Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? (38382 Views)

May 29: I Can Hardly Cope With Pressure, Says Buhari / CBN Okays ₦200 Billion Housing Loan For Low Income Earners / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by larrypourl(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
PhilipReigns:

My lady too is a police officer, I had to read carefully to be sure you weren't telling my whole life stories, I must confess it's not easy for a man to have a woman who's earning more than himself in terms of salary, to think that these police officers brings money home daily from work ranging from 6k to 10k daily as a result of brides and all, before they will still get paid at d end of the month Lol. But wait bro, I was just wondering, which government job increases salary exponentially from 35k to 135k? Your response will be appreciated.

I think he was a contract staff before but now well integrated into the system as a full staff.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by ABBOLAJJI81: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
It's really pathetic coping with meagre take-home in this present dwindling economic situation of Nigeria coupled with high inflation rate
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
chyzoo4u:

If you're very good with web design, (not WordPress, HTML and CSS), then check out Turing, Google it. Also, there's Fiverr, seoclerks, LinkedIn, upowork, etc. Open a US account (Google or search the forum on how to do that, I don't know how's been done) to get jobs.

Thank you very much for this. Opening the account isn't the problem, it is the endless list of competition and how to get a gig that is the problem. Every job has a long list of bidding war with almost 5 star ranking.
Could you give me a walkthrough on how to get it done(i.e to get clients).
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
generationz:

Why don't you market your skills via nairaland and Instagram?

I have done it a few times on Facebook, Twitter and even here on Nairaland. A few lads told me to contact them but it ended in a brick wall.

I tried to print complimentary cards to give to people but I am a shy person by nature so I don't know how else to market my skills by meeting people.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by amakadlite(f): 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
I almost wept when I was told a painter of brown beans goes for#2100 in the market this morning. beans we bought with #700 few months ago.this is the height of misrule by senseless govt
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
Komu1048:

That's Viclawrence, they hired for mostly banks, I took exam with them n passed 2018 was screen and told how much I will be earning they even informed me that next time I hear from them it's the FB branch that I will be posted. Omo I happy go use my last card buy okrika for cantagora. Till now I never hear from them ooo. That was my ugly experience, but many have gotten employed from them. I wish u all the best

So sorry about that, though the bolded statement got me laughing.

Actually, my colleague back in school (now works with a bank) gave me the link. He said he got his score that same day but I didn't get any. That's where and why I'm confused.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ade3131:

Vic Lawrence Associate....I know a few things about them having worked with a firm where most of my colleagues were outsourced from there.

You're most likely gonna hear from them soon if you are lucky and your age falls within 23 to 27 bcuz the major clients they recruit for are banks....I'll tell you more about this.

Btw... You said you're at Alaba Int. market....that's where I am too. Currently into computer laptops, and I can tell business hasn't been the same for some time now due to the prices of foreign used items going for double of their former price.

If you don't mind, let's meet in person on Tuesday so we can discuss extensively about what you inquired about and I'll also ask if you can be my guide on my adventure into the programming world. I've been learning how to code recently too and I found it fascinating. My shop is close to St. Patrick junction.

Yeah, I don't mind if we meet. I stay close to GBO. A friend of mine said the age limit is 32 though.

And yes, you are right, business has been funny since the beginning of the year. I don't know if things are ever gonna go back to normal. To be sincere, I am very very scared about what the future holds.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Oiza131(f): 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you a Muslim yoruba girl? Kalas is Arabic
I'm neither of them

2 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

They recruits Tellers and other contract based work..

You said you sat for the online exam so I don't understand why you're still asking about the exams again. I believed if you're picked, you will be interviewed according to the line of duty/work you fill in for. I really prays it's not what am thinking honestly...

The issue is that a friend gave me the link to their site, because he also sat for their exam and was employed as a contract staff at the HQ of a notable bank in Nigeria. He said he got his score that same day after the exam, but me, I didn't, that's why I'm confused. I even sent them a mail, till date no reply.

@ The last sentence, please, what do you mean?
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2021
judedwriter:

Your story touches me. Take heart.

I know how hard it can be earning peanuts yet responsibilities keep mounting... It's very hard indeed.

But God's blessings make rich, bro... Proverbs 10:22

Seek God's favour with all your heart.

Believe me, God's favour will make a way for you.

tnx for your word of WISDOM and encouragement... surviving as an orphan, 1st born, a father, is never easy
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
pillarmaria:

God bless your hustle Bro... I am also into graphics design and photography... Have you tried selling yourself out using facebook ads?

If you don't have money for ads then try using organic reach, you could be making facebook posts of your old jobs on groups related to what you offer.

