Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,152 members, 7,852,927 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo (23465 Views)

Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Pa Fasoranti In Akure / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Visits Maiduguri (photos) / Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by 4tomandchi: 4:54am On Apr 06, 2021
angry
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by danngnews: 5:05am On Apr 06, 2021
sarrki:

Stop pretending Asiwaju is running

He has paid his dues

They told you shut the fucck up, you no dey hear word? Haba.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by PigTormentor: 5:09am On Apr 06, 2021
OritoJasi:

You said the truth and nothing but. Baba Adebanjo and his Afenifere like-minds are responsible for the death of AD. AD died the day Adebanjo/Afenifere sold out the party and its candidates on a platter to OBJ on account of his second term ambition; OBJ had deceived them (AD and Afenifere) with a fake promise that the AD governors would be reelected unopposed if they supported his second term bid, only for him to use federal might to rig-out all of them (except Tinubu who had warned against the arrangement from the very beginning) and replaced them with PDP governors.

That incident killed AD and split the party afterwards. Tinubu was left with no other choice than to go solo by creating a separate machinery that singlehandedly /painstakingly won back those states one after the other after Afenifere's sellout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Pickieox(m): 5:12am On Apr 06, 2021
If Tinubu eventually become the next president a k a chief looters of the Niger Area. What will be the Yoruba gain sef? Rather than clamouring towards achieving good governance, they are playing politics not different from their fathers' fathers...tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by danilmo: 5:54am On Apr 06, 2021
Pickieox:
If Tinubu eventually become the next president a k a chief looters of Niger Area. What will be the Yoruba gain sef? Rather than clamouring towards achieving good governance, they are playing politics not different from their fathers' father's...tueh!

Mention someone better than Tinubu then.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by clothingonline(m): 6:33am On Apr 06, 2021
Great to see this union
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Femeto: 6:45am On Apr 06, 2021
Tinubu would kill if possible to be President. This man is desperate.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by mamaafrik(m): 6:51am On Apr 06, 2021
Baba were,sees all as an opportunity,death dey eff up big time,he get people wey hin suppose don help us harvest
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Pickieox(m): 6:53am On Apr 06, 2021
danilmo:

Mention someone better than Tinubu then.

You think I will fall into your trap-pit of argument? It's too early for this brother...
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by naija4life247: 6:55am On Apr 06, 2021
It's getting serious. Afenifebi is the only featger weight opposition that Tinubu has in the South West, the other is Obasanjo, now Tinubu is cornering the two blocks.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by naija4life247: 6:58am On Apr 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Tinubu is eating both feaces and shits ... all for 2023.. grin

He must contest apc primaries...
Let him not eat all this poo and chicken out tomorrow
Because he will... we all know

But we want him to prove he’s not a coward..
He must contest
No excuses
No twist of narratives

What are you eating? Pusssy or poison?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2021
Nice development, heartwarming too.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by duality(m): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2021
sarrki:

National leader of All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu visits acting national leader of pan-Yoruba Socio-Cultural group, Afenifere,

Chief Ayo Adebanjo over the death of Yinka Odumakin..

Are you not one of those who insult Afenifere because of Tinubu?

I see such insults on this forum.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by orisa37: 7:22am On Apr 06, 2021
We are watching and waiting for the one who replaces Yinka Odumakin..
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by NSK4U(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2021
Since it's all a trick for 2023, let the tour continue, chief Bode George is next
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by maak400: 7:29am On Apr 06, 2021
LegendHero:
It doesn’t make sense that the death of one of our own is what made Asiwaju and Pa Adebanjo meet each other.

The two of them should settle their differences for the betterment of the Yoruba nation.

I commend Asiwaju for reaching out.
Tinubu boy, are you now in support of Yoruba nation? Wether tinubu and other selfish Yoruba politicians like it or not, Yoruba nation will become a reality, there's no going back.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by focus7: 7:33am On Apr 06, 2021
Asgard13:

Tinubu is eating both feaces and shits ... all for 2023.. grin

He must contest apc primaries...
Let him not eat all this poo and chicken out tomorrow
Because he will... we all know

But we want him to prove he’s not a coward..
He must contest
No excuses
No twist of narratives

You're just desperate to be noticed. Is ok you're noticed now, any more thing?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Coolsphinx: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2021
Having divergent opinions on political issues should not make the both of them enemies, it shows how political sagacious the Yorubas are as an ethnic group, these politicians are smarter than most of us, the way we see things is not how they see things, they know it's a game and they are good at what they do, if tomorrow another political party should take over the reigns of affairs of Nigeria, PA Ayo will be a major stakeholder there and he will not allow any evil befall Tinubu, if they are always on the same side and their side out, then they have lost out completely, now look Saraki and his sister in different political parties, does that make them enemies? Even Wike and Amaechi are not enemies as they portray the image, likewise Kwankwaso and Ganduje are not enemies, when Rochas was the Governor of Imo State then he has having serious issues with Wike but recently the both of them were together having good time in Rochas abode, it's only the poor masses that are enemies to one another, these big boys are not enemies, they just play out a script to give us something to talk about. May God grant Yinka Odumakin's soul eternal rest.
Nexus25:
I hope the death of the outspoken Odumakin will bring Tinubu and Afenifere to a roundtable where grievances will be tabled and genuine desire for reconciliation will be discussed. We are better together, at the end of day, the good of Yoruba nation is what we all desire though our different approaches may differ.

