Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. (5563 Views)

Nigerians Are Regreting Voting For APC Scam Change Says PDP (pix) / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by otokx(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
That interior minister is just a scape goat; poor man.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by AljUche: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
op

you are a big mumu to the highest order

when we were shouting vote buhari do not vote PDP instead u still voted for PDP

infact SS and SE all had 99.something % votes

it shows how bigoted and stu.pid u all are
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Adanora: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ POSTER

DID HE ASK U TO VOTE FOR HIM, IF URE REGRETING VOTING FOR HIM, THEN U AV A PROMBLEM, U WERENT HIS TRUE SUPPORTERS.

SO U RE SUPRISED WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING IN D NORTH? OH SORRY. ITS EXPECTED, Y RE U SUPRISED. BUT WE RE JUST LOOKING AT THEM, IF NOT FOR OUR RESPECTABLE BROTHER GEJ, WE FOR DON DO THEM RATATATATATATA. CONFIRMED ONE OOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
Abeg go and collect your vote back, Also remember to return the bag of rice and N1,000 you were given
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Beaf: 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
luckyboy1159: Am not really saying that I should have voted for BB OR Ribadu but should have relaxed at home than voting for a president that have no guts. Now this is the reason for my comments b4 any critics. Since Goodluck was emerged as the acting president, there has been break down of law in the northern parts of Nigeria ranging from bomb blasts, killings by boko haram and co, killings in Jos and so much more. In those days i thought he will make things right when he is finally elected by the people. But now is the worst. With deep sense of sorrow am writing this and tear are almost dripping my eyes that every now and then the christians and non housas will be massacad in their numbers and nothing is being done about it. If you go to kaduna and it environs now you will see dead bodies everywhere. According to CAN they are yet to figure out how many they are in number but injured ones are in their thousands. What a world!!!. The next thing GEJ Did was to sack the interior minister. When OBJ was the president was it the interior minister that sent military men to river state when things seems to get out of hands and ordered them to shoot at site those involved in the unrest, was it the interior minister that sent the military to Udi and ordered them to shoot at sight those involved. And other places like Bayesa, onisha in the case of massob. And other places. Mr president is so weak. Been afraid of what the northern godfathers will say if he takes any decisive action. I only pray that God shall one day revenge.  

It is so clear that all you want is revenge, but it doesn't work that way. The President must act lawfully and you must realise that he is the President of all, not "some."
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by heilige(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
poster make u go jump inside atlantic. na now u sabi say jona weak.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Kilode1: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Was Goodluck the President in 1991 when I watched as a young sch gurl my classmate's house go up in flames with the entire family in the burning house and my mom and I had to walk/run on dead bodies to be secure.
Was GEJ president in 1995 when my father's cars, house and my eldest sister all got burnt in another crazy out break of riots.My daddy stil has scars frm matchete wounds he got in one of such outbursts
In 1983, my family stil tel the sordid story of maitatsine's violence!
Relax buddie, you voted right. Sacking that minister was in the rite direction. Every average Nigerian knew the northernerz would revolt,it was the duty of that office to nip it in the bud. I believe strongly that the positive change we so desire would be heralded by GEJ

Very sad story. Sorry sis.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by bkbabe97y(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Ah, the Maitatsine Sect! Google came in handy again. . . . .

Um, Odunnu, can u please tell me who was Head of Nigeria when they went on rampage, and who (AS HEAD OF STATE OF NIGERIA) was responsible for quelling and destroying them.

Lol. Goodluck thinking Jonathan has the balls or intelligence to steer Nigeria in the right direction!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by OAM4J: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
Odunnu:

Was Goodluck the President in 1991 when I watched as a young sch gurl my classmate's house go up in flames with the entire family in the burning house and my mom and I had to walk/run on dead bodies to be secure.
Was GEJ president in 1995 when my father's cars, house and my eldest sister all got burnt in another crazy out break of riots.My daddy stil has scars frm matchete wounds he got in one of such outbursts
Relax buddie, you voted right. Sacking that minister was in the rite direction. Every average Nigerian knew the northernerz would revolt,it was the duty of that office to nip it in the bud. I believe strongly that the positive change we so desire would be heralded by GEJ

Accept my heartfelt sympathy!

