Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,527 members, 7,854,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

- Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (2425 Views)

Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / Murano And It's Gearbox Problems / Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
cheesy grin
That’s the same workshop. He happens to be best mechanic we have here I’d think as well as their union chairman.
GAZZUZZ:

I just looked at the pics again , I Sabi this workshop well. It's right on the express! On the side of the road from Lagos.

My self and my 190 were there over a year ago.
Re: by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2021
seanfer:

message Gazzuzz onn whatsapp and listen to his advise... He will be very blunt with you on private chat then after you can decide if you still want to sell the car.. My advise is if he accept to source gear for you just pay him and have rest of mind..
I have, so far he’s been very helpful
Re: by asamwababy: 8:57am On Apr 08, 2021
[s][/s]
Inception:

Chai ... this is painful.

OP see if you can bring the ride to lagos and meet some tech gurus here.

I would also advise replace, but at least with some degree of certainty.
[s]
Selling this clean car is not the best bro( cars are really expensive these days).[/s]

At least with 300-500k this car would be fixed for good.

OP, be careful with some advice you receive here.

This same person had an es350 with a bad gearbox and he hurriedly sold it.

If selling it will give you more peace then its your choice to make.
Re: by Inception(m): 11:04am On Apr 08, 2021
asamwababy:
[s][/s]

OP, be careful with some advice you receive here.

This same person had an es350 with a bad gearbox and he hurriedly sold it.

If selling it will give you more peace then its your choice to make.

I was graciously given the offer to even replace the gearbox( for cheap), with the only significant cost coming from transporting back to Lagos.
I sold because over a short while i got bored with the car( It was/ is everywhere!). It was majorly an emotional decision

So i had both choices. I am only suggesting to OP from a logical standpoint. Selling the car is also logical. Whether he listens to me or not is left to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Decide. Range Rover Sport , Lexus GX470,Acura MDX or Mitsubishi Endeavor / Nigeria's First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets-cnn / Do Court Affidavit And Police Report Have To Be Renewed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.