Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. (5553 Views)

Nigerians Are Regreting Voting For APC Scam Change Says PDP (pix) / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by luckyboy1159: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2011
Am not really saying that I should have voted for BB OR Ribadu but should have relaxed at home than voting for a president that have no guts. Now this is the reason for my comments b4 any critics. Since Goodluck was emerged as the acting president, there has been break down of law in the northern parts of Nigeria ranging from bomb blasts, killings by boko haram and co, killings in Jos and so much more. In those days i thought he will make things right when he is finally elected by the people. But now is the worst. With deep sense of sorrow am writing this and tear are almost dripping my eyes that every now and then the christians and non housas will be massacad in their numbers and nothing is being done about it. If you go to kaduna and it environs now you will see dead bodies everywhere. According to CAN they are yet to figure out how many they are in number but injured ones are in their thousands. What a world!!!. The next thing GEJ Did was to sack the interior minister. When OBJ was the president was it the interior minister that sent military men to river state when things seems to get out of hands and ordered them to shoot at site those involved in the unrest, was it the interior minister that sent the military to Udi and ordered them to shoot at sight those involved. And other places like Bayesa, onisha in the case of massob. And other places. Mr president is so weak. Been afraid of what the northern godfathers will say if he takes any decisive action. I only pray that God shall one day revenge.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by doctorT(m): 8:08am On Apr 20, 2011
Na today!!!. We still have 4 years to go. May God help us all in Nigeria
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by naso2(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2011
@OP

Ok subtract your 1 vote from the votes GEJ got and tell us if that gives BB the victory. People like you explain why as a nation we dont move forward. making noise without details. abeg shut iup make we hear word, all these disguised BB fans.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Pataki: 8:14am On Apr 20, 2011
Please don't bore us with your complaint!

You and 22million other Nigerians decided it is Goodluck you want, so please enjoy it.

Goodluck to Nigerians!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by efisher(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2011
Go and collect your vote from Jega.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by werepeLeri: 8:30am On Apr 20, 2011
Poster:

Even if you subtract your one vote from 22m Nigerian votes, you are still unknown.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Odunnu: 8:37am On Apr 20, 2011
Was Goodluck the President in 1991 when I watched as a young sch gurl my classmate's house go up in flames with the entire family in the burning house and my mom and I had to walk/run on dead bodies to be secure.
Was GEJ president in 1995 when my father's cars, house and my eldest sister all got burnt in another crazy out break of riots.My daddy stil has scars frm matchete wounds he got in one of such outbursts
In 1983, my family stil tel the sordid story of maitatsine's violence!
Relax buddie, you voted right. Sacking that minister was in the rite direction. Every average Nigerian knew the northernerz would revolt,it was the duty of that office to nip it in the bud. I believe strongly that the positive change we so desire would be heralded by GEJ
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by werepeLeri: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Was Goodluck the President in 1991 when I watched as a young sch gurl my classmate's house go up in flames with the entire family in the burning house and my mom and I had to walk/run on dead bodies to be secure.
Was GEJ president in 1995 when my father's cars, house and my eldest sister all got burnt in another crazy out break of riots.My daddy stil has scars frm matchete wounds he got in one of such outbursts
Relax buddie, you voted right. Sacking that minister was in the rite direction. Every average Nigerian knew the northernerz would revolt,it was the duty of that office to nip it in the bud. I believe strongly that the positive change we so desire would be heralded by GEJ

Spot on. They make it look like violence is the second name of GEJ and that he is synonymous with violence. Who doesnt know that there are jobless almajiris in the North who will harp on any minor thing to riot and loot? Did you see the faces of those who went on rampage? Youths who are mostly underaged, jobless and hoodlums. Why are you blaming GEJ on that?

You blammed him for five months before the elections, yet he succeeded, you are not tired, you still continue to use every opportunity to blame him.

mtcheeewww
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by luckyboy1159: 8:44am On Apr 20, 2011
Please reread my post I never said I will vote for BB. And please its just a honest view of mine. I don't welcome personal critics.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by jmaine: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2011
OP do not feel so special about your regret in voting for GEJ . . .thousands of former Pro BB are so ashamed they even campaigned for the man to be voted for, not even talking about those who voted cos they feel too embarrassed to even admit they did . . .you all are requesting for an OBJ style Odi/Zaki Biam massacre . .where innocent citizens in the mold of children, grandparents ,and women were murdered and the criminals were no where to be found cos they expected the onslaught . .and i can remember OBJ giving them an Ultimatum before his strike cos they involved murdered and missing soldiers . . .make the almajiris kill soldiers and they should be declared missing . . .then we will know if the venom won't be inflicted on some poor innocent souls too . .The Northern riot if not properly managed might lead to civil war due to it's delicate ethnocentric and political  inclinations . . When the civil war starts, it will consume everything . . .so don't be quick to blame the man from checkmating a chain reaction of events that might lead to immeasurable loss in all spheres of our polity . .

You don't know better than the Military brass
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by presido1: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2011
Pataki:

Please don't bore us with your complaint!

You and 22million other Nigerians decided it is Goodluck you want, so please enjoy it.
Goodluck to Nigerians!
Oh Now its 22 million Nigerians huh, Tot it was 22 million computer programme. You people should sound coherent for once.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2011
you have just started u still have 4 more years to regret, keep regretting it will get worse
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Rhino5dm: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2011
Common! Give us some break!

Either you are daft or reetarded cos all signs are written in bigger font that the guy lack balls and is very slow in taking decision.

