Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,599 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet (1554 Views)

DSS Arrests Victor Umeh, Flown To Abuja In Handcuffs / Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / APC Claims Victory In Presidential Election Ahead Of Inec’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by apoti(m): 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
A MILD drama ensued at the Presidential Lounge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport last night when the former governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, arrived in a two-car convoy and after waiting a few minutes, boarded a Presidential jet obviously sent from Abuja to ferry him to the capital city. He was accompanied by some aides. The plane’s registration number is 5N FGU.

Curious reporters could not extract any word from the Action Congress of Nigeria chieftain. Speculations had however been rife since last weekend’s visit to Lagos by President Goodluck Jonathan, during which he reportedly met with Tinubu that the President may have begun courting Tinubu ahead of Saturday’s presidential election.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44681%3Atinubu-flown-to-abuja-in-presidential-jet&catid=1%3Anational&Itemid=559
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
I pray GEJ finds an iffective way to doublecross and politically cripple Tinubu. Fashola is the only person worth dealing with.
Tinubu will go to jail.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by apoti(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf:

I pray GEJ finds an iffective way to doublecross and politically cripple Tinubu. Fashola is the only person worth dealing with.
Tinubu will go to jail.

Beaf, we all know GEJ is not that smart cheesy
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf wouldn't have believe  if it was saharareporters that broke this news .
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
apoti:

Yet he keeps outsmarting you carmels. How? grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by nwabobo: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
I'm quite uncomfortable with GEJ associating himself with that owl-eyed criminal called Tinubu
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by maclatunji: 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
nwabobo:

I'm quite uncomfortable with GEJ associating himself with that owl-eyed criminal called Tinubu

Leave him, he will soon learn some lessons from the Jeun Soke exponent.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by kokoA(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
GEJ is really desperate o sho! No wonder Tinubu discribed himm as a drunk fisher man grin grin Thoght he said Yorubas are rascals? undecided Why is he on his kneels begging for their votes now?
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
nwabobo:

your badluck just can't do without him. . .I guess he's more useful and important than Tewonde George.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by AljUche: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf:

Tinubu will go to jail.
apoti:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by scottN(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoA:

GEJ is really desperate o sho! No wonder Tinubu discribed himm as a drunk fisher man grin grin Thoght he said Yorubas are rascals? undecided Why is he on his kneels begging for their votes now?

GEJ is not BEGGING, it's called POLITICKING!
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoA:

Why don't you go sell out the future of your kids to "born to rule" instead?
Some people are just daft, especially with your bigoted "drunk fisherman" retort. People like you with an inexplicable degree of foolishness, will cause hatreds that never existed before between SS and SW.

Nobody is begging anybody for votes, cos the average Yoruba person is smart and not your type.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by kokoA(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Beaf

I dont have time for your useless pro GEJ rants ok? I am entitle to my own opinion. But any how you look at it, Ebele is begging for Tinibu's endorsement tongue tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by sbeezy8: 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
ACN is still strong but why in the world would tinubu align with Buhari when the NASS are majority PDP?

makes no sense

If cpc had done better in nass election could be a diifferent story but.

GEJ is ok for now 2015 is a different story. cause PDP wont last after that election esp with which zone will get PDP ticket.

ACN played it fairly smart.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by ektbear: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

ACN is still strong but why in the world would tinubu align with Buhari when the NASS are majority PDP?

makes no sense

If cpc had done better in nass election could be a diifferent story but.

GEJ is ok for now 2015 is a different story. cause PDP wont last after that election esp with which zone will get PDP ticket.

ACN played it fairly smart.
NASS is irrelevant. PDP northerners would decamp if Buhari wins.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what concessions Tinubu extracts from GEJ.

