Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,035 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) (31539 Views)

Ebonyi's 30,000 Capacity International Stadium Nears Completion / Level Of Work At capacity International Conference Center Awka(video&photos) / Anambra 10,000-Capacity International Conference Center Construction Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by goldcoinhub: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
ok
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
DLioness:
Y is it paining you that Abia has 9000 capacity conference center built by Ochendo in Umuahia? You don't like other people's progress?
paining me for what? for curing your ignorant mind? I know more about Abia ICC in Umuahia more than you, even when it was uunder construction, can you show me the 9000 capacity?

1 Like

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by DLioness(f): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
post=101122171:

paining me for what? for curing your ignorant mind? I know more about Abia ICC in Umuahia more than you, even when it was uunder construction, can you show me the 9000 capacity?
So u know about it why then are you trying to deny it's existence? Some thing that was commissioned since 2013 or thereabout.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Reference(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
leicestercamper:

Awka Millennium city is for the creme dela creme. Not for everyone

I know. I only buy where I see value. Real estate is a commodity to me. I ain' t taking it to heaven. The residual value is not clear to me. So I wait.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by nedekid: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
spyder880:
The conference centre is actually very beautiful and I pass through this road regularly. I was marvelled when I passed this Thursday evening.
I might stop and get some pictures next time I pass.
It looks solid.
But what will be happening inside? Meetings, parties, shops?
Just wondering about the economical benefit of this massive adiface.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
point5:
Igbo amaka Anambra amaka Biafra amaka
everywhere na Amaka. Yoruba Amaka
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by COMPAQ(m): 11:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
spyder880:
The conference centre is actually very beautiful and I pass through this road regularly. I was marvelled when I passed this Thursday evening.
I might stop and get some pictures next time I pass.

Really!! Your call that beautiful!? Very poor architecture of you ask me.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Can u pls show me d hate u are referring to?

U mentioned these events: international conferences, big seminar, AMVC, African music award, music concert, indoor games and what have you.

How many times in a year are d these events organised? Will all these events be automatically moved to ur new conference centre in anambra? What is d fee for hosting these events compared to d cost of building d conference centre? So when u say "more revenue", which revenue are u talking about?

How does d "standard facilities" for your people increase their standard of living?

There are loads of conferences. Professional Associations like Nigerian Bar Association, Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria, Trade Shows for companies selling consumer goods, building materials, machinery to South East market. There are university conferences, political events, big time weddings. If it is well run it can easily host over 100,000 people per year. If that 100,000 spend an average of 50,000 in the state that is 5 billion revenue. Events employs lots of caterers, taxi drivers, printers and publishers, and boosts hotels.

A conference center will attract investment to the state and market it outside the typical regional investors.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2021
COMPAQ:

Really!! Your call that beautiful!? Very poor architecture of you ask me.

It doesn't need to be beautiful but functional and the state government wasted time with local engineers that did not know what they were doing with the roof.

Calabar ICC is how you construct an ICC.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 5:19am On Apr 26, 2021
mktinsight:

There are loads of conferences. Professional Associations like Nigerian Bar Association, Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria, Trade Shows for companies selling consumer goods, building materials, machinery to South East market. There are university conferences, political events, big time weddings. If it is well run it can easily host over 100,000 people per year. If that 100,000 spend an average of 50,000 in the state that is 5 billion revenue. Events employs lots of caterers, taxi drivers, printers and publishers, and boosts hotels.

A conference center will attract investment to the state and market it outside the typical regional investors.

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

U mentioned these events: international conferences, big seminar, AMVC, African music award, music concert, indoor games and what have you.

1. How many times in a year are d these events organised?
2. Will all these events be automatically moved to ur new conference centre in anambra?
3. What is d fee for hosting these events compared to d cost of building d conference centre?
4. So when u say "more revenue", which revenue are u talking about?

5. How does d "standard facilities" for your people increase their standard of living?
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 5:21am On Apr 26, 2021
mktinsight:

Oga, how does 100,000 people spending 50,000 naira each amount to 5billion naira for d govt? Can u pls explain how that is possible

What investment will d conference centre attract to d state?

How many times in a year are d these events organised?