Least on his mind will be the thought your 'bulk votes' , afteral he BOUGHT it from your kingsmen.

Am waiting for ministerial nominees from madam umblella. From stella to Turai, patience the princess of Aso rock.

You wish to eat your cake and still have it.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Ystranger: 8:58am On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Sorry to hear that Odunnu

Wish I could hug you right now. I do mean it Odunnu.

What a sweeet babe!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by HamidO1(m): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2011
It's too early to regret. Wait until the names of corrupt people, ex-convicts and co are announced as ministers.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by blacksta(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2011
Lol  - u never see anything yet  -

A man with zero track record in the area of service delivery and Implementation

I maintain status " PDP has nothing to offer Nigerians and it is insanity to expect good to come out of evil"

but unfortunately it is win win for GEJ and his corrupt cronies
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by monkeyleg: 9:21am On Apr 20, 2011
Guys, I was one of Goodlucks fiercest critics, but on this one, we need to give him time to bed down and start working. My only compliant is that they should have anticipated the potential for serious violence and made necessary preparation. That has been trait of his governement, and he must deal with it swiftly and properly. Though acting by dismissing the internal minister is a step in the right direction, in my opinion is not enough.

He needs to start building strong institutions, but most desperately he must start with security. Nigerians must be made to feel safe and secure under his administration. I remember being in contact with a friend, who's family what caught up in the Kano troubles, it was not easy.

@Odunnu, sorry to hear about your family's experience.

Like I maintain, it is not ones interest if Goodluck fails, but I have this feeling he wont.

I would urge people to start focusing on the most important election of all - state. This affects everyone, and I believe this is were accountability can be enforced. Let us start by holding our respective state governors to account. Dont forget they are responsible for security in thier individual states
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by efisher(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2011
Yesterday we campaigned, today you voted! Hahaha < grin Just joking>
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by ektbear: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

sad
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by AyoRandy: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2011
LuckBoy,

Are you saying that the North was very peaceful before Jonathan became the President of this Great Country?

You had over six months to decides whom to vote for.
It is too early to judge this man. Lets all give him a chance to prove himself.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by gokuu(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2011
Hamid O:

It's too early to regret. Wait until the names of corrupt people, ex-convicts and co are announced as ministers.

At least buharis people such as; IBB, Atiku, ciroma, gusau, aliero, ishaya bamaiyi, abba ruma, turai, el-rufai, abacha, buba marwa and all their surrogates will not be there. GEJ will appoint intellectuals & technocrats!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by gokuu(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2011
Hamid O:

At least buharis people such as; IBB, Atiku, ciroma, gusau, aliero, ishaya bamaiyi, abba ruma, turai, el-rufai, abacha, buba marwa and all their surrogates will not be there. GEJ will appoint intellectuals & technocrats!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by gregg2: 9:58am On Apr 20, 2011
@Poster
Gerraway my friend!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Arosa(m): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2011
monkeyleg wrote;
My only compliant is that they should have anticipated the potential for serious violence and made necessary preparation.
Peeps would have read a defrent meaning to that. They would have said he knew he was going to win the election before inec published the results, thus the anticipation of violent. undecided
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Jarus(m): 10:22am On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

sad

Yankuri
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Kennyblues(m): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2011
OP, do not regret as you have voted right,
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by monkeyleg: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2011
Arosa:

monkeyleg wrote;Peeps would have read a defrent meaning to that. They would have said he knew he was going to win the election before inec published the results, thus the anticipation of violent. undecided

Well, it would have been better to secure life and property than to have people reading all sorts of meanings to things. The fact remains that there was opportunity for government to be proactive but they didnt act.
Please tell those familes that have lost loved ones in ths madness that
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Arosa(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2011
monkeyleg:

Well, it would have been better to secure life and property than to have people reading all sorts of meanings to things. The fact remains that there was opportunity for government to be proactive but they didnt act.
Please tell those familes that have lost loved ones in ths madness that
Please monkeyleg don't get me wrong, I am with you on this, the government should always be proactive.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by monkeyleg: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2011
@Arosa,

Sorry my bro, I misunderstood your post.

i want to give goodluck a chance, though i wasnt for him. I know it cannot be easy, but he need to step up to the plate and start acting. There are good resources out there to assist him, if he so desires. i believe this is the time he must surround himself with the best adviser he can afford.

The security sector in Nigeria is just like any other sector - crumbling, from lack of investment and proper management. i wonder why people are expecting good results from a failed system. this is the time to invest greatly and ge those onboard who know how run large successful security forces
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by ifyalways(f): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2011
The only things we are perfect at are complaining and bickering.

Indeed, Violence in Northern Nigeria started 1 year ago .  .  .Yeye de smell.

@OP,go collect back ya vote na.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by iluvnaija: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2011
wen ever there is crisis ur clewless jonathief will ask nigerians to and pray. i hope ya'll are in church now pray. so enjoy d next 4 years. thou shall not complain. na wentin body want u dey give am.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by jmaine: 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2011
iluvnaija:

wen ever there is crisis your clewless jonathief will ask nigerians to and pray. i hope ya'll are in church now pray. so enjoy d next 4 years. thou shall not complain. na wentin body want u dey give am.

One of our illustrous nairaland toddlers on parade . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Travels Of President Jonathan- dailytrust / FULL PROFILE: Senator Aisha J. Al-hassan,nigeria's First Female Elected Governor / If Buhari Force Adeosun To Cover Up In Qatar Who Force Queen Of England - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.