The man is so desperate to be president, is he not? grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoA:

@ Beaf

I dont have time for your useless pro GEJ rants ok? I am entitle to my own opinion. But any how you look at it, Ebele is begging for Tinibu's endorsement tongue tongue tongue grin grin

Whatever. Just keep from making foolish bigoted statements against ND people for no reason. Makes you come across as primitive.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by kokoA(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Beaf

It may interest you to know that I am from the niger delta but I still don't support GEJ. I rather give my vote to an up right fulani man than "a brother" who wine and dine with criminals, Now tell me who is the "tribal bigot" now? Begy begy GEJ grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by sbeezy8: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

NASS is irrelevant. PDP northerners would decamp if Buhari wins.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what concessions Tinubu extracts from GEJ.

The man is so desperate to be president, is he not? grin grin grin

I dont think Tinubu was looking for that much. Even before the eletion process began GEJ did give ACN people spots.

aganga was nominated by acn as well as a few others.

to me I see Tinubu looking beyond 2011. He like many are expecting an unrest PDP in 2015. either way its only good for ACN. PDP didnt want Tinubu to join CPC that was the main point, no nessecarily ACN joing PDP if you know what i mean.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
Lol, so Tinubu is now a hero now?
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoA:

@ Beaf

It may interest you to know that I am from the niger delta but I still don't support GEJ. I rather give my vote to an up right fulani man than "a brother" who wine and dine with criminals, Now tell me who is the "tribal bigot" now? Begy begy GEJ grin

I really don't care about your political choice, its your business.
Your choice of words, however were bigoted and extremely offensive. If you are from the ND as you claim, then you absolutely lack self worth; you've always come across as a someone from Lagos anyway.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by otokx(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
ACN will be better off in a deal with PDP
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by ektbear: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

I dont think Tinubu was looking for that much. Even before the eletion process began GEJ did give ACN people spots.

aganga was nominated by acn as well as a few others.

to me I see Tinubu looking beyond 2011. He like many are expecting an unrest PDP in 2015. either way its only good for ACN. PDP didnt want Tinubu to join CPC that was the main point, no nessecarily ACN joing PDP if you know what i mean.

Yeah I know. Tinubu will keep ACN intact, presumably get GEJ to throw two more of his allies under the bus (David Mark and the Saraki family) and plan for 2015. Wash, rinse, repeat in 2015. . . but from a much stronger position then than now.

I don't care too much about the gov't appointments personally; I think their value is a bit overstated (but I guess I've already made this opinion known.)
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by ektbear: 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
Topman40:

Lol, so Tinubu is now a hero now?

He is what he is. A large, rabid, and dangerous dog currently being used to attack certain enemies and that might turn on its owner at any time grin

Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think any of us view him as a hero. . . just a necessary weapon in the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Lagosboy: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

[b]He is what he is. A large, rabid, and dangerous dog currently being used to attack certain enemies and that might turn on its owner at any time grin[/b]Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think any of us view him as a hero. . . just a necessary weapon in the jungle called Nigeria.

I love this expression grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by ektbear: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

I love this expression  grin  grin  grin

Glad you like it  wink
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by sbeezy8: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Yeah I know. Tinubu will keep ACN intact, presumably get GEJ to throw two more of his allies under the bus (David Mark and the Saraki family) and plan for 2015. Wash, rinse, repeat in 2015. . . but from a much stronger position then than now.

I don't care too much about the gov't appointments personally; I think their value is a bit overstated (but I guess I've already made this opinion known.)

people in PDP are easily expendible i think he learnt that nosense fron Obj, when you look at PDP had nothing to lose in the SW that much any besides votes.

but 4/6 states were not PDP anyway so the wins by ACN were not really that surprising honestly. Now is the SW turns to like really sit out and examine this and that. in 2015 the Middle belt will probably be in the same position I gurantee it.

