Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,695 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East (37644 Views)

3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship / Imo APC: Setback As Court Stops Two Candidates from tomorrow's elections / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Jman06(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Okorocha didn't hid his greed and disregard for Imo people, I'm talking as an Igbo man. Nigerians may love him more, but he's not regarded down East.
He did his best for Imo people but some people (not all) disliked him because of the party he belongs to which they hate for the fact that Buhari's government failed to accommodate every part of the country in his appointments. Buhari's lopsided appointments and seeming neglect of the southeast is the genesis of hatred for APC, and by extension, APC's politicians in the region including Rochas.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:06am On Apr 09, 2021
sharone21:

Nice one, I hope they can circulate this nationally especially to the leaders of the 2 major parties in Naija.....We should desist from cheating other regions if we want Nigeria to be BLESSED and progress. We need to avoid other members of the family feeling aggrieved or left out of governance.

For APC: Dave Umahi
For PDP: Peter Obi

Who says the East doesn't have people to steer the leadership of Nigeria?

When did Dave Umahi join APC?
So those that put their political lives at stake and risk their lives against PDP in 2015 and 2019 should be overlook for a new comer because of some phantom fairness created by south eastern politicians that can’t compete but want to use the nonsense sentiment

Nobody will give/surrender you any political power for some phantom “equity and fairness”, you will go out there and sweat for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
it has backfired

To complete the list, they should have added Abaribe. grin

Nonsense
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2021
Misterdhee1:

LOL, Okorocha has more national appeal than Tinubu? Some comments on nairaland eh grin

I swear these people are a bunch of jokers, if they even put forward someone like Onyeama (foreign minister), Agbakogba or someone with some stature I will understand, instead you put forward caricatures, imbeciles, miscreants and court jesters!!!

it's an indictment of the ibos if these are the people you can put forward to represent you nationally!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by obonujoker(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2021
Peter Obi is just the best amongst the rest...

But because Nigeria is given to a gloomy cul de sac anytime before Jesus tarries, it would keep electing devils

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Tareq1105: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2021
chukwuaustin:
The Leader of Igbo Youths in Nigeria and Diaspora Comarade Chukwuma Dike, has listed names of SouthEast politicians that the rest of Nigerians can choose from...

They are for Apc
1, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu
2, Senator Ken Nnamani
3, Governor Dave Umahi

For PDP
1,Mr Peter Obi
2,Hon Emeka Ihedioha
3, Senator Ike Ekweremadu

This list is not arrange in no particular order.....
For fairness all the political parties should choose their candidate from the SouthEast like it happened in 1999. When all the political parties choosed from the southwest....

Thank you
Chukwuma Dike
Igbo Youths in Nigeria and Diaspora

Have you taken your time to find out why the parties picked their candidates from the South West in 1999?

2ndly, on your list of candidates, it's only Senator Ken Nnamani that I see to be well matured to carry all the 6 geopolitical zones without hatred.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Ezennwa(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2021
Anyone the North support is a winner already. As the country stands now, i advice Igbos to cooperate with the Northerners and get what they want.

Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas were born, raised and schooled in the North. they speak Hausa language fluently. A vote for them is a vote for the North. i can't say for other candidates

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Okwyjesus(m): 10:09am On Apr 09, 2021
Mikesparkle7:
Only Peter Obi deserves to be on that list, the rest are potential looters. grin grin
But trust Nigerians Sha... Dem and corrupt politicians are inseparable. tongue

Don't. underrate Umahi.
The guy can show full working. I drove through Ebonyi road this Easter.

I don't know where the guy is getting another allocation from bcs his project cannot be Abuja allocation alone

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:10am On Apr 09, 2021
obonujoker:

But because Nigeria is given to a gloomy cul de sac anytime before Jesus tarries, it would keep electing devils

If peter Obi is truly the best on that list, then the Igbos have no hope

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2021
Ezennwa:
Anyone the North support is a winner already. As the country stands now, i advice Igbos to cooperate with the Northerners and get what they want.

Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas were born, raised and schooled in the North. they speak hausa language fluently. A vote for them is a vote for the North. i can't say for other candidates

Understand your history, the North can and will never be ruled by Ibos. Thank nzeogwu for the death of Sardauna and Balewa!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:12am On Apr 09, 2021
Ezennwa:

Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas were born, raised and schooled in the North. they speak hausa language fluently. A vote for them is a vote for the North. i can't say for other candidates

Orji Uzor Kalu was neither born in the North nor can he speak Hausa fluently, yes, he had his university education in UNIMAD, and that was just it

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Okwyjesus(m): 10:12am On Apr 09, 2021
isthatso:

Better candidate for who? The only people who take Okorocha seriously it seems are ibos. To every else he is a clown and a buffoon and has always been perceived that way outside the SE.

You need to understand that a presidential election is not about who is acceptable to ibos but who is acceptable to Nigerians. it's not your votes that is going to make him president, but the votes of other regions, so what matters is how these people are perceived outside Ibo land. The Ibo brand is a hard sell without you putting forward these imbeciles, clowns and jesters simply because they are acceptable to you.

Your political leaders are seen as bufoons!!! The only names on that list that have any remote acceptability outside the SE are Soludo and Obi...and they have no chance!!!!

Yea ! Okorocha is not that acceptable among Igbos.

I learnt the north likes him.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by sharone21(f): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2021
ProWalker:

When did Dave Umahi join APC?
So those that put their political lives at stake and risk their lives against PDP in 2015 and 2019 should be overlook for a new comer because of some phantom fairness created by south eastern politicians that can’t compete but want to use the nonsense sentiment

Nobody will give/surrender you any political power for some phantom “equity and fairness”, you will go out there and sweat for it

Oga, I no be Igbo but hate I-N-J-U-S-T-I-C-E.
Tinu and co should patiently wait for their region's turn as the Igbos have patiently been waiting. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2021
isthatso:

Understand your history, the North can and will never be ruled by Ibos. Thank nzeogwu for the death of Sardauna and Balewa!!!

This is the eternal unforgivable sin of the Ibos against the Northerners

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 09, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Yea ! Okorocha is not that acceptable among Igbos.

I learnt the north likes him.
because he is a clown. it's one thing for them to use him, it's another to hand over to him.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by adanny01(m): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2021
ChiefOloye:
Igbo don't have stake in APC (the terrorists party). They should concentrate on PDP. Meanwhile, they should continue with ESN.

And who will vote PDP into power when the swing regions of Nigeria NW and SW and locked for APC.

Everything is about Pol science 101; theory and practice of government and politics. You have to understand how elections are won.

It was only GEJ in 2011 that didn't win NW and still won the presidential election. GEJs 2nd election failed because the second swing region SW joined the first against him. Atiku in 2019 failed because he couldn't win neither of the NW or SW.

You always need 1 or both to win. SEasteners don't see a reason to ally with Hausa or Yoruba, I wonder how they can win a presidential election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Chioma99(f): 10:15am On Apr 09, 2021
dangote is a very wicked man,

let us join hands to bring down this man by all means.

how can you be this super rich and most of all your country men are poor?

why do you want to kill other industries all because of this your useless games of monopoly?

you are wicked and foolish for all this dominance on us over the years!

i want all other investors and industries to wake up and build more refinaries so we Nigerians can have enough jobs.

just go to sapele Benin city and there is no single job there.

the youths are just only lurking around playing bet9ja.

please Nigerians needs more jobs now than ever.

i think its high time we start burning down all dangote trucks and businesses nationwide

if dangote can not crash down the prize of cement i think he should pack his loads and leave this Nigeria for good and never return.

ahhhhh!

whalahi this dangote is so wicked!
i want the youths to deal mercilessly with him from today

2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2021
sharone21:

Tinu and co should patiently wait for their region's turn as the Igbos have patiently been waiting. Shikena

Tinubu may not become president but you go wait tire o, your wait just begin!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ProWalker: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2021
sharone21:

Which injustice?

If you want to use old regional block: we have North, West and East, the so-called Nigeria TRIPOD: if we are to go by that Jonathan already took the turn of the Eastern region

If we are to use tribe, then the other over 200 remaining tribes in Nigeria can equally lay claim to what Igbos are shouting about.

I don’t really get where this equity and justice rubbish is coming from

It’s simply the turn of the SOUTH and it’s open to everyone in the south without exception, the same reason Igbos gave the yorubas that there is no going to be micro zoning of the PDP chairmanship that they eventually helped Secondus to clinch.

