Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde (22007 Views)

Makinde: No Governor Received ₦‎30 Billion, Akpabio just playing politics / Ex Lagos Governor Has 3 Jets - Bode George Reveals / Namadi Sambo: 'How El-Rufai Respects Me, No Governor Past Or Present Does That.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by happney65: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
adioolayi:
Earlier today on the street of Twitter, some elements were comparing the achievements of Governor Seyi Makinde's administration of about 22 months to that of 8 years of Governor Fashola grin grin grin

I mean, the Babatunde Raji Fashola administration that transformed Lagos State...one of Africa's biggest economic hub...grin grin.

People are very funny.

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/outlook/how-ajimobis-infrastructural-strides-reposition-oyo/

For the records, Governor Seyi Makinde is trying, and I wish him all the best...But, he will have to surpass Late Abiola Ajimobi's achievement before we can start talking about Fashola.

And he already surpassed Ajimobi's 8years in infrastructure and everything..Ajimobi that did just less than 50KM road in 8years..

Arrange nonesense
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by adioolayi(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
happney65:

And he already surpassed Ajimobi's 8years in infrastructure and everything..Ajimobi that did just less than 50KM road in 8years..

Arrange nonesense

Mention the projects he did in his almost two years now

Ensure you don't mention Ajimobi's project he is reawarding or trying to complete. grin grin

You can update your knowledge here

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/outlook/how-ajimobis-infrastructural-strides-reposition-oyo/
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by drLammy(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
The people's governor..
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by tamdun: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
adioolayi:

Ensure you don't mention Ajimobi's project he is reawarding or trying to complete. grin grin

The guy won't answer ur question, they are quick to defend seyi but when u ask for evidence, they'll just enter ghost mode

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by 5anadaplate: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Firefox01: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Oyo state indigene here and without doubt, "Audio Governor" IroSeyi IroMakinde will be roundly defeated at the 2023 polls. He's currently a drowning man clutching at Straws.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Odetokun3(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
slimanyd:

Shut up agbaya . go out there and do ur research about his enormous stride in Oyo state. Gullible people will be dictating for us real indigent citizens of Oyo state . We are on ground and we know the difference between this regime and the last one. Glaring distinct difference. U BMC crew can only twist the narrative only on nairaland to make seyi look bad but the real Oyo state citizen are perfectly okay.

Guess you are from Ibarapa or Oke-Ogun axis of Oyo state?
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by safariman(m): 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Oyo state is burning and Seyi is talking about successful handover of govt. to his successor. He is better as a relationship adviser on Instagram than governance.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by laurel03(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Omihanifa:
Is handing over an achievement undecided

The most important thing is to make an impact in the lives of the citizens through developmental projects just like the late ajimobi did.

How was he expecting Lam adesina to hand over to Rasheed ladoja when it was very clear that Lam adesina was rigged out of power by President Obasanjo.

Rasheed ladoja too refused to handover power to adebayo alao-akala because lamidi adedibu used his influence to impeach ladoja and automatically there was bad blood between ladoja and akala because akala wasn't loyal

Akala too was roundling defeated by abiola ajimobi in the 2011 elections and it painned him to no end so he boycotted the handing over ceremony.

As for ajimobi not handing over to seyi makinde it was simply because of the disgrace that seyi makinde gave the APC in the 2019 election in oyo state. If ajimobi had gone to that handing over ceremony he would have being booed and even stoned to death by the PDP boys
Ajimobi even organized dinner with Seyi but it was Babs Oduyoye Majerita that represents Seyi at the dinner were Ajimobi was advising Seyi on how to rule Oyo state with ironed hand especially in environmental laws.

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by laurel03(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
adioolayi:
Earlier today on the street of Twitter, some elements were comparing the achievements of Governor Seyi Makinde's administration of about 22 months to that of 8 years of Governor Fashola grin grin grin

I mean, the Babatunde Raji Fashola administration that transformed Lagos State...one of Africa's biggest economic hub...grin grin.

People are very funny.

