Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu (21359 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Uche Nwosu: You Are In Panic Because You Are Guilty - Imo Govt Replies Okorocha / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by 2special(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
Okortor:
I am so much happy that the yoruba's especially are feeling the heat. Bad as e bad, igbo man must do biz to survive with family but ofe nmanu people can't, I could remember vividly well that yr 2015 d way some afonjas were celebrating bubu's victory., I drove pass in pity. Now dem all don collect.
Useless n confused set of people.
No matter how bad Nigeria economy is, it can't affect me n my families cos I never voted for d lifeless one.
you're absolutely correct, the south east is not experiencing the negative effects of the Buhari regime
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by VirginSearcher(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
Garbage Shehu is that one a human being sad

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Elsueno: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
Igbochief001:
If u like don't set up your own security forces like ESN ..stay there and be shouting for help

Equip them to fight both army and herdsmen ...you would see in 6 months you would have peace

Fulanis won't stop killing you until the risk of them getting killed if they attack you is very high

Why do you think fulanis haven't attacked Igbos in the north ...they no it's no longer like before

U think ESN/UGM is what's keeping the northerners from retaliation?
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Fabnaija: 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
They will Commend you only if you are in support of their Fulanization and Islamization Agenda like our supreme court governor and Aboki Umahi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
saintokwuluora:
The Presidency will one day deny it is not the Presidency

Because "the presidency" is noone in particular and as such is an abstract noun therefore does not and never really existed.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by MPESA(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Wow! Nigeria isn't totally a dictatorship afterall. See State government talking back at the presidency. cheesy

Na who do you this Because of 30k ChAi BMC .
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by oluwasegun007(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
I wish I can see where to buy that his signature cap from...the guy got balls grin
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Elsueno: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
Okortor:
I am so much happy that the yoruba's especially are feeling the heat. Bad as e bad, igbo man must do biz to survive with family but ofe nmanu people can't, I could remember vividly well that yr 2015 d way some afonjas were celebrating bubu's victory., I drove pass in pity. Now dem all don collect.
Useless n confused set of people.
No matter how bad Nigeria economy is, it can't affect me n my families cos I never voted for d lifeless one.

Stop being delusional, as long as u live in Nigeria & do business here, wether u voted for Buhari or not his Economic policy go affect u. after all ur customers don't come out magically to buy ur products. Learn to respect them, Ipob brainwashing propaganda does not change the realities on ground
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Okortor: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
Big Fool, I earn salary, even d lockdown didn't affect me. So whatever economy of Nigeria cannot besides my biz isn't d kind that gets affected..it will only affect u n ur generations for voting Buhari. Get d hell outta my mention.
Elsueno:

Stop being delusional, as long as u live in Nigeria & do business here, wether u voted for Buhari or not his Economic policy go affect u. after all ur customers don't come out magically to buy ur products. Learn to respect them, Ipob brainwashing propaganda does not change the realities on ground
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2021
spinzagom:
Talk is cheap after all! Ortom na your mate? And who told you he is not doing something at his level as a governor? Only if you understand how complex this issues are and you will just keep quiet.

Don't mind kids who thinks governance is a joke.
they shouting security outfit just like his southern counterparts, they forget the middle belt is a hell of tribes been merged together and it's between two major religion as governor's.
Getting a security outfit in that region isn't realistic and truth be told the region isn't financially bouyant for such.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Latvin: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
Gov Ortom should compare notes with what Plateau and Nassarawa states are doing in handling the incessant Herders-Farmers crisis. It is not enough to keep talking as it degenerates into ego trips which politicians are good at, but doesn't solve the problem.

There has been relative peace in those states mentioned and we've heard little from them in recent past.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Machinegun91(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
Benue state government needs to setup a security network to protect and fight back those Buhari useless terrorists
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by orisa37: 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
Right.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by aimsr(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Wow! Nigeria isn't totally a dictatorship afterall. See State government talking back at the presidency. cheesy

Who is this one?
The presidency made a fool of itself by making those statements about a section of it people.
The presidency mean to say that the Benue people are being killed over the Governor's refusal to support a bill that seem to but his people at disadvantage. Can you imagine that?
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Blackdisciple(m): 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
This is just the truth.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Perfectnumber6(m): 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
SenatePresdo:
The worst thing to befall this Nation is APC.

