Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke (62555 Views)

My Pastor Slept With My Wife While I Was Asleep, Her Moaning Woke Me — Man Cries / Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Ladycewhy(f): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
They call it "sara". There are different degrees to it, you can use food but in the case of using blood sacrifice, that's on a high level . Using animals can be in exchange for a life or averting death all together.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Georgereal277(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
grin
MejiLoyon:
As a Lagos boy, seeing sacrifices in junctions is no big deal. From yams to eggs to cash. In fact I've seen where kids will deliberately rush to the junction to eat whatever sacrifice is placed there.

Once I heard someone greet the other..."How far them put ebo for junction", "No ooo. These people don dey mess up". "Na wah o, go check pipeline junction. Ebo must dey there. Them dey leave money there sef".

This made me never really place importance on this fetish practise. Boys dey chop am steady and they are still alive and doing well.

But what I saw today shook me to my marrows.
I was sitting by my window around 4:00 when I saw this man drag a hefty white ram outside. He and someone I guess is his son. The man Brought out one gourd and started chanting incantations On the ram. Lasted for a few minutes with him mentioning some names. Then in a flash he used his knife on the rams neck and it bled to death.

They are cooking the ram as I speak. My friend is there sharing drinks and chowing the ram grin grin grin grin. As in as I'm typing this I'm smiling at him from my balcony.

I am tolerant with every religion. In fact I was with an IFA boy throughout school and we got on well. But Omo this one shock me. The names especially because they were familiar. Let me go and continue observing. If anyone starts barking like a dog at least I'll know the source.
.. your guys are the real gods
stay there and be doing long throat
na saliva go full your belle angry
MejiLoyon:
As a Lagos boy, seeing sacrifices in junctions is no big deal. From yams to eggs to cash. In fact I've seen where kids will deliberately rush to the junction to eat whatever sacrifice is placed there.

Once I heard someone greet the other..."How far them put ebo for junction", "No ooo. These people don dey mess up". "Na wah o, go check pipeline junction. Ebo must dey there. Them dey leave money there sef".

This made me never really place importance on this fetish practise. Boys dey chop am steady and they are still alive and doing well.

But what I saw today shook me to my marrows.
I was sitting by my window around 4:00 when I saw this man drag a hefty white ram outside. He and someone I guess is his son. The man Brought out one gourd and started chanting incantations On the ram. Lasted for a few minutes with him mentioning some names. Then in a flash he used his knife on the rams neck and it bled to death.

They are cooking the ram as I speak. My friend is there sharing drinks and chowing the ram grin grin grin grin. As in as I'm typing this I'm smiling at him from my balcony.

I am tolerant with every religion. In fact I was with an IFA boy throughout school and we got on well. But Omo this one shock me. The names especially because they were familiar. Let me go and continue observing. If anyone starts barking like a dog at least I'll know the source.
.. your guys are the real gods
stay there and be doing long throat
na saliva go full your belle
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Myer(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
grin grin grin grin to stay woke, become a child of God..they will chant like prophet of Baal ,it won't come near u grin hallelujah

Hey, check my online store for juicy stuff . Link is on my signature

Why do your pastors keep milking you dry with deliverance every week?

Even as a Christian your pastors will tell you you're under generational curses and etc.

Las las religion na scam.
Just live a good life.
As long as you don't hurt no one, no negative karma can haunt you.

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by JackWolfskin: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
godlessmind:
it doesn't have any value if not africa would have been a paradise...

Ok
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Ishilove: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:

The rule of the thumb is to avoid eating at traditional weddings and burials. Most of the food the serve in those two places are sacrificed foods.
So you won't serve food at your traditional wedding?

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Myer(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ishilove:

The matter tire me.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Mcdreamy15: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
pocohantas:
Growing up we had this baba on our street, very learned man. He used to drive a Shagari. This man would wear shirt and tie to Lord knows where, come back in the evening and change into a red or white clothe.

I greet him when he is dressed in corporate wears, never in his uniform.

He had 3 wives and they were all learned too, kids also went to good schools. They were generally good neighbours, but I never touched his numerous ebos, even when they had bundles of notes in them. The notes always disappeared after some hours sha.

cheesy people wey need am don carry am grin
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by vincentjk(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sacrifice is an African thing.
Human sacrifice is the forbidded one
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Muhylonaire007: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin
I dey seminar, I laugh so Tey people dey look me if I don ment, coz wetin dem dey talk no require make person laugh but this OP chose to disgrace me publicly. Which one is "haafa, dem put sacrifice for Junction?"