2015 is going to be a tough one for GEJ cause in PDP you have   the nc, nw, ne and se aswell as the ss who are going to be saying obj had 8 yrs so gej should have 8 aswell calling for presidency.

hes going to do alot of throwing under the bus in the next yrs starting with PDP people in his camp mainly  north and southeasterns if he plans on running again.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
A peep into the negotiations:

Tinubu arrives Aso Rock, prostrates and refuses to get up -

Tinubu: Mr President sir! Alaye Baba! Fada! owner of my life!
GEJ: Come on, we don't do such anymore.
Tinubu: Fogif me sir.
GEJ: Its about post election plans if I'm voted in on saturday
Tinubu: Ahhhh! You're covered na! No be ACN? Na me get efry tin!
GEJ: I'm thinking we could form a progressive block to ta . . .
Tinubu: Egbon, leave dat side! As long as you no jail me. . .
GEJ: What are you talking about?
Tinubu: You know my runs na! But ACN is yours, afterall na my girlfriend, wife, pikin and some friends na im be di senators ke! Sha I no go jail, nutin de happen, all
     awa votes are yours. What of oil? You go gif me small? I can do anytin, you no see how I dash ACN wen get 30% of NASS to CPC wen get only 3%?
. . .
etc
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by sbeezy8: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^ that convo makes no sense even i know that GEJ isnt the boss type of guy.

the best thing ACN could have done is stand on their own

beaf what you think about 2015 for president GEJ?
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by ektbear: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

people in PDP are easily expendible i think he learnt that nosense fron Obj, when you look at PDP had nothing to lose in the SW that much any besides votes.
Very true. A band of thieves and thugs with no loyalty to each other.

but 4/6 states were not PDP anyway so the wins by ACN were not really that surprising honestly.
Indeed. I'm not sure PDP would have won those states in 2007, most of 'em.

Now is the SW turns to like really sit out and examine this and that. in 2015 the Middle belt will probably be in the same position I gurantee it.
Middle Belt is a place truly ripe for allies. ACN would do well to continue outreach to weaken the PDP. . . I think at the end of the day this region holds the key to breaking that party (since they don't want to go the alliance route this year.)

2015 is going to be a tough one for GEJ cause in PDP you have   the nc, nw, ne and se aswell as the ss who are going to be saying obj had 8 yrs so gej should have 8 aswell calling for presidency.

hes going to do alot of throwing under the bus in the next yrs starting with PDP people in his camp mainly  north and southeasterns if he plans on running again.
Yep. 2015 will be like this, but 10X more potential reward. GEJ will want to run again, but will have the Northerners and to a lesser extent the SE pissed off at him. His alliance will become even more fragile then. So even more opportunity to put pressure on him, extract concessions, make advances. Will be pretty interesting times, no doubt.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by oderemo(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
@beaf get the hell outta here.
btween tinubu and the fisherman, who speak the better english.
dont start what u cant finish,  and don compare REMI  with umbrera either.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Beaf: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
ode remo:

@beaf get the hell outta here.
btween tinubu and the fisherman, who speak the better english.
dont start what u cant finish,  and don compare REMI  with umbrera either.

I don't wish to insult you. Never use the word fisherman when talking to anybody from ND. Primitive fool.
Re: Tinubu Flown To Abuja In Presidential Jet by Justcash(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

^^^ that convo makes no sense even i know that GEJ isnt the boss type of guy.

the best thing ACN could have done is stand on their own

beaf what you think about 2015 for president GEJ?

GEJ will hand over to a candidate from the SE. By then, Tinubu must have gone through what Atiku went through under OBJ.  Fashola must have turned into a PDP governor. Then he will be a vice President after GEJ. He will be more influential than Tinubu. The Almajiri up North may have learnt the art of blowing themselves up in anger from Northern Politicians that will be feeling deprived. There will be a Movement for the Emancipation of Arewa (MEA) *Sounds like a record label* ! somebody say Issseeeeeeeeeeeee!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It is One Nigeria or Nothing O!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngige Joins Se Lawmakers And Rejects Any Position Less Than Speaker/S.President! / Akwa Ibom: Still Tackling The Problems Of Child Witch / Has Fashola's Stock Fallen In The Past Few Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.