Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? (3822 Views)

If The Elections Were To Be Reconducted Today, Who Would You Vote For? / Northernization Agenda: How NLC Elections Were Rigged / Nba Elections Were Rigged: Lawyers' Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
See online poll:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585935.0.html

Buhari was far ahead in all credible online polls and should be president if not for massive rigging.

Nigerians do not have to accept these election results
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by okosodo: 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Did we vote online or on the field?

1 Like

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Genuine online polls cannot be rigged.

Did GEJ not have problems raise a crowd in his Lagos rally? That on on the ground, yet he won massively in Lagos angry

Nigerians shine your eyes angry

Stand up and demand your rights.

1 Like

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by dasa: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Where is your evidence. Yesterday you where hailing INEC and Jega. Now that you have lost, you want to destroy the country.

Buhari refuses to call for calm because he is a violent person.

Buhari did not even campaign in the south south. many people dont even know his party logo over there. its a big reason where he scored very low there. now he is claiming it was rigged.

Thank God buhari did not win. God has saved us.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by nwabobo: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
People are protesting where election was rigged. I am an Igbo from the South east and election was not rigged in my area hence we are happy and not protesting but the moment we get wind of any of our kith and kin being hurt by those malus, all hell will be let loose on your folks down here.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by dasa: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

Did GEJ not have problems raise a crowd in his Lagos rally? That on on the ground, yet he won massively in Lagos  angry

Nigerians shine your eyes angry

The people that voted for GEJ in lagos are not part of any political party. they are the general public who will not attend any rally wether they support you or not.

Please note that there are well over one million Ibo's in lagos. and most of them voted GEJ.

why cant you people be sensible.

Even in my polling station in Ikeja, the CPC agent said openly that she will vote GEJ but that she will make sure CPC interest is protected like she was instructed when she was hired.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Abagworo(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lmfao@95% turn out in SS and SE.

Lmfao@100% turnout in Bayelsa

Lmfao@PDP for getting 400000 in Jigawa

BIG LMFAO@ the entire election
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by hercules07: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Abagworo

Do not mind those PDP people, they rigged the elections with their huge turnout, no wahala sha, we shall all bear the brunt of people's decision in the next four years.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by mastro: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Elections Were Rigged Why Are We Not All Protesting?
« #2 on: Today at 12:56:17 PM »

Did GEJ not have problems raise a crowd in his Lagos rally? That on on the ground, yet he won massively in Lagos Angry

Nigerians shine your eyes Angry

What validity does an online poll of nairaland members have in the grand scheme of things, rather than screaming like a girl provide some evidence of large scale rigging or simply shut it and go cry in the corner.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why are we Nigerians so docile?

Remember t e saying that nobody can do any thing to you unless you let them.

the online polls demonstrate in lack and white / crystal clear, that elections were rigged and that the person Nigerians has not been anounced as President.

Business as usual angry
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by karlmax2: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^this why I continue to say that some people on naira land lack basic education
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Kilode1: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

Why are we Nigerians so docile?

Remember t e saying that nobody can do any thing to you unless you let them.

the online polls demonstrate in lack and white / crystal clear, that elections were rigged and that the person Nigerians has not been anounced as President.

Business as usual angry

My brother, please. If you want to make an argument about rigging, don't use online polls.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Reliable online polls cannot be rigged!

We need Egypt style protests in Nigeria!

@mastro you should provide evidence that Nairaland polls do not reflect the true opinion of Nigerians

mastro:

What validity does an online poll of nairaland members have in the grand scheme of things, rather than screaming like a girl provide some evidence of large scale rigging or simply shut it and go cry in the corner.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Kilode
Why not use online polls ?

They cannot be rigged if they are geniune as Nairaland's poll are.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Sunofgod(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW

So it is ok for 1 malam to come and vote with his 86 wives, 157 children, 16 goats and 13 cows - all casting CPC votes?

Fccuk You!!!

The Riggers were out Rigged and now the want to engage in violence?

They will soon see who's in charge.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3j3Ks3rjk[/flash]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/425354_goat_rigging_jpg831bf057f170f5745a6a651207e03ce8

1 Like

Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is the true winner of these elections.

Will there ever be democracy in Nigeria?

Why the lack of protest from the masses?

Do we not know how to protest and stand up our rights
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by tollu: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari
You sound very uninformed (i dont want to use a meaner word). How can you say the elections were rigged because Buhari won on online polls?
What percentage of Nigerians have access to the internet? The real people with all the voting power do not have access to all the internet propaganda and stuff.

Please and please if you have sensible facts lay them on the table and stop painting northerners as unreasonable people.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
okosodo:

Did we vote online or on the field?