For the records, Governor Seyi Makinde is trying, and I wish him all the best...But, he will have to surpass Late Abiola Ajimobi's achievement before we can start talking about Fashola.
Won ti ya were niyen. BRF to this Audio Gomina that environment of Ibadan is messed up again.. road side trading everywhere and Hausa beggers messing up the society. security zero and so on.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by pointstores(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nawa
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by samwash(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
Mr Seyi pls start to draft your handing over note, because I don't see you having a second term in office.
I wish you happy successful handing over to the next oyo state governor.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by happney65: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
adioolayi:

You see you people when I give you facts particularly here on nairaland,you run into your holes and hide. The facts are there which I have outlined below..The projects seyi is doing in 2years alone has surpassed Ajimobi's 8years project and that is a FACT. In 8years,Ajimobi was only able to construct below 50KM road with an overbloated bridge done at Mokola. The molete bridge sef constructed in the 70's is better off than the overbloated and overpriced done at Mokola. A bridge that does not allow heavy duty vehicles and by 5PM,lots of hold up's already gathering at mokola..so what is the essence of the bridge? It was just to embellze money and nothing else

Breakdown of major ongoing road projects and approved ones.

1. 65km moniya to iseyin road-- Ajimobi in 8years in the whole of oke-ogun was only able to construct a 6.5 KM Iseyin township road in the whole of Oke-ogun that has 10local governments.. seyi is constructing a 65KM road there with streetlights from Moniya to Iseyin straight. And the 45km Saki to Igboho road..You know how many KM alone that is?

2. 21km Airport Amuloko Ajia

3. 12km Apete to Akufo

4. 3km G stadium to Lautech first gate- This is already completed

5. 10km Saki township road

6. 5km Gedu - Oroki - Sabo /Ashipa

7. 7km akobo road

8. 45km Saki to Igboho

9. 12km Akala express to Apata--Abadoned for 8years during Ajimobi.If he had done it,It would have solved traffic buildup at Apata and as the Akala express road is the new ringroad..some of the people who's houses were demolished for the construction were given checks yesterday at the secretariat

Or the recent Fly over that was flagged off at Idi-Ape-Basorun-Akobo road, This was a project that was awarded by ajimobi to one of his fake companies since 2017,they never did a dime and collected 400million. since 2017,the bridge wasnt done before seyi cancelled the stupid project last year. Now,it will be completed in 6months and ready for use and for commissing..

That's 180kms of major roads in less than two years. These are roads awarded and currently being construsted since 2019,2020 with most to be completed this year. The roads to be done in this 2021 Budget is not yet there ooo..You wait and see

Or the current project at challenge which is the junction improvement network which cost about 2.5Billion naira to solve the traffic holdup at challenge.. You should go and see challenge now..Guess you wont know that the popular MRS Petrol station at challenge has been demolished and roundabouts demolished there too and massive construction is going on there or the Multibillion naira Bus terminals being at challenge, Iwo road and Ojoo built to fix transportation issues once and for all in those major areas.

What of the remodeling of the Adamsingba staduim into a world class staduim. Things like this and more will improve the IGR of Oyo state.. What about the remodeling of the Agbowo shopping complex..A money making complex left to rot opposite the University of Ibadan.It will be back and ready to be use two years time..Ajimobi signed a yeye memorandum of understanding of 8billion that did not see the light of the day and seyi was able to have it fixed and construction started in less than two years in his administration.

And the chairman of it all..The win of Lautech for Oyo state..something Mr constituted Authority could not do and lambasted them and called them names..You people should face FACTS and not hear say and propaganda..He isnt perfect like the rest of us,but he is doing well at least for now

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by phizzle017(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ehn in 2023 come and handover Twitter governor
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by witworth(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
This man is a set up.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by adioolayi(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
happney65:

You see you people when I give you facts particularly here on nairaland,you run into your holes and hide. The facts are there which I have outlined below..The projects seyi is doing in 2years alone has surpassed Ajimobi's 8years project and that is a FACT. In 8years,Ajimobi was only able to construct below 50KM road with an overbloated bridge done at Mokola. The molete bridge sef constructed in the 70's is better off than the overbloated and overpriced done at Mokola. A bridge that does not allow heavy duty vehicles and by 5PM,lots of hold up's already gathering at mokola..so what is the essence of the bridge? It was just to embellze money and nothing else

Continue to claim someone's achievements....We indigenes of Ibadan knows who did what....Asides the Flyover at General gas that was just awarded and the Stadium....All the roads you are talking about have been under construction since Ajimobi's tenure. We know the truth!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ajimobi-inaugurates-n2-23bn-oluyole-apata-road-bridge/%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/ajimobi-commissions-5-5km-oluyole-road/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/megaiconmagazine.com/ajimobi-links-rural-roads-commissions-5-76-km-ikereku-road/amp/

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by pfadom: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
What's the sense and relevance of such assertion at a religious organization leadership transition?
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Highshow05(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
ProfessorBerlin:
when there is no tangible projects to embark on, dey talk nonsense

Are you blind? What about Moniya-Iseyin road. Is that one intangible project .

