unity since the 60s and it's not working at all,  Most kids become friends with kids from other races in schools etc not in government organized policies. Avenue not policies tongue tongue,  The USA is a colonial entity unlike Nigeria,  In China, your province defines the kind of Chinese you are. And China has lots of tribes,  If you say you are from mainland China, people know your tribe,  If I say I'm from Lagos, people know my tribe and know the kinds of things my people see as an abomination. During the holidays, my friends living in Abuja came with me to Lagos to see grandma and they knew better than to greet her with a hand shake,  Imposed unity almost ruined India hence creation of Pakistan!!!! Peope need to be who they are regardless of where they are,  no one is saying don't come to live in Ogun because you are not from Ota or where not; I'm just saying no matter where you live, you'll always know your people came from somewhere. Do you think the Russians will adopt Buhari's proposal when Russia is a nation of nations? You can only glue Nigeria together by making every nation in Nigeria feel independent,

Maybe i'm high but i know Buhari's proposal is a policy of terror,
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by PeeDaVinci: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2011
9jaganja:

First off, I'm not supporting anyone because I won't openly declare any candidate as relevant to my vision for Nigeria or sharing my vision of Nigeria, 
I have the right not to support anyone because I don't have any point to defend my vote for any of them with. I might be part of the problem to you but to me, I'm helping my conscience stay clean. Now that I'm eligible to vote here, if any candidate contradicts my stand, i have the right not to vote for him or her and if the all contradict my stand, then they all not worth being there. So me not voting is a part of me voting for what I believe in Kobojunkie.

This is the problem we will always have,  That it worked before doesn't mean it will work now,  That someone will be identified by his or her state of residence is a conviction the identifier will have to make not the federal government. I don't mind if a position that is reserved for Lagos goes to an Igbo person capable of holding the position well. What I think will breed grief is cultural genocide that will be committed by this kind of policy. If recognition is given to the indigenous population of a state no matter who reside in the state, then unity will easily be promoted. Ask the Cherokees if they are happy their cultures are been forced away by the bigger population. Do you agree that majority rule is barbaric? then you should agree that minorities need to be protected no matter how small their population,  Under Buhari's proposal, we will have a situation whereby the highest breeders have the most territory in Nigeria. Who are we kidding, Igbo land is Igbo land and every other person in Igbo land is a welcomed visitor or resident,  The only way to promote unity is to create avenues that will promote unity not create policies that will impose unity,  America has laws that bans racial preferences at WORK. Now, an employer can choose not to hire a black man which is illegal but the employer can choose to defend himself by saying, the white candidate was a better candidate. has such law policies promoted unity through imposition? NO!,  Unity is naturally attained not politically imposed,  NYSC program in Nigeria is a brilliant example of an avenue to promote unity,  Graduates from south go north etc,  They get to see other parts of Nigeria thereby getting to know other Nigerians,  Federal housing programs that helps families from across Nigeria live a town will be an example of avenue. Work places, schools etc,  all these are tools to promote unity with,  I like when I go to Port Harcourt and I say I'm from Lagos and another friend say I'm from Delta and my Ikwerre friends will say they are from Port Harcourt (Rivers),  Now it helps you identify the person's tribe even though the person resides in your state,

I don't know which countries you call civilized undecided undecided undecided undecided,  I hope you are not referring to America,  America has tried to impose unity since the 60s and it's not working at all,  Most kids become friends with kids from other races in schools etc not in government organized policies. Avenue not policies tongue tongue,  The USA is a colonial entity unlike Nigeria,  In China, your province defines the kind of Chinese you are. And China has lots of tribes,  If you say you are from mainland China, people know your tribe,  If I say I'm from Lagos, people know my tribe and know the kinds of things my people see as an abomination. During the holidays, my friends living in Abuja came with me to Lagos to see grandma and they knew better than to greet her with a hand shake,  Imposed unity almost ruined India hence creation of Pakistan!!!! Peope need to be who they are regardless of where they are,  no one is saying don't come to live in Ogun because you are not from Ota or where not; I'm just saying no matter where you live, you'll always know your people came from somewhere. Do you think the Russians will adopt Buhari's proposal when Russia is a nation of nations? You can only glue Nigeria together by making every nation in Nigeria feel independent,

Maybe i'm high but i know Buhari's proposal is a policy of terror,

will not go into the details of why this policy is the best for nigeria now, but will just ask you a personal question (which millions of nigerian children can identify with these days). my dad is from kogi, my mum is ekiti, was born in osun (ife) and had pry education in osogbo, before moving to lagos, did my first degree in minna, served in katsina, worked in abuja before relocating to lagos again . . . (and the story continues), have only visited kogi and ekiti about 5 times each, i dont even speak my mum /dad's mother tongue, , so, tell me, where am I from??
when i m less busy, will highlight the advantages of this policy to you, open your eyes and be broadminded rather than staying with the old regressive policy which we have always had
Re: Buhari: I Will Abolish State Of Origin With State Of Residence. by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2011
I dont support this move. I dont want my state of origin abolished.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Are The Oduduwa Haters Of Ngozi Iweala?? / Kwankwaso: Census Chairman High On Alcohol Should Be Sack / This Is Why Biafrans Are Leaving Ndu_chuks And Junaid Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.