Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? (38413 Views)

May 29: I Can Hardly Cope With Pressure, Says Buhari / CBN Okays ₦200 Billion Housing Loan For Low Income Earners / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Alejoas(m): 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
drmikeadams:

How much?

50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
BrightAhiah:

I'm a private school teacher, a husband and father of three that earns just #25,000 and pays tithe out of it.
sincerely, the pay is peanut but it takes only the grace of God in sustaining us as sometimes I believe God touch the heart of few friends (2) who on their own accord sends 2-3k ones in a month or two...
life in Nigeria is pathetic but I'm optimistic that it will surely gets BETTER someday.
it's better to keep working with the little peanuts than becoming an armed robber

Bros, how can you be paying tithes from a salary of 25,000 naira?
What are you aiming at?
All these white guys/Asians/Nigerians abroad who don't pay tithes, aren't they prospering in their various endeavors?
Make we de use our brain sometimes nah.
God doesn't prevent anyone from prospering just because he doesn't pay tithes.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

What are you aiming at?
All these white guys/Asians/Nigerians abroad who don't pay tithes, aren't they prospering in their various endeavors?
God doesn't prevent anyone from prosperity just because he doesn't pay tithes.

tnx for your own contribution too
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by generationz(f): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I have done it a few times on Facebook, Twitter, and even here on Nairaland. A few lads told me to contact them but it ended in a brick wall.

I tried to print complimentary cards to give to people but I am a shy person by nature so I don't know how else to market my skills by meeting people.

Well, if you build a good profile on Instagram (good picture, perfect description of what you do, and continuously posting tips and motivational talk at least once in two days) one of the ways you can grow your following is to always be the first or among the first to comment on blogs like Tundeednut, instablog, gistlover, etc. If you don't want those blog (Tunde ednut and instablog are good options) follow and be the first to comment on pages of Instagram gurus, marketers, etc.

That's how you build visibility. Visibility is built by being consistent not waiting for one person to get back to you.
I've seen traders get such visibility by making funny comments without even having money for adverts. You can't be shy in real life and be shy on Instagram.

I've had a fake/troll page on Instagram for 2 years and I have 650 followers with just one motivational post there. Without even offering anything or posting pictures, I have 600 followers compared to some people with pictures. I've had people wanting to meet me there based on the comments I made but I refuse to meet cause I enjoy my anonymity.

On nairaland, make sure you target the front page. Under your comment, write your short ad with your email or phone number. People do it all the time. That's how to get customers.

So, it's up to you but the internet is the best place to get visibility even without money.

Note: don't advertise under anyone post or you'll get blocked

This thing I've taught you, people pay to learn.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by ibechris(m): 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
drmikeadams:

Make them continue dashing them money,,their brain will function at de right time

Same thing my wife told me of a lady in her office who has exhausted her loan options.
She is on cooperative loan,car loan and longterm loans. In all of this,she still treks home which is a far distance to her office. So,one day she approached my wife for an assistance which she rendered and then told my wife her ordeal. Do u know at the end of each month,this lady that couldn't afford her full transport in a month,would out of the balance in her salary,still remove her tithe to give to pastors while she continues suffering.

I just wonder why some people chose to suffer all in the name of religion. I am not against those paying tithes but first thing first. For me as a christian, it is not a precondition before u meet ur God. Financial education is very important.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by 2shaw: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
I'm running a minner and I need at least 24hrslight a day,,and this can't even power up a pc for 24hrs
Alejoas:

50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Ade3131: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Yeah, I don't mind if we meet. I stay close to GBO. A friend of mine said the age limit is 32 though.

And yes, you are right, business has been funny since the beginning of the year. I don't know if things are ever gonna go back to normal. To be sincere, I am very very scared about what the future holds.

Buzz me up on WhatsApp through the link below

mywa.dot/letstalkbusiness

Pls remove the .dot. and replace with just one dot
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by moboladipine(f): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
Start a business in Affiliate Marketing as a side hustle and end your financial worries by making 100k- 400k monthly

Click on the link below to get started..

https:///ll4a5q or chat 08028447636
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Mightyhaiz: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
condomuser:

And I'm struggling to cope with N50k per day i.e N1.5 million a month.

