Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Wizkid Drops Out Of School - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Drops Out Of School (58786 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / Wizkid Drops Hint For Name CHANGE On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by LesbianBoy(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2011
School is over rated period!!!!! Ppl went to skool and came out with 5th class upper hehehe, Now tell me who wud employ that kinda person shebi him go skool na!!!!! This thread his show me now why most nigerians cant be chairman or employer almost everyone wants to be employee!!! Pls wat is the essence of going to skool is it not to so dat he can get good job and the meaning of a good job is a job that pay u well, now adays to get a good job with mouth watering pay, u must do masters!!!!! U guys shud just pray 4 him not to spend foolishly, i tell u all if he save the money he his getting and invest in difeerent 'biness'(as birdman wud say biness) am sure he wud not consider going to any rubbish skool!!!!
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by elrony(m): 12:43am On Apr 16, 2011
Bleep school 4 all i care!!!, itz one step at a time, the dude knows he cant cope wif both so he deferred his studies!!, i dont see anyfin wrong wid it,

assuming i am making millions in a day, i would tell school 2 kiss my ass, abi part-time no dey??
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by eleshin(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2011
i'm tired of readin dis statement dat 'd guy spent two years in d university',b4 leed university rumour,he was in 200level in LASU ,infact sociology department before he DROPPED OUT.rily dnt know much about d authenticity of his studentship in leed bt i'm 1million% sure dat he left LASU wen he cudnt cope with d rigour of academics cos he was barely known then.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 1:11am On Apr 16, 2011
BESTEST DECISION EVER!

Go ON Soun Wheezy

I love lil wayne.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 16, 2011
elrony:

bleep school 4 all i care!!!, itz one step at a time, the dude knows he cant cope wif both so he deferred his studies!!, i dont see anyfin wrong wid it,

assuming i am making millions in a day, i would tell school 2 kiss my backside, abi part-time no dey??

I agree completely. I'd be willing to barter all my education for a billion bucks if possible. Education (or in fact 'kpali' or paper qualification) IS sometimes over-rated. Where is uncle Gates's degree? Where is aburo Zuckerberg's degree? Or infact. . .coming back home, where is Cosmas Maduka's' degree? Where is Razak Okoya's degree? Where is Aliko Dangote's degree? If one has the acumen or luck or whatever to be a millionaire/billionaire without formal education, then FU.C.K education. Forget my education, I know how the real world works. If you aint got money, NOBODY respects your education.

@ Topic,

I see a lot of hating here on the boy. He is talented. . .his album is great. I always get up from my seat in da club/joint to dance to Don't Dull and Tease me: Hot hot hot songs. The boy is good. Don't beef for no reason.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Azedplus(m): 1:51am On Apr 16, 2011
education is a master key that can unlock any strata.the likes of alinko etc at some point will still wish to turn back the hands of time reason why they buy honourary degrees.but if e no be panadol e no fit work like panadol.at this drastically changing time u need edu. to be abreast of situation and remember ssce is no edu.he cld ve switched to read music rather than dropout or defer.there is never a career without edu.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by tosinaded(m): 1:56am On Apr 16, 2011
Naija people funny. .see as dem dey vex, u go think say na so dem like wizkid reach!
Hypocrites. . . . . . .
Did genevieve go to university?
Did wande coal finish university?
Did 9ice even smell university?
Did dagrin go to university?

One idiot said he wnt be able to speak good english. . . .such a slowpoke! Where do u learn the basics of education? Is it not primary and secondary sch. . .
Who teaches u how to speak in english at the university? Who?

Dude is educated. . .he has realised his path, which is music. . Moreso he's in the spotlight now!
If university will disturb him, dat can wait. . .
Guy is a musician,dats his proffesion. .
His degree should be a hit album with sales and awards!

U really expect him to use 2years to finish, then come back to music? The music spotlight waits 4 no one! When its ur turn,if u dnt take it. . . U've lost it. University can wait.

Sum say dude has no talent, yet he puts out hit upon hit singles, and is rocking shows. What else does an artiste need?
U think its until u sing philosophical songs that u av talent?
Dude puts out club bangers that rocks the airwave, and u say he has no talent. . .

U'all make it sound like once u get a University degree, u re guaranteed a job anytime u re ready to use the degree!