Will all these events be automatically moved to ur new conference centre in anambra?
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Oga, how does 100,000 people spending 50,000 naira each amount to 5billion naira for d govt? Can u pls explain how that is possible

Will all these events be automatically moved to ur new conference centre in anambra?

There is direct revenue and indirect revenue. To rent Eko Convention Center costs 9-11 million. Eko hosts over 20 large events a year and many small ones. It rakes in over 3 billion directly. Indirectly, the Eko Convention Center provides lots of indirect revenue for organizers, print houses, hotels, restaurants, etc.

Anambra Conference Center if built, managed and marketed properly should be an investment driver for the state. Rarely are large exhibitions held outside Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Rarely do you see large scale events held in the South-East despite its large number of cities. Awka is relatively central. 1.5 hour to Enugu. 2 hours to Owerri. 1/2 hour from Onitsha. 1 hour from Asaba. 3 hours from Benin. 4 hours to Port Harcourt.

Once the facility is completed the government should run it via ANSIPPA in conjunction with an experienced property manager like Broll. It can cater to both state, regional and international conferences and exhibitions. For event attendees from outside the state it will expose the state as an investment destination. Some people will want to open their regional offices in the state after visiting. It will fill in hotel rooms and provide jobs for the youth.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 7:10am On Apr 26, 2021
mktinsight:

There is direct revenue and indirect revenue. To rent Eko Convention Center costs 9-11 million. Eko hosts over 20 large events a year and many small ones. It rakes in over 3 billion directly. Indirectly, the Eko Convention Center provides lots of indirect revenue for organizers, print houses, hotels, restaurants, etc.

Anambra Conference Center if built, managed and marketed properly should be an investment driver for the state. Rarely are large exhibitions held outside Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Rarely do you see large scale events held in the South-East despite its large number of cities. Awka is relatively central. 1.5 hour to Enugu. 2 hours to Owerri. 1/2 hour from Onitsha. 1 hour from Asaba. 3 hours from Benin. 4 hours to Port Harcourt.

U haven't answered my questions:

how does 100,000 people spending 50,000 naira each amount to 5billion naira for d govt? Can u pls explain how that is possible

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2021
DLioness:
So u know about it why then are you trying to deny it's existence? Some thing that was commissioned since 2013 or thereabout.
we're discussing international standard not local conference centres that we have in the east

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

2. Will all these events be automatically moved to ur new conference centre in anambra?
3. What is d fee for hosting these events compared to d cost of building d conference centre?

5. How does d "standard facilities" for your people increase their standard of living?
I can see you are empty or probably envious no need wasting my precious time with you on project nearly completion

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2021
post=101128440:

I can see you are empty or probably envious no need wasting my precious time with you on project nearly completion

Still doesn't answer d questions I asked:

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my questions:

how does 100,000 people spending 50,000 naira each amount to 5billion naira for d govt? Can u pls explain how that is possible

If they hold 10 large events x 5000 = 50,000 and 50 medium ones x 500 = 25,000 and 100 small ones x 250 = 25,000.

Each visitor to a conference spends money indirectly (transport, food, hotel, shopping). Assume each spends around 50K.

Events are held all year round. There are conferences for health professionals, lawyers, entertainment, banking, telecommunications, consumer goods, you name it. There are political conventions,etc.

There is no large conference center in the South-East. Loads of chinese businessmen and women would love to exhibit their product to the Eastern traders but it is held generally in Lagos. If you are holding a big government conference on SME finance or Security there is no place to hold it big enough to contain attendees. If MTN wants to hold a conference on Mobile Money where can you hold it in the South East?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by DLioness(f): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2021
post=101128314:

we're discussing international standard not local conference centres that we have in the east
meaning?
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2021
mktinsight:

If they hold 10 large events x 5000 = 50,000 and 50 medium ones x 500 = 25,000 and 100 small ones x 250 = 25,000.

Each visitor to a conference spends money indirectly (transport, food, hotel, shopping). Assume each spends around 50K.

Events are held all year round. There are conferences for health professionals, lawyers, entertainment, banking, telecommunications, consumer goods, you name it. There are political conventions,etc.

