Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her (63004 Views)

Lady Sparks Outrage As She Pierces Her Baby's Nose (Photo) / Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / 5-year-old Boy Reveals His Past Life As A Black Woman Who Died 30 years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by 001spice: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2021
Wow. Am always proud to be an african.bt sad to come from Nigeria
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Olabestonic001(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

"What you see in this picture is not happening in Africa! But in the United States - in the state of Georgia, and in an American university (Georgia Gwinnett).

The black woman you see is no ordinary person on the street. She is a Professor of Biological Sciences at this university. Her name is Ramata Sissoko. It should be added that she is from Mali in Africa ��.

This Professor hit the headlines in the United States by her humane gesture, relayed by thousands on Twitter.

That day, a student mother who could not find a babysitter for her baby and had to come to class with the child.

The Malian teacher, instead of sending the student to the door for the child's crying, was rather taken with compassion ... like a real African woman.

She took the baby from the student, carried it on her back in a typical African style and taught the lesson for three hours.

The child, very comfortable on her back, did not make a single noise during the three hours she gave the lesson. All the students could not believe.

Source: Bishop Kings Library

She's an elderly Professor in a US university and took the baby from the mum when the baby was crying and the mother couldn't appease her.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Starzo: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2021
Yeyenairaland:

I beg disagree

Not all of you

I can bet my left ball rn that you wouldn't do same cool
exactly. ninety percent of naija women would insult the student and throw her out of the class if they were the lecturer

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by olisaEze(m): 9:21am On Mar 19, 2021
BaeMercy:
African woman na Gold
We sure know how to pet kids

Take care of...yes.

Pet...?? Hmm....it’s like ur mama never give you 'factory fitted' slap with slippers before. grin

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Alexpetra: 9:21am On Mar 19, 2021
So you have to use the word "black" before you pass ur message?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by lekki1444: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2021
MummyD2020:

What did I read? Whisk is senseless? The mom trying to balance school and family or the lecturer relieving the helpless mum to be more equipped in life to cater for her baby? You will be the same person to bash them for relying on social welfare and not getting an education to provide for she and her family.
listen i understand that life happens but these two women belong in an african village somewhere and not a civilized world. the student is wrong for bringing her baby to class and the teacher is unprofessional for carrying the baby on her back while delivering lectures

UNLESS OF COURSE THIS IS THE DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN STUDIES AND THE TOPIC IS HOW TO CARRY A BABY ON YOUR BACK EFFECTIVELY WHILE DOING CHORES

2 Likes

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by izubext007: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2021
we are Africans
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by MrIcredible: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

"What you see in this picture is not happening in Africa! But in the United States - in the state of Georgia, and in an American university (Georgia Gwinnett).

The black woman you see is no ordinary person on the street. She is a Professor of Biological Sciences at this university. Her name is Ramata Sissoko. It should be added that she is from Mali in Africa ��.

This Professor hit the headlines in the United States by her humane gesture, relayed by thousands on Twitter.

That day, a student mother who could not find a babysitter for her baby and had to come to class with the child.

The Malian teacher, instead of sending the student to the door for the child's crying, was rather taken with compassion ... like a real African woman.

She took the baby from the student, carried it on her back in a typical African style and taught the lesson for three hours.

The child, very comfortable on her back, did not make a single noise during the three hours she gave the lesson. All the students could not believe.

When will this stupid colour blindness stop?

Black or BROWN?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by samwillyco1(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2021
My Respect for her, infact she is good Educationally, humble, caring and finally she knows how to control variables in the lecture hall.