The Sad Truth is that I even wanted Change in 2015.
Of All my Family members, I was the only one that wanted GMB to win, gullible me.

My father would tell me that I shouldn't support Buhari in public so that people would not break my head, because We igbos never wanted that Man to win.

I was forming Woke, liberal and exposed.

Little did I know that Buhari is a Terrorist.

Never again shall I stand contrary to the wish of my people.

Ndi Igbos knows better. My liberalism failed me!

Too late to cry now let ESN and UGM settle your case personally bye bye

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Latvin:
Gov Ortom should compare notes with what Plateau and Nassarawa states are doing in handling the incessant Herders-Farmers crisis. It is not enough to keep talking as it degenerates into ego trips which politicians are good at, but doesn't solve the problem.

There has been relative peace in those states mentioned and we've heard little from them in recent past.

Benue slogan is the food basket of the nation. One shouldn't compare the influx of herdsmen in Benue to any other state in the Belt region.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Obyino: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The useless Southern errand boys that call themselves governors should look at Ortom and be ashamed of themselves. Here is a governor from a minority tribe in the North now challenging the jihardists yet these sisies we have here keep disgracing themselves!

Bastards!!!
I swr guy the thing de vex me

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by RM147: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
toyo4souls:
Gov. Ortom, protect your people!

Attached Camry is for sale.
2012 Tokunbo Camry
Check signature for conctact details
How much?
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by billyG(m): 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
I blame IBB for this mess..when he caught d snake he should have caught his head off.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nitah1: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The useless Southern errand boys that call themselves governors should look at Ortom and be ashamed of themselves. Here is a governor from a minority tribe in the North now challenging the jihardists yet these sisies we have here keep disgracing themselves!

Bastards!!!
Point or correction sir, we (Tiv) people do not regard ourselves as minority, the last census put our population figure at over 4milion...as such we do not regard ourselves as minority instead it's the Hausa ahbi Fulanis that are minority..
Did you ever heard anything like tividoma or idomaigede anywhere in Benue state or such combination anywhere in Nigeria?
Only in the North your hear Hausafulani.. It just funny.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Lacisa: 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
lastempero:
The ortom of a guy na pure mumu, atleast you have power to set up a local vigilante and atleast equip them with pump action and codedly give them order to kill those terrorists n defend themselves the much they can and not to be crying out after every killing. You are a mumu man ortom!!

Your point is ok and valid as a spectator. From the look of things so far, you must know that Ortom is a smart politician with sound knowledge of the laws of power backed up with similar checkmating skills from a chess game. Creating a state security outfit with ammunition like some other state governors have done will be a wrong and miscalculated step by Ortom that will lead to the declaration of state of emergency.

Ortom is aware of that, he will not try it. If the governor's state security outfit goes after armed herdsmen, they will retaliate as they have planned and the state will be in chaos, their media aides will raise the volume all over social media and in less than 3 days after the first violence, a state of emergency will likely be declared and a fulani person maybe appointed as sole administrator or with any other title to quickly legalise RUGA in the state. If that happens, Fulani herdmen will not only have edge in the state, another political party will capture the state from PDP easily as the sole Admin will likely work against PDP in any election to elect a new governor. At that point, Ortom must have been politically neutralised completely and may even be arrested and prosecuted for arming his security outfit without police approval to kill people. You can read up former Adamawa state governor vs Jonathan.

Ortom is playing a fairly okay politics from my point of view. He is attacking them verbally but courteous about the other side because he knows they left it open as a trap for him.The highest Ortom can do is to empower any federal government security structure that is sympathetic to him.
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Latvin: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
stinflame:

Benue slogan is the food basket of the nation. One shouldn't compare the influx of herdsmen in Benue to any other state in the Belt region.

How does that solve the problem? Seeking for genuine solutions should be the desire. There are templates of what has worked elsewhere. If not solved now, it will keep lingering. It was there before PMB came into office, it will be there after he leaves if no calm head prevails on shoulders
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nitah1: 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
Latvin:

By accepting RUGA and other Fulani agenda in the state, right?