What do you guys eat on N30k per month, don't you have a gf, don't you go to bars, clubs etc?

i know say u be trader..u dey sell on sundays? u no dey pay shop rent,sales ppl,income tax ,light bills,security, sanitation fees,union fees,local govr,biz premises,commerce and industry,gen fuel and repairs etc etc.. after u comot all these before u conclude the amount u dey make o.. 50k a day no be 1.5m like dat o..lol. u will be too lucky if u take home upto 400k sef..and thats if ur not the extravagant type o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Mightyhaiz: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
4ckyou:

Where do you base
u wan start sth? sharp guy,..hehe

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
generationz:

Well, if you build a good profile on Instagram (good picture, perfect description of what you do, and continuously posting tips and motivational talk at least once in two days) one of the ways you can grow your following is to always be the first or among the first to comment on blogs like Tundeednut, instablog, gistlover, etc. If you don't want those blog (Tunde ednut and instablog are good options) follow and be the first to comment on pages of Instagram gurus, marketers, etc.

That's how you build visibility. Visibility is built by being consistent not waiting for one person to get back to you.
I've seen traders get such visibility by making funny comments without even having money for adverts. You can't be shy in real life and be shy on Instagram.

I've had a fake/troll page on Instagram for 2 years and I have 650 followers with just one motivational post there. Without even offering anything or posting pictures, I have 600 followers compared to some people with pictures. I've had people wanting to meet me there based on the comments I made but I refuse to meet cause I enjoy my anonymity.

On nairaland, make sure you target the front page. Under your comment, write your short ad with your email or phone number. People do it all the time. That's how to get customers.

So, it's up to you but the internet is the best place to get visibility even without money.

Note: don't advertise under anyone post or you'll get blocked

This thing I've taught you, people pay to learn.

grin Thank you very much. I'll make sure I pay you back one way or another. Very Valid points you put out. Much gratitude
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by drmikeadams(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
ibechris:

Same thing my wife told me of a lady in her office who has exhausted her loan options.
She is on cooperative loan,car loan and longterm loans. In all of this,she still treks home which is a far distance to her office. So,one day she approached my wife for an assistance which she rendered and then told my wife her ordeal. Do u know at the end of each month,this lady that couldn't afford her full transport in a month,would out of the balance in her salary,still remove her tithe to give to pastors while she continues suffering.

I just wonder why some people chose to suffer all in the name of religion. I am not against those paying tithes but first thing first. For me as a christian, it is not a precondition before u meet ur God. Financial education is very important.

The thing no let me under stand... grin grin. But sha ..they will learn one day
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ade3131:

Buzz me up on WhatsApp through the link below
/letstalkbusiness
Pls remove the .dot. and replace with just one dot
Alright, let me give it a try.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by drmikeadams(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

What are you aiming at?
God doesn't prevent anyone from prosperity just because he doesn't pay tithes.

Daddy freeze Don talk taya for the matter....
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by hairbyuj(f): 5:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
kaylardz:
I'm currently on 28k salary as a graduate in Kano. honestly, it's not been easy. everything is being spent on food and transportation. Nothing to flex with, no money for shopping, clubbing, electricity gadgets or girlfriend. I'm currently contemplating on venturing into smartphone repairing but I don't know how to combine it with my teaching job.

Can we relate on WhatsApp, where in kano are you?
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by hairbyuj(f): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Heroclitus:

Will you put me through how to start with #0?
I know the basis of dropshipping but starting with something less than 5k seems hard to understand for me

Let chat since you know a little maybe u will put me through
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
iragbmite:

Things will never get better for him. He is poorly educated based on his inability to write. And he is making 32k per month because of the many poor decisions he has made in his life, based on statistics, he will continue to make poor decisions for the rest of his life, which means that his poor decision making thought process will continue to keep him down.

And you are dumb for trying to uplift him.

We need people like that down to serve people like me.

Who's this idiot that's attacking everyone??
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by enakho(m): 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
You see, everyone has 24 hrs daily on this planet earth. But why is it that some people are more successful than some? Simple answer is that what you do with your most active hrs Inside that 24hrs matters a lot. Remember, everyone has grace. But there is what we call frustrating Hod's grace......
Franckelv230:
Going by the inflation, recession and whatever thing they use to qualify this hardship we are facing in this country at the moment, how do you most salary earners cope?