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Davesaves(m): 9:35am On Mar 19, 2021
Oh my Africa.. And our Nigerian Ladies are fighting so hard to jettison the African culture and heritage and embrace the western way of life. So SAD
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Eriokanmi: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2021
BaeMercy:
African woman na Gold
But the so called feminists are busy eroding our culture by imbibing theirs. This has to stop
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2021
wow God bless our mothers, but honestly the slayqueens we have now are something else o
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by caesymore(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2021
Imagine what the topic would be if it was to be her own child? grin grin grin
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

So why black
The more you people
continue to use that word
the more stupid it sounds⚫

I tell you, it's ridiculous
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by olumzzz(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2021
Ishilove:
Is it that people don't read? The baby is not hers but her student's
The headline states otherwise.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Pjoe238: 9:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Wahlahi na Gold
BaeMercy:
African woman na Gold
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by baralatie(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2021
MummyD2020:

What did I read? Whisk is senseless? The mom trying to balance school and family or the lecturer relieving the helpless mum to be more equipped in life to cater for her baby? You will be the same person to bash them for relying on social welfare and not getting an education to provide for she and her family.
exactly

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by olmoRoc: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

She couldn't have sent the student to the door or out of the lecture room.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by RelaxingEnd: 9:48am On Mar 19, 2021
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Ellasure: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Excellent Idea. Good publicity too. Not necessarily African, it is supposed to be a natural way of doing things but neglected or sidetracked by reasonings of modernity. The good Lord is in control.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Darkcloud11(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

So why black
The more you people
continue to use that word
the more stupid it sounds⚫
I keep telling people that using the word black or white is racist, instead we should address ourselves as Africans, and we should address our brothers in diaspora as African American or African European just like the way Asians are being addressed, calling us black is like calling a Korean or Chinese small eye Asian
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Originalsly: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2021
zed7:

African women used to be the best women in the world; strong, resilient and dependable.
What we have now are confused girls who don't know whether to be Africans or westerners. I fear for future generations.

No doubt. What we need to really take from this is she is not ashamed of her
culture ... nor is a victim of inferiority complex. I just hope this inspires our African young women abroad who shun backing their babies but instead go for the "White" adaptation of hanging the babies in the front in baby carriers.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by kokomilala(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2021
She put her lived and shared experience to manage the situation.If she hadn't done that ,that student wouldn't have been able to attend the class,on the one hand.And,on the other,if she attended ,she would have been distracted throughout.I do not see any fuss- cultural fuss- about it.
Does it mean that white kids not strapped on their mothers' backs aren't pampered or become well-nurtured ,or successful? The scene is unsual,but nothing special.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Angelfrost(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2021
Dotherightthing:

And what is wrong with the word 'Black'

Are we not black

No we are not! Same way no Caucasian is "White"!.... Such dumb color stereotypes were created by racist slave-traders light years ago to further their domineering agenda! I would expect learned folks to know better than continuing to accept or push such nonsense, especially when there is no need for it.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by descarado: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2021
She should receive an award for this very noble act kiss kiss

I'm humbled.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by descarado: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2021
Olabestonic001:

She's an elderly Professor in a US university and took the baby from the mum when the baby was crying and the mother couldn't appease her.

Thank you
Seems like people didn't read the story.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by ImaIma1(f): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

Your topic says it's her baby while your write up says it's a student's baby. Hmmm
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by junglej: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2021
Atiku:
Her students baby

Thank you, the headline is misleading. It's not her baby but her student's baby. And I guess; either most of you didn't read the story, or you fail to comprehend what you read. As for you, "Atiku"? You got major problems.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by baralatie(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2021
descarado:
Seems like people didn't read the story.
as in some people actually missed that information
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by heendrix(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Dalil8:

Abi oh. Making it look like there's something special about mothers.

Applauding them for nurturing their kids, like who else is gonna take care of your kids if not you? undecided

Oga did you look at the picture well to confirm it's her Kid??
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Ashley86400: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2021
But this happened a year ago na. .
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by TimiRume(f): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2021
zed7:
African women used to be the best women in the world; strong, resilient and dependable.
What we have now are confused girls who don't know whether to be Africans or westerners. I fear for future generations.
Strong, resilient and dependable, all these struggle adjectives to describe them? I'm so glad they are waking up, African men have nothing to offer them except poverty and backwardness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / Toddler Takes 'Demonic' Doll Everywhere She Goes, Making Other Kids Cry (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.