Look my friend your people's plan is not to feed their smelling cattle in Benue state, we all know what they want and that's to complete what a terrorist called USMAN DAN FODIO started but failed in 1804,but remember we stopped him, we will still stop Fulani terrorists from infiltrating our state.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nitah1: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2021
Latvin:

How does that solve the problem? Seeking for genuine solutions should be the desire. There are templates of what has worked elsewhere. If not solved now, it will keep lingering. It was there before PMB came into office, it will be there after he leaves if no calm head prevails on shoulders
We cannot give out an inch of Benue land to Fulani, we are farmers yet federal government have not deemed it fit to allocate land to our farmers all over Nigeria, why must their own be different?
We do rent land anywhere we go to farm in Nigeria.
Accept RUGA is what they want and they will not get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
Latvin:

The solution is Ranching, which the state have officially adopted. But the presidency is bent on RUGA. The presidency is actually the facilitator of this crises they keep pushing RUGA knowing fully well it's meant to favourable the herdsmen over the original owners. Plateau Governor accepted RUGA of which he seriously don't know what is ahead or better still he choose to turn a deaf ear and din with the devil.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by matterNodey: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
This country nawa oooooo
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by lastempero: 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lacisa:

Your point is ok and valid as a spectator. From the look of things so far, you must know that Ortom is a smart politician with sound knowledge of the laws of power backed up with similar checkmating skills from a chess game. Creating a state security outfit with ammunition like some other state governors have done will be a wrong and miscalculated step by Ortom that will lead to the declaration of state of emergency.

Ortom is aware of that, he will not try it. If the governor's state security outfit goes after armed herdsmen, they will retaliate as they have planned and the state will be in chaos, their media aides will raise the volume all over social media and in less than 3 days after the first violence, a state of emergency will likely be declared and a fulani person maybe appointed as sole administrator or with any other title to quickly legalise RUGA in the state. If that happens, Fulani herdmen will not only have edge in the state, another political party will capture the state from PDP easily as the sole Admin will likely work against PDP in any election to elect a new governor. At that point, Ortom must have been politically neutralised completely and may even be arrested and prosecuted for arming his security outfit without police approval to kill people. You can read up former Adamawa state governor vs Jonathan.

Ortom is playing a fairly okay politics from my point of view. He is attacking them verbally but courteous about the other side because he knows they left it open as a trap for him.The highest Ortom can do is to empower any federal government security structure that is sympathetic to him.

My brother/sister we are talking about human life that you can't equate with anything no matter how logical you want to sound or present yourself as. What this bastards respect is blood 4 blood so by arming his people to protect themselves, he will be saving alot of life even if a state of emergency is declared.Have you ever wonder why igbo elders or any sound igbo mind cannot condemn esn totally. This bastards have no time for political correctness so you have to give them what they deserve. What's the joy of been politically correct n losing lots of life.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Jlow2: 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
much respect for otorm, the only governor whom has defended his people against all odds, history will be kind to his generation
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Elsueno: 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
Okortor:
Big Fool, I earn salary, even d lockdown didn't affect me. So whatever economy of Nigeria cannot besides my biz isn't d kind that gets affected..it will only affect u n ur generations for voting Buhari. Get d hell outta my mention.

grin Na the same people go eat you & ur money when things get hard, keep deceiving urself thinking u are safe. When hunger strikes, even ipob members go Rob you grin grin

Instead of being selfish, better pray everyone around ur vicinity is content. otherwise, u guys will just end up being "fat" & "juicy" targets

1 Like

Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by Okortor: 11:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
Bastard, born throw way. Na prostitute mama I blame wey no abort u From birth. Nonsense fool, ewu awusa
Elsueno:

grin Na the same people go eat you & ur money when things get hard, keep deceiving urself thinking u are safe. When hunger strikes, even ipob members go Rob you grin grin

Instead of being selfish, better pray everyone around ur vicinity is content. otherwise, u guys will just end up being "fat" & "juicy" targets
Re: Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu by bstan12: 8:38am On May 01, 2021
lastempero:
The ortom of a guy na pure mumu, atleast you have power to set up a local vigilante and atleast equip them with pump action and codedly give them order to kill those terrorists n defend themselves the much they can and not to be crying out after every killing. You are a mumu man ortom!!
pump action against assult gun?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC To Deploy Additional 200 Machines To South-East For Registration / Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun / $500m Abacha Loot Goes Missing; EFCC Launches Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.