@OP

Enough of politicizing the whole thing. the fact is that our Northern brothers are easily provoked. Today it is about the loss of an election, tomorrow it might be because someone insults the Quran.

What is needful is for the government to find solution to the problem. Beyond asking Buhari to call the people to oder and sacking a minister, it does not speak well of our Cin C's inability to curtail these violences in 3days. We do not need Odi's approach but am sure there are solutions to these problems. And about time the Government deal decisively with people responsible for these violences everywhere to avoid a repeat.

Like Jerry Ghana will say "Let our Commander in Chief chiefly command well".
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by JUO(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2011
Go and collect your vote from Jega.
lol
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by dasa: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2011
So should he declare a state or emergency? People have been rioting in the North since i can remember. they are just lawless over there. Did, Buhari, Ibb, Abacha or Abdulsalami stop it. No. Force is not always the best solution.

I only wish his security team will be more proactive than reactive.

@poster. please post your address here so we can send your vote back.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Ah, the Maitatsine Sect! Google came in handy again. . . . .

Um, Odunnu, can u please tell me who was Head of Nigeria when they went on rampage, and who (AS HEAD OF STATE OF NIGERIA) was responsible for quelling and destroying them.

Lol. Goodluck thinking Jonathan has the balls or intelligence to steer Nigeria in the right direction!

@bk.babe97y please stop acting like a child, how long did you think the Maitatsine crises lasted? Please you people should give GEJ a chance.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by biola44: 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
GEJ has nothing to offer, was voted in based on sentiments,
neither was there any other credible candidate,
when are fast approachin our limits
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Toonice(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
Goodluck to Jonathan and Badluck to Nigeria
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Toonice(m): 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
People Still Dey Deceive People (PDP) !!!!!Powerrrrrrrrrrrrr Jooooooooooooo Power Jareeeeeeeee

Goodluck to Jonathan and Badluck for Nigeria
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Toonice(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2011
People Still Dey Deceive People (PDP) !!!!!Powerrrrrrrrrrrrr Jooooooooooooo Power Jareeeeeeeee

Goodluck to Jonathan and Badluck for Nigeria
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Blazing99: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2011
You had a choice to vote wisely and you didn't. Believe me, this is just the beginning of mumu presidency
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by OLAMINREWA(m): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
GEJ, only inherited that post for the past few months with the help of the Nigerian Constitution. now that he his rightfully elected by the people and for the people, you will definitely see him perform beyond you guys expectation, Yes, he looks weak, but he is going to rule this nation with iron hand, even the godfathers will be amazed, Lets give him time
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by fxtopedia(m): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2011
Mercy after d****
After perusal of your post I cannot but to ROFLMAO
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by only1life(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
LET US DIVIDE. NIGERIA IS 2 BIG TO BE 1.. [b]2+1=3.[/b] .I GO FOR THAT. ILE YI A GBE WA O.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by jokingmary(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2011
only1life:

LET US DIVIDE. NIGERIA IS [b]2 BIG TO BE 1.[/b]. [b]2+1=3.[/b] .I GO FOR THAT. ILE YI A GBE WA O.
2 big to be 1 shocked shocked

Are u ok?

Or do u mean the population is too much?
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by iv4real(f): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
Why are people acting as if this northern crisis started today. This has been happening  over twenty years ago. The only difference now is that there is technology and the media can pick it up. My sister schooled in jos and there were always killings over little things like winning them in a football match.  The leaders before him did nothing. But hopefully things will change.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by meine: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
A responsible leader should always take responsibilities, i feel your pain poster, Jonathan should man up to rein these rogues in. 2 People close to me have lost their NYSC relatives to the current madness in the North. Nigerian can afford to send ECOMOG forces to maintain peace in Liberia but Jonathan has been toothless when it comes to maintaining peace in the North and you rightly put it ,sacking the interior minister has no bearing on the scheme of things. Na Waaa
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by strangleyo: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2011
Nigeria is becoming a real democracy!!!

You vote for a candidate and 2 days later you hate them.