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by happney65: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
adioolayi:

Continue to claim someone's achievements....We indigenes of Ibadan knows who did what....Asides the Flyover at General gas that was just awarded and the Stadium....All the roads you are talking about have been under construction since Ajimobi's tenure. We know the truth!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ajimobi-inaugurates-n2-23bn-oluyole-apata-road-bridge/%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/ajimobi-commissions-5-5km-oluyole-road/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/megaiconmagazine.com/ajimobi-links-rural-roads-commissions-5-76-km-ikereku-road/amp/

You see when I said when I come with facts, you all run into hiding.Your party is a party of total lies and propaganda and nothing more. It pains me that the PDP are not good with the media but this week,I think the PDP media boys woke up and started dishing you FACTS. and as you know with FACTS, propaganda will go hide and cover their faces in shame.. You gave me a link of projects I never even mentioned at all. I mean the ones you showed me at mobil to oluyole, how do they correspond with all what I said? Is that the Akala Express road that was left abandoned for 8years all because it was akala that made that area to develop that was why Ajimobi left it alone..The Man that said he wont do apete road all because they did not vote for him

1. Show me where Ajimobi started the Apete-Akuffo road

2. show me where Ajimobi started the 21km Airport Amuloko Ajia

3. show me where Ajimobi started the 3km G stadium to Lautech first gate or the Akala express 12KM road and others.. I have given you facts, but like your party ,the anti people party, you have all run into hiding and cant produce anything to tackle me. You know your party is jittery in Oyo state and there is nothing you can do about your coming defeat. You know the last time it was 28 to 5. This time around it will be 33-0

Eyin alainitiju.. Shior

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by kovic7(m): 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Gamer999:
He no concern me

God bless Sony interactive entertainment ;God bless the United States ;God bless Nigeria ;God bless Kogi state; God bless the good people of Okene
are you from Okene? am currently serving in Okene
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Krigbe: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
If he likes he should not handover but he should better the life of his people

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Kay25(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
FrLukas:
We can only hope that that won't be the only achievement of your administration when you're handing over, Mr Governor.
it can't be ..
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Kay25(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
happney65:

You see when I said when I come with facts, you all run into hiding.Your party is a party of total lies and propaganda and nothing more. It pains me that the PDP are not good with the media but this week,I think the PDP media boys woke up and started dishing you FACTS. and as you know with FACTS, propaganda will go hide and cover their faces in shame.. You gave me a link of projects I never even mentioned at all. I mean the ones you showed me at mobil to oluyole, how do they correspond with all what I said? Is that the Akala Express road that was left abandoned for 8years all because it was akala that made that area to develop that was why Ajimobi left it alone..The Man that said he wont do apete road all because they did not vote for him

1. Show me where Ajimobi started the Apete-Akuffo road

2. show me where Ajimobi started the 21km Airport Amuloko Ajia

3. show me where Ajimobi started the 3km G stadium to Lautech first gate or the Akala express 12KM road and others.. I have given you facts, but like your party ,the anti people party, you have all run into hiding and cant produce anything to tackle me. You know your party is jittery in Oyo state and there is nothing you can do about your coming defeat. You know the last time it was 28 to 5. This time around it will be 33-0

Eyin alainitiju.. Shior
wa gbayi eyan ire

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:24am On Mar 21, 2021
happney65:

1. 65km moniya to iseyin road-- Ajimobi in 8years in the whole of oke-ogun was only able to construct a 6.5 KM Iseyin township road in the whole of Oke-ogun that has 10local governments.. seyi is constructing a 65KM road there with streetlights from Moniya to Iseyin straight. And the 45km Saki to Igboho road..You know how many KM alone that is?

2. 21km Airport Amuloko Ajia

3. 12km Apete to Akufo

4. 3km G stadium to Lautech first gate- This is already completed

5. 10km Saki township road

6. 5km Gedu - Oroki - Sabo /Ashipa

7. 7km akobo road

8. 45km Saki to Igboho

9. 12km Akala express to Apata--Abadoned for 8years during Ajimobi.If he had done it,It would have solved traffic buildup at Apata and as the Akala express road is the new ringroad..some of the people who's houses were demolished for the construction were given checks yesterday at the secretariat

Or the recent Fly over that was flagged off at Idi-Ape-Basorun-Akobo road, This was a project that was awarded by ajimobi to one of his fake companies since 2017,they never did a dime and collected 400million. since 2017,the bridge wasnt done before seyi cancelled the stupid project last year. Now,it will be completed in 6months and ready for use and for commissing..