Long live Afenifere

Long live Tinubu

Long live Yoruba nation

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Eriokanmi: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2021
BigSarah:
Pdp afenifere when will he visit the Apc faction

There’s a pissed off bode George somewhere
Big Sarah miii cheesy. Abeg leave bode alone. He still feels disgruntled
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by myhotbrain: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2021
richiemcgold:
Baba pls help us tell asiwaju to drop his 2023 ambition for osinbajo. BAT isn't fit enough to lead a '21st century economy like Nigeria to prosperity. PYO will make a better president than him; no doubt.

I am with you on this: 100%
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Jackson105: 8:01am On Apr 06, 2021
Asgard13:
Tinubu forcing relationships that’s never worked..

Tinubu must contest....
no excuses
No twisting
No change of narratives...

Adebanjo no send a.m... and won’t send him

I am just pitying you here, your life must be really sad, how come the only thing in your brain is Yoruba and Tinubu. It is a pity. I hope you get the needed help.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Goke7: 8:07am On Apr 06, 2021
hope this papa will be happy now as his major grouse with tinubu is simple recognition and attention
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Goke7: 8:19am On Apr 06, 2021
ivolt:
Is this real?
I didn't think Adebanjo would host him.

we yorubas don't play very bitter politics like other tribes, tinubu will even visit bode George in his house if need be.

I remembered when tinubu visited Gani fawehinmi when he was sick despite how Gani went really hard on tinubu on the Chicago university wahala.

This is why some of us berated seyi makinde on the way he handled issues after ajumobi's death, it's not the Yoruba way at all. In any typical yoruba setting or family, occasions bring friends and foes together whether it's a wedding, burial, or whatever, that's our way, anything short of this is not accepted. Personally, I was forced to visit a bereaved family despite the evil they did to my family. I was made to understand by some very wise elders that I will only make things worse if I don't do so. And I must confess that it also made me forgive them every easily after I visited. That's our way and culture.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by MENELIIK: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2021
Asgard13:
Tinubu forcing relationships that’s never worked..

Tinubu must contest....
no excuses
No twisting
No change of narratives...

Adebanjo no send a.m... and won’t send him

You don go drink that Enugu water again

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by muykem: 9:07am On Apr 06, 2021
Q
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by chloride6: 9:11am On Apr 06, 2021
Ayo Adebanjo body go come down
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by onyeogalu1(m): 9:23am On Apr 06, 2021
OritoJasi:

You said the truth and nothing but. Baba Adebanjo and his Afenifere like-minds are responsible for the death of AD. AD died the day Adebanjo/Afenifere sold out the party and its candidates on a platter to OBJ on account of his second term ambition; OBJ had deceived them (AD and Afenifere) with a fake promise that the AD governors would be reelected unopposed if they supported his second term bid, only for him to use federal might to rig-out all of them (except Tinubu who had warned against the arrangement from the very beginning) and replaced them with PDP governors.

That incident killed AD and split the party afterwards. Tinubu was left with no other choice than to go solo by creating a separate machinery that singlehandedly /painstakingly won back those states one after the other after Afenifere's sellout.

But you don't expect Afenifere to abandoned OBJ during that second term bid, considering his opponent is from the north unlike 1999 when you have Chief Olu.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by onyeogalu1(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2021
seunmsg:

Pa Ayo Adebanjo is a very difficult and stubborn man. Tinubu has reached out to him severally for truce without success.

During the 90th birthday celebration of Adebanjo, Tinubu attended and praised the old man. He praised him for helping him get the AD ticket back then and even joked that he took after him in terms of stubbornness.

But you see that old man, he’s unforgiving. He’s still blaming Tinubu for what happened to AD despite the role he and others played in selling the party to Obasanjo.

Tinubu should continue to reach to him and other members. Pa Adebanjo is the father for now. Besides most African fathers find it difficult to so sorry even when they know they are wrong. Tinubu is the son while Pa Adebanjo is the father.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by yusluvad(m): 9:38am On Apr 06, 2021
This Tinubu is everywhere you go...
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Shizzyguy: 9:55am On Apr 06, 2021
richiemcgold:
Baba pls help us tell asiwaju to drop his 2023 ambition for osinbajo. BAT isn't fit enough to lead a '21st century economy like Nigeria to prosperity. PYO will make a better president than him; no doubt.

I personally don't think BAT will run. It's obvious he is eyeing that office but I see him dropping his ambition for someone else.
Re: Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Ayo Adebanjo by Johncuppa(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2021
LegendHero:

Nawa o. I can see that he feels deep animosity towards Asiwaju.

However Baba is old already, I think he should make peace.

It’s not necessarily he should be on Asiwaju side if he doesn’t want that, but at least make peace and stop all the name calling every time bi ekun apokoje.
The thing is, the Afeniferes want a redundant politics while Tinubu is a strategist who believed in dynamism for advancement especially in a political game.
It's like coexisting a firm with short sighted person and a global one.
Tinubu is not a saint though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud / 9th NASS: Why Okorocha Was Denied Accreditation - Clerk, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.