Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Marrying For Love Is Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying For Love Is Wrong (7282 Views)

Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying For Love Is Wrong by bamosagie(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
According to man of God, Chris Ojigbani marriage should not be based on love, Samson loved & paid for it with his life. Many other instances were stated from the bible. Do you agree with him?
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by 195(f): 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
^eyah - that man of God don catch una MUGU
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by r231(m): 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Dyt(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
ok
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
bamosagie:

According to man of God, Chris Ojigbani marriage should not be based on love, Samson loved & paid for it with his life. Many other instances were stated from the bible. Do you agree with him?
[size=14pt]I'd have loved to see these instances. . . By the way, Chris Ojigbani is a dunce. . . He knows nothing about the Bible!. . . [/size]
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Kx: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Is there bible evidence that Samson was legally married to Delilah?
How did Chris draw his comparison?
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Odunnu: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
Never heard of this Ojigbani guy but i'll love to know in what context he was speaking. What could have neccesitated 'dont marry for love'
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by lindabon: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2011
Oh My God!!
whats all these!!

So now, everyone should marry someone they despise and hate?
Most times, all you need to do is to use common sense to figure somethings out! C'mon  OP, wisen up a bit! This is the 21th century for Christ sake! SERIOUSLY undecided undecided undecided
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by bamosagie(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2011
The man said love delays marriage. & that love should come after marriage.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by bekay911(f): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
U  wey dey go church u smiley no anytin.
If not for love den wat else?next sunday ask him y he married if hes married, or d reasons y he wud marry.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Sijo01(f): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
If u dnt marry 4love, wat den sud u marry for? MONEY?
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Dgunnerz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ask this pastor to read Amos 3 verse 3.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by 195(f): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2011
^what about kimberly 4 verse 1 chapter 9
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by freecocoa(f): 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
Please OP can you tell us the other instances?cos its really important i should know and who the fukc is that pastor anyways?never heard of him,tell him that love is very important in marriage,also tell him cocoa said he should learn to read and understand the bible the way it is, he should desist from twisting God's word to suit his shallow reasoning or else God will punish him.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Goldieluks: 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
You have to love someone at the rate of lets say maybe 65% at the least,
before you get married to them,so that the love can grow and also stand the test of time.
I am stating this because you find a lot of people who goes, i love my boyfriend more than
i love my husband/vice versa. Therefore marrying with love in ones heart is more preferable,
in my opinion.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Dgunnerz(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
190_@:

^what about kimberly 4 verse 1 chapter 9
No be only kimberly na sharperly
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by qualified(f): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2011
i once sat under his teaching at Nat. Christian Center Abuja. that day he taught us not to trust (spouse inclusive), that what kills so many people in marriage is 'trust'

during the 'q and a' session, i came out and said i dont buy that part of his teaching and how i can i stay with someone i dont trust. he didnt explain it clearly. i stopped attending his seminars
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 15, 2011
This is the height of it, This guy must be high on some costly stuff, Utter madness!!
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by zinosleek(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2011
all these so called pastors, all they knw how to do is cause confusion. abeg who get head make he use am, who no fit use he own make he use d pastor own
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by bekay911(f): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2011
Good for u he must b an agent of marriage destruction
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by gmoney009(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2011
Marrying for love is not wrong, however marrying on the basis of love alone is wrong. Something very important in marriage is bills and unless there's money in place to cushion the effects it could be hell. I have seen love turned to have on the basis of no money. So when choosing a mate check firstly if he or she will help your economy before talking of love.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by myk2mic: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2011
i know the guy, he runs a marriage ministry and was once invited by chaz-B on his late night radio show to talk and ended up confusing himself, that was the day i realized that there are Nigerians who would not take the words of a pastor hook line and sinker.
He says that courtship is a worldly thing and that Christians should not be involved in courtship.when the calls started coming in, the guy got confused and chaz-B had to help him out. grin
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by bekay911(f): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2011
* painting a picture of his confused face*
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by ochukoccna: 10:22am On Nov 15, 2011
@ op, listen to the man's message to understand better
i hold no brief for him but i now understand why our educational products are half baked
like Bimbo Odukoya once said,love is not a feeling,love is a decision shocked shocked shocked
this rankled my mind for a while till i understood better through paul's letter to the romans that God loved us even while we are still sinners(for God's nature is love,He cant do otherwise)
Even though feelings build up,love based on emotions is dangeous shocked shocked
God's love (AGAPE) is unconditional
Man's love (EROS) is conditional
Even parents who have wayward children do their best to love them regardless of the grief they dish @ them
Emotional love is what mills and boons novels preach
Agape love is what marriage&serious relationships teaches and need
Sadly it is becoming a lost skill
How is it that our forebearers were married off by their parents in those days yet the marriages overcame obstacles?
For most ladies,love means a well to do guy
For most guys,love means a drop dead lady
What happens if that rich guy is incapcitated and that drop dead lady is disfigured? undecided undecided undecided
Many who are replying are not married yet else we would have seen less on the spur reactions
Married folks will tell you Eros wears out in 3-9 months
The questions are
1)Would you love and  marry yourself i.e. someone who shows forth your behavioural traits and personality?
2)Would you love your other half when Eros dries off and you get to see the real person for who he/her really is with weaknesses,iritating habits(we all have them)and what have you?
Love is more than a rush of blood to men balls and that fluttery feelings in ladies hearts.
That is simply what the pastor was telling the  OP.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by freecocoa(f): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2011
^
How are you sure that's what the pastor meant?are you his asst pastor?from the replies from people who know the man,its obvious he knows nothing,okay how do you explain the"don't trust anyone including you spouse"ish?
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by pynkspyce: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2011
lol, the guy is a straight up confusionist.
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by ochukoccna: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2011
^^^
yes i am his assistant pastor
jeez what a question grin grin
think it through
the op didnt understand what was preached to him
Rebekah never saw Issac before she married him
Yet she followed something called intuition
Jacob married Rachael(the love of his life)
Read the bible to see the grief that came into his life because of his love
Love is great,no reasonable pastor will tell you to marry someone you hate
Yet marriage based on untested emotions is dangerous
I recall Bimbo Odukoya saying 3Ps are needed to get married
Personal,Pastoral and Parental
Many today choose based on the first P and seeks the lst 2Ps when trouble erupts
I need not be a pastor to expantiate on what the man meant
I have God's Spirit in me to explain better
Do you?
Too many people go to church today with their brain turned on and spirits asleep or unregenerated
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2011
ochukoccna:

@ op, listen to the man's message to understand better
i hold no brief for him but i now understand why our educational products are half baked
like Bimbo Odukoya once said,love is not a feeling,love is a decision shocked shocked shocked
this rankled my mind for a while till i understood better through paul's letter to the romans that God loved us even while we are still sinners(for God's nature is love,He cant do otherwise)
Even though feelings build up,love based on emotions is dangeous shocked shocked
God's love (AGAPE) is unconditional
Man's love (EROS) is conditional
Even parents who have wayward children do their best to love them regardless of the grief they dish @ them
Emotional love is what mills and boons novels preach
Agape love is what marriage&serious relationships teaches and need
Sadly it is becoming a lost skill
How is it that our forebearers were married off by their parents in those days yet the marriages overcame obstacles?
For most ladies,love means a well to do guy
For most guys,love means a drop dead lady
What happens if that rich guy is incapcitated and that drop dead lady is disfigured? undecided undecided undecided
Many who are replying are not married yet else we would have seen less on the spur reactions
Married folks will tell you Eros wears out in 3-9 months
The questions are
1)Would you love and  marry yourself i.e. someone who shows forth your behavioural traits and personality?
2)Would you love your other half when Eros dries off and you get to see the real person for who he/her really is with weaknesses,iritating habits(we all have them)and what have you?
Love is more than a rush of blood to men balls and that fluttery feelings in ladies hearts.
That is simply what the pastor was telling the  OP.
[size=14pt]. . .The obscurant confabulations of a discombobulated religious adherent! It is your type that donates his last kobo to a pastor with 4 private jets!. . . Utter Nonsense

Sounds more like what an Atheist would say! Why doesnt he just own up and say he is a religious atheist? Why fooling himself, and trying to fool people obviously wiser than he is?. . . I dont gerrit![/size]
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by ochukoccna: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2011
^^^^
Simply by observation on NL,1 gets to know the trolls who use abusive language&lack person to person skills
That your father gave you up for adoption doesnt mean you have to be mad at the whole world
Going through your posts on NL,we see his decison was justified
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by brainpulse: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2011
I will want to believe that LOVE has a lot of definition to many people and could be the right foundation to a good marriage wheather for the right or wrong reasons.
Everyone loves themselves so no matter any wrong done against oneself you forgive yourself and leave on.

No matter the degree of love( genuine) you have in marriage there are some problems you should not pray to encounter, that can break your limits, so if you then do not have any love at all then how will you wheather such encounters.

If then we should not marry for love then what should we marry for. for happiness, for joy or for children- all these things if love is not present can not be found.

Maybe he forgot the book of Corinth that says if i speak in heavenly tongues, i do righteous things and i do not have love in me, that i am like a sounding empty symbal. that could also means if i want to marry for money, riches, fame, joy and i dont have love in me for the other individual then i am at risk of seeing another person i have feelings for after marriage and then starts having extra marital relationship.
I believe the young pastor is just married and has little of marital xperience
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by chines4(m): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2011
@Ochuko, may be love is not important, what is important is holy spirit revealed to me that u'r my spouse  angry angry angry
Re: Marrying For Love Is Wrong by N101: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2011
bamosagie:

bamosagie:

The man said love delays marriage. & that love should come after marriage.

I get what this "man of God" is saying:
(1) Have arrangee marriage i.e. let Mummy and Daddy/family/clan/village decide who who you will marry.
(2) Marry for money and status
(3) Marry for looks

Those are far more important I'm sure than "love" lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Laughs Out Loud Whenever I Ask Her For Sex / Funny! Naked Woman Calmly Walks Into A Store To Buy Beer (photos) / How To Know A Cheap Girl? Find Out !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.