That's 180kms of major roads in less than two years. These are roads awarded and currently being construsted since 2019,2020 with most to be completed this year. The roads to be done in this 2021 Budget is not yet there ooo..You wait and see

Or the current project at challenge which is the junction improvement network which cost about 2.5Billion naira to solve the traffic holdup at challenge.. You should go and see challenge now..Guess you wont know that the popular MRS Petrol station at challenge has been demolished and roundabouts demolished there too and massive construction is going on there or the Multibillion naira Bus terminals being at challenge, Iwo road and Ojoo built to fix transportation issues once and for all in those major areas.

What of the remodeling of the Adamsingba staduim into a world class staduim. Things like this and more will improve the IGR of Oyo state.. What about the remodeling of the Agbowo shopping complex..A money making complex left to rot opposite the University of Ibadan.It will be back and ready to be use two years time..Ajimobi signed a yeye memorandum of understanding of 8billion that did not see the light of the day and seyi was able to have it fixed and construction started in less than two years in his administration.

And the chairman of it all..The win of Lautech for Oyo state..something Mr constituted Authority could not do and lambasted them and called them names..You people should face FACTS and not hear say and propaganda..He isnt perfect like the rest of us,but he is doing well at least for now

I can attest to this 100%. Most of these guyz speaking against Seyi Makinde are not even in Oyo State. Their comments is born out of what social media feeds them. Seyi might have not done up to what Ajimobi did in his 8 years in office, but he has surpassed Ajimobi's first 4 years achievements.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Gamer999: 6:50am On Mar 21, 2021
kovic7:

are you from Okene? am currently serving in Okene
yes, I am. How are you enjoying the place? wink
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 21, 2021
[s]
slimanyd:

Shut up agbaya . go out there and do ur research about his enormous stride in Oyo state. Gullible people will be dictating for us real indigent citizens of Oyo state . We are on ground and we know the difference between this regime and the last one. Glaring distinct difference. U BMC crew can only twist the narrative only on nairaland to make seyi look bad but the real Oyo state citizen are perfectly okay and satisfied. Real Oyo state citizens are thankful as dividend's of democracy is going through the nooks and cranny of the state. There's no longer baba sope or iya sope again in Oyo state.
[/s]

Àwọn tó bí ẹ l'ọ́mọ l'àgbàyà. Arìndìn ọmọ.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2021
Kay25:

it can't be ..

A governor that's willing to sacrifice the life of his people for his political ambitions can't be trusted.

I used to like Makinde, but he has really messed up the security of his state and the safety of his people.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by happney65: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

I can attest to this 100%. Most of these guyz speaking against Seyi Makinde are not even in Oyo State. Their comments is born out of what social media feeds them. Seyi might have not done up to what Ajimobi did in his 8 years in office, but he has surpassed Ajimobi's first 4 years achievements.

some of them even live in Ibadan like that adio I think while most are paid online media team,paid basically to paint seyi black.. Have you noticed,all seyi's post make the front page?If you want to make FP,just create a negative thread about seyi that might not even be necessarily true

And yes,seyi has done more than Ajimobi in 8 years..That is a fact..The facts I gave above can be attested to it by everybody because Facts are sacrosanct

1 Like

Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Kay25(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2021
FrLukas:

A governor that's willing to sacrifice the life of his people for his political ambitions can't be trusted.

I used to like Makinde, but he has really messed up the security of his state and the safety of his people.
It's not as u think..He is trying his best
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2021
Kay25:

It's not as u think..He is trying his best

Then I'm afraid his best is not good enough.

Have you been to those villages sacked by the bastard called Wakili the Fulani man?

If you have, you won't defend Makinde at all.

One man, carving out an empire for himself and raising an army in your state and you pretend you don't know anything about it?

That's not negligence at all. That's sheer stupidity.

Do you know the story of how Boko Haram started in the North?

I was in Plateau state doing my NYSC when they started in 2009.
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by kovic7(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2021
Gamer999:
yes, I am. How are you enjoying the place? wink
It is well o. are u in Okene currently?
Re: No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde by Gamer999: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
kovic7:

It is well o. are u in Okene currently?
no sir, I'm in school

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Dele Momodu With His Father / Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Obiano Set To Complete Another Bridge - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.