Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

- Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (2349 Views)

Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / Murano And It's Gearbox Problems / Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: by Chukwujohn(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Dear op, has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
embarassed
Re: by seanfer(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
gwealthjnr:
So my less than 1yr Lexus es330 (tokunbo) recently started jerking and accelerating not correctly, you’d hear the sound of the car firing, without it moving accordingly. One time, it literally stopped and didn’t move while I was still gassing. Took it to the Mechanic and it read an error code, saying faulty pressure control transmission solenoid. I’m actually more than bothered right now about whether it’s a not so serious and fixable problem. My mechanic introduced me to someone who says he can fix it, in my mechanics words, the supposed guy should be able to fix it. I want expert opinion on this whole issue please. Gazzuzz and the rest of the gurus in the house, please help a brother

Why not google the codes. By doing so you will have knowledge of to do. Don’t let the mechanics open office for your head ooo
Re: by dicksonadams(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
YouTube
Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
gwealthjnr:
So my less than 1yr Lexus es330 (tokunbo) recently started jerking and accelerating not correctly, you’d hear the sound of the car firing, without it moving accordingly. One time, it literally stopped and didn’t move while I was still gassing. Took it to the Mechanic and it read an error code, saying faulty pressure control transmission solenoid . I’m actually more than bothered right now about whether it’s a not so serious and fixable problem. My mechanic introduced me to someone who says he can fix it, in my mechanics words, the supposed guy should be able to fix it. I want expert opinion on this whole issue please. Gazzuzz and the rest of the gurus in the house, please help a brother

Replace transmission

3 Likes

Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2021
Chukwujohn:
Dear op, has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: by DMechy: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
gwealthjnr:
So my less than 1yr Lexus es330 (tokunbo) recently started jerking and accelerating not correctly, you’d hear the sound of the car firing, without it moving accordingly. One time, it literally stopped and didn’t move while I was still gassing. Took it to the Mechanic and it read an error code, saying faulty pressure control transmission solenoid. I’m actually more than bothered right now about whether it’s a not so serious and fixable problem. My mechanic introduced me to someone who says he can fix it, in my mechanics words, the supposed guy should be able to fix it. I want expert opinion on this whole issue please. Gazzuzz and the rest of the gurus in the house, please help a brother

Like gazuzz advised, replace transmission and save yourself the headache.

40% of the time, transmission repair ends with spanners flying around and someone getting locked up.

It is doable, can you be patient enough with the repair guy to change another sets of fiber or valve body that will make the vehicle sharper than it was from the last repair. Or will you be able to accept that the transmission is better off than you brought it. At least e dey reach gear 3, na 4 and 5 e no select. Before, only gear 1 dey select. So oga drive am, it will improve, the oil needs to circulate.

5 Likes

Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
DMechy:

40% of the time, transmission repair ends with spanners flying around and someone getting locked up.

It is doable, can you be patient enough with the repair guy to change another sets of fiber or valve body that will make the vehicle sharper than it was from the last repair. Or will you be able to accept that the transmission is better off than you brought it. At least e dey reach gear 3, na 4 and 5 e no select. Before, only gear 1 dey select. So oga drive am, it will improve, the oil needs to circulate.

Dem don really show this brother somtin grin

2 Likes

Re: by DMechy: 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

grin na my work, i always outsourced transmission jobs, they gave more headaches than worthy jobs that pays bills. Since them wan spoil my small name. I kuku cancel anything repair. If i scan, i just see solenoid. Forgerrit, replace. This is after changing transmission fluid to see if it improves.

Like i said, transmission repairs are doable. If done right. The question is, who will fix it right?

Transmission overhaul, and engine rebuild is a sector in Nigeria's auto repair sector that has not been fully harnessed. There's so much money to be made there. The interesting part is, repair manuals cover overhauls, and it is practical and doable.

My problem is, this guys i have used before, with good recommendations and good self appraisals have not won me over 2 times on several occasions. They just wash everything with kerosene, pack everything back with a little sand sand. And some missing bolts and seals that they dont know where they came from. And fiam, boss, drive it. It is now ok. And they are never ok.

7 Likes

Re: by melviniyke2002(m): 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
DMechy:

grin na my work, i always outsourced transmission jobs, they gave more headaches than worthy jobs that pays bills. Since them wan spoil my small name. I kuku cancel anything repair. If i scan, i just see solenoid. Forgerrit, replace. This is after changing transmission fluid to see if it improves.

Like i said, transmission repairs are doable. If done right. The question is, who will fix it right?

Transmission overhaul, and engine rebuild is a sector in Nigeria's auto repair sector that has not been fully harnessed. There's so much money to be made there. The interesting part is, repair manuals cover overhauls, and it is practical and doable.

My problem is, this guys i have used before, with good recommendations and good self appraisals have not won me over 2 times on several occasions. They just wash everything with kerosene, pack everything back with a little sand sand. And some missing bolts and seals that they dont know where they came from. And fiam, boss, drive it. It is now ok. And they are never ok.
grin
Re: by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace transmission
The major fear my mechanic has is that he claims it isn’t any easy to get a new perfectly working gearbox, despite the fact they’re so expensive
Re: by samally: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I think the man is right in this discussion...
before kazeem send my avensis 2007 to early grave..
it always disengaged from gear when on top i was told to replace the transmission in which i did, but jacking bad when changing from 1-2...

i told them to return back the previous transmission..
went back to bush...leave the car behind for my neighbor bcus, i was piss off of the car..i was told Toyota is the best

to my surprise everything drive normal when i came back..
i asked what him..he said nothing just driving it around..

kindly note ..
it was water that mix with the transmission oil ,which cause sleply...

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Replace transmission
So I’m considering replacing as advised but the mechanic says 13pin gearbox are a game of luck, that they’d advise me to replace my 13pin with 10pin. Is that a good option?
Re: by Aanumi16: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
gwealthjnr:

So I’m considering replacing as advised but the mechanic says 13pin gearbox are a game of luck, that they’d advise me to replace my 13pin with 10pin. Is that a good option?

It will end in tears. Don't replace with 10 pin. I am sure Gazzuzz can recommend to you a better seller.
Re: by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
gwealthjnr:

please and please, stick with the 13 pin jejely,
Re: by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aanumi16:

It will end in tears. Don't replace with 10 pin. I am sure Gazzuzz can recommend to you a better seller.
MASTAkiLLAh:
please and please, stick with the 13 pin jejely,
Okay, thanks
Re: by GreenWorld: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Glad I saw this thread. Please expert in the house, what is your advice for the following scan result codes for a Sienna 2006

PO 741 - torque converter clutch circuit performance / stuck off

PO 776 - pressure control solenoid B performance / stuck off
Re: by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:09am On Apr 07, 2021
gwealthjnr:
So I’m updating this thread as I’m contemplating selling off the car instead. Here are a few pictures of the car. It was bought in October last year. As stated in topic, the only problem is the gearbox embarassed

Name your price....

Price? Location? Vin? Mileage? Underbody condition? Engine service history? Ownership info (any other users) .
Re: by dicksonadams(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2021
Price please
Re: by Inception(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2021
DMechy:

You need to write a memoir

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: by Inception(m): 8:20am On Apr 07, 2021
gwealthjnr:
So I’m updating this thread as I’m contemplating selling off the car instead. Here are a few pictures of the car. It was bought in October last year. As stated in topic, the only problem is the gearbox embarassed

Name your price....

Chai ... this is painful.

OP see if you can bring the ride to lagos and meet some tech gurus here.

I would also advise replace, but at least with some degree of certainty.

Selling this clean car is not the best bro( cars are really expensive these days).

At least with 300-500k this car would be fixed for good.
Re: by DMechy: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2021
Inception:

You need to write a memoir

grin grin grin

Like you mentioned it now, i am really thinking about it. Plenty tory lipsrsealed
Re: by DMechy: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2021
GreenWorld:
Glad I saw this thread. Please expert in the house, what is your advice for the following scan result codes for a Sienna 2006

Change transmission fluid and strainer. Your Sienna should use type TIV, use mannol, or Aisin Multigrade fluid. Toyota's fluid is the best, but i dont trust our people.

If you cant find mannol, or Aisin Type TIV, by direct toyota type TIV,

Do not make a bad situation worse by using Holt, mobil, or Abro. Just forget the transmission after that anointing. It will drive and better for 1 month, and fry the transmission.

If it does not get better, replace transmission

You got this counsel free of charge cool

1 Like

Re: by 9icetoo(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2021
GreenWorld:

Replace trans fluid first, replace filter. If it doesn't improve, hear what other gurus have to say.

I've done this on a p0776 issue at ore and car continued to the east after changing trans oil and filter. Till date, car is still in use by owner.
Re: by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Inception:

Chai ... this is painful.

OP see if you can bring the ride to lagos and meet some tech gurus here.

I would also advise replace, but at least with some degree of certainty.

Selling this clean car is not the best bro( cars are really expensive these days).

At least with 300-500k this car would be fixed for good.
It’s just the uncertainty that’s scaring me, along with careless mechanics
Re: by seanfer(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
gwealthjnr:
It’s just the uncertainty that’s scaring me, along with careless mechanics

message Gazzuzz onn whatsapp and listen to his advise... He will be very blunt with you on private chat then after you can decide if you still want to sell the car.. My advise is if he accept to source gear for you just pay him and have rest of mind..
Re: by osmeka: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
seanfer:

message Gazzuzz onn whatsapp and listen to his advise... He will be very blunt with you on private chat then after you can decide if you still want to sell the car.. My advise is if he accept to source gear for you just pay him and have rest of mind..

How can you ask him to seek for solution from someone who is interested in buying same car. What kind of advice do you expect him to get?

1 Like

Re: by seanfer(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
osmeka:

How can you ask him to seek for solution from someone who is interested in buying same car. What kind of advice do you expect him to get?

This is where he is different from others. If the OP seek for his service he will tell the OP the truth and it’s left for him to either fix or sell. Just because he showed interest doesn’t mean he can’t act professionally also.
I am not vouching for Gazzuzz but outside nairaland he is not your everyday mokalik. Some people I know outside here who are not even on nairaland have good recommendation about him.
Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
gwealthjnr:

Name your price....

I just looked at the pics again , I Sabi this workshop well. It's right on the express! On the side of the road from Lagos.

My self and my 190 were there over a year ago.

Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
osmeka:

Life no too hard like that. He has asked and I have given him unbiased advice and also made an offer for the vehicle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Notorious Murano CVT / Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water / Between A Mercedes And A Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.