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by chijokz(m): 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
I don't believe in all this fetish and superstitious beliefs. I remember back in my teenage days visiting the village during the Xmas holidays and enjoying the masquerade shows. Everyone said they're are spirits and shouldn't be touched or else misfortune and death follows. I was like "Really" and I remember approaching a few and touched them after dropping some money - the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
pocohantas:
Growing up we had this baba on our street, very learned man. He used to drive a Shagari. This man would wear shirt and tie to Lord knows where, come back in the evening and change into a red or white clothe.

I greet him when he is dressed in corporate wears, never in his uniform.

He had 3 wives and they were all learned too, kids also went to good schools. They were generally good neighbours, but I never touched his numerous ebos, even when they had bundles of notes in them. The notes always disappeared after some hours sha.

What's shagari?
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by hstar: 1:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
I don't even know whether to believe you or not!
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by cayorday89(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
jerex55:

that school show me shege that year, but na true o, ebo na steady
My house was on that street then, and the sacrifices were always piled up left and right..
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by dederocs(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
JackWolfskin:
These African sciences should be used for the greatest good.
Amen
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by petitejolie(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
No follow chop o.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
Until you jam confirmed Christian and it’s back to sender
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Nazgul: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ishilove:

It won't be a big party. I'm not a fan of big parties.

It will be a small in house part of limited family members and not the regular large ones held in primary Schools. The food will be prepared by my wife, and when I'm coming I'll still bring food for my people who will come with me.

I've witnessed the op's incident before and it was in a traditional wedding, incantations was said on the cow before it was sloghtered. One just has to be very careful with what he/she eat these days.

5 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Magnoliaa(f): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:

The rule of the thumb is to avoid eating at traditional weddings and burials. Most of the food the serve in those two places are sacrificed foods.

Sacrifice, hiann!

So you're even that superstitious.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by tiredoflife(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ishilove:

How do we reject it without offending the person offering it?

U care about not offending a person that wants to use ur destiny

U never ready be that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by letitrainnow(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
Behold the lamb of God.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Ishilove: 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
tiredoflife:

U care about not offending a person that wants to use ur destiny

U never ready be that
Heh. You have a point

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Magnoliaa(f): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
JackWolfskin:
These African sciences should be used for the greatest good.

My own is to even market them as fictions and cash out from them. Big.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Duplexxx: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
All those juju or spell na powerless power where GOD dey

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Nazgul: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Sacrifice, hiann!

So you're even that superstitious.
I have seen things. Things I know no one will believe if I choose to reveal...so yes sacrifice is real, same with the realm of the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by emmnprince(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
airminem:
V for voltron smiley

You should be in your late 30s or early 40s to recall this. You're aging. Hope you're aging gracefully sha?
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by bignero: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
georgeakins:
Another fabricated story! No one puts sacrifice at a junction at 4am. It is usually placed between 1 and 3 am when those people are in a meeting.
I am tired of reading lies here

Hmm experienced sacfricist.. Ekwushe

2 Likes

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by georgeakins: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
bignero:

Hmm experienced sacfricist.. Ekwushe

Not really! I was born and bred in a village.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by emmnprince(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nuttella:
I cover myself and my family in the blood of Jesus, holy ghost fire.

Jesus blood is not to be used for the covering of self, family or any object. It is a misrepresentation of His precious blood.

The precious blood of Jesus was shed for the remission of sins and to purchase the Church.
Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:7; 1 John 1:7; Acts 20:28.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by emmnprince(m): 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
godlessmind:
but what about those that are receiving holy communion?...

Holy Communion is a memorial meal Christians partake of every Sunday to remember the Lord's death (what he did for them) on the cross, in keeping with His commandment. The ingredients (unleavened bread and fruit of the vine) partaken of are representation of His body and blood, not his actual body and blood.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by harmony75: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
most times is better to eat chicken @party then ram beef, cow one should also be prayerful i have heard about people using the ram, cow for ritual then sharing it @party to collect people's destiny's.
Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by emmnprince(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ishilove:

She will serve bottles of water, non-alcoholic wine, fruit juice, snacks, doughnut, chinchin, ice cream and yoghurt, with small chops. There will be varieties to choose from.

1 Like

Re: Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke by Reex12(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
Duplexxx:
All those juju or spell na powerless power where GOD dey
it is written do not tempt the lord your God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Mobbed By Church Members After His Release From DSS Office. PICS / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ / Pastor Chris Okafor’s Publicist Speaks On Woman In Miracle With Five Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.