Finally.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by rainbowman: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2011
I've read most of your posts on the reaction to the violence in the North, however, we must appreciate that the crisis began in the middle of the electioneering period where most security personnel are on high alert performing tasks in order to preserve peace in other areas. It is most unfortunate that innocent people had to die, but your reaction is the intended response from the enemies of our nation intent on discrediting the governments ability to protect lives and property. It is most poignant to note that security forces were timely deployed from other parts of the country to reinforce other existing security arrangements almost immediately the crisis started and the immediate actions taken by the host governors which proves that the government of the day is reactive, smart and responsive. Most importantly we must understand the the deployment of soldiers, to crisis areas is alien to democracy and in most situation demands fulfilling lengthy legal obligations. On the whole I am of the opinion that the President reacted decisively to the threat and can only get better with time. Most importantly we must understand that the nature of this kind of threat is so fragile that careful considerations must be observed by the security agencies themselves because the hostile elements are Nigerians who too have a right to life thus using maximum force(shooting them) must be justified.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Emmanuelpee(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2011
Gudluck
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Kx: 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
Complains about the killings in the north dates back to over 15yrs.

Remember Kano Killings, Bauchi, Borno, the recent Jos and the most recent Kaduna?
[size=14pt]
Your govt will do nothing for you.
[/size]

For all the southerners residing in the north, when you are tired of seeing massacre and unprovoked killing,
relocate to the south.

Remember what they say" a stubborn fly hits the grave with the corpse" It is that bad in the north if u dont advise ursef.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by supereagle(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
When they were trowing bombs during the time of Abacha, he had no answer to it than to be killing innocent people like Kudi Abiola, Rewane etc. Abacha was a military leader who could act without check and balance.
JEG must still consult NASS before taking any major decision that will affect us.
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Mobinga: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
Whogave you the right to regret? You can't string a decent sentence together without flimsy errors and you're regretting. You are a dunce
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2011
Mobinga:

Whogave you the right to regret? You can't string a decent sentence together without flimsy errors and you're regretting. You are a dunce
Look at pot calling kettle black. Your dumb a** put two distinct words together "whogave" and you are criticizing someone's post. Your dumb a** is the nincompoop!
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by 10cirenoh: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
Too early to regret, its just 5 days old, if you didn't regret 11 months of GEJ's rule, why then are you regretting a 5 days rule?
Re: I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. by nn5ive: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2011
Am not really saying that I should have voted for BB OR Ribadu but should have relaxed at home than voting for a president that have no guts. Now this is the reason for my comments b4 any critics. Since Goodluck was emerged as the acting president, there has been break down of law in the northern parts of Nigeria ranging from bomb blasts, killings by boko haram and co, killings in Jos and so much more. In those days i thought he will make things right when he is finally elected by the people. But now is the worst. With deep sense of sorrow am writing this and tear are almost dripping my eyes that every now and then the christians and non housas will be massacad in their numbers and nothing is being done about it. If you go to kaduna and it environs now you will see dead bodies everywhere. According to CAN they are yet to figure out how many they are in number but injured ones are in their thousands. What a world!!!. The next thing GEJ Did was to sack the interior minister. When OBJ was the president was it the interior minister that sent military men to river state when things seems to get out of hands and ordered them to shoot at site those involved in the unrest, was it the interior minister that sent the military to Udi and ordered them to shoot at sight those involved. And other places like Bayesa, onisha in the case of massob. And other places. Mr president is so weak. Been afraid of what the northern godfathers will say if he takes any decisive action. I only pray that God shall one day revenge.  

I will excuse your comments as those of an angry person. However, it is apparent that you lack facts about the things you are talking about. The suspension of Iheanacho simply means the matter he is indicted for is under investigation. Also security for these elections is a collaboration of different facets of the security sector, which includes the Interior Ministry. Each member of the collaboration could be faulted depending on the aspect that caused the problem.
However, I do not think you even voted for GEJ. You simply an aggrieved person looking for anything to castigate the President for. God is the one that gives authority and since he has given it to Jonathan, anyone choosing to fight him may do so, but I will not defend him, rather the same God will. Every President has an enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Not Abandon Abdulmutallab - Gbenga Ashiru / GEJ Favoured The North, Yet They Hated Him / Abia Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Senator Abaribe(pdp )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.