Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love (2270 Views)

OMG: Tribes Group Sacrificed Girl And 21 Men Cex With Her And Dancing For Gods…. / Ronaldo Honoured His Childhood Clubmate Who 'sacrificed Is Carrier For Him / Marrying For Love Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by pappykay1(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2011
Detectives at the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Lagos, are quizzing a 23-year-old law student of the University of Lagos, Fisayo Tifase, over the death of his girlfriend, Peace Asukwo, 17, whose corpse was found hanging from a ceiling fan in his one-room apartment at 10, Kalejaiye Street at Shasha in Lagos on November 4.

The suspect and the victim were involved in a love affair, but things came to a head on that fateful day when they reportedly had an argument. “After telling her that I am no longer interested in the relationship, I left her in the room and she locked herself up,” said Mr Tifase. “I did not know that she can kill herself the way she did by hanging herself in my room. This is a suicide case and people should not think that I killed my girl friend. I love that girl to a point of no return and I can never do anything to hurt her. She killed herself, she sacrificed herself for our love, and this is what I will live with.”

Relationship gone sour

“Before this incident happened, I had been hearing rumours that she was not faithful to me but since I did not have any proof, I decided to let it pass,” he said. “But a day before this thing happened, I called her and she told me that she was at Ikeja to collect N20,000 from a man; that her sister sent her there when it was like 9pm. I called her again and she said she will be spending the night there. So I told her that her sister was using her to get money from men; she denied it and I was angry. The next day, when she came to my room, I tried to avoid her but she would not leave my room. Later that evening, I went into the room and told her that I cannot continue with the relationship anymore; that I do not trust her. She begged and begged, but my mind was made up and she saw that I meant what I said. I asked her to leave but she refused, so I left her in the room. She locked herself from the inside and when I came back to check on her, she refused to open the door. I continued to knock but she did not answer. When it was getting dark, I had to do something so that was how we forced the door open and we saw her body hanging from the ceiling. It was a shock to me and I did not believe my eyes. I just kept shouting. ‘Peace why, why, why’ and that was how people came and the police arrested me.”

Confident in autopsy

Mr Tifase is hinging his hopes on an autopsy, which he believes will convince the police that he did not kill his girlfriend. “I am very angry and sad about Peace’s death and I have never stopped mourning her,” he said.

“I love her and it affected me so badly that my CGPA fell from 4.3 to 4.0 last session. The message she has passed across to me is that she will rather die than lose my love. She paid the ultimate price for our love and I am willing to face any consequence, but God knows that I am innocent. If the police can allow me to swear to any oracle, I can swear to it because I did not hang her. I am learning the hard way. I am supposed to be in school studying and now I am in this mess. Young people should hold on to God and take their studies seriously after that they can look for mature people to share their lives with. For me, if God helps me out of this case, I do not know yet what to do about women. I am psychologically down and it seems I will lose my mind because of the way my girlfriend died. I am now closer to God and I know He will vindicate me”
http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/girl-sacrificed-herself-love

Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Dyt(f): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2011
Sighs
sighs again
sighs again n again
wetin love n stupidity no go cause na
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Goldieluks: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2011
Jezzzzz,she was beautiful,wasted life embarassed embarassed
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by MrCork17: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Goldieluks (f). sweeery will u sackrifice your not too fine sef for me?
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Goldieluks: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Goldieluks (f). sweeery will u sackrifice your not too fine sef for me?

Ok,noted bozo.
back to topic.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by MrCork17: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2011
Goldieluks (f). Sweeery. u love me? dont lie! wink
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by 8182yep: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2011
wow! ds story is quiet touchy. i really pray God help u out of ds. damn sad
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by MMM2(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2011
R I P
DAT BOY SHOULD ALSO BE CHARGED 4 CHILD ABUSE 17 YRS.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Kx: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
If the autopsy establishes that it was suicide, can the guy go free in view of the fact that the supposed girlfriend was a minor(17yrs old)??--------------------------------------------------------Legal experts pls
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by 190: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
why after killing their GF's they always talk bout school

and CGPA!!

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by LordReed(m): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
Damn!!!! Very sad tale.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Another Victim of Love, i think we should boycott love.but how do we do that
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Nekai(f): 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
190:

why after killing their GF's they always talk bout school

and CGPA!!

Bunch of hypocrites

Agreed!

He expects us to believe that he "loved her to the point of no return," but yet he talks about the her like a dog? He talks of "rumors of unfaithfulness," suggesting that other people thought she was up to no good, when he could have just said that he thought so. Why paint this picture of the deceased?

He expects us to also believe that she didn't care about him enough to openly cheat on him over mere money, but she would she cared about him enough to kill herself over him?

Better senario: She came to his place, he accused her of cheating, and strangled her to death in a jealous rage. CGPA drop from 4.3 to 4.0 indeed! Ha!!!!
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Nekai(f): 12:08am On Apr 16, 2011
Tension rises over death of 17-year-old
Patience Ogbo

Residents of 10 Kalejaiye Street, in the Shasha area of Lagos, have been living in fear of being attacked by angry youth following the death of a 17-year-old girl found hanging from a ceiling in her boyfriend's room. The incident happened at about 8.45pm on November 4.

