Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? (34150 Views)

Which Network Is The Most Cost-effective For Data In Nigeria? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Cost Of 1Gb Of Data In Every Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by inze(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2021
. . . I think one should be more concerned about internet speed compared to its price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Cnach: 7:40am On May 05, 2021
Tats:
Mobile: 150Gb+unlimited national calls and text = £20 monthly
Home: Unlimited WIFI + house phone + Cable TV including sports = £91 monthly (after discount for triple package).

Practically don't use the mobile data now as working from home and phone connects to home wifi.
Home service provider said I used 116GB in April and that is mainly due to conference & video calls and work email attachments.
bro i fit send u money make u waybill am gi me?
I nor dey far o, na buhari republic so o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2021
Mtn naija 24gig 2k5 which is approximately 6 dollars .

Special package though
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by BruncleZuma: 7:42am On May 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2021
I use unlimited data for R799 SA a month, that's about 20k in naira
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by bigtt76(f): 7:42am On May 05, 2021
Nor bi when network de you go buy? cheesy

Incognito403:

Why not buy 6gig for 1,500 per week. It's available on MTN and Airtel.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by CheedyJ(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2021
HellAnus:

There is a place called lagos in Portugal
Thanks , just confirmed it now but he was definitely talking about Lagos, Nigeria though..
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 7:43am On May 05, 2021
The main issue with Nigeria is her currency. It is bad. $40 in the US for unlimited access is not uncommon. That's around N18,000 - N19,600 here. Many wireless offer such or even at lesser prices for unlimited here. While the average pay for the poor there is around $800 to $1,500 monthly, and average earners earn up to $5,000, poor people earn exactly around that N18,000. Will they use all their salary to pay for data subscriptions? 800usd is N376,000. How many earn such in Naija? Think naooo. Our high earn here is like their low poor earner there. We need to do something about our economy.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Yankee101: 7:44am On May 05, 2021
Lol

Unlimited texts, calls and data with your phone plan
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nigerians will be surprised we still av some of the cheapest data in d world

Nigeria doesn't have the cheapest data in the world, it's quite too expensive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by techtechh: 7:44am On May 05, 2021
In India, Bangalore its 6k naira for 100gb
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by KazikageSama: 7:44am On May 05, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:
Unlimited 50/50 #31,000 ZAR1039 Monthly

What network are you using? Celc is offering 50Gb day and 50GB night for 500ZAR (approx. 15k)
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by phylshan: 7:44am On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
In Québec and Toronto, I pay $49.95/mo for unlimited home internet plan (comes with tv). My prepaid subscription for mobile comes with 1G which I don't get to use these days cause I'm either at home, at work, at a friend's place or somewhere where there's WiFi for public consumption like restaurants, train stations, salons, etc.

I don't really think you'd get a good understanding of internet cost by just looking at the purchasing prices in different countries cause economy also matters. Money is what money can buy and figures alone don't say much. For example, you'd need to know what people earn as income in these countries, the cost of other things in the country, etc. before you can say if something is really expensive or not.
You are an economist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Mutemenot(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2021
Comparing internet services and prices in abroad with naija is insulting ... here MTN 'll give u 20gb for 5k , b3fore u know it it's exhausted. U 'll be wondering how n when u used it.. my place in abroad, a package I use serves me for calls, sports and movie channels, unlimited data with atleast 10 gadgets .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ibrocalculus(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2021
Cheap MTN data

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Kennitrust(m): 7:46am On May 05, 2021
1 dollars
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by bigpicture001: 7:46am On May 05, 2021
Ikonsoway:
Germany, I pay 15 euros which is about 8500 naira for unlimited phone and data plans. The unlimited data comes with 50 GB internet fair usage and unlimited calls and data and my house also has unlimited WiFi as part of It's facilities.

Don't say unlimited if it has a cap....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Sunkyphil(m): 7:46am On May 05, 2021
nothing sweet like unlimited
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sulaak(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2021
I live in the UK, I have unlimited data for £60 per month from BT, I selected this deal because I work from home and I need reliable internet access for two critical businesses that I work on.

My brother lives in central London, Kings Cross to be exact and he uses a small Internet provider and he get unlimited download speed and 10 MB upload speed for £17.99 per month.

I will be changing my internet provider once my contracts end in December.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Cnach: 7:47am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Note: there is nothing like unlimited internet all over the world, unlimited internet is just a marketing word

Every "unlimited internet" has a threshold.

100gb in ogodo Nigeria is 42 dollar.
Unlimited is 52 dollars per month
Another type of unlimited is 125 dollars per month
see this one, we know u..suffering and smiling. somebody on top of palm tree is telling u that the palm fruits has ripe and u at home is telling him there is nothing like that. calm down make people wey know what's up tell u the gist

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by wiseoneking: 7:47am On May 05, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
California, USA..
Roughly 40 USD per month.
Unlimited..
Actually $25 with friends and family on Metro Pc. Why pay so much when you have a lot of alternative number and even cheaper networks
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Brown152(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Country-China
Network-中国移动
Price-100rmb (5000+ naira)
Package- Unlimited
Duration- 1month

You are right. 60rmb does the magic for me for the whole month.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by AfonjaBoston: 7:48am On May 05, 2021
Tats:
Mobile: 150Gb+unlimited national calls and text = £20 monthly
Home: Unlimited WIFI + house phone + Cable TV including sports = £91 monthly (after discount for triple package).

Practically don't use the mobile data now as working from home and phone connects to home wifi.
Home service provider said I used 116GB in April and that is mainly due to conference & video calls and work email attachments.

Ode show yourself
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Cnach: 7:48am On May 05, 2021
tayo60:
Here to count how many nairalanders are in diaspora while I'm not cry cry cry
Guy u never count me o
count me and join nah
I dey worry o and u know say area no dey carry last
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by purplekayc(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2021
PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Olabode211: 7:49am On May 05, 2021
imagine someone paying 3yen equivalent to #10 for 25G for 60days and you expect God to intervene...
you better find better country to go,no be only naija God created ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Cnach: 7:50am On May 05, 2021
Minjim:

Duration?
I can get 2.5g on Mtn for #500. But it's just for two days
dial *121*1# and see if u have an offer that may save u money
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by prophetvaliance: 7:50am On May 05, 2021
blairlady:
3days? I tend to argue
I subscribed 6GB for a week and before 24hours it all disappear into the air. Just four downloads only with less MB space.
Hanty no be fuel station wey dem Dey adjust the meter count.. How many video did you stream? WhatsApp status, Facebook and IG? If you know how much data your FB and IG feed dey take, you go shock

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2021
I live in Poland. My home internet comes with my rent with a speed of 250Mbps unlimited. My mobile data works whenever I recharge my phone. I don't have a need to buy data.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 7:53am On May 05, 2021
Roddwave:

Na joke i dey joke i no mean am
no be everything u go carry joke here na. thunder fire ur mama
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by ShoeShineGuy: 7:53am On May 05, 2021
Den of mostly liars.. grin
A lot of people go dey for computer village and Alaba dey claim Forth Worth and Vancouver! grin grin

Here for Alimosho, 9gig for N2,000 on MTN. Man must not do pass him power. The country nor dey smile and a man has got to keep his soul and those of his family together.. Doesn't last a month though but will keep me running for at least 20days on average except when I have zoom meetings.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.