The last paragraph got me confused. Could you kindly broaden your explanation.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

But having 3 children with that salary get as e be. I hope your wife is also working sha

for now NO, because there's no job apart from teaching n hotel work in this town except you got connections or have the money to buy a company slot
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
odimbannamdi:

I know VLA. A close friend works for First Bank through them. Keep hope alive, they are real and should reach out to you anytime. It is well, bro

I hope they do. Do you know the age limit? Thanks for the encouragement by the way.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

E go better my broda

Thank you, brother. Funny how man go plan life before end of service but it will turn out different. We keep pushing, no matter what.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by writeprof(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

That is false
Nigerians are no good people.
I can give you 1001 reasons.
Meanwhile, I said "some"

Your opinion, your experience grin I thank God I have encountered and continue to encounter GOOD NIGERIANS across the length and breadth of the country. So, I maintain without any iota of doubt that NIGERIANS ARE GOOD PEOPLE!

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
joyousever:
You could save from your salary for a few months or seek assistance from relatives to raise the amount.

I don't depend on any relative apart from ma late mom sisters being my aunts and it's jst well EVERYWHERE...
about saving from the peanut salary, there's nothing to save as the money used in buying foodstuff most times don't even last til 24th of every month
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Heroclitus(m): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
teacherbim:

There is nothing hard there, get a good supplier, start posting pictures of selling products on your Facebook,WhatsApp and Instagram status or pages, when you get a customer the wholesaler or supplier send on your behalf.
Let's assume that the product is 5k, when advertise it to customer at 8500,after payment, send the 5k to the supplier while you take your profit of 3500.
Imagine having 5k or more than everyday

How do you handle the issue of late delivery, I learnt it most times take 3 weeks for the goods to arrive at the customers doorpost.

would customers wanna wait that long?

Also one can't offer a "pay on delivery " too
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by illicit(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
nedekid:

You design flyer for you educational business, you no put address or even general location so someone will know if it is worth calling ie if near enough.

It's online
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by tagtaye: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Thanks for your respond am sorry i dont have a whatzapp phone please can i place u on call ?
Offpoint1:

You're welcome, I don't have access to my email... Kindly message me via WhatsApp, my contact is on my signature.

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

The issue is that a friend gave me the link to their site, because he also sat for their exam and was employed as a contract staff at the HQ of a notable bank in Nigeria. He said he got his score that same day after the exam, but me, I didn't, that's why I'm confused. I even sent them a mail, till date no reply.

@ The last sentence, please, what do you mean?
I prays its not the usual 'Teller' job
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by nedekid: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
illicit:

It's online
Oh ok. Great.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Offpoint1: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
tagtaye:
Thanks for your respond am sorry i dont have a whatzapp phone please can i place u on call ?
Yeah
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Tiwalade01: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Its just so difficult to survive with that, and thats why we need divine connections for better jobs
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

I prays it's not the usual 'Teller' job

I pray too. Will it be random placement? My old colleague said he chose ICT and that's where he was posted.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Famousdex1: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Too small
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

I pray too. Will it be random placement? My old colleague said he chose ICT and that's where he was posted.
And no, it's no random placement, you will be notify if there is a placement somewhere. Depend on where you choose.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2021
With the decline in revenue, inflation and policy inconsistency, it time you looks for a side hustle

This training is FREE where you will learn the entire basics you need to know about Cryp.to trading

I'll guide you through how you can open your own Binance account so you don't get into problems!

https://chat(dot)whatsapp(dot)com/D6Qmyt8x5Yr0hNd7YII7zy

Replace the "dot" with "."

ONLY 50 people after that I will revoke the link
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
bravehost4u:
Bet9ja helps in the deficit
grin
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by hairbyuj(f): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
MVLOX:
A person earning 30k at the end of the month should at least have like 2 to 3 side hustles else.....

Sir please like which type of side hustle will you advised?
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by hairbyuj(f): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
teacherbim:
If you are earning less than 100k, please get a side hustle, we are now in a digital World, you can start someother things without affecting your current job ,dropshipping is an example, just create an online store, you are good to start without any kobo.
May God help us in this country that seems there is no hope.

Please teach me the drop shipping business
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
HOPE HAVE KILLED NIGERIANS

They were born to hope

Grew to hope

Married on hope

Gave birth on hope

Raise their kids on hope

Died in hope

4 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by NarnieAceTech: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

And no, it's no random placement, you will be notify if there is a placement somewhere. Depend on where you choose.

Seems you were a successful candidate. I hope to be there some day. Did you do yours(the exam) online or at their HQ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

IPOB Referendum Rally In Malaga, Spain Today (Photos, Video) / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) / Delta Government Building Mechanic Village, Auto Spare Parts Market In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.