Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (25659 Views)

Buhari And Osinbajo Flaunt Their Certificates Of Return Issued By Jega (photos) / PDP's Orubebe Disrupts Results Announcement By Jega / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Limaoscar: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
quote]Yeah, Goodluck won and the margin was no joke.  That's the power of money & tribe, I guess.   [quote][/quote]

Seun, my question to you is if Buhari or any of the constestants had won what would you have ascribed the Margin to.

For your information the fact that Buhari won massively in the North and GEJ won massively in the South-South, South-East, South-West, Middle-belt and at least 25%(1/4) of most Northern state has voided your "guess". You should rather associate such statements wrt to Buhari's pattern of wins up North.

By the way, You of all People should know that when you make a statement like this you ought to first weigh them carefully. I am not in the Country at this Moment but I do take out time to read and call credible non partisan individuals to give me feed back and their analysis of the election and one common trend with all the reports I've got so far is that this is the Most transparent, Most free and Fairest election we've had since the birth of our democray. It gave me joy and my thoughts went straight to the year Abiola/Kingibe won and were robbed. I pray we never, ever go back to those sort of dark days. We're are not completely there yet but at least we're taking some Baby steps of our own and  I'm fine with that. I  don't want us to wind-up like one Ivory Coast or some Neo-colonial state.

Now, we have some madness erupting up North of our Country over the elections. Not even South West famous for post electoral civil unrest as we know in the dim past has burst a nerve even when their Candidiate didn't win, that is civilisation.

It's now every opportunity up North to Kill Non-Hausas, "Kill all Christians" (as Mobinga would say on this forum), Kill Yorubas and Ibo's who reside up North because of their enterprising Spirit, and you won't spare a thought on issues like that? Na wa o!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by landlord01(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
The best names start wit J - like JEHOVA, when He wanted 2 choose d father of his ppl, He chose JACOB. To bless Jacob's children, He blessed JOSEPH. To lead His ppl to d promise land, He sent JOSHUA. When He wanted to save Nineve, He sent JONAH. And to save world, He sent JOHN d Baptist to fore-run for JESUS,the son of JOSEPH from d tribe of JUDAH who lived in JERUSALEM.2save Nigeria He sent JEGA to anchor 4 JONATHAN
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by enyojo(f): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by HamidO1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
The election was largely free and fair. I like the process unfortunately not the product. One unproductive party for 16years is just unbelievable. It shows how educated our people are. I love Jega
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by honeric01(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
@jmaine

This is what i hate about Nigerians and politics, because he didn't win, you now feel like calling him names? disgraced? how do you mean? a 6 months old party beat parties with more than 10 years in existence, threatened the ruling party with all the money to campaign and do the undoables? yet you called Buhari a disgraced man? he shook a 13 years old party with all the money in Nigeria at their disposal.

All the same, i want all that was listed below done for me and Nigerians, there are our fundamental rights.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by hbrednic: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
landlord01:

The best names start wit J - like JEHOVA, when He wanted 2 choose d father of his ppl, He chose JACOB. To bless Jacob's children, He blessed JOSEPH. To lead His ppl to d promise land, He sent JOSHUA. When He wanted to save Nineve, He sent JONAH. And to save world, He sent JOHN d Baptist to fore-run for JESUS,the son of JOSEPH from d tribe of JUDAH who lived in JERUSALEM.2save Nigeria He sent JEGA to anchor 4 JONATHAN
GOODLUCK 4 U,BADLUCK 4 BOOOHARI
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

The election was largely free and fair. I like the process unfortunately not the product. One unproductive party for 16years is just unbelievable. It shows how educated our people are. I love Jega

This is not the choice of your people. Here is my personal experience:

I didn't go 4 d senatorial poll because I don't blive in any of the candidate of all the parties. But I voted in this presidential polls and was I was rudely shocked to see that the check-box for the NASS polls against my name was ticked. Meaning that someone had thumb-printed in my name for one of d candidates (my guess is PDP is d culprit, which is the party that swept all the seats in my area).

Then, I came across this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5JSE1YrCs which confirmes my suspicion.

The unproductive party has perfected the act of riging over time (12yrs). They are the master rigers.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by londoner: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Cireleh, are you really shocked that GEJ got more than 90 % in Igbo states?

Did you expect 10% to go to CPC or ACN? Seriously, I doubt many Igbo people are shocked or suspicious about upwards of 90% going to GEJ.

It looks as if most of the votes which PDP did not get, went to CPC , that was more of a surprise to me actually.

