Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag (3242 Views)

Now That The Cat(list Of Ministers) Is Let Out Of The Bag) Known To The Public. / El-Rufai Welcomes Buhari As He Arrives For 62RC POP Of NDA / 2015 Election: 1.8 Million Votes Already In The Bag For GEJ From The Southwest (2) (3) (4)

Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Beaf: 1:14am On Apr 17, 2011
[size=21pt]Except there is a miracle, GEJ has won! Pop sontin'![/size]

Exit polls indicated that Buhari won in Kano; Katsina; Nasarawa; Bauchi; Kebbi; Zamfara; Adamawa and Niger states. Sokoto remained dicey last night. Early reports said CPC won but it was later learnt that PDP picked the state.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/3258-jonathan-ahead-in-presidential-poll.html

[center][size=14pt]I am Goodluck Jonathan
I never thought I would be where I am today
I had no shoes, no school bag; I carried my books in my hands to school
I have no enemies to fight
I was not born rich
I am Goodluck Jonathan
If I can make it, you can make it[/size][/center]

Oya, vex if you wan vex! Burst if you wan burst! grin
. . .But for once, the man on the street feels a deep sence of belonging; they feel a President they can bond, one who listens and feels foe them, one who is like them and desires the best for them.

Is there ready proof of this?
Oh yes! Not only has he barnished the demonic fuel shortages, he has ferried Nigerians out of foreign trouble spots (a first in Nigeria's history) and opened communication lines with Nigerians in disaster areas. Just last week, rather than the usual turmult and death, we actually had the first free and fair elections.
. . .The list is unending, what a guy!

[size=14pt]Witness history as a New Nigeria is being built![/size]

There is victory in truth, simplicity, vision and goodwill to your fellow man.

GEJ has the vision and dedication to set Nigeria on the path to realisation and development.
GEJ is Nigeria's gateway to greatness. His defeat of the cabal and its sectional interests will begin our countries cleansing; it will open the path for leadership talent like the Sule Lamido's, Amaechi's, Akpabios's, Chime's, Fashola's, Utomi's etc to be able to contest by merit on a level playing field, in elections that are free and fair.

Nigeria needs the cool, calm, wise, intelligent and reassured head that sits on Jonathans shoulders. He alone has the vision, honesty, diplomatic nous and social dexterity needed to weld the disparate parts of Nigeria into one indivisible union with shared goals and ideals.

Of all the candidates, GEJ is the only one to display a grasp of the tools required for our technological development. From ideas to set 1% of our GDP aside for Research and Development in science and technology, to siezing control of petroleum industry from foreign parasites and spongers (like Shell) through far reaching programmes like the gas master-plans and petroleum industry bill (PIB); all of these amongst others. A truly great guy!

[size=42pt]Fresh Air 2011!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/396240_JonathanNigeria_jpge7a36aa6bc0c2d1c59341bf005b3e97c
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2011
you are a joker
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kilode1: 1:31am On Apr 17, 2011
[size=17pt]Bros I join you to celebrate o!!![/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_KYvwu7c4rqk/TPKYrF7mwtI/AAAAAAAAAIs/idEelYnsceM/S700/Akwa%252BIbom%252BContingent.jpg&imgref[/img]

Wait for INEC. . .
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Sunofgod(m): 1:41am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 1:51am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by jmaine: 1:57am On Apr 17, 2011
All of una dey craze for hia grin grin grin grin
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kilode1: 1:58am On Apr 17, 2011
Jonathan is coasting home to victory in 16 of the 17 Southern states. Ribadu is in the lead in Osun State. The ACN candidate won in 27 local governments to three won by the PDP candidate.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/3258-jonathan-ahead-in-presidential-poll.html

Miracle in Osun? cool
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

Miracle in Osun? cool

Something is not right. Why is Osun state voting for Ribadu? Rigging? shocked
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Odunnu: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2011
My heart is still in my hands!
May this come to pass
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kilode1: 2:04am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

Something is not right. Why is Osun state voting for Ribadu? Rigging?  shocked

I suspect Ribadu hired this people grin

Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by nduchucks: 4:42am On Apr 17, 2011
I join you in celebrating a relatively successful election. The real presidential election will begin shortly since no candidate will win a majority of popular votes and 25% of the votes in 26 states. GEJ will will 25% of the votes in at least 26 states but Ribadu's numbers would allow Buhari to narrowly win the popular votes.

