Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,428 members, 7,846,785 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) (609 Views)

I Really Hope Tinubu Would Work And Undo Buhari's Mistakes / What Exactly Will It Take To Live In Peace In This Country? (my Sad Birthday) / My Country!! My Country!! Seven Things My Country Has Achieved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Mikkyhandy(m): 6:23am On Apr 20, 2021
IS THERE REALLY HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY? {MY OPINION}

I remember in the early 90s though I was a bit young but it still fresh in my head how we get fresh fruit as part of our lunch back in primary school. I still also remember our parents telling us how things were better ten fifteen years back. I can’t forget when a “Derica” of rice increased to two naira fifty kobo, what an uproar, I remember how I was so scared of dying of hunger. I can’t forget in 1993 December when what my father had on him was five thousand naira and with that we went to the village with it and celebrate like kings over there.

Fast forward to this time, things are just out of hands. Prices of goods have gone a hundred and some even a thousand times over of what it used to be. Then I can’t but just ask myself, is there any hope of betterment for this country? Though our parents used to tell us then that this country will be better again, but I can’t but just ask myself now, when exactly will that be happening? It seems these days that the government is sleeping or occupied with something else, or are they not seeing all that is happening to the common man?

Though, I don’t think I have any hope left for this country, but I still can’t but think deep within me that it gets better.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Toosure70: 6:34am On Apr 20, 2021
Google can help you out
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by VictorUSA(m): 6:35am On Apr 20, 2021
I dnt think there`s any hope for the people of this country.The only hope we have is to do quick and leave this place for a better one.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Akudaisi: 6:40am On Apr 20, 2021
Bro the fact is this country was never really great and will keep the declining,I have read much about Nigeria history,during the precolonial times,the British made Nigerians think they were the best in the world and they Nigerians themselves believed because of lack of exposure to the outside world,the British did not develop or made any progress in whatever way in Niggeria,the reason why the price of things is rising is because of big time inflation,if Niggeria keeps going,in 10 to 20yrs time we will be saying that now was better than then

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Terorislam: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2021
The zo.o is hopeless, terrorist are in leadership position

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Officialgarri: 6:45am On Apr 20, 2021
We should even be grateful that our decadence hasn't gone past this.
You talked about your father owning 5k and he made your village a heaven on earth but have you forgotten so quickly that about 20 years after, there came a president and his gang of thieves who were hell bent on implementing the production of #5000 single currency?

Obasanjo— I believe with ill-advice from his American and British Imperialist — introduced 5 large currencies within just 6 years of assuming power, with an excuse of "economic expansion"
What economy was expanding after years of military rule, coup, and corruption?
At a time when refineries in the country were heading to extinction...!!! shocked

This country will be fine when I become President of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Parents didn't fight for their right, their usual lazy slogan is"Nigeria will be better one day". You are also not fighting for it now in your youthful period. Another reason to support deportation of Africans to their country. Coward generation who prefer to leave for another man's land to share meat and be treated like a dog than fight for what's truly his.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by donbachi(m): 6:50am On Apr 20, 2021
For nigeria,NO!..but,for nigerians,YES!

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by yanabasee1(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2021
There's no hope for anyone in this country except for those benefiting directly from the government or politics...

The judiciary system is corrupt, the police system is corrupt, even the military we had hopes on, is now fantastically corrupt...

The politicians using their office to molest and deal with it's citizens as of we're mere tools before them. No regards....

Imagine, Gandollar sending police to arrest the journalist that exposed his crimes..... Imagine a man who spoke highly of boko haram now heading a ministry...
Imagine a chairman of cct holding down a fight with a private security guard...
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Sunday2021: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2021
Is there hope for yourself? Is there hope for your father?
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Emmanuelcann: 7:28am On Apr 20, 2021
Nairaland - the home of the immature, irresponsible and illiterate.
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Gandollaar(f): 7:37am On Apr 20, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
Nairaland - the home of the immature, irresponsible and illiterate.
And you are one of them.
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by helinues: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2021
Put your hope in God and yourself
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2021
Sunday2021:
Is there hope for yourself? Is there hope for your father?

fools fill nairaland I swear......signing out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Emmanuelcann: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2021
Nairaland, home of the irredeemably hopeless!
Too many paid agents on this forum.
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by gidgiddy: 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
No hope
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by mbaise1000: 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
The only group of people who still believe that nigeria still have a future are THOSE in denial and those doing the ostrich and THOSE that hate igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by leofab(f): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2021
It take few people to set this nation on the right path
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Sunday2021: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

fools fill nairaland I swear......signing out
congratulations! Your father is one of the fools.
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:22am On Apr 24, 2021
Nigeria is a curse to humanity. End Nigeria and Save lives. Nigeria can never be food as long as there's no meritocratic leadership and sympathy for bokoharam terrorism and fulani herdsmen.
Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by Jamesbally: 8:58am On Apr 24, 2021
Mikkyhandy:
IS THERE REALLY HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY? {MY OPINION}

I remember in the early 90s though I was a bit young but it still fresh in my head how we get fresh fruit as part of our lunch back in primary school. I still also remember our parents telling us how things were better ten fifteen years back. I can’t forget when a “Derica” of rice increased to two naira fifty kobo, what an uproar, I remember how I was so scared of dying of hunger. I can’t forget in 1993 December when what my father had on him was five thousand naira and with that we went to the village with it and celebrate like kings over there.

Fast forward to this time, things are just out of hands. Prices of goods have gone a hundred and some even a thousand times over of what it used to be. Then I can’t but just ask myself, is there any hope of betterment for this country? Though our parents used to tell us then that this country will be better again, but I can’t but just ask myself now, when exactly will that be happening? It seems these days that the government is sleeping or occupied with something else, or are they not seeing all that is happening to the common man?

Though, I don’t think I have any hope left for this country, but I still can’t but think deep within me that it gets better.

Blame it on NNANDI KANU, IPOB TERRORIST AND ESN who have sworn to make Nigeria ungovernable.

Re: Is There Really Hope For This Country? (my Opinion) by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Sunday2021:
congratulations! Your father is one of the fools.

learn to mind your business......signing out

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier In Borno Speaks On War Against BH/ISWAP / There Should Be A Minimum Academic Qualification For Nigerian Voters? / [opinion] South South Should Wake Up And Take More Actions, We Look Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.