How many of u guys here uses his/her degree to work?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Brisingr(m): 2:06am On Apr 16, 2011
am not sayin if u don't go to skool u won't make but if u do d odds are dat u will probably have sumtin to feed yursef wit u might hate yur job but it pays d bills for evry dangote,geneive ,2face,billgates and mark we have a hundred agberos and washed out stars to more dan tip d scale in favour of education.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by doublekay: 5:23am On Apr 16, 2011
there is no bigger skuul than life itself, so as long as there is life we keep learning. Left for me the young man should pursue his dream afterall he hv gotten basic education
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Pain(m): 7:08am On Apr 16, 2011
Stop All These Rantings. One Thing is Certain, This Guy Is Already More Famous Than Most Of Y'All On This Thread Will Ever Be In This Life Time.

The Idea About Dropping Out May Not Be The Best Of Actions in A "Value System" That Says The Visit to A Walled Up Citadel Is The Key To Success. But Hey, Look Around You, How Successful is The Empty Bunch Our "Citadels of Misleading" Churn Out Annually?

My Interface With Several Guys & Gals At The Gulags We Call NYSC Concentration Camps Some Years Back Pointed to the Contrary!

Education is All About Exposure And The Ability to Reason Critically and Express Yourself Coherently. How Coherent Are Some of The Lame Posts on This Thread?

For Those of U Incoherent Products of A Confused & Flawed Education (I Have Not Named Any Except U Feel U Are) System Who Cant Take The Heat From This Young Talented "Already More Famous Than U" Guy, Grab A Cup of Your Usual Colorless 9Ja Tea and Listen to this Track To Ease Thy Pain of 5 Wasted Years in A Nigerian Institution of "Higher Leaning"

I Say "Leaning" Not "Learning" Because The Products Are So Dumb They Cant Stand On Their Own. They Must "Lean" on Some So Called "Unschooled"
Entrepreneur!!

Track Here: http://www.naijapals.com/music/Tease_me_Whizkid-9403
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by vladimiros: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2011
to those hating

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard to follow his dreams

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard too
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by medjai(m): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2011
Dude has been getting alot of negative media attention lately:
First it was that he stole "holla at your boy", then, it was rumoured that he was arrested for trying to smuggle drugs into the UK, and now this.
There's nothing wrong with dropping out of school, it will give him more time to concentrate on his music.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by CrudeOil2(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2011
Alot of the zombies criticising the boy are not even educated.
Okay, what if he gets a degree in IR, would you get him a job in a country with a very high unemployment rate?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Basics007: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2011
People keep mentioning Dangote's name here,i dont know but was it stated anywhere Dangote never had tertiary education? And i dont think Dangote should be an example in this case cos as we all know he had advantages his mates in business never had.
Even the Zuckerberg and Gate example dont apply here cos we all know that is a different society in which u are allowed to express urself without anyone discriminating against the cert u possess. I remember when Abalaka came out with his AIDS curing drugs (fake or not dunno)some yrs ago,the general ques was "what's his qualification?"
The odds favoring education in a certificate driven society like Naija is that if all else fails,u can always fall back on ur certificate. This music thing is so transient one never knows what may happen tomorrow. Too many examples of washed out stars abound out there for him to learn from.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2011
a drop-out, but educationists, undergraduates, postgraduates, and even lecturers won't stop dancing to his tune. You can imagine a guy with so many fans on facebook, about 180,000 .
Come to think of it, even the known ''african rapper no1'' M.I dropped out of school abroad and today he has about 300,000 fans (on facebook only), I think that is 10 times the number of students your V.C can accommodate. . .
If wizkid should listen to your convictions and then he decides to leave his career for the sake of a laminated A4 paper, will you employ and pay him after his graduation? If your answer is NO, then shut the fu*k up!
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by idoya: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2011
if is good for me,let him go ahead.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by igboboy1(m): 8:41am On Apr 16, 2011
Ah ah i taught yorruba like school nau? upon not awolowo's alleged gift of education to the west yet they are distancing themselves from school, Good job whizkid cos no be for school money dey especially for Naija, See d'banj the guy dey make ego pass engineer for naija so pursue your dream cos life anagaga
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by aieromon(m): 8:59am On Apr 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

No mind am because he sang ''holla at your boy '',he thinks he's a super star. . .lets see what happens next.