All in all, an election well conducted. I congratulate the electorate for Nigeria will never be the same after this.

SAI One NIJERIA
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Apr 17, 2011
If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.  This seems to be supported by the preliminary reports coming out of various areas in the S.E . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 4:58am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

By voting for a non-Igbo? Try again. . .

I always knew you were a tribalist.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by sartorius(m): 4:59am On Apr 17, 2011
In de bag ke. Dis election is too close o, buhari for 8 yrs, I hope not his presidency wud be too powerful.I hope gej win @ 1st try.gej wud get plateau benue the rest na gej.bb shudnt get 25% in ss except lag and oyo.crossin ma fingers.

Underage voting is also a form of riggin
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

By voting for a non-Igbo? Try again. . .

I always knew you were a tribalist.

I already told you to spare me the bubble-headed retorts, and any other equally childish comebacks you have planned!
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 5:01am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I already told you to spare me the bubble-headed retorts!

And I already told you to get a life.

Now stop crying and get over it.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Apr 17, 2011
Again . . .

If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.  This seems to be supported by the preliminary reports coming out of various areas in the S.E . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 5:04am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

Yes, blame the Igbo. That train is never late.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Rossikk(m): 5:50am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie said

If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.

It's amazing how some people manage to find a way to extract negativity from even the most joyous, salubrious developments.

I'm in awe of your skill.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Jakumo(m): 5:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.  This seems to be supported by the preliminary reports coming out of various areas in the S.E . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And who could blame the Igbo nation for instinctively rejecting an Islamist Taliban "Born Ruler", in favor of a son of the Niger Delta's long-exploited land, remembering the blood-soaked history of genocides perpetrated against Ndiigbo sons and daughters by northern usurpers, of which Ayatollah Buhari is a leering poster boy ?

Cast aside your bitterness over the assured and inevitable FAILURE of the Taliban terrorist to smell power in Nigeria, Big Mama KJ.   The show is over, and the exultant crowd has spilt from the arena of this epic electoral battle between the forces of good and evil.

Rather than recriminations and finger-pointing, now is the time to affix your gaze on the horizon, and the deliberate steps of dramatic improvement that will take Nigeria there in short order.

There really must be a wise and benevolent God after all, who gazed down on Nigeria in this her hour of uncertainty, and decided for the first time since June 12 1993, to bless that long troubled land with a presidential election that will go down in the history books as the fairest and most peacefully conducted one EVER.

Johnny Goodluck IS and WILL BE the President of Nigeria, while Ayatollah Buhari Bin-Laden has been unceremoniously swept into the dustbin of history, once and for all, by the discerning electorate of a great nation in the making.

All is well in the universe on this glorious day, y'all.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by henry101(m): 5:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

If Jonathan wins outright, it will go down this election that the Ibos/South Easterner are the most ethnically bigoted group in Nigeria.  This seems to be supported by the preliminary reports coming out of various areas in the S.E . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Madam know all, So Igbo voted a man from bayelsa makes them the most ethnically bigoted group and those from the north that voted Buhari are nationalist or those from Bayelsa as saints. Try something else ITK. Or you wanto start your inconclusive and distorted show,

So If Gej doesnt win outright as you stated, Igbos cease to be the most ethnically bigoted group. Funny,
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Apr 17, 2011
Jakumo:

And who could blame the Igbo nation for instinctively rejecting an Islamist Taliban "Born Ruler", in favor of a son of the Niger Delta's long-exploited land, remembering the blood-soaked history of genocides perpetrated against Ndiigbo sons and daughters by northern usurpers, of which Ayatollah Buhari is a leering poster boy ?

Cast aside your bitterness over the assured and inevitable FAILURE of the Taliban terrorist to smell power in Nigeria, Big Mama KJ.   The show is over, and the exultant crowd has spilt from the arena of this epic electoral battle between the forces of good and evil.