There is no large conference center in the South-East. Loads of chinese businessmen and women would love to exhibit their product to the Eastern traders but it is held generally in Lagos. If you are holding a big government conference on SME finance or Security there is no place to hold it big enough to contain attendees. If MTN wants to hold a conference on Mobile Money where can you hold it in the South East?

Is it govt that is going to provide d goods and services that each person will spend their 50k on?

Ur response still fall short of d questions I asked:

How did u arrive at this conclusion?:

If you are holding a big government conference on SME finance or Security there is no place to hold it big enough to contain attendees.

Am I d one to decide for mtn where it's going to hold it's conference on mobile money?
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Among twelve there most be one psyco, only asking the dumb questions, allow Anambarians to worry about the effects of the ICC to the state economy , focus on your state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Pigmy(m): 8:36am On Apr 26, 2021
triple996:
nonsenseangry the thing no complete self.
bad belle sighted.
appreciate good things
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by udomonday: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2021
Another mediocre project. Igbo's and mediocrity are like pussy and dick.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by KAM3KAZI: 11:17am On Apr 26, 2021
post=101108401:
Visit to 10,000 capacity international conference center today Awka, Anambra state

Roofing stage which I believe will be completed this week

I saw the construction,I thought it was an airport

1 Like

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2021
KAM3KAZI:

I saw the construction,I thought it was an airport
The airport is not in that location

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by chiefobdk(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Is it govt that is going to provide d goods and services that each person will spend their 50k on?

Ur response still fall short of d questions I asked:

If you are holding a big government conference on SME finance or Security there is no place to hold it big enough to contain attendees.

Am I d one to decide for mtn where it's going to hold it's conference on mobile money?

Your question does not make sense. The guy schooled you on how to use the centre and how it can make money for the state.

If the events in the centre can help to make people from other states come to Anambra and spend 5 billion each year.. Whatever they spent to build the event centre is a really wise investment.. Its the job of the government to better the lives of its citizens. That is why the federal government subsidise fuel...

Stop arguing like an illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by osita76(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
lexy2014:

your sadistic nature has been spotted outrightly if you cannot comprehend what was spelt out I advice you quite whining and lie low. All I am seeing now is envy that has overwhelmed your sense of reasoning
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2021
chiefobdk:

Your question does not make sense. The guy schooled you on how to use the centre and how it can make money for the state.

If the events in the centre can help to make people from other states come to Anambra and spend 5 billion each year.. Whatever they spent to build the event centre is a really wise investment.. Its the job of the government to better the lives of its citizens. That is why the federal government subsidise fuel...

Stop arguing like an illiterate

Can u show me d argument u referring to? I only asked questions. Can u tell me when questions became argument? Who is now d illiterate? U are spilling ur emotions & emotions don't answer questions. Meanwhile,

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
osita76:
your sadistic nature has been spotted outrightly if you cannot comprehend what was spelt out I advice you quite whining and lie low. All I am seeing now is envy that has overwhelmed your sense of reasoning

Your emotiy outburst hasn't answered d questions. Kindly avay urself d questions once again:

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by lexy2014: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
post=101129326:

Among twelve there most be one psyco, only asking the dumb questions, allow Anambarians to worry about the effects of the ICC to the state economy , focus on your state.

Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by osita76(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2021
mktinsight:

keep on lecturing him, you have proven to him beyond every reasonable doubt the revenue accrual to the state with such standard edifice that is been lacking in the South-East region. Only if envy and sadism will afford him the opportunity to acknowledge the fact.
Re: Anambra 10,000 Capacity International Conference Center Latest Update(photos) by osita76(m): 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
udomonday:
Another mediocre project. Igbo's and mediocrity are like pussy and dick.
useless mentality, when you see those types of developments outside your locality you always applaud and cherish them but when brought to your locality you started questioning the rational behind such move, is this not madness?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Even The Person In The Other Room Cant Get Ideas Into Buhari's Head- Sheikh Gumi / Christmas Photos Of Femi Fani-Kayode's Sons, The Triplets & Their Elder Brother / Isaac Fayose Mocks PDP, Atiku; Says Labour Party Has Retired PDP (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.