He actually stole that song from Youtube.I'll get the details for you.It was then i knew the guy was full of C.rap
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2011
Acidosis:

a drop-out, but educationists, undergraduates, postgraduates, and even lecturers won't stop dancing to his tune. You can imagine a guy with so many fans on facebook, about 180,000 .
Come to think of it, even the known ''african rapper no1'' M.I dropped out of school abroad and today he has about 300,000 fans (on facebook only), I think that is 10 times the number of students your V.C can accommodate. . .
If wizkid should listen to your convictions and then he decides to leave his career for the sake of a laminated A4 paper, will you employ and pay him after his graduation? If your answer is NO, then shut the fu*k up!

LOL.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Phony200(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2011
Oga please drop out. You don't need a degree to form big boy/kid. Naeto C is jobless that's why he has time for a MSC.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Bawss1(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2011
vladimiros:

to those hating

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard to follow his dreams

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard too

Check again, Bill Gates actually returned to Harvard to get his degree.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Donmichaelz(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2011
No wonder 4 hala @ ur boy video e dey play 4 class, d truth is dat he was not d briliant type and mayb e even failed, OLODO RABATA OJU EJA LON MON JE
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by marcus1234: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by abioila(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2011
see him money 2 large,no need for skul again.i pity him.can he even sing sef?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
na wa o
dis small wizkid wey I bin dey see for skul
dey cause dis kind controversy?
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by BluMalam(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ Bluetooth & Team

Wizkid has talent. Wizkid is smart.

What's the point of jugglin school & music and graduating with a degree that's at best, mediocre?

Doesn't it make more sense to defer your schooling till when the ovation starts to fade, and concentrate on what brings home the bacon?

You guyz have stated that LeadCity is not a reputable Uni, isn't it better for him to make more money and be able to afford to study a more suitable course @ an ivy league school after the novelty fades?

To tell the truth, you guyz are just mad that this guy is challenging your set-in-stone notion that you can't party in your youth, have fun and still be succesful in life and career i.e best of both worlds.

Wizkid is living your dreams, and if you're not sure if you are just a hater, examine my signature

★
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Dreamchaser1(f): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2011
He doesn't need the degree. We place too much emphasis on paper. I love his music and swagg. Badt guy! Wish him the best.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by skelemba: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
Follow @mypages10 on twitter for your news update and hottest entertainment gist.
www.twitter.com/mypages10
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by essojay(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
Whiz kid sabi all dem badt guyz so he shld jst leave school and follow dem badt guyz, grin
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by freshkeed: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
Well, I hope it's not Banky that is advising him sha. Banky is an engineer, and Naeto C is as well. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not asking the boy to do follow follow and study engineering, I just hope this is his own decision and that he is not being "advised" to leave school by people who already have their own degrees.

And for people who might want to start with the whole "School doesn't make you billions" spiel, I don't wanna hear it, you can make reference to Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg dropping out all you want but guess what, those guys dropped out because they were ALREADY very well prepared. They have done, on their own, what school promised to do for them, and therefore school was more or less a waste of their valuabe time.

And even if you want to bring it back to Tubaba, of whom I have always been a great fan, Tuface was very very talented, se you get. So talented that he could drop out before he even started making any serious money (think Bill Gates et al)

So anyway sha, in the end, it's the boy's decision to make, lol
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by freshkeed: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
And just to add to what I said already, if it wasn't clear, IT IS NOT ABOUT SCHOOL, it's about EDUCATION. Some get educated only at school, others get educated elsewhere. kapish
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
freshkeed:

And just to add to what I said already, if it wasn't clear, IT IS NOT ABOUT SCHOOL, it's about EDUCATION. Some get educated only at school, others get educated elsewhere. kapish
Unfortunately,the only place you can get a FORMAL education is through school.
Crude Oil:

Alot of the zombies criticising the boy are not even educated.
Okay, what if he gets a degree in IR, would you get him a job in a country with a very high unemployment rate?

I don't have to be a hypocrite to get my opinion across.you feel me ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Gives Up On Gym Work After Months Of Dedication / Charles Okocha Shows How Nigerian Airport Workers Beg (Photos) / Tiwa Savage: I Once Abstained From Sex For Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.