Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,461 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. (1564 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Utomi: Jonathan Spends N100m Of Taxpayer Money Daily On Election Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2011
With some 24 hours to saturday's crucial presidential elections in Nigeria,president Goodluck Jonathan is deploying state resources far and wide in an unprecedented effort to buy every inch of support.A Central Bank of Nigeria official told Saharareporters today that in the extraordinary spending spree,the Goodluch Jonathan team had mopped up some 107 billion naira from the Nigerian economy

Much of the monies is going to Northern parts of Nigeria where the campaign has handed over 2 billion Naira to each state governor and PDP officials to capture the North for Jonathan.

A CNN report today validates what Saharareporters has repeatedly revealed about Jonathan's lacklustre campaigns in terms of the sparse audiences in his rallies despite the millions of Naira consistently spent to bus supporters from state to state.Sometimes,the same supporters are moved to other stops.

In the battle for Nigeria's presidency,CNN's Christian Purefoy reported from Sokoto state,"widely regarded as the base of Northern power and the region with the highest number of registered voters".Showing a scanty crowd during a widely advertised campaign visit of Goodluck,the report focuses on Jonathan's near absent support.

"Pressed up against the fence here,it looks like a lot of people have turned out for  President Goodluck's visit,but if you come forward to the space where he will be speaking,it is pretty much empty". See this link for the full report. www.saharareporters.com/news-page/must-win-election-jonathan-spends-n107-billion-two-days-meets-jega-private
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2011
This is the part where Nigerians start weeping, Interesting Prayer from the above link though, I ll just post it below: IF you do not have anything to be afraid of then there's no need to be afraid except for the lady caught in the Video,

"
A Prayer for all Riggers

May you all die violent and miserable deaths.
May the consequences of your actions destroy the lives of your children, your children's childrens to your 10th genration.
May you never see or taste peace.

"
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by werepeLeri: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2011
empty reporting. what has sokoto crowd report by CNN got to do with the claim that GEJ is spening 107Billion in two days?

You are a complete fool if you beleive this story as usual.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 10:27am On Apr 15, 2011
And you know its false because, ?
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2011
This has a precedent.GEJ should just serve out his "lucky term" and leave.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2011
There has been so many Question that has been asked Jonathan and to no surprise he has no answer for any one, but they are prepared to By votes for Billions
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2011
the guy talks in billions.The independence day celebrations and the foreign reserves readily comes to mind.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
Gbenge 77:

the guy talks in billions.The independence day celebrations and the foreign reserves readily comes to mind.
The list is endless. The painful part is the failure of cpc,anpp and acn to come against the pdp in one accord.
I am voting cpc but I know there is no way he can win
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

The list is endless. The painful part is the failure of cpc,anpp and acn to come against the pdp in one accord.
I am voting cpc but I know there is no way he can win
You would be doing the right thing by voting for the CPC even if they dont win.But those who choose to vote for the PDP would be contributing to the retrogression of Nigeria .They have no moral right to complain if things get worse.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by switch47(m): 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will vote goodluck for president. I do not believe all the political propaganda and lies. I will vote for Goodluck! And nothing can change that!"
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2011
Gbenge 77:

You would be doing the right thing by voting for the CPC even if they dont win.But those who choose to vote for the PDP would be contributing to the retrogression of Nigeria .They have no moral right to complain if things get worse.
Very correct
switch47:

I will vote goodluck for president. I do not believe all the political propaganda and lies. I will vote for Goodluck! And nothing can change that!"
Has anyone forced you to do otherwise?
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by switch47(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
Do not believe last minute propaganda vote wisely! VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT!!
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
The Question is why is all the Allegations of Rigging only being pitched against the PDP camp, Does this not question the fabric of the Said PDP party? Some things are clear and cannot be changed.

1. PDP is not a party for the benefit of ordinary Nigerians.

2. PDP does not have the love of Nigerians or Nigeria at Heart except for what they can Put in their Pocket.

3. PDP is a party that lacks Societal Morals and is not afraid to continue to do so.

4. PDP is the party that boast the Highest Numbers of Criminals parading as politicians.

5. PDP is that party that has no Shame whatsoever, the type of party that will Welcome a convicted criminal amidst fun-fair and celebration.

6. PDP is the party where Corruption is Business as Usual and the more you can steal the more highly you are respected.

7. PDP is the party that is ready to throw Billions of Naira around ensuring another 4 years of plundering the Resources of Nigeria.

PDP is bad news for Nigeria, and a Cancer in the Heart Nigeria/Nigerians.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by onyengbu: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
PDP might also be anti Christ for u guys but guess what.

Over 40 million nigerians are voting its candidate 2moro.
If u dont like it, find a wet transformer and do what got to do.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

You meant "Ghost" Voters, yeah also PDP is the party that only Ghosts vote for, like our rigging Video.!
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2011
dejavus:

You meant "Ghost" Voters, yeah also PDP is the party that only Ghosts vote for, like our rigging Video.!
In Delta state, fish came out of the water to vote for PDP, 50,000 for that matter undecided embarassed
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by dejavus: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

In Delta state, fish came out of the water to vote for PDP, 50,000 for that matter undecided embarassed

That's normal isn't it? the fish are members of the constituency, aren't they?
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by switch47(m): 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
Vote for Goodluck!!
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
dejavus:

That's normal isn't it? the fish are members of the constituency, aren't they?
Lol
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
We shall have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by davd: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
The truth of the matter is that PDP leaders have done the deal with eight states in the North. The States to be rigged are Kebbi, Sokoto, Jigawa, Adamawa, Taraba, Borno, Benue and Kogi State. All the States In South East and South South(exception of Edo) should produce above 80% winning, while South West States(exception of Ondo) was not considered in the deal since the alliance between CPC and ACN did not work.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
davd:

The truth of the matter is that PDP leaders have done the deal with eight states in the North. The States to be rigged are Kebbi, Sokoto, Jigawa, Adamawa, Taraba, Borno, Benue and Kogi State. All the States In South East and South South(exception of Edo) should produce above 80% winning, while South West States(exception of Ondo) was not considered in the deal since the alliance between CPC and ACN did not work.
Of course the PDP stands no chance of winning a free and fair election.And,to avoid humiliation at the polls,they resort to desperate measures.ONE MAN ONE VOTE INDEED.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Rossikk(m): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
All these baseless reports merely signify desperation on the part of the opposition in the face of the resounding defeat they're about to receive at the presidential polls.  undecided
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Apr 16, 2011
@Poster, I am more interested in learning of the source of all that campaign buck. Where are the billions coming from?
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 6:53am On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I am more interested in learning of the source of all that campaign buck. Where are the billions coming from?
Of course the excess crude account comes in handy.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by stiyke(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2011
If PDP or GEJ can buy the votes with the billions, pls why did he bother campaigning?? He visited virtually every state. None of the other aspirants came to my state. Men here GEJ is getting 95% of the votes, no rigging.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Remii(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2011
stiyke:

If PDP or GEJ can buy the votes with the billions, pls why did he bother campaigning?? He visited virtually every state. None of the other aspirants came to my state. Men here GEJ is getting 95% of the votes, no rigging.

that is what they call leave no stone unturned, covering all angles,
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by Gbenge77(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2011
stiyke:

You mean those owambe rallies were a campaign?he did visit most parts of the country,but what was the main crux of his campaign?They were very uninspiring,mildly put.Just the usual shouts of "PDP ,power" and pontifications on the political platform .Why did he keep busing people from one venue to the other if he was that popular?Why did he keep renting the crowd? We ve been here before and its a shame some people will still vote for him despite his antecedents.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by 1025: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2011

@ONYE NGBU,
nigeria is doomed. unfortunately ppl like u are very very comfortable with our situation in that country. it is a very big shame that countries embrace changes even in their greatness but nigeria and nigerians have refused to embrace change talkless of changes. in america, we see power changing hands between the two parties. in egypt and libya, we see what look like well organised countries with good roads, security, pipe borne water, good medical facilities, quality education and all the good things of life yet the citizens understand the simple fact that the funds belong to everybody and not just obasanjo and bode george.
what can we show the whole world for our crude oil and other abundant mineral resources? how can a normal person be comfortable sleeping under noisy generators and insecured environments? how can our God's given resources be shared among very few persons? what makes a nigerian man proud and in what aspect of ur life can u compare urself with even the poorest of a country?
my brother, i am from imo state but i feel shame to be called a nigerian and i feel shame to have ppl like u commend pdp and boost for them to win.
in the next 24 hrs, pdp will in their usual manners declare themselves winners and we will continue in our sufferings and satan will be rejoicing over us because i know God of heaven will never let us remain slaves in our own country.
i was reading Acts 12:21-23 this morning and i saw how herold became too influential as we have the pdp of nigeria. in that same place, the ppl began to see him as a god instead of a human being. what happened? he was strucked by an angel of God and he immdiately died and was eaten up by worm. how many of our sitting presidents have died? how many more will die? the sufferings of nigerians can only be compared to none. God of heaven will surely heed to the cries of the poor masses and those who see themselves as god will die and will be eaten up by worms. we will not end up in this way.
only under this pdp, a senator earns N15.9m monthly while Jonathan refused to sign or approve just N18,000 minimum wage for fellow nigerians. i sincerely weep for this country and God will surely show himself because the annointed among us have been touched and our prophets have been harmed.
the anger of God is not far from these so-called rulers.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by infohenry(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2011
Gbenge 77:

You mean those owambe rallies were a campaign?he did visit most parts of the country,but what was the main crux of his campaign?They were very uninspiring,mildly put.Just the usual shouts of "PDP ,power" and pontifications on the political platform .Why did he keep busing people from one venue to the other if he was that popular?Why did he keep renting the crowd? We ve been here before and its a shame some people will still vote for him despite his antecedents.
Hatred is very bad because it affects our sense judgement and see no good in those we hate. Jonathan visited all state of the federation asking for their votes., to you is owambe rallies why those who decided to sit in their region moving around promoting ethnicity and religious sentiment as the only reason we should vote for them are the ones who should vote. Talking about antecedents what are you talking about, jonathan has done nothing compared with buhari, between the two jonathan is a saint. What crime is as heinous as dethroning a democratically elected government. That single action of buhari in 1983 brought nigeria to this sorry state today and now he is the moses that will lead us out of egypt but the moses that accomplished that feat was not the person that sent the isrealites to egypt. So buhari will never win election in nigeria no matter how blind he feels nigerian are.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by goggs(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2011
i dont intend to vote jonathan, but the way some pple against goodluck are carrying cock and bull stories is amazing! This sahara reporters people stories are more like beer palour gossips. No hard evidence, name dropping, speculation, and sweeping statements with little specifics. Me i tire oh.
Re: Must-Win Election:Jonathan Spends 107 billion Naira In Two Days,Meets Jega In Private. by ymozay: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2011
I will agree with this because where i stay people having been trooping to a serving Minister's house to collect six thousand naira each.Its a fact i was not told, i saw this,they spend almost 3days sharing Money.I can't Vote PDP, my vote goes for A PEN across a FLAG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Must Read , And Control Yourself While You Laugh . / Female Billionaire, Mrs Alakija Loses Her Position To A Younger / Nigerian Whiz Kids Set To Dazzle The World In Maths Competition In July -NMC Bos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.