Rather than recriminations and finger-pointing, now is the time to affix your gaze on the horizon, and the deliberate steps of dramatic improvement that will take Nigeria there in short order.

There really must be a wise and benevolent God after all, who gazed down on Nigeria in this her hour of uncertainty, and decided for the first time since June 12 1993, to bless that long troubled land with a presidential election that will go down in the history books as the fairest and most peacefully conducted one EVER.

Johnny Goodluck IS and WILL BE the President of Nigeria, while Ayatollah Buhari Bin-Laden has been unceremoniously swept into the dustbin of history, once and for all, by the discerning electorate of a great nation in the making.

All is well in the universe on this glorious day, y'all.

At least you are not DENYING what is right in front of our eyes . . . . . No, I don't like to rejoice when I see something potentially dangerous !
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Jakumo(m): 6:17am On Apr 17, 2011
Besides that conjured up by fertile imaginations, there is NO "potential danger" on the cards for Nigeria, KJ.

If you refuse to celebrate with all who truly love the nation of Nigeria, then I will celebrate on your behalf. Stand by for a live video feed direct from Mama Polina's Sap'le Wata joint, located on the Warri waterfront, where the majestic blue waters of the River Ethiope surge into the waiting embrace of the Atlantic ocean.

Fellow revelers, please join me in raising a boisterous toast to the always stern, never smiling Kobojunkie - the Queen of Frown.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by nduchucks: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2011
Jakumo:

And who could blame the Igbo nation for instinctively rejecting an Islamist Taliban "Born Ruler

Igbo nation ko, barbiturate nation ni. Wake up from your slumber, Igbo nation does not exist - the war was lost decades ago. olodo
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by texazzpete(m): 6:24am On Apr 17, 2011
Jakumo:

From a PDP presidency? Are you on crack?
Just stop at 'Yay! We finally have our broda dia for the next 4 years' and don't even begin to dabble in these hilarious promises.

GEJ took out lots of promissory notes and IOUs to win this thing (if indeed he has won). Payback time will soon commence  grin

Sadly for their vocal Nairaland contingent, this election puts paid to any real relevance of the South East on the national level. Certainly they will not smell the presidency until 202X at the earliest.  sad
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Asobank: 6:29am On Apr 17, 2011
na so! GEJ wins!
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Jakumo(m): 6:31am On Apr 17, 2011
I have been eagerly looking forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would ensue within the Ayatollah Buhari camp, as soon as the writing on the wall began to spell out the name Jonathan Goodluck, and from the looks of things, I will NOT be disappointed.

Keep the anguish coming guys, and Tex, you remain a good buddy, political considerations aside.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by EzeUche(m): 6:31am On Apr 17, 2011
The way people complain about the Igbo, you would think they are the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by texazzpete(m): 7:09am On Apr 17, 2011
Jakumo:

I have been eagerly looking forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would ensue within the Ayatollah Buhari camp, as soon as the writing on the wall began to spell out the name Jonathan Goodluck, and from the looks of things, I will NOT be disappointed.

Keep the anguish coming guys, and Tex, you remain a good buddy, political considerations aside.

Don't count your chickens yet, wordy man grin

Abeg come back to Nigeria so you too can experience years of the PDP pestilence. After paying millions in taxes last year, I have been running my Generator for ages now. Most of Nigeria's money has been devoured by these PDP locusts and you want me to be happy abi?
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by texazzpete(m): 7:09am On Apr 17, 2011
Any Idea who won between Dele MOmodu and Chris Okotie in the race for the fewest votes? grin
Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by efisher(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2011
Victory for Democracy.

We have witnessed the crushing of the cabal.

We have witnessed the exit of the wicked ex-generals.

We have witnessed the strengthening of our democracy.

We have witnessed the entry of our nation into the new order.

Pop pop pop pop! Pop Sontin!!!

Re: Pop Sontin'! Its In The Bag by Sunofgod(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2011
Up GEJ -  cheesy

Blast: Police Hold Zaria Cleric Albani / Obafemi Awolowo Is My Inspiration - Gov. Babangida Aliyu / Gbajagate: Gbajabiamila Finally Owns Up To Financial Misconduct

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57