Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? (34155 Views)

Which Network Is The Most Cost-effective For Data In Nigeria? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Cost Of 1Gb Of Data In Every Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Minjim: 8:36pm On May 05, 2021
Youngokwy:
you can also get 2.5gb for 1000frs on 1 month

I'm in Nigeria o
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by awulio(f): 8:37pm On May 05, 2021
I run my business from home so I use a lot of data

Curious345:
o haven't used 900gb in the last 5 years ..and here you are using 900gb monthly ?

Wawuuuu
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You need to be in télécommunications to understand their register. The data is unlimited simply cause it does not have a hard cap. This means you'll never run out of data while you're still within your validity period. The download speed is reduced when you pass the soft cap but you'd still be using the data nevertheless even if you passed the soft cap on the first day of the month (thus unlimited data). This change in speed is hardly even noticed by most users. Speed and data availability are treated as two different concepts cause whether limited or unlimited, speed is always scaled out here (i.e sold at different prices) and that will not be possible if they are muddled up. So you can argue that there's no unlimited speed but linguistically, it's very much correct to say there's unlimited data. That contrasts with plans where data is quantified instead of speed.

True, once threshold is reached then speed is reduced. For 4g users this can be reduced to 3g/2g. For some users this is fine, while many don't even get up to the threshold. It's better said unlimited access to data. Technically data can be quantified as they're all in drives but that will be going beyond the scope of this subject.

Then while data can be advertised as "unlimited data" that does not guarantee data access or consistent speed.

Threshold or not you still feel the impact of speed if you're in crowded arenas like stadiums. On some occasions, I could hardly use regular applications on my cell phone. Thanks to 5G and wifi6E, there will be improvements but the fact remains that it's a cat and mouse game, as humans we'll never get enough and that's why Resourcefulness, Creativity, Imagination and Innovation are unlimited.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by drphantom: 2:56am On May 06, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nigerians will be surprised we still av some of the cheapest data in d world

It’s not just the cost but the value you get for the cost.

The best I have ever gotten in Nigeria on a Speedtest is 35mbps. Most providers hover between 5 and 10mbps.

In many of those countries with seemingly higher data cost you are looking at a minimum of 100mbps as routine internet speeds.

Imagine downloading a 1gb movie in less than a minute!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by bfire(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2021
obiem:

Freedom mobile i guess? Mine is $50(without tax)unlimited call, text etc per month but 16gb per month. I stay in the GTA too...

Fido/chatr
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by bfire(m): 7:33am On May 06, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Come and adopt me wayooooo

No problemo. So long you will change time and become a baby.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by passion007: 7:34am On May 06, 2021
Manchester UK

Unlimited home fibre broadband at 100mbps, bundled with a TV box (like dstv) and home land phone, with 30G of mobile data for £32, around NGN 17k
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2021
[quote author=SweetCunt97 post=101413990]So how do we start[/quote0]

Sweetcunt, why such username
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:28pm On May 06, 2021
[quote author=Ekeeyhandsome post=101424746][/quote]Nothing in particular really. I assume yours to be Thanks in ibo ryt
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:30pm On May 06, 2021
bfire:

No problemo. So long you will change time and become a baby.
impossible naw
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2021
SweetCunt97 post=101434413]Nothing in particular really. I assume yours to be Thanks in ibo ryt[/quote]

Nope.. meanwhile Dm your number let's chat via video
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:57pm On May 06, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
SweetCunt97 post=101434413]Nothing in particular really. I assume yours to be Thanks in ibo ryt

Nope.. meanwhile Dm your number let's chat via video
Roger that
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by ModestGal(f): 1:59pm On May 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Wow! Just like that?
The wow got me.
Are you surprised? There's a surge in the level of moral decadence on nairaland especially, when it on issues relating to religion, politics, tribe and there comes opposing views. You must be new to nairaland or you just prefer to shy away. Without much morals yourself, its possible you get influenced
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by dochenaj: 5:39pm On May 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where?