Every decision have consequences

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Burgerlomo: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2021
popweezy:
SARAKI suppose dey dia na

Is Saraki from the South East?

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2021
kenny1313:
The Truth is that Rochas is the only Igbo man an Hausa man can Vote, The top dogs in the east knows this that's why they are dragging his name to the mud in any given chance.

Northern has the Highest Voting population in Nigeria.
Rochas Okorocha is a house hold name in the whole north.
You're right.. From all S.E politicians, Rochas has the widest national appeal from North to South. Unfortunately his style of governance isn't ok.

I see lots of folks here supporting Peter Obi, no doubt he's good.. But Peter Obi doesn't have national appeal like Rochas, OUK, even Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu

In my submission, IF ONLY Igbo candidates are to be voted by all Nigeria, the first 5 most preferred will be:

1. Rochas Okorocha
2. Ogbonnanya Onu
3. Dave Umahi
4. Peter Obi
5. Kingsley Moghalu

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by YolobaMuslim: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
Baawaa:
No one from these men can rule Nigeria.
No, but your convicted brown teeth drug barron can rule Nigeria?
Nigeria is the country with a confused brain dead man as the president.

BMC jobless lots.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
ProWalker:

This is the eternal unforgivable sin of the Ibos against the Northerners

This is what Ibos dont understand!!!! They dont seem to understand the gravity of what they did in 1966 and the lasting effect on the pysche of the Northerner. Everything that has happenned to Nigeria since....the current structure, creation of states, resource control. the distribution of key posts in the military etc etc is to weaken and contain the ibos politically/militarily....and then they will now hand over power to them especially with Biafra agitations?

They should use their brains!!

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
Restructuring is the only solution....not yoruba presidency or Igbo presidency.
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Oracleforce: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2021
BigSarah:
Umahi

Peter Obi

Ouk

Kingsley moghalu

Madam Oby

My pick in no particular order

Madam Ngozi Okojo-WAHALA
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by forgiveness: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2021
Umahi is the only fit one among them.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2021
Oracleforce:

Madam Ngozi Okojo-WAHALA

Ngozi cannot contest for any political post in Nigeria ever again, she cant even be appointed a commisioner because she took up US citizenship!

As far as politic landscape of Nigeria is concerned, she's out of the picture for good!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2021
obonujoker:

Stop overrating Peter Obi bro.. Granted he's very good, but not the best from the S.E

Peter Obi doesn't have national appeal like the likes of Rochas, OUK, Onu, i bet even Umahi.

forgiveness:
Umahi is the only fit one among them.
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ahiboilandgas: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2021
ProWalker:

To complete the list, they should have added Abaribe. grin

Nonsense
clowns leaders of the 5 ipob land lock enclave
Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by PHijo(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2021
chukwuaustin:
The Leader of Igbo Youths in Nigeria and Diaspora Comarade Chukwuma Dike, has listed names of SouthEast politicians that the rest of Nigerians can choose from...

They are for Apc
1, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu
2, Senator Ken Nnamani
3, Governor Dave Umahi

For PDP
1,Mr Peter Obi
2,Hon Emeka Ihedioha
3, Senator Ike Ekweremadu

This list is not arrange in no particular order.....
For fairness all the political parties should choose their candidate from the SouthEast like it happened in 1999. When all the political parties choosed from the southwest....

Thank you
Chukwuma Dike
Igbo Youths in Nigeria and Diaspora

None of those on the APC list makes sense. I think Dr Ogbonaya Onu should be on any APC list.

As for the PDP, Ekweremadu should not be on the list. Ihedioha looks promising but I don't think he will be trusted. Little seems to be known about him in other parts of Nigeria. Peter Obi is known and loved by people from other parts of Nigeria, he is a businessman and people known he can fix the mess Buhari created.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East by ahiboilandgas: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:
Restructuring is the only solution....not yoruba presidency or Igbo presidency.
start by resurtrucing Abia state first then we know u have some sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CAC Withdraws Registration Certificate Of Ohaneze, Arewa, Other Groups / Iara Oshiomohle At Vintage Red Ball In London (Photos) / Protests: Buhari Despatches Cabinet Members To Home States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.