Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again (2380 Views)

Corper Who Was Assaulted By Female Soldier In Calabar Returns To Lagos (Video) / Why Haven't I Gotten My PPA Till Now,i Relocated To Lagos / Cynthia Amarachi Nwawuike: Corper Missing After Boarding Bus From Osun To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2021
Yes think again.

Lagos was good 15 years or more ago.

I have left Lagos.

And the advice I have to tell you if you are thinking of going there

1. Don't look for job there.

2. Don't. Depend on anyone.
3. Use Lagos to Gain.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2021
Will explain more when five people says yes
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by rhodman: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2021
yes
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
Reasons why people move to Lagos.
1. Opportunities

2. Connection.

Let me explain.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Maj196(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Go on
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Number one reason
Opportunities.

Let me ask you,
Do you think opportunities be it in politics,

Sports, buisness, career is tied to location?

Think about this line slowly.

Dont rush it.

Is it really tied to location?.

Hmmm?

Think again.

For example, you want to join politics and you need the opportunity, can you find help only in a location?

Another example , you need angel investors for your idea, is it only in a place or country you can find them ?

I want your mind to roll.

Do you know that Jay Jay okocha was picked up in enugu on a common field by scouts?

If opportunity depends on location , my brother, nobody will hear about him.

Opportunities can be in Nigeria or America or Brazil. It's not about location.

It's not about who has what. It's not about where you come from.

It's about what?

(Still typing)
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
I pray you will travel abroad if it's your call.

But I hear people say that they are leaving for better opportunities.

They have their reasons oo. Don't get me wrong.

But have you ever asked yourself, which opportunity have you identified from here that you can't tap into.

Before going anywhere because of opportunities,

You need the most important skill assset in life.
And this is nothing but...

But....
Nothing but..

1. Eyes to see the opportunity from wherever location you are.
2. Ability to take them.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
I have heard this line by great men.

But I always wondered why

Success is 90% being at the right place.

Right place. Not Lagos or Abuja or America.

The right place.

So I search out what exactly is my
Right place?

Why is this important.?

How can I know I'm there.?

Let me finish with Lagos issue First.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 12:02am On Apr 21, 2021
So my brother, or sister looking to jet to Lagos .

Is that your right place?

Hmmm?

I guess you want opportunities? Right?

Lagos is good. I grew there. I love it then

I kept looking for opportunities in Lagos.

Yes , attended lots of seminars , program, search for jobs etc.

To be honest, I never wanted to leave.
Thinking that it's the best place for what?

Opportunities .

But I prayed , asking God for my right place.

Although I love Lagos life.

Guess what?

The. Opportunities outside Lagos are as much as the ones inside.

The difference is that I'm at the right place.
There is this rat race in Lagos and any city in any country you know.

But I chose to explain with Lagos.

There is this rat race

They give you half info about thing.

Will continue if you comment
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 8:08am On Apr 21, 2021
When you are in Lagos, nobody will tell you what you need to know.

So be careful if it's opportunities you want.

You can be in ibadan and see the opportunities.

You can be in Nigeria and see it. You can be anywhere.

The problem is that many are not in the right place.

The right place.

The right place.

Find out if Lagos is the right place.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 11:51am On Apr 21, 2021
@eliok its like God is sending me a message through you to me.its like i told you my plans about my life.everything you said is true.m about to serve this may by Gods grace and after my nysc,am planning on moving to lag 4 business,more conection that will improve my business.meet great oppurtunities.and secretly mayb i wil see mr right there.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2021
Yemialade:
@eliok its like God is sending me a message through you to me.its like i told you my plans about my life.everything you said is true.m about to serve this may by Gods grace and after my nysc,am planning on moving to lag 4 business,more conection that will improve my business.meet great oppurtunities.and secretly mayb i wil see mr right there.

Ok thank God for your life.

Quick question though

1. Where are you serving ? The state?
2. When you are through, ask God where you should go next.

That's your right place.
It may or may not be Lagos.

From the right place, you will see all including husband , wife money etc.

But remember, everyone may not believe that's the right place. But you will know.
You will know

You will know only because you prayed. Yes you will.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Now have you wondered why many go abroad and come back penniless.

Yes penniless.

They are in the wrong place , oh my God country.

