Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary (12160 Views)

Three Die After Protesting Over Oyo Market Inferno / Ihedioha Inspects Imo Government House After Okorocha Left (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:18am On Mar 20, 2021
Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma has threatened to arrest any protesting teacher, worker or pensioner in the state, insisting that his government is owing no one.

He said those protesting against the directive of the government were not only ghost workers but rented protesters by enemies of the government to misinform the public.

The Governor who spoke through his Commissioner for Information, further accused the protesting teachers of constituting nuisance in the state and misinforming the public, warning those who engage in that, to desist or have themselves to blame.

Primary and secondary school teachers in the state on Thursday took to the streets of Owerri, the state capital, demanding for their 12 months unpaid salary arrears.

The protesters numbering over 300 stormed the government house, Owerri with their employment details and placards, painting the government in ”a bad light.”

Mrs. Grace Ajaelu, one of the protesting teachers who spoke to journalists, said she had spent 29 years in service, lamenting that she had not received salary since Governor Hope Uzodinma came on board.

“I was employed and started teaching in 1992, but since the tenure of Senator Hope Uzodinma, I have not received a dime. The last salary I got was in February, 2020.

“This is complete 12 months now, no salary. Why would the Governor tag us ‘ghost workers’ after 29 years of active service. This is the height of insensitivity and callousness.

“I’m getting ready for my retirement. I have no other source of livelihood as a widow. How will I take care of myself and family. Hunger is ravaging us in the house. This is the means from which I pay my family bills. Now the government has refused to pay me and called me a ghost worker. God, why?

“I appeal to the Governor to temper justice with mercy and pay us our one-year salary arrears. We are dying gradually.”

Another teacher from Mbaitoli LGA who gave her name as Juliet Akalazu, said that the Governor was suffocating them to death. She disclosed that she had spent eight years in active service.

Hear her, “since March last year, I have not received any kobo as salary. This government is wicked and insensitive,” she added.

Meanwhile, the government through its Commissioner for Information, Declan Emelumba, had described the protesting teachers as ghost workers mixed with hired crowd by enemies of the government to misinform the public.

Emelumba spoke to some journalists in response to the protest.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/19/imo-government-threatens-to-arrest-teachers-protesting-over-unpaid-12-month-salary/

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Simplyleo: 12:50am On Mar 20, 2021
I support Imo state govt on this.

Why are they disturbing the gov's peace?

Can't the workers find their ways to either Lagos or Abuja and start protesting in front of bourdillon or Aso Rock as the case may be?

Are they not aware it is Tinubu and Buhari that embezzled their salaries?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by OnMyBiz: 2:14am On Mar 20, 2021
That supreme Court man has been behaving tyrannical since he assumed power. A good example of what is not justly earn breeds pride and tyranny. Another example is Bello of Kogi.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Rootprof(m): 2:21am On Mar 20, 2021
Hmmmm

Abeg no be this same govo dey cry on live TV sometimes ago So all he was saying was mere talk.. So oga govo wan arrest him hungry people protesting peacefully with empty stomach and add to their suffering.. Nawa ooo

8 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Maxymilliano(m): 4:08am On Mar 20, 2021
Imo State has turned to Nigeria where there's no freedom of speech or rights to peaceful protest.

17 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by SmartPolician: 5:01am On Mar 20, 2021
How can real people be giving their real names out in protest and Hope says they are from political enemies?

Why do Nigerians lose their conscience when they assume political positions?

I don't know if curses are potent, but I curse the cabal who thwarted the people's wish to impose Hope Uzodinma on Imo State.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Drsnives(m): 5:45am On Mar 20, 2021
Kweeeeke oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by pickatyouu: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
What sort of tyranny is this.

Old woman with 29 years service to IMO state don turn ghost worker.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you

14 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Kosk: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021

Their parents are going to get arrested for protesting and claiming their rights, they won't say anything about that. But, they are always quick to masturbate and turn to a political analysts creating threads around when it's a matter that doesn't concern them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by krebdawise(m): 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Arrest your people..?
This is just too crazy...

I don't believe all this shit...
If truly a governor say something like this...
Then he's really out of his mind....

