Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,734 members, 7,851,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy (17862 Views)

APC Governors Narrow Consensus To Amaechi, Osinbajo, Tinubu - THEWILL / FG Sets February Deadline For Lagos-ibadan Standard Gauge rail Line / GE To Provide 200 Wagons, 10 Locomotives For Narrow Gauge Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
boy i can feed u and your family for 1 whole year without batting an eyelid. I swear.
U jam the wrong person to insult. Im a big boy.

Empty barrel na in dey make noise pass. I am a big boy my rectum! What do you want them to serve you joor? Speak up.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Asswipemod:

Empty barrel na in dey make noise pass. I am a big boy my rectum! What do you want them to serve you joor? Speak up.
do not be ashamed of your poverty. It is not your fault that irresponsible father did not send u to school.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by afube: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
why wasn't it constructed in the north and the southwest? while constructing in only from Bonny-Portharcourt to end at Enugu? then from Enugu to damaturu you will now construct the standard gauge line...hmmm who is fooling who?

I wonder if the warri -ikakpe own is still narrow gauge....and what will now be the proposed coastal railway line.
this country self eh!

the stupidity of Igbo one nigerianists is so annoying, Amaechi must think we are fools but upcoming events will show all and sundry that Ndigbo are no fools. standard gauge is ok for yoruba and fulani but its not okay for the east.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by afube: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ojiofor:
Since Narrow guage is good and cost effective why did they waste billions constructing standard guage in other parts of the country?

After now some will blame MNK for behaving irrationally.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by afube: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
Difrent:

Currently we have 2 narrow gauge lines , ie Lagos to Kano and PH to maiduguri. Lagos to Kano narrow gauge has been rehabilitated and functions very well for cargo and human transport .
The new standard gauge line was supposed to be from Lagos to Kano, Lagos to calabar coastal rail and PH to maiduguri as per the railway transformation plan but because for whatever reason the construction started midway in Abuja to kaduna by GEJ administration. PMB has done the Lagos Ibadan ,has awarded kaduna to Kano and looking for funds for the final leg of Ibadan to Abuja .
From the analysis above , with finds the whole country will eventually be covered ......as for why it didn't start from the eastern flank let's ask GEJ why he didn't start the eastern line that will include his bayelsa state

this is the obscurantist arguments that infuriates me about yoruba people, una gree Jonathan rest,your media no gree the man do anything, the money is actually coming in the main from the east o!
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by afube: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

You asked a good question, however, GEJ isn't in power, it's Buhari, and Buhari should be the one answering the quesiton...after 6 years of being in power...

you dey mind the idiat !
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by BigBashiru: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by BigBashiru: 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB

In rail transportation, Buhari is doing what we should have done 40 years ago now... Igbos say that "taa bu gbo"... meaning it's never too late to start anything. Let's start and let coming governments add to the one he has done. That's how a nation develops.

Posterity will be kind to this man.

Modified: I am happy that no one is shouting "audio" unlike 3 or4 years ago if a project like this was announced. It shows that we are moving. People are actually seeing that he is doing something infrastructure-wise. The only complaints now are, "why e no be.my side?", "Why him no start from left or right?"....We move

only the living can ride trains... so its security first....
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Ikpongiton: 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
lies will not help you.buhari will not help you.northerners will tell you waka.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by colestephan86: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/amaechi-clarifies-narrow-standard-gauge-lines-controversy/
The narrow guage rail system is obsolete and should not be used in this new era.
The British brought it to their colonies back then cos they we switching to the standard guage and they had very many narrow guage tracks in their stock. So they decided to install them in their colonies.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
do not be ashamed of your poverty. It is not your fault that irresponsible father did not send u to school.

Mtchewww! Oga speak up. It will get cold o. All this shakara no go pay you o. Hmmm? Oga. Eat now.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
Asswipemod:

Mtchewww! Oga speak up. It will get cold o. All this shakara no go pay you o. Hmmm? Oga. Eat now.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by pquaver(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
Amaechi doesnt have sense.
The Railway man say that South Africa and India are still using the narrow guage that their colonial masters left them.
See fools.
South Africa and India got independence before nigeria, yet their railways from colonial days have been working for them till now. And we have nothing.
Since we dont have railway and are starting from scratch, why not go for the standard guage? Why go back to narrow guage that is colonial masters standard? Narrow guage 3.2b, standard 11b. Better go for the standard.
Because after some years, when they start talking of upgrading to standard, the price then will be 22 billion

If he says the want to borrow money for it now.. All of you complaining will be the first to cry he is borrowing, don't borrow for us, he wants to sell us to China.. When your pdp government comes let them do the standard gauge all over Nigeria for now this is what Nigeria under Buhari can afford.. Simple if u no like am find the nearest transformer and unleash thy faithfulness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by ukahrawah: 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
May Narrow gauge crush all those that proposed & approved it for SE.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Owologbo(m): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
festacman:
It is massively SHAMEFUL that Nigeria has no functional train transport system for years until now, inspite of being oil-rich and being once one of richest countries in the world.

Standard gauge or narrow gauge, let's start something we can always improve upon. The economy needs it badly.

However, the important thing is having a professionally driven and technically sound operational system that will drive a profitable business model. We must do away with the current Nigerian Railway Corporation 'trash' that failed in the past.

