Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40925 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2021
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Kriss216: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2021
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

693 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by HooJoon: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2021
Makes no sense! It's completely immature

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Akwaibomdude(m): 11:35am On Mar 24, 2021
It depends on how u guys broke up

44 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature
lol...so I thought too but people do it out anger and disappointment.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Xenry: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2021
If you want to have peace of mind after break-up, then don't give out what you aren't ready to loss.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:37am On Mar 24, 2021
Akwaibomdude:
It depends on how u guys broke up
yea that's true...but can you do it?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2021
Xenry:
Nope
oga xenry what are your reasons for saying no? mind sharing with us

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2021
Xenry:
lol..chantinet's word bah
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by RisenJoe(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships doesn't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationship for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?
Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts,one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by RisenJoe(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2021
As for me, I go collect everything back

22 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure
lol

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:
As for me, I go collect everything back
grin bros you harsh oh...

17 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
lalasticlala I need more opinions on this please
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Xenry:
No, it's not necessary.
If you wanna have peace, I mean inner peace after break-up, then don't give out what you aren't ready to loss.
That's deep truth bro...

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Xenry: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
That's deep truth bro...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Bornsinner7: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Honestly I think it's stupid to take back gift you bought for a partner all because of break up..

It's all clear now that relationship is not based on love or anything close to that.. people just get into relationships because others are doing it..

I mean what's the point buying a gift to a person you know he/she is not worth it.. that's just eye service.. buy gifts you know wouldn't hurt you when you break up.. maybe that's why girls stick to singlet and boxer since we all know relationships are just for sex and nothing more

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by aremuforlife(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
It all depends on how the relationship ended, there are some relationships that end peacefully, while some end bitterly.
For example, of I rented an apartment for a lady and she brings another man into that house, I will send her packing.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by GeneralPula: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Its very normal in today’s relationships..
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
A woman eyes is open when in a relationship but men are always stupidly drunk in love.

Women are wise. They give men boxers and singlets...things of no value cuz they know relationships don't last while men foolishly buy expensive gifts in the hope of keeping her & the relationship. Haha

As a guy, don't invest more than a girl in a relationship. If she buys you boxers & singlets, get her those cheap rubber slippers wey aboki dey sell. So that when relationship ends, you leave with less regrets and anger grin

If you ask Quavo, he gon tell you the same sh!t and he might even.."these b!tches ain't sh!t"

OP, there will be nothing expensive to collect. sad

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Yes and No.

Yes for an ungrateful leech who was in the relationship just to leech you of your resources. Collecting your gift back is worth it.

No for someone who you experienced great progress and other pleasant experiences and who was a wonderful partner but the relationship failed due to reasons that are beyond both of you control or ability. It doesn't worth collecting. You leave it for them because they are worth it and to create memories for them.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by blinking001(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Redpillers food don ready for una grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by GreaterFuture3: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
We don't know
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by bigdammyj: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Noted

Yes
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by mcmbonu: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Uy
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Numerouno94(m): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Why give out or purchase wat u can't afford to let go?

Some people do it out of anger. Dnt give out wat u can't afford to let go. Knw this nd have peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Teaser4(m): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
I don do am once sha... I collected the phone I bought for my ex, sold the phone and used the money to buy two correct sneakers (Nike Air Jordan 6 and one Badass Adidas), e don tey Sha... But I'm glad I did.. Cos the phone na new, barely two months wey I buy am with my money.... But I no fit do am again Sha..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by pretydiva(f): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Following
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
do whatever you feel is right. If you think taking back anything you bought for her or him is right, then do it, if you think it's wrong, then don't do it. You owe no one no explanation on how your see and understand things. Some people will say it's not matured, that their own reasoning, to you it's matured, so take it. You were not born to satisfy no one. Don't let people's ideas influence yours.

72 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Buys His 2go Girlfriend A Benz On Her Birthday / Must Have Before You Toast A Nigerian Lady / Man Puts Ex-Girlfriend For Sale In Pet Section Of Classified Ad Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.