@Buhari supporters, try and accept this amicably. There is no need to display sour grapes. At the end of the day Nigerians need to pull together to make the best out of a a bad situation.

Whether GEJ or Buhari, Nigeria is stuck between a rock and a hard place, neither of the two are fantastic candidates IMO.

Nigerians had a very difficult decision to make and they made it.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by SkyBlue1: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
gists:

I didn't go 4 d senatorial poll because I don't blive in any of the candidate of all the parties. But I voted in this presidential polls and was I was rudely shocked to see that the check-box for the NASS polls against my name was ticked. Meaning that someone had thumb-printed in my name for one of d candidates (my guess is PDP is d culprit, which is the party that swept all the seats in my area).

The unproductive party has perfected the act of riging over time (12yrs). They are the master rigers.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do when you found out?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by hbrednic: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
gists:

LAMENTATION CHAPTER 1,VERSE 24  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by jchuckc(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2011

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega
« #57 on: Today at 09:25:43 PM »

Ndi Igbo practically handed the presidency to Good luck Jonathan. Almost 100% block vote was recorded in all the South East States

This is how they voted:

ABIA                                             98.96%                                                      1,175,984

ANAMBRA                                      98.96%                                                      1,145,169

DELTA**                                       98.59%                                                      1,378,851

EBONYI                                          95.57%                                                      480,592

ENUGU                                           98.54%                                                      802,144

IMO                                               97.98%                                                      1,381,357

SUBTOTAL                                                                                                      6,364,097

Ndi Igbo in Lagos (45%); Rivers (45%); Plateau (40%); Kaduna (30%) Kano (15 %); FCT (50%) and other states further strengthened the margin as follows:

LAGOS                            40% of 67.19% of PDP vote                                         512,675

RIVERS                           45% of 98.32% of PDP vote                                         817,992

PLATEAU                         50% of 73.47% of PDP vote                                         514.932

KADUNA                         15% of 46.62% of PDP vote                                          180,000

KANO                             10% of 16.7% of PDP vote                                            263,398

FCT                               40% of 65.31% of PDP vote                                           116,418

Others                          7.5% of Total PDP votes in other states                          800,000

SUB TOTAL                                                                                                     3,205,415

GRAND TOTAL                                                                                                 9,569,512

APPROX** 9 MILLION VOTES (CONSIDERING OTHER ETHINICITY IN DELTA STATE)

@EzeCanada: Seems u know very little about the demographics of northern nigeria. Plateau's population is about 70-80% indigenous christians, yes there are many ibos in plateau, but they are of course not up to 5%, Kaduna's population is also abt 45 - 50% indigenous christians, the same goes for Adamawa, Nassarawa and many other states. Even Bauchi state that is considered a core northern state has up to 20% indigenous christians. As such the Ibos played their part, but kudos has to be given to the often ignored but stratetigically placed indigenous christian population in the north!
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by planetuzor(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
When Goodluck bcomes Returning president, let Him Impose a Law on the northerners to Go TO SCHOOL BY FORCE or SMELL PRISON,

SO that Illiteracy level there will be less, So we will not be hearing those unnecessary rioting and killings happening there every time!!!!!!!

Expecially KANO,KASTINA, MAIDUGURI,ZARIA,JOS, and KADUNA
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
hbrednic:

LAMENTATION CHAPTER 1,VERSE 24  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am not lamenting. We're in this sinking boat together for another 4 yrs headed by an empty/clueless head. But I sincerely hope that I'm wrong for the good/sake of the country.

Sky Blue:

Just out of curiosity, what did you do when you found out?
I complained to the officials, but going by their response/attitude and knowing I'm not voting for "their son" (no secrecy in my polling station) and the potential implication to my safety, I decided to just cast the my vote and left in one piece. I know I didn't take the best action, but I left with my life.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by londoner: 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
@gists, what did you do when you found out? Or did you leave it because you figured the vote went to GEJ and you were planning to vote for him anyway?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
londoner:

@gists, what did you do when you found out? Or did you leave it because you figured the vote went to GEJ and you were planning to vote for him anyway?
I complained to the officials, but going by their response/attitude and knowing I'm not voting for "their son" (no secrecy in my polling station) and the potential implication to my safety, I decided to just cast the my vote and left in one piece. I know I didn't take the best action, but I left with my life.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by owopepper(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
cry
well said i believe less in this results and know its all a shame that PDP could succeed in fooling Nigerians again with the Jonathan thing., people should have asked themselves what this party will do in 4 years different from what it is doing., Jonathan cannot drive the tool of the office of the presidency alone and we have seen how strong the party's influence is on the office of the presidency., it is sadning to know that learned nigerians still blindly vote for PDP knowing its going to still be same of same.  WHAT A SAD ENDING FOR THE MUCH NOISED CHANGE,
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by HamidO1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
planetuzor link=topic=649594.msg8158705#msg8158705 [quote author=planetuzor:

When Goodluck bcomes Returning president, let Him Impose a Law on the northerners to Go TO SCHOOL BY FORCE or SMELL PRISON,

SO that Illiteracy level there will be less, So we will not be hearing those unnecessary rioting and killings happening there every time!!!!!!!

AIT just showed otueke i.e GEJ's hometown about an hour ago. Kids were shown hawking and no one interviewed spoke good English. He probably has more work to do at home than any of the places you listed.
As one of GEJ's adverts say ' I have no shoe'; most of the kids shown were working bare footed.
Check yourself well before pointing fingers.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by ideylaff: 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
WHEN THE MAJORITY HAS SPOKEN, WHAT CAN THE MINORITY LIKE US DO?
DEMOCRACY IS SIMPLY 'MAJORITY HAVING THEIR WAY WHILE MINORITY HAVE THEIR SAY'
IF THE MAJORITY (WHETHER REAL OR RIGGED) SAY THEY ARE NOT MINDING THE PARTY THAT HAS INFLICTED UNTOLD HARDSHIP ON THEM FOR 12 YEARS, AND THEY DECIDE TO CONNIVE WITH CORRUPT CABALS TO RETURN THE SAME PARTY ELECTED FOR ANOTHER 4 TORTUOUS YEARS, SO BE IT. AS FOR ME, I AM COMFORTABLE BEING IN THE OPPOSITION BECAUSE IN THE MATTER OF WEEKS, SHAME WILL NOT ALLOW YOU BANDWAGON UMBULERRAS TO SHOW FACE ON NAIRALAND

GBAM, WELL SAID, Thanks @enyojo
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by vicenzo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Bros i dey feel you,but how do we fit Jeroboam and Jezebel into this your formula.Btw,i am an igbo and supports GEJ like my tribemen.
landlord01:

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by MAYOWAAK: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
landlord01:

What about Judas Iscariot?
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
planetuzor:

You should ask first of all, how many functional schools are in Bayelsa. How to what extent are they covered by the national grid before asking him to to build schools for the north. I don't think anyone can't give what you don't have
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by Teaser4(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
4uck buhari and all his supporters, They wont get away with it.enough killings of brothers and sisters in the north.whl some of them work freely here, am from the southwest, and me and team av organise a retaliative tactics, to kill as many 4ucking hausas in our environ, Am in OGUN precisely watch out for the breaking news 2mao, we go start from those 'fine baras' later we will storm 'sabo' and markets,if u av any hausa friend,or ur hausa family live in abeokuta, Go and dig there Graves, 4uck hausa u shall all perish,4uck Lugard for amalgamating us, we shall seee
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by planetuzor(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hamid O:

AIT just showed otueke i.e GEJ's hometown about an hour ago. Kids were shown hawking and no one interviewed spoke good English. He probably has more work to do at home than any of the places you listed.
As one of GEJ's adverts say ' I have no shoe'; most of the kids shown were working bare footed.
Check yourself well before pointing fingers.

Ur notherners has been in power since the inception of nigeria, Now tell me what have they done in terms of education to ur nothern states,
Thank 2 GEJ for a credible election, Now watch the next 4 yrs and see improvement in both bayelsa and all nothern states, U better support him now than FORMING BRUCELY
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by passyjango(m): 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

What about Judas Iscariot?

Add Jezebel to the list. Don't mind sorcerers.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Teaser4:

4uck buhari and all his supporters,  They wont get away with it.enough killings of brothers and sisters in the north.whl some of them work freely here, am from the southwest, and me and team av organise a retaliative tactics, to kill as many 4ucking hausas in our environ,  Am in OGUN precisely watch out for the breaking news 2mao, we go start from those 'fine baras' later we will storm 'sabo' and markets,if u av any hausa friend,or your hausa family live in abeokuta,  Go and dig there Graves,  4uck hausa u shall all perish,4uck Lugard for amalgamating us, we shall seee

Trust me, you will spend the rest of your life in Elewe eran. Thereafter, spend the rest of eternity in hell together with the killers in the north.