God forbid that's you.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thanks@eliok.m still hoping on GOD for my nysc posting which will happen soon.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Thanks@eliok.m still hoping on GOD for my nysc posting which will happen soon.
alright
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
You grew up in a state - e.g Kano

You schooled somewhere e.g kaduna

You did youth service somewhere e.g anambra

Did you see the pattern?
That's why you don't just conclude that it's here is where there's much opportunity.

The right place is where God wants you to be.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
It was until I stayed 3 years outside Lagos that I understand that the very rich people in Lagos doesn't want you to be like them.

I know a few of them. They aren't wicked actually they are nice people.

Hardworking people
Great people.

But they can't give you any secret to succeed.

To be honest, it's like a rat race. Competition.

But who cares.

What matters now is that

Don't set your mind too much on Lagos.

But pray Wella.

If God says Lagos, you will Excel.
If not, you will join the race.

Any questions?
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mr eliok,about rich people not wanting you to b like them,what if someone goes to them for mentorship and pay for it nko.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Mr eliok,about rich people not wanting you to b like them,what if someone goes to them for mentorship and pay for it nko.
in Lagos, there is mentorship.

Just that they teach you half. So figure out the rest.

Don't forget, there are exceptions. Some people are good . They are honest too but these people are in the minority . Sorry to say.

Majority will teach you partly.
Minority will open up but they are few compared to the teaming population of people.

You are a competitor to them.

Only a few will really teach you wholeheartedly.

But outside Lagos , it's normal to be taught from to he heart without that ( I don't want you to be like me mindset)
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
You can always check it.

Mentorship on nairaland here.
Check where the reasonable mentors live.

They may be from Lagos. But check or ask.

Don't just believe all I say.

Learn from what I tell you then confirm for yourself.

I will rather be close to a state than living there.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
If you want a mentor check so many places.

But if you want to source for goods, Lagos might be the cheapest.

But this thread is about thinking of going to live or stay in Lagos.
grin grin

Buying things and sending them elsewhere is ok if you know your source.

Living in a place is a different thing altogether.

Hope you don't mix it up.

Buying goods from America

And living in America aren't the same .

So thinking of going to Lagos for opportunities is not a joke.

Find your place first.

Ask God I it's where you should live.

You will be shocked oo.

Yes .
You will
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by olaitann93(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yemialade:
@eliok mayb i wil see mr right there.

I am waiting for you @ ogun state my second wife.
grin

Anytime the thought of working my service enters my mind, my boss voice follows: "Don't influence your posting. Allow God to do His will."
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Mr eliok,thanks ,m learning so much 4rm ur experience.i was thinking on what u taught me ,m going to travel to lag 4 my busines (seminars,mentorship,shipping of goods e.t.c) and m going to commit d state i will settle down to God to guide me.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
I dont know whats up with my uncles aod aunts living in lagos.its like they are stingy,my uncles and aunties on my mother side did not even send her money saying pls big sis help me manage this 20k at least(they are all rich)eveo d one working in dangotes company.for my father side,my uncle dey form(pretend) he is rich lagos man whenever he came to ibadan.he just bought a car late last year.my sister went to visit his new family only to b buying food 4rm her own money while uncle drank gari and groundnut which d wife sell.(she kept it while going out).
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yemialade:
I dont know whats up with my uncles aod aunts living in lagos.its like they are stingy,my uncles and aunties on my mother side did not even send her money saying pls big sis help me manage this 20k at least(they are all rich)eveo d one working in dangotes company.for my father side,my uncle dey form(pretend) he is rich lagos man whenever he came to ibadan.he just bought a car late last year.my sister went to visit his new family only to b buying food 4rm her own money while uncle drank gari and groundnut which d wife sell.(she kept it while going out).
that's not a big issue.
They work hard for their wealth. They can't easily give much. That's not your concern now.
The right place is.

Do this service , know what you want b4 you finish. Follow it.

Fear Lagos Sha except your biz connect there. Even at that be careful.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you sir,may GOD Uplift you.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by Yemialade(f): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
@eliok,thank you sir,may GOD Uplift you.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by juman(m): 3:46am On Apr 22, 2021
Going to the city from your village, you must be ready to struggle so much.
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2021
juman:
Going to the city from your village, you must be ready to struggle so much.
struggling is part of life.

Actually it's struggling with favor that matters.
No stealing, no duping others ,and be honest, God will bless your Hussle
Re: Thinking Of Moving To Lagos- Think Again by eliok(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2021
Good morning

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Monetize Your Smartphone / Nysc Exemption Certificate / My Escapades In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.