Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

What Is Really The Problem With Printing International Passports In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Really The Problem With Printing International Passports In Nigeria? (278 Views)

Breaking News! Many Nigerians Whose International Passports Are About To Expire / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / What Is Bishop Oyedepo's Problem With Buhari? See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Really The Problem With Printing International Passports In Nigeria? by cosmatika(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2021
I write this with so much bitterness. I've been hearing about people having to wait for months and even pay extra bribe without getting their international passport as and when due.
My cousin has been trapped in the country for over three months in Nigeria because of expired passport. He applied in the Umuahia office since then, yet they keep saying 32 pages is out of stock.
I applied for my own renewal in Port Harcourt a few days before the old one expired. I had to pay 50k for 64pages since they said that's what's readily available. I was given today as my pickup date.
I'm now calling the immigration woman to ask if it's out so that I can go for pickup. She rudely told me it's not out yet, and that it's not ready in the system. I was still trying to ask when I should be expecting it, she switched off the call on me.

My question is, what is the Aregbesola doing if his ministry can't print ordinary passport that we pay exorbitantly for? Is it only money they know how to print in Nigeria? Are they doing this to frustrate people from travelling? Is it the same thing all over the country or targeted at some people? These questions beg for answers cry

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrites Commit Crime But Enjoy Accusing Other Tribe(s) / Delta, Abuja, Imo Record Highest No Of Complaints On Rights Violation In 2020 / MASSOB Leader, Uwazurike Alleges Assassination Attempt By Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.