Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,623 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends (1438 Views)

See HIV Destributors Around Looking For Who To Infect With HIV Aids / New Secret Of Last Long In Bed For Mature People / "Don't Go To Their House If You Don't Want Sex" - Lady Says On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by NiRfreak(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
Maturity brings contentment in oneself.
Friendship come with a lot of intrusion and baggage these days. Most people get attached to you as friends cos of what they stand to gain in way of assistance, fun or quality of company you accord them.
As you grow, you want to be in control of your space and people who have access to you.
Having many friends is intrusive, sometimes invasive as many people who call themselves friends don't understand personal space or self respect.
All the friends I have over the years are now long distance, only two are bossom. In my place I don't seek friends. I just go on my way, mind my business.
But if we cross paths and find a way to gist by chance, you may take my sanguine nature as friend loving. No. it's only momentary. Afterward I move on, and forget you.
We will attract less problem if we learn to mind our business and keep our lives private.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by tosaino95(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
You can post this again bro cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by tosik(m): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
most nigerian doesn't know that sitting in your house in peace,eating snacks, and minding your own business is priceless...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Xenry: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Some friends are just a bunch of distractive elements that should be avoided. Nice post by the way. cool

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Darkseid(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
tosik:
most nigerian doesn't know that sitting in your house in peace,eating snacks, and minding your own business is priceless...
Most Nigerians are very bad at the bolded; they'll even term you weird and proud if you refuse to engage in meaningless stuffs. In the words of my neighbour two days ago; "guy everytime you dey inside dey enjoy your money alone, if to say I dey your shoes, all the girls for this area go don hear am. I go don scatter their t*t* finish." I just shook my head and left.
As an intovert, I don't keep friends for long, I hate being disturbed and I'll only contact people when we have something important to talk about.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by tosik(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Darkseid:
Most Nigerians are very bad at the bolded; they'll even term you weird and proud if you refuse to engage in meaningless stuffs. In the words of my neighbour two days ago; "guy everytime you dey inside dey enjoy your money alone, if to say I dey your shoes, all the girls for this area go don hear am. I go don scatter their t*t* finish." I just shook my head and left.
As an intovert, I don't keep friends for long, I hate being disturbed and I'll only contact people when we have something important to talk about.
dont mind that your neighbor,just study him well then u will understand that saving up some cash will be a barrier to him...

1 Like

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Nazgul: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
NiRfreak:
Friendship come with a lot of intrusion and baggage these days. Most people get attached to you as friends cos of what they stand to gain in way of assistance, fun or quality of company you accord them.
As you grow, you want to be in control of your space and people who have access to you.
Having many friends is intrusive, sometimes invasive as many people who call themselves friends don't understand personal space or self respect.
All the friends I have over the years are now long distance, only two are bossom. In my place I don't seek friends. I just go on my way, mind my business.
But if we cross paths and find a way to gist by chance, you may take my sanguine nature as friend loving. No. it's only momentary. Afterward I move on, and forget you.
We will attract less problem if we learn to mind our business and keep our lives private.
That's how it's supposed to be...in developed countries, you don't just appear on someone's doorstep simply because you know them. Everyone should know their boundaries.

But this is Nigeria, a good number of people that engage in such are victims of our failed leadership, most just want dinner or lunch or some cash to keep body and soul together.

Is it right to shut your doors on them? For me I have very few friends any of them becomes a victim of circumstance, I won't turn my back on him.

But if you're naturally lazy and looking for someone to keep shouldering all your responsibilities, then I'll not only ghost you, but talk to you harshly so that you'll get the message that you're a parasite.
Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Sonnobax15(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
cool
Nice one here I must commend you....

Every friendship ought to be 50/50 and not parasitic like when it's only one party that's sacrificing so much and the other party always being at the receiving end.

This life ain't hard one bit from the very moment you realize that your peace of mind should be your utmost priority in life

To obtain that peace of mind,then being an introvert shouldn't be something you must underestimate...

For sure I'm an introvert..Don't expect to see me calling your phone if I don't have any business with you...And the only two friends wey I get truly understand and respect my space..

Just last month,I cast one lost via say he was being too parasitic to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by NiRfreak(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2021
Nazgul:

That's how it's supposed to be...in developed countries, you don't just appear on someone's doorstep simply because you know them. Everyone should know their boundaries.

But this is Nigeria, a good number of people that engage in such are victims of our failed leadership, most just want dinner or lunch or some cash to keep body and soul together.

Is it right to shut your doors on them? For me I have very few friends any of them becomes a victim of circumstance, I won't turn my back on him.

But if you're naturally lazy and looking for someone to keep shouldering all your responsibilities, then I'll not only ghost you, but talk to you harshly so that you'll get the message that you're a parasite.
Many who seek help tend to overdo it to the point of entitlement, especially when they realize you have...self respect is no longer there

1 Like

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Escabado: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
NiRfreak:
want to be in control of your space and people who have access to you.

With the security situation in Nigeria I will advice both introvert and extrovert to keep less or no friends and mind there business , it will also save u alot of money and save you from danger of the unknown . I have came to realize that is only poor and needy people that seeks for friendship . I have lived both in rich and poor environment . Rich people dont keep friends unless is business related and such friends don't visit there houses anyhow . And they dont do all this my nebor my nebor that poor people do . For instance in GRA or lekki everyone minds there businesses and leave a very peaceful life. I would have listed more point but I'm just tired of typing .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature People Don't Go Around Looking For Friends by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
Books & Friends Should Be Few. As 4 Me, I Don't Like Having Many Friends Cuz It's Dangerous.

(1) (Reply)

My GoTV Is Not Working Even After Sub / When A Lady Accuses You This Way, What Must You Do? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.