Abi o ? All they do is post pictures of crowds telling us how buhari is so widely accepted.do all these buhari supporters think southerners will really vote a northerner over his fellow southerner ? I dey lavv
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
Now this is a new low. How can the OP make such outlandish claims? Is he referring to the Nairaland polls?

Team BB is painting itself badly with the way they are handling the post election process.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Beaf: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
The nation has decided, yet. . .
[size=49pt]Fools are crying.[/size]
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Kilode1: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

@Kilode
Why not use online polls ?

They cannot be rigged if they are geniune as Nairaland's poll are.

The reason is simple, just like I tried to explain to you before the election, On the average, People who vote online are most definitely more well to do, more educated and more exposed than the average Nigerian.

I just called family in Lagos and they did not know there was any riot in the North. why? No light for 3 day now!!

Online polls attract those of us who have access, some of us are in big Naija cities, most are abroad. Their support will probably go to Buhari and more progressive candidates because they are informed and not necessarily colored or influenced by the ethnic angle, It is simply not representative or scientific enough to conclude based on such limited poll of voters.

Also statistically, when survey participants make a conscious effort to participate in a survey, you have to factor in the bias that led to that decision.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by naso2(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
The OP was arguably the leader of the BB gang. People can now see how you guys reason. sorry ehn. i know say na the small change wey una use do advert for wazobia fm dey pain you.

Some BB supporters are burning houses in the north, while people like the OP are gloryfying artlessness on the web.

KAI BUHARI. the weeeping General. Big disgrace to the Nigerian armed forces.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Hanoobaba(m): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
@OP: You are a big f.o.o.l for telling me to leave the comfort of my room and start protesting about. Weyting be my own. Even if I were to protest then you will have to pay. Do you know how much a mercinery is earning on a daily basis in Libya: $1000 and how much do you think you get for signing up $10000 . If you can't afford that, case closed.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
To say that there is internet propaganda for Buhari is ridiculous.
GEJ had an army of agents on the internet trying to spread lies against Buhari yet the polls showed massive leads for Buhari.

Any way you look at it the Internet polls are a far truer reflections of how Nigerians voted, than these rigged elections results

@tollu
I am very much informed and I have an irrefutable argument for my stance

Several reliable online polls have shown Buhari has a massive lead  more than double the votes for GEJ.

To say that Nigerians do not have access to Internet is a weak counter-argument - so who voted online then ? Canadians?

Sad thing is that some BB supporters seem to have bought into the media propagands that the electiosn were credible and have forgotten what the online polls are saying.

Also Nigerians seem to have forgotten that the media have been well bribed  to deceive Nigerians and say htat  the rigged elections were credible
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=28pt]These elections were rigged

Who is going to tell me it is credible?

Who?
[/size]
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by squino(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ poster idiota loca, the whole of my polling unit of about a thousand plus i was the only one with knowledge of online polls.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by kasiem(m): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
For once my blame goes to gej 4 dis kind puerile post. This has really shown that our education is in dire need of attention.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
IF we continue to accept rigged elections then we must truely be a country of fools

Nigerian stand up for your rights!!

One of u GEJ supporter should  explain why all online polls can show Buhari with a massive lead and then come elections day GEJ wins with a massive margin.

Explain it please.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by ShangoThor(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=28pt]These elections were rigged

Who is going to tell me it is credible?

Who?
[/size]

Yes you are correct that there was rigging (fraudulent voting) on the part of our Northern non-compatriots by employing the services
of under age Voters to vote for CPC, but 'DESTINY' averted a CPC victory over GEJ that came into power from a minority group and was
installed as President by an "act of God".

How can anyone argue with an "act of God", without being religious, thats the legal term that describes the circumstances of his acsension.

Seriously, if you do not like it and feel so despondent to the point of ending your life, feel free to jump in the River Niger, or from your location I see that you're in the UK, hence you might prefer to jump in the River Thames, please opt to select whichever tickles your fancy.

Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be will be, the future is 'OURS' to see, Que Sera, Sera.
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Bawss1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Moderator!!! Check this type of trollish threads!!
Re: Elections Were Rigged; Why Are We Not All Protesting? by Mariory(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Child voters across the north. Is this not also election malpractice? Or are CPC allowed by law to rig?

The group also noted that “the problem of underage voting was widely observed in many polling units in Bauchi, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Plateau, Nasarawa and Taraba states. In Gombe State in particular, it was reported that irate youths attempted to lynch the Resident Electoral Commissioner and some journalists present who tried to intervene”.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/amid-presidential-poll-monitors-allege-intimidation-underage-voting/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

: DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos] / Tinubu Has Done It Again! !! / Difference Between Buhari And Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.