When I say salary earners, I mean those earning 50k, 40k, 30k, 25k and some even 25k to 10k. Not you that's bagging 100k and above, you be oil worker jor.

So, I see most families where the man being the head of the family, is a private school teacher. Of course we all know how much they are payed nothing. Same with most company or factory casual workers. How do you guys manage to cope with family at this crucial time?

It's not like I'm earning big or own any business, but one good job in month will cover me for some times. Since I'm not married yet, it just myself and my aged mum that I think of.

So how do you manage your 30k that it will last you for a month, Assuming your extra teaching after school will cover your transportation to and from working place?
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by ibechris(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
Nicur:
Please if you earn below 250k, you have no business getting married!! angry

I earn less than that and I have three children.

But let me shock u,my side hustle has earned me close to 3.5million just this first quarter of the year.

The major thing is ur salary might be small but pls,ensure ur side hustle is bigger and regular to keep ur family going. No amount is too small,it is the small salary that built the side hustle for the past 9years.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by TonyCoaL01(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
Woo....thunder fire Adam and Eve wey scatter all our ways like this.�
30k na 1 tea spoon Oga�
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Seems you were a successful candidate. I hope to be there some day. Did you do yours(the exam) online or at their HQ?
On the contrary, my friend is a successful candidate. Had the exams online then the interview at the HQ, it was the northern branch though so I guess his own was at Abuja..
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by bennyflipy(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
ibechris:

I earn less than that and I have three children.

But let me shock u,my side hustle has earned me close to 3.5million just this first quarter of the year.

The major thing is ur salary might be small but pls,ensure ur side hustle is bigger and regular to keep ur family going. No amount is too small,it is the small salary that built the side hustle for the past 9years.
What side hustle is that if I may ask
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by generationz(f): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

grin Thank you very much. I'll make sure I pay you back one way or another. Very Valid points you put out. Much gratitude

I wish you good luck.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by kaylardz(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
hairbyuj:

Can we relate on WhatsApp, where in kano are you?
Naibawa
WhatsApp no: 08160576462
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by AngelicBeing: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2021
Chai, Nigeria is something else, 16,000 as a monthly salary, l am heartbroken with what l am reading on this thread and you have wicked lawbreakers in the National Assembly in Abuja, swimming in millions of naira monthly making useless laws that has made Nigeria the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world angry
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

On the contrary, my friend is a successful candidate. Had the exams online then the interview at the HQ, it was the northern branch though so I guess his own was at Abuja..

Congrats to him then. Mind asking him if he got his test score that same day or he just got an invite. My confusion/concern is that I was told that I'm meant to see my test score few mins after submitting
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by bennyflipy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
With this my 46k salary someone will be asking me when will i marry, money wei never do me.
I fucking need a side hustle.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by SMBH: 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sabadon:
better than not earning at all, i mean there ll be hope of something better, the worse is when the source of your next meal is hoped on someone elses pocket, then you ll know how frustrating life is.

Shey no be lizard dey dance skelewu for that one head grin grin
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Fakelondonboi(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
A graduate doin a security job ..less than 30k hell I must say,those saying u must have side hustle thinks it's easy?....am also into cleaning as in industrial cleaning business and yet to contract or connection...it's just by God's grace
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Congrats to him then. Mind asking him if he got his test score that same day or he just got an invite. My confusion/concern is that I was told that I'm meant to see my test score few mins after submitting
I just spoke with him now, he got the invite two weeks after he had submit his CV. He told me, seems they have change the whole recruitment process too. To avoid the back and forth, you can put in with ICSL or Catilas too..

At least, you can make do with different options, if one fail, you move to the next available one..
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

I just spoke with him now, he got the invite two weeks after he had submit his CV. He told me, seems they have change the whole recruitment process too. To avoid the back and forth, you can put in with ICSL or Catilas too..

At least, you can make do with different options, if one fail, you move to the next available one..

I don't really understand the first sentence. How did he get to submit his CV? Before or after sitting for the test?

What is ICSL and Catilas?
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Passionate1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
Na wa o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jonathan Projected To Win 26 States - GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / We Have Left Everything To God - Deborah Yakubu's Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.