Peace Asukwo, 17, who had reportedly gone to visit her boyfriend, Fisayo Tifase, 21, a 300-level law student at the University of Lagos, was found stark unclothed and hanging from a ceiling fan in her boyfriend's one-room apartment. Ms Asukwo's gruesome death has sparked angry outbursts from some youth in the area as residents and her family members allege that she was murdered by her boyfriend, who they claimed had manhandled her in the past.

When NEXT visited the area, the street was calm, but residents of the building, which is owned by the suspect's father, said they were living in fear of a possible reprisal attack by the angry youth, who claim that the suspect, and his father, connived to kill Ms Asukwo.

A relationship of violence

One of the residents, who spoke on condition of anonymity, urged the police to carry out a thorough investigation into the matter. "I am a neighbour in this compound where this ugly incident happened," he said. "Early that day, I saw Peace; she came to the house to see her boyfriend as usual and there was no sign that this type of thing will happen. Later that evening, I also went out to buy provision (groceries) for my family and I saw this boy outside with his friend; this was around 8.30pm.

"Thirty minutes later, I heard people shouting and trooping to the house that the landlord, who is the father of the boyfriend, and his son has killed Peace. We have to break down the door to the boy's room when the police came and that was how we saw Peace's body hanging from the ceiling. It was a terrible sight. But what I know is that Peace and her boyfriend are always quarrelling and fighting. The boy told her that he is no longer interested and he locks her up in the room and brings other girls in her presence so it has been one fight or the other between them before this incident happened."

Endurance Asukwo, the younger brother of the deceased, said his sister was murdered. "My sister is a very peaceful person," he said. "She is an orphan and was planning to enter Unilag to read Microbiology. She has been dating this guy for close to two years. It is a lie that she hung herself because when she left the house to see her boyfriend, she was very happy. That boy has been beating her and our aunty and other family members have warned her to stay away from him. We even told him that if anything happens to Peace, he will be held responsible; now look at what he has done. He has killed her."

Living in fear

Faith Tifase, the sister of the suspect, expressed fear that their house could be attacked anytime, and pleaded with the police to stop residents of the street from invading their house. "People have been coming to our house, [saying] that they will burn the house down; that my brother killed Peace," she said. "They even said my father knows about it. That day this thing happened, they wanted to burn our house down but the police stopped them. But they have been coming and we do not know what to do."

In his statement, Frank Mba, the Lagos Police Command spokesperson, said the police is investigating the case. "The girl, an orphan, alleged to have hanged herself over love or relational dispute," he said. "Preliminary investigation is being carried out at the Shasha Police Station, preparatory to be transferred to the Homicide Section State, CID. Detectives who visited the scene met the dangling body stark unclothed from the ceiling fan with a socket wire. The boyfriend is being detained, and the body of the victim has been deposited at a public mortuary for autopsy. The police are investigating the case and it will be wrong for anybody to take the laws into their hands."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5639853-146/story.csp
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by NDelta(m): 12:30am On Apr 16, 2011
Oh my GOD what a brilliant boy CGPA of 4.3 in a government university. aaaah he's definitely telling the truth. These teenagers can be too emotional. In my final year I befriended a fresher she must have been 17/18. She was always tailing me all over the school.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Nekai(f): 12:34am On Apr 16, 2011
He started dating her when he was 21 and she was 15.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by Blazay(m): 4:46am On Apr 16, 2011
She killed herself, she sacrificed herself for our love, and this is what I will live with.”

Our love ko! grin

While shinning other congos!

Why you nor die like "Romeo and Juliet"? cheesy

Awobi!
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by chamber2(m): 5:10am On Apr 16, 2011
“Before this incident happened, I had been hearing rumours that she was not faithful to me but since I did not have any proof, I decided to let it pass,” he said. “But a day before this thing happened, I called her and she told me that she was at Ikeja to collect N20,000 from a man; that her sister sent her there when it was like 9pm. I called her again and she said she will be spending the night there. So I told her that her sister was using her to get money from men; she denied it and I was angry

She may have died out of frustration not love.The police also needs to question the sister to know if the boy's claim is true.The sister may actually be using her as alleged by the bf and she became frustrated of the whole thing.
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by BABE3: 7:01am On Apr 16, 2011
Wow! Wow! WoW! She killed herself coz of a guy. undecided embarassed cry angry sad
Like 9ice said already " Things we do for love."

Well, this girl is already deceased, so we can't even advice her.

@ Everybody, pls don't kill yourselves coz of love o, it's pointless. Very pointless. You're probably gonna end up in hell, well, most likely  undecided

May her soul Rest in Peace!
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by fstranger5: 7:13am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^

So you cant die for Avocado's sake? Hmmm, love indeed
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by BABE3: 7:24am On Apr 16, 2011
^^ haha! Fstranger! Advo and I are not even in love so, I can't possibly die for him. smiley
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by fstranger5: 7:29am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^

What happened?

I thought you two were in love? Did you two break up or was it all for jokes?

Who is the new guy? 190?
Re: Girl Sacrificed Herself For Love by BABE3: 7:38am On Apr 16, 2011
^^ ok, He likes me. That's just it. No love yet. We are still together though. cool

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Blocked My Nairaland Account / How To Meet And Date A Millionaire. / Why Do Women Call Their Partners 'baby'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.