In Nigeria, 1.5gb can be gotten for 300 naira for 7days. That is about 0.7 cents.
Abeg, which network?
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Tats(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2021
Suky01:
£20 per month for 20G/B per month

That's too much. I pay £20 for 150GB on O2 and I can use my data in 70 countries including USA.
I usually upgrade to a higher data once I see them advertising new plans or doing promo.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by edoairways: 10:05pm On May 06, 2021
PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.
It isn't
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by oblaak(m): 10:35pm On May 06, 2021
CheedyJ:

Is lagos outside Nigeria or there’s a country called Lagos that I’m ignorant of?
There’s Lagos in Portugal
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by wiseoneking: 7:37pm On May 08, 2021
stayclearofme:

Lol.. metro pc? That is one of the worst network in US! Very cheap but very unstable network.. I just dump it some time ago.
I use AT$T and Cricket. AT$T is $55/month unlimited Cricket is 50/month unlimited. Here in Texas.
This is quite This is quite ridiculous, pay much doesn't really translates to better services. Is not that it is cheap, I said I am in family and friends package with my family. Max of 4 people. I use to pay what you mentioned above. They have $55, 45 plan for individual also. Over here in the East coast, that's what is popular. Cricket is the worst here.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Tolu181: 8:28pm On May 08, 2021
Proudlyngwa:
Mtn naija 24gig 2k5 which is approximately 6 dollars .

Special package though

Make sure, lie no kill you in this world
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by stayclearofme: 9:07pm On May 08, 2021
wiseoneking:
This is quite This is quite ridiculous, pay much doesn't really translates to better services. Is not that it is cheap, I said I am in family and friends package with my family. Max of 4 people. I use to pay what you mentioned above. They have $55, 45 plan for individual also. Over here in the East coast, that's what is popular. Cricket is the worst here.
Excuse me I never said paying much translates to better service, try to read properly. I have used metro pcs in many state, it is horrible irrespective of the package you are using. May be you are fortunate that it works at your side between metro pcs is now under T-mobile so there was a little improvement in their services. I just dump my metro pcs line of recent. Here in Texas it is horrible, California the same, Nevada the same. I can go on and on.
Take note I am not talking about what I heard but about my experience in many states and also from friends and families.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Akanimoh113(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I get you. But with Whatsapp for social chats and Microsoft Teams for office stuff, some of us hardly ever make charged calls. Banks, police, government offices, hospitals, etc. are toll free and most people don't like unplanned calls.

Oh Ya... True...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by shantti(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
sunshineV:
here in lagos, it's 1500 for 1GB per 3days

Wow, so Lagos is now diaspora, thank God
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by shantti(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
WoundedLamb:
In Québec and Toronto, I pay $49.95/mo for unlimited home internet plan (comes with tv). My prepaid subscription for mobile comes with 1G which I don't get to use these days cause I'm either at home, at work, at a friend's place or somewhere where there's WiFi for public consumption like restaurants, train stations, salons, etc.

I don't really think you'd get a good understanding of internet cost by just looking at the purchasing prices in different countries cause economy also matters. Money is what money can buy and figures alone don't say much. For example, you'd need to know what people earn as income in these countries, the cost of other things in the country, etc. before you can say if something is really expensive or not.

But is $49 expensive if you consider the minimum wage over there?
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by shantti(m): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Unlimited does not mean unlimited, unlimited does not exist because of network overload.

Every unlimited has a threshold, once you pass it, the speed reduces.

The threshold could be 1tb, 500gb, 100gb.

U r talking about speed and he is talking about quantity of data, the both of u r right
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by WoundedLamb: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
shantti:

But is $49 expensive if you consider the minimum wage over there?

The minimum wage in Toront (Ontario) is $14.35 per hour before tax. If you consider tax, that is slightly less than $2,000 per month (assuming you work 40hrs per week). Considering other things you pay for at the end of the month, the basket worth of $49 (i.e other things you can buy with the money e.g I can get a Kodac Printomatic instant-print camera for that amount) as well as the fact that some hourly earners have limits in terms of hour many hours they can work in a week (talking about students), I'd say it's on the high side.

Here, things are considered expensive not just when people can't buy them, but mostly because such items make people live from hand to mouth. People pay house rent monthly, they pay for mobile, internet, transport, insurance, etc. At the end, low income earners might not have enough to save/invest and they'll be forced to buy other essentials on credit.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by shantti(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The minimum wage in Toront (Ontario) is $14.35 per hour before tax. If you consider tax, that is slightly less than $2,000 per month (assuming you work 40hrs per week). Considering other things you pay for at the end of the month, the basket worth of $49 (i.e other things you can buy with the money e.g I can get a Kodac Printomatic instant-print camera for that amount) as well as the fact that some hourly earners have limits in terms of hour many hours they can work in a week (talking about students), I'd say it's on the high side.

Here, things are considered expensive not just when people can't buy them, but mostly because such items make people live from hand to mouth. People pay house rent monthly, they pay for mobile, internet, transport, insurance, etc. At the end, low income earners might not have enough to save/invest and they'll be forced to buy other essentials on credit.
Ok, mate

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by DreamyEyes: 2:00pm On May 13, 2022
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by DreamyEyes: 3:56pm On May 13, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.