Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Staying With His Grandmother For A Month - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Staying With His Grandmother For A Month (1475 Views)

Guys, What Is The Worst That Can Happen From Staying Without Sex? / Ladies, How Many Times Do You Get "Hit on" In A Month / Staying With Your Better Half While He/she Poos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by aminalib(f): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
If u are to marry someone outside ur tribe, and he insists u go to his village for a month with his grandmother so u can learn how to cook his meals, would you?
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by BABE3: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
I'm marrying an IGBO guy (hopefully) , so I'm ready for all the village BS!  cheesy cheesy

I can't fix igbo meals, it's only Amala, ewedu, and Co, I can fix!  embarassed

Bottom line, I'll be happy to learn! cheesy I'm not fetching water for no grandma though undecided
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

I'm marrying an IGBO guy (hopefully) , so I'm ready for all the village BS!  cheesy cheesy

I can't fix igbo meals, it's only Amala, ewedu, and Co, I can fix!  embarassed

Bottom line, I'll be happy to learn! cheesy I'm not fetching water for no grandma though undecided

. . . Interesting
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by BABE3: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
---- ^^ Elaborate pls! cheesy
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Pweety4me(f): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^What state are you from?

@OP What is wrong with his hands?can't he teach me?nonensical!

Well it depends. . .
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by BABE3: 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2011
Osun! cheesy Why do you ask?
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

---- ^^ Elaborate pls! cheesy

Elaborate on what? sad
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by BABE3: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^mshewwww-- go away! tongue
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
aminalib:

If u are to marry someone outside your tribe, and he insists u go to his village for a month with his grandmother so u can learn how to cook his meals, would you?
Happily.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by r231(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^^What state are you from?

@OP What is wrong with his hands?can't he teach me?nonensical!

Well it depends. . .

maybe he doesn't know how to cook grin cheesy
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
If someone isnt comfortable with other ethnicities besides his own, then why is he dating outside his tribe in the first place?

I dont get some relationships of nowadays where the man tries to mold the woman or is it the woman trying to mold herself into an exact replica of somebody's culture simply because she wants to please the man.

Maybe i'm missing something or am old fashioned.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by HighChief4(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
Why to his grandman, trust me she will find 1million