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Apart from the ghost workers among them, PAY THE GENUINE teachers NOW for their sweat or else.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Nicklaus619(m): 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
This supreme court governor is one of the dumbest governor in the history of Nigeria, haven't you heard that government is continuum,? Wether the workers and pensioners are been owed by your government or the past doesn't matter, as far as they worked for their money, abeg pay them, joor angry

When you got into the government house why didn't you return all the fund in the state treasury because it's not your administration that left the fund in the account. Idiot fat cheek mofo

angry

Just wait until those old innocent pensioners that used their youthfulness to work for the state swear for you, ANUOFIA angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Kingcalls: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
This is what u get when u make a former driver and fraudster governor....anyone APC supports is a disaster

10 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Prince081: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2021
Supreme Court things.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Ubykcee(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2021
But how do we explain to children nowadays that Democracy means government of the people, by the people and for the people? I think Naija should have her version of the definition to suit what we are practicing here shocked

16 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Cooldiipo(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2021
sad
Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by chibuike65: 5:49am On Mar 20, 2021
Nigeria my country where you can't fight for your right

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Smooyis(m): 5:50am On Mar 20, 2021
Pay them ASAP
Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by JoeEeL(m): 5:50am On Mar 20, 2021
God in heaven.

The kind of resounding revolution this dead sh*t hole requires should be enough to power a space jet.

Unknown gun men, we hear of your good works all the way down in South West.

May the Lord keep guiding you. Selah.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Rugaria: 5:50am On Mar 20, 2021
This is what Buhari and his brother Tanko did to Imo state..
This man didn't come first nor second in the gubernatorial elections. But federal might was used to foist him on Imo people. A renowned crook who has a running case with the EFCC is the person an "anti corruption" Buhari considered best for Imo state..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by 4tomandchi: 5:50am On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Duru9(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2021
He think say na rochas teachers

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Andyvilly: 6:05am On Mar 20, 2021
and they want teachers to be committed to their work in already failed educational system.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by canalily(m): 6:06am On Mar 20, 2021
Why won't you arrest them? Have you truly paid them and they are protesting?? Keep on starving workers in Imo state. Spirits are watching!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by mechanics(m): 6:08am On Mar 20, 2021
He should look into their complaint, rather than tag them ghost workers, that's unfair.
Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by manontree: 6:09am On Mar 20, 2021
Rugaria:
This is what Buhari and his brother Tanko did to Imo state..
This man didn't come first nor second in the gubernatorial elections. But federal might was used to foist him on Imo people. A renowned crook who has a running case with the EFCC is the person an "anti corruption" Buhari considered best for Imo state..

You are indeed well informed on the active EFCC investigation before he acquired his immunity through the supreme Court

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by fasho01(m): 6:10am On Mar 20, 2021
What a shame
Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by ArmaniUhuru: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2021
This man is not helping himself with all these tyranny. Come 2023 election, these same teachers will respond to him with their PVCs. This man is a tyrant.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Racoon(m): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2021
What tyrannical man have this mumu supreme court-installed governor become? Why are they increasing becoming intolerant to genuine civil protests or social unrest? First his thugs sacrilegiously flogged senior citizens demanding for their unpaid pensions.Now it is threatening to arrest teachers?

My wife cousin sister visited us sometime last and complained about same inability of the Imo state govt to pay them as teachers for the past 7 months as @ Oct 2020.Why not even show some empathy by inviting them over to a round table discussion to understand the root of this problem?

Once these opportunistic people find themselves in position of authority, they become emperors.They simply forget that power is transient.Hope Uzodinma should simply remember the ordeal of Rochas Okorocha @ pesent.Karma is a bitch.

8 Likes

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Fatfab(m): 6:19am On Mar 20, 2021
grin grin grin ;DProtesting is now a crime in dis country.
Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Threatens To Arrest Teachers Protesting Over Unpaid Salary by Fxwarrior: 6:21am On Mar 20, 2021
grin grin comedy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Incompetent, Failed To Curb Corruption - The Economist / Bandit Leader, Dan Karami, Orders Zamfara People To Stop Using Dauran Market / Edited: GOD, LIFE, TRUTH, LOGIC, LIE, DEATH, GAY, MAN, WOMAN, ANIMAL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.