Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu (21316 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Uche Nwosu: You Are In Panic Because You Are Guilty - Imo Govt Replies Okorocha / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by HonNL: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
See Previous thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6530583/buhari-replies-ortom-expresses-disappointment

We read the statement signed by Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity, mallam Garba Shehu in which he said President Muhammadu Buhari had expressed “his disappointment and sadness to hear Samuel Ortom, the Governor of Benue State make a litany of accusations against his person and his government following the recent unfortunate incidents in the state”. Shehu was referring to Governor Ortom’s clarion call on the President to act decisively and in an unbiased manner to end the spate of killings by Fulani herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.

We are convinced that Mr President was not aware that his aide Shehu made such a statement on his behalf. It is clear that the media aide didn’t speak for the President in the said statement. President Buhari wouldn’t have given approval for such a reckless and insensitive press release.

What is wrong with Governor Ortom’s call on the President to address the nation, convene a national security summit and declare a state of emergency on security, following the spate of killings taking place in Benue and the remaining states of the federation?

Governor Ortom is not the only one who is worried by the worsening security situation in the country and has called on the President to rise to his responsibilities by declaring a state of emergency on security and convening a summit to address the numerous security challenges bedeviling the nation. Many other Nigerians of good conscience have at different times made similar calls. What the Governor therefore deserves is commendation and not condemnation.

If Garba Shehu claims that the President is disappointed in the Benue State Governor for speaking against the sustained attacks on his people, we wonder how he feels about the killings in North East, North West, South East, South West and other parts of the North Central. Are those killings occurring as a result of the comments of Governors of the affected states?

It is shocking that Shehu would make a statement regarding an attack evidently carried out by Fulani herdsmen and there won’t be a single sentence of reproach directed at the violent Fulani herders. Such a deliberate omission smacks of complicity and tacit support for the killer herders.

Shehu is aware that Governor Ortom has on several occasions raised alarm against activities of the rampaging herdsmen whose sole aim is to take over the ancestral lands of Benue people and other Nigerians. The Governor has written letters to the Federal Government and made other spirited efforts to have the government at the centre take preventive measures against further attacks on Benue communities. The Federal Government has repeatedly ignored such patriotic calls, insisting rather that cattle routes of the 1950s be re-opened to grant easy passage to the pastoralists and their animals.

The posture of the Federal Government has made many Nigerians to conclude that it is complicit and its inaction has emboldened the armed herdsmen to cause greater havoc across the country.

The President is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. The job of a Governor is to support security agencies to perform their duties, and this, Governor Ortom has done efficiently to the admiration of many Nigerians.

When President Buhari gave a shoot on sight order to security agencies against persons bearing AK47, Governor Ortom was one of the first to support the presidential directive. Minister of Defence came out a few weeks later to counter the President’s order and we expected a reaction from the Presidency but till this minute, no such reaction has been heard.

What Garba Shehu ought to know is that Governor Ortom has no personal grudge against the President. The Governor is only being patriotic by calling for justice, equity, fairness and above all the rule of law. He expects the President to be the leader of every Nigerian and treat all as his people.

Terver Akase
Chief Press Secretary
April 30, 2021.

SOURCE

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
If u like don't set up your own security forces like ESN ..stay there and be shouting for help

Equip them to fight both army and herdsmen ...you would see in 6 months you would have peace

Fulanis won't stop killing you until the risk of them getting killed if they attack you is very high

Why do you think fulanis haven't attacked Igbos in the north ...they no it's no longer like before

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Hashabiah: 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
When you have a leader that gives terrorist amnesty and supports them with ministerial post, you should expect him not to show sympathy when people get killed in his backyard

43 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Gospelpreacher1: 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
The statement alleged to have come from the President to the Governor is a Huge shame. I don't want to imagine or believe that the President uttered that, but if he did , then President Buhari is the Chief instigator of the killings and violence in the country.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by saintokwuluora(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
The Presidency will one day deny it is not the Presidency

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by DDDEnterprises: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
Wow! Nigeria isn't totally a dictatorship afterall. See State government talking back at the presidency. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Imsoblessed: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
undecided
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
ok
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by renegades(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
Commendation no be small,is not easy
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by FreeIgbos: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
The useless Southern errand boys that call themselves governors should look at Ortom and be ashamed of themselves. Here is a governor from a minority tribe in the North now challenging the jihardists yet these sisies we have here keep disgracing themselves!

Bastards!!!

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by lastempero: 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
The ortom of a guy na pure mumu, atleast you have power to set up a local vigilante and atleast equip them with pump action and codedly give them order to kill those terrorists n defend themselves the much they can and not to be crying out after every killing. You are a mumu man ortom!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by smileyoo: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The useless Southern errand boys that call themselves governors should look at Ortom and be ashamed of themselves. Here is a governor from a minority tribe in the North now challenging the jihardists yet these sisies we have here keep disgracing themselves!

Bastards!!!
especially the south east governors, very useless set of leaders.
good only as a useful idiots to the fulani- jihadists.
even when the fulani-jihadists keep on disappointing them for being loyal, by rewarding them by killing their citizens, yet these governors see nothing wrong in the killings of their citizens.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by aaa14bd1083: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
governor of waillers association of nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ortom should collaborate with ESN..
simple

12 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by SenatePresdo(m): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
The worst thing to befall this Nation is APC.

The Sad Truth is that I even wanted Change in 2015.
Of All my Family members, I was the only one that wanted GMB to win, gullible me.

My father would tell me that I shouldn't support Buhari in public so that people would not break my head, because We igbos never wanted that Man to win.

I was forming Woke, liberal and exposed.

Little did I know that Buhari is a Terrorist.

Never again shall I stand contrary to the wish of my people.

Ndi Igbos knows better. My liberalism failed me!

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by salbis(m): 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
Otorm, Adeshina, Garba, Lai, Gen. Bihari, etc are bunch of heartless and wicked fools.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Benue doesn’t know where they belong. Wait until boko kill you all.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by ictjobber: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021

Na mafia dey rule Nigeria
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
cool cool
Terrorists in high places.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Runaway: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Useless President and spoke man.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by free2ryhme: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by smartty68(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

A single sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it. That means that a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1,587.5TB.

cool

How can I convert this into a usable data? Because I can't continue to be dashing MTN/Airtel my money anyhow on monthly subs that don't last up to a week.

5 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Upton: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Garba Shehu is a clown na
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by fitzmayowa: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Garba Shehu's statement is an indication what is really happening across the country...

"its either you accept Ruga or we kill you and nothing will happen", the spike in attack by Fulani terrorists is to ensure they achieve Ruga by all means....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ortom stand your ground! Don't give in to the Bullies of Fulani herdsmen

6 Likes

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by wetmenow: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
CONFIRMATION THAT TERRORISTS ARE RULING NIGERIANS

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: Umahi Orders Immediate Sack Of Workers Absent From Work / I Have No Doubt Tinubu Will Perform – Oba Of Benin / Accommodation Commissioned For NAF Officers In Maiduguri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.