For people trivializing this developmental effort by ethnicizing it, I will just say, infrastructural development can always be expanded, upgraded or even completely changed. For South East critics, it is important to state your 2015 favourite presidential originally designed the railway network without thinking highly of SE needs. Food for thought.
The one they are constructing to Niger Republic, is it narrow that's?
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by o9o9: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
sanctity454:
Narrow guage is for cargo haulage this days, standard guage is even been relegated for megelev in some Countries like japan, china etc.
The project should be put on hold until funds are available period.
Funny what we call a narrow guage is what is actually called a standard guage in japan.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by ChimaAdeoye: 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/amaechi-clarifies-narrow-standard-gauge-lines-controversy/

If narrow gauge is the same as standard gauge, why not make the Eastern railway to be standard gauge so that eventually trains can run all over Nigeria without problems of one part of the country only having a certain category of trains that will run there from another part of the country?

Everyone knows the deceit that Amechi is unsuccessfully trying to hide or even justify. This is the reason why Nigeria will never develop!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by NwaliE01: 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jestin:
Amechi has tried in terms of rail construction but what happened to our roads?
The billions are no Longer on the Road. In rail construction, we negotiate in Billions of Dollar.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by NwaliE01: 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
boy i can feed u and your family for 1 whole year without batting an eyelid. I swear.
U jam the wrong person to insult. Im a big boy.
Abeg Brother me. I never see food chop.
Make I drop my account number?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:

Oga why are you repeating yourself like a broken record now? I say make you talk you dey do shakara! Ebi lo ma a pa monomono e ku. Should they being rice?
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Onuoha1234(m): 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
The critics of narrow Gauge are uninformed. Proceed with the task vigorously.The difference is quality and kind of.Rolling Stock.Give us.German stuff.Sleeper Coach Refrigerator Wagon for Foods.Eliminate Level Crossing Stations Signaling System.and so on.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by sangresan(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by garfield1: 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Rugaria:
Paucity of funds to do standard gauge in the east that brings in all the funds but enough funds to do speed rail in Zinder via Marada Niger republic!? Funds Kee u dia..

How much does the south east contribute to the national treasury

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Rugaria: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
garfield1:

How much does the south east contribute to the national treasury

You are a bundle of disappointment! Honestly...
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Legendaryd(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

"In the whole of Africa, Nigeria is the only country that has introduced a standard gauge line. South Africa, India and other countries are still using the narrow guage line introduced by their colonial masters. Other African countries are still using what the colonial master constructed."
Bunch of liars.....God purnish you all... which only nigeria.. eritrea, Kenya, ethiopia South Africa all have standard gauge...oniro oshi
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Plusstreet(m): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
Efulefu. But you did not give all these sermon for Niger line. Continue selling yourself for penny. No Pharaoh will be spared. You can not make me a third class citizen in my country and think you can go scot free. The Pass over has been celebrated.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by thatigboman: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Asswipemod:

Oga why are you repeating yourself like a broken record now? I say make you talk you dey do shakara! Ebi lo ma a pa monomono e ku. Should they being rice?
see this oshodi owo mi da thug talking rubbish. I can feed you and your family for 1 whole year. U want to contest it, state a public place in any big town in yorubaland that u want me and u to come and talk it face to face in a week's time and i accept your challenge.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Asswipemod: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
see this oshodi owo mi da thug talking rubbish. I can feed you and your family for 1 whole year. U want to contest it, state a public place in any big town in yorubaland that u want me and u to come and talk it face to face in a week's time and i accept your challenge.

Augustus! Augustuzzzi! Biko nyem 1 plate of nkobi for my hungry bigboy friend put stout join.. His hunger has began to cloud his ability for verbal and mental decorum. Abi you go drink Corona beer instead?
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by olagbola45(m): 7:15am On Mar 15, 2021
sanctity454:
Narrow guage is for cargo haulage this days, standard guage is even been relegated for megelev in some Countries like japan, china etc.
The project should be put on hold until funds are available period.

Lol and your lot will be shouting marginalization
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by ijaola(m): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2021
Rubbish. That 20mins means alot. Why does it cost much more than in other countries. It could be done less and in a short period but this corrupt politician feel the are doing us a favour.

BTW, must we wait till till narrow gauge get outdated before we start going to standard gauge?

SATANICALLY666:

Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by Zeroid105: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2021
It amazes me that someone in the capacity of minister of transportation does not have basic knowledge of time, distance and speed calculations/estimations. Port Harcourt to Damaturu is roughly 1230km. On a standard guage rail, which is claimed to operate at 120km/hr, the travelling time will be 10hr15mins. The narrow guage at 100km/hr will take 12hr18mins. So the difference in time of travel is 2hr3min and not 30mins Our politicians should learn to be smart in trying to justify whatever decision or policy they plan to implement.
Re: Amaechi Clarifies Narrow/standard Gauge Lines Controversy by objobj: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2021
lugo99:
WizKid is a goat..

You must be a frustrated crawling animal.

Go away joor. Why displaying your agony here. Disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Rescue Woman From Ritualists’ Den In Ogun / Buhari To Inherit N8.1b Presidential Villa Debts / NURTW Threatens To Join Strike, Transport To Be Grounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.