planetuzor:

your notherners has been in power since the inception of nigeria, Now tell me what have they done in terms of education to your nothern states,  
Thank 2 GEJ for a credible election,   Now watch the next 4 yrs and see improvement in both bayelsa and all nothern states, U better support him now than FORMING BRUCELY

GEJ was governor in Bayelsa for how many yrs and president for over a year and we didn't see the improvement you're talking about (It didn't take Fashola 12 months b4 Lagocians stated seeing dividemds. Face it we made the wrong choice and we'll all bear the consequence.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by goggs(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
I ,didnt vote for Jonathan in the general election, mainly because I didnt think that PDP deserved another 4 years.

However, I Knew that Buhari would not win. He concentrated in the North and neglected other places. He thought that Nigeria started in Kastina and ended in Kaduna. Even in the north he neglected the north central areas of plateau, taraba, benue and kogi. He paid dearly for it. He should have campaigned less in the north and make forays in the south east, south west, and north central. Maybe if he spent more time in those areas people would have understood his message  and it would disabuse their minds as to the kind of person that he is.

His supporters too didnt help matters. Buhari, to them, was a symbol of the means to reclaim power effortless. Lessons to be learnt is that no region can 'go it alone'. All sections of the country should be accorded respect when it comes to a shot at the top office
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by jmaine: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
honeric01:

@jmaine

This is what i hate about Nigerians and politics, because he didn't win, you now feel like calling him names? disgraced? how do you mean? a 6 months old party beat parties with more than 10 years in existence, threatened the ruling party with all the money to campaign and do the undoables? yet you called Buhari a disgraced man? he shook a 13 years old party with all the money in Nigeria at their disposal.

All the same, i want all that was listed below done for me and Nigerians, there are our fundamental rights.

Where true adults voted . .he was found wanting . . .he was only able to make a good headway by cajoling toddlers like the little chap below to vote for him . . .

Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by hbrednic: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
gists:

I am not lamenting. We're in this sinking boat together for another 4 yrs headed by an empty/clueless head. But I sincerely hope that I'm wrong for the good/sake of the country.
DONT SAY WE.you are in a sinking boat alone,sorry i cant help you.
My own Nigeria is cruising progressively to the promise land and yes GEJ is the captain.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by stagger: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
I am seriously considering if living in Nigeria is such a good idea. Look at the level of hatred and bigotry spewed out on so many threads on this forum in the last 2 days. What will happen in 2015, the year the US said Nigeria runs the risk of splitting.

If GEJ makes good his promise not to contest in 2015, I am out of Nigeria for good.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by gists: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
hbrednic:

DONT SAY WE.you are in a sinking boat alone,sorry i cant help you.
My own Nigeria is cruising progressively to the promise land and yes GEJ is the captain.

Yes cruising,  Just like the Titanic. And by the way I never asked for your help, I can swim and thank God I have my personal life raft (if you know what that is)
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by HamidO1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
planetuzor:

your notherners has been in power since the inception of nigeria, Now tell me what have they done in terms of education to your nothern states,  
Thank 2 GEJ for a credible election,   Now watch the next 4 yrs and see improvement in both bayelsa and all nothern states, U better support him now than FORMING BRUCELY

I can see 'daft' written all over you. I'm not a nothern for the records. Omo yoruba live n direct from the SW.
Almost all the states you listed initially is better than Bayelsa.

Teaser4:

4uck buhari and all his supporters,  They wont get away with it.enough killings of brothers and sisters in the north.whl some of them work freely here, am from the southwest, and me and team av organise a retaliative tactics, to kill as many 4ucking hausas in our environ,  Am in OGUN precisely watch out for the breaking news 2mao, we go start from those 'fine baras' later we will storm 'sabo' and markets,if u av any hausa friend,or your hausa family live in abeokuta,  Go and dig there Graves,  4uck hausa u shall all perish,4uck Lugard for amalgamating us, we shall seee
U
Aside fetish monkeys like Obasanjo, what more did you guyz offer after the amalgamation.
Re: Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega by hbrednic: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
gists:

Yes cruising, Just like the Titanic. And by the way I'm not asking for your help, I can swim and I have my personal life raft (if you know what that is)
whatever you have is your fu-cking business.sore irritating bad loser  cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omisore, Omoworare May Determine Winner Of Osun Rerun Election / Northern Lawyers Write Malami Over Formation Of New Bar Association / Rejected By APC, What Is Fani-Kayode’s Next Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.