Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy (17860 Views)

APC Governors Narrow Consensus To Amaechi, Osinbajo, Tinubu - THEWILL / FG Sets February Deadline For Lagos-ibadan Standard Gauge rail Line / GE To Provide 200 Wagons, 10 Locomotives For Narrow Gauge Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
S
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Odingo1: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
When it come to SE/SS no money, Kano-Kaduna, Kano-Maradi Niger Republic, Lagos-Ibadan no paucity of funds.

Oil rich SS is not wise at all, money from the region is been use to build other places but can’t get any good things from their oil.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Odingo1: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
aremuforlife:
100km to 120km is just little differences, although, it may look like the government is favouring one region to another. The different between the money for the standard and narrow gauge is very wide. We all have been carrying out about the debt and the way the government has been borrowing money from china.
Why not do narrow gauge to Niger or kaduna-Kano to save money.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
Why did GEJ not do the standard gauge in the South?
Mumu people

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ojiofor:
Since Narrow guage is good and cost effective why did they waste billions constructing standard guage in other parts of the country?
ask Goodluck Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Narrow gauge is very inferior.

The trains move slowly and steer from side to side, meaning it's generally uncomfortable and won't offer a smooth ride..

Slow trains is the name in China.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Rugaria:
Paucity of funds to do standard gauge in the east that brings in all the funds but enough funds to do speed rail in Zinder via Marada Niger republic!? Funds Kee u dia..
where was Goodluck?
Which one did he do for you? East west road?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by openmine(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
Its best to put such project on hold until there are enough funds for a standard gauge....no need wasting such funds on a cheaper one just so that you can include such project as one of this administration's work!
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
festacman:
It is massively SHAMEFUL that Nigeria has no functional train transport system for years until now, inspite of being oil-rich and being once one of richest countries in the world.

Standard gauge or narrow gauge, let's start something we can always improve upon. The economy needs it badly.

However, the important thing is having a professionally driven and technically sound operational system that will drive a profitable business model. We must do away with the current Nigerian Railway Corporation 'trash' that failed in the past.

The answer is that our oil revenue cannot pay for a world class railway system. It isn't enough

That's why your government needs to make Nigeria an industrial society.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Mumu people

You asked a good question, however, GEJ isn't in power, it's Buhari, and Buhari should be the one answering the quesiton...after 6 years of being in power...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Odingo1: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
where was Goodluck?
Which one did he do for you? East west road?
Greedy lots, did they ask where was Obasanjo in building Lagos-Ibadan railway or ask where was Yaradua in Finishing Kano-Kaduna railway.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

You asked a good question, however, GEJ isn't in power, it's Buhari, and Buhari should be the one answering the quesiton...after 6 years of being in power...
failed answer!

GEJ was building railways in the North.
How many did he inaugurate in the South?

Buhari is not from the south. So he can't answer that question.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by PHijo(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Thunder fire you and your friends in APC! ( in Ric Hassani voice).

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Fuckyoumod: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Odingo1:

Greedy lots, did they ask where was Obasanjo in building Lagos-Ibadan railway or ask where was Yaradua in Finishing Kano-Kaduna railway.
oga, Buhari is not from the south.

Deal with it, hold your Brother GEJ responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
failed answer!

GEJ was building railways in the North.
How many did he inaugurate in the South?

Buhari is not from the south. So he can't answer that question.

GEJ is out of power.(and no, I was not his fan.)

So, ask your hero Lord Bubu....the buck stops at his table...

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Odingo1: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
oga, Buhari is not from the south.

Deal with it, hold your Brother GEJ responsible.
If Gej tell Northerners to hold Yaradua responsible there won’t be Kaduna-Kano railway and also if Yorubas where told to hold Obasanjo responsible there won’t be Lagos-Ibadan railway.

Stop making stupid senseless comments here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Yankee101: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Why would you give the north the best and ask your own people to manage?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Ojiofor: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
ask Goodluck Jonathan

Why should I ask GEJ,did governance stop after he left office?
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by nsiba: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
Big FOOL why didn't you go start same with the Niger Republic line, when it comes to the south you are giving us useless excuse
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by CSTRR: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
The problem with the narrow guage is that we may never be able to connect southern Nigeria.

One part has standard while the other has narrow.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by nsiba: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Big FOOL why didn't you go start same with the Niger Republic line, when it comes to the south you are giving us useless excuse

Stupid aboki ass licking coward

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by NaijaFutbol: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hehebr
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Okoroawusa: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
I Love PMB

In rail transportation, Buhari is doing what we should have done 40 years ago now... Igbos say that "taa bu gbo"... meaning it's never too late to start anything. Let's start and let coming governments add to the one he has done. That's how a nation develops.

Posterity will be kind to this man.

Modified: I am happy that no one is shouting "audio" unlike 3 or4 years ago if a project like this was announced. It shows that we are moving. People are actually seeing that he is doing something infrastructure-wise. The only complaints now are, "why e no be.my side?", "Why him no start from left or right?"....We move

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/amaechi-clarifies-narrow-standard-gauge-lines-controversy/

Why this man thinks he is doing anything in this contraption still beats me.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by CrazyGranddad(m): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
“In the whole of Africa, Nigeria is the only country that has introduced a standard gauge line. South Africa, India and other countries are still using the narrow guage line introduced by their colonial masters. "

When these people want to lie, they should remember there is something called Google.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard-gauge_railway

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
Yankee101:
Why would you give the north the best and ask your own people to manage?

Is that not what GEJ was busy doing too, building derelict schools that nobody is attending all over the North while his wife, girlfriends and buddies were running things with our dollars. Idio.t man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by alcaptainero: 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
It became paucity of fund when it was the turn of a whole south-south...Mr transport minister has nothing to explain

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Mumu people
government is a continuum, stop being mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Asswipemod:

Is that not what GEJ was busy doing too, building derelict schools that nobody is attending all over the North while his wife, girlfriends and buddies were running things with our dollars. Idio.t man.
if i tell u that garba shehu reasons better than u, u should then know how unreasonable this your comment is.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by catloaded: 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
okay i don hear
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
if i tell u that garba shehu reasons better than u, u should then know how unreasonable this your comment is.

I know you will say that. I am not surprised. Anybody who speaks the truth, for you, is an unreasonable person. Pele. Have you eaten?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Asswipemod:

I know you will say that. I am not surprised. Anybody who speaks the truth, for you, is an unreasonable person. Pele. Have you eaten?
boy i can feed u and your family for 1 whole year without batting an eyelid. I swear.
U jam the wrong person to insult. Im a big boy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pelumi Olajengbesi: Ambode Should Learn From Obaseki, Godfathers Can Be Unseated / Police Rescue Woman From Ritualists’ Den In Ogun / Buhari To Inherit N8.1b Presidential Villa Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.