Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,445 members, 7,846,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her (62993 Views)

Lady Sparks Outrage As She Pierces Her Baby's Nose (Photo) / Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / 5-year-old Boy Reveals His Past Life As A Black Woman Who Died 30 years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by heendrix(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2021
lekki1444:
listen i understand that life happens but these two women belong in an african village somewhere and not a civilized world. the student is wrong for bringing her baby to class and the teacher is unprofessional for carrying the baby on her back while delivering lectures

UNLESS OF COURSE THIS IS THE DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN STUDIES AND THE TOPIC IS HOW TO CARRY A BABY ON YOUR BACK EFFECTIVELY WHILE DOING CHORES

Everything you've been saying has been thoughtless n you must sure be very good at Blabbing. folks like you got issues with accepting correction. I'm very sure at first you thought the baby was the Lecturers', well later you found out and inorder not to look/sound Stupid you're justifying ur Ignorance with gibberish

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by moorevic(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2021
And what about it?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by PAQ(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

So why black
The more you people
continue to use that word
the more stupid it sounds⚫

Thesame way you will see "white man enters bus in Lagos", "white man buys Akara on roadside", White man climbs okada".

We must always call out the race or tribes when describing someone in a particular situation...

Its just the racist in us. But we just dont know it
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by naptu2: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2021
Ishilove:
Is it that people don't read? The baby is not hers but her student's

grin grin grin

You are still wondering whether Nairalanders can read.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by lexy2014: 10:37am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

"What you see in this picture is not happening in Africa! But in the United States - in the state of Georgia, and in an American university (Georgia Gwinnett).

The black woman you see is no ordinary person on the street. She is a Professor of Biological Sciences at this university. Her name is Ramata Sissoko. It should be added that she is from Mali in Africa ��.

This Professor hit the headlines in the United States by her humane gesture, relayed by thousands on Twitter.

That day, a student mother who could not find a babysitter for her baby and had to come to class with the child.

The Malian teacher, instead of sending the student to the door for the child's crying, was rather taken with compassion ... like a real African woman.

She took the baby from the student, carried it on her back in a typical African style and taught the lesson for three hours.

The child, very comfortable on her back, did not make a single noise during the three hours she gave the lesson. All the students could not believe.

Source: Bishop Kings Library

The headline says d baby is for d woman lecturing:

"A black woman lecturing with her baby behind her".

But d story is saying something else:

"That day, a student mother who could not find a babysitter for her baby and had to come to class with the child.

The Malian teacher, instead of sending the student to the door for the child's crying, was rather taken with compassion ... like a real African woman.

She took the baby from the student, carried it on her back in a typical African style and taught the lesson for three hours."
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by lekki1444: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2021
heendrix:

Everything you've been saying has been thoughtless n you must sure be very good at Blabbing. folks like you got issues with accepting correction. I'm very sure at first you thought the baby was the Lecturers', well later you found out and inorder not to look/sound Stupid you're justifying ur Ignorance with gibberish
Brother, it is said that it is the black americans who will eventually bring america down to 3rd world status. there is a reason why idris said naija scatter scatter jagga jagga. and there is a reason why people like you want to japa out of naija everyday it s because of the non structured living of the black man. there are no boundaries, you can just do anything anywhere whenever you feel like it. and this is why it is hard to live n any black country imagine if every woman in harvard and oxford was allowed to bring their babies to lecture and lecturers were all carrying babies on their back will they still be the prestigious institutons that they are ? thats my point, you negros want civilization but dont understand what civilization means. there is a place and time for everything. structure and order has to be maintained. are you not tired of living in this scatta scatta jagga jagga hellhole created by people with your mindset and the mindset of the two women in the video ? yeah we understand its your baby but truthfully nobody gives a fork, at least i dont. take that shit to the appropriate place. if you cant find a babysitter stay at home with your baby. call a friend and tell her to record the lecture for you its 2021 not 1900 and there are phones that can record.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by tamunobello: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Africa mummy
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

"What you see in this picture is not happening in Africa! But in the United States - in the state of Georgia, and in an American university (Georgia Gwinnett).

The black woman you see is no ordinary person on the street. She is a Professor of Biological Sciences at this university. Her name is Ramata Sissoko. It should be added that she is from Mali in Africa ��.

This Professor hit the headlines in the United States by her humane gesture, relayed by thousands on Twitter.

That day, a student mother who could not find a babysitter for her baby and had to come to class with the child.

She took the baby from the student, carried it on her back in a typical African style and taught the lesson for three hours.

The child, very comfortable on her back, did not make a single noise during the three hours she gave the lesson. All the students could not believe.

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Cheapgadget(f): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2021
What dafuck is happening to NIgeria?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by harmony75: 10:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Mother cares ❤

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Brainardc(m): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2021
wow...... very thoughtful of her.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Charx122: 11:01am On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

This of women are rear to find...
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by robosky02(m): 11:12am On Mar 19, 2021
African women the greatest

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by descarado: 11:14am On Mar 19, 2021
Originalsly:

No doubt. What we need to really take from this is she is not ashamed of her
culture ... nor is a victim of inferiority complex. I just hope this inspires our African young women abroad who shun backing their babies but instead go for the "White" adaptation of hanging the babies in the front in baby carriers.
What is this one saying?
Women back babies cos it's the only choice.
When they have the choice on how to carry their babies, they will all go for pram.
Visit healthcare centres and check their stat.

I hope you know men can back babies in obodo oyibo too?

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Ehinjuola: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2021
[quote author=GeneralPula post=99985610]Nigeria teachers do this a lot.. With another person (Student) pikin?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Ehinjuola: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2021
EbukaHades10:
I don't just understand.

Can't it just say "the woman u see is no ordinary person"?
Or this woman is a real gem and also from Africa

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by NaijaEcash(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2021
What makes the story inspiring is that the baby belongs to her student, not her. She was helping the student and at the same time teaching that we can be humane if we make up our mind to do so. Check around you today, there is someone you can give a helping hand too! grin
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by zoghys: 11:30am On Mar 19, 2021
Xenry:
Using African Assets to solve problem in a well advanced Nation. Well, that's awesome.
But must they refer to her as Black? I mean, what's wrong with those people?

Is she not black?, what's wrong with that. Black is beauty, no doubt.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by rajiedreez: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2021
How comfortable would it had been if she was using all those "from baby carriers" backing babies is the most comfy for both mother and child
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by luluosas(m): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2021
Misleading headline. Kudos to the African spirit in her
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by smiliyB(f): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2021
haybhi1:

She's black like me. Hence, the way of description.

It's nature's doing, we can't allow inferiority complex to mar it. Since time immemorial, an Oyibo has been described as white, and us black. It doesn't make us anything negative, it's only accepting a hidden meaning for these that makes us so.

In a nutshell, there's nothing supposed to be wrong with being described as black when one is, except inferiority complex.
You just spoke my mind, thanks for this. There's nothing wrong saying she's a black woman, just like the way we describe white person.

1 Like

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by witworth(m): 11:48am On Mar 19, 2021
Indigenously ingeniously adorable.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Neobulletzz(m): 11:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

So why black
The more you people
Why is it always wrong or racist when a white man says that black man but not racist for a black guy to say that white man?
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by MikeBetty(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

So why black
The more you people
if you are not ashamed of your color, then embrace it. I am proudly black african. Leopard can not change its spot. If you can not be whiter than the white, then you are a black.
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Cousin9999: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
The baby looks like he's having the best nap ever.

Kid's gonna marry an African girl one day.

Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by King44(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
robosky02:
AFRICA MY AFRICA

what happened in my class last week....but some female lecturers I know would place a curse on both the mother n child
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by robosky02(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your topic says it's her baby while your write up says it's a student's baby. Hmmm

My dear imaima the write up is the Currey one. Ohhhhh
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
MikeBetty:
if you are not ashamed of your color, then embrace it. I am proudly black african. Leopard can not change its spot.

There is no such thing like black
I'm an African man
not a bleeping black man⚫
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Why is it always wrong or racist when a white man says that black man but not racist for a black guy to say that white man?

The color thing is as shitty as its overated⚫
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by baralatie(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

There is no such thing like black
 I'm an African man 
 not a bleeping black man⚫
meaning you are ashamed of your black skin colour
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
baralatie:
meaning you are ashamed of your black skin colour

it seems you don't want to understand
 Oga look for black paint rub it somewhere
 you can see
 Now look at your skin 
 compare and contrast.
 What relationship does that color have
 with your skin ⚫
Re: A Black Woman Lecturing With Her Baby Behind Her by baralatie(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
Valkan:

it seems you don't want to understand
Oga look for black paint rub it somewhere
you can see
Now look at your skin
compare and contrast.
What relationship does that color have
with your skin ⚫

how does it change that you are blackky abi you prefer to be called chocolate brown

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Toddler Takes 'Demonic' Doll Everywhere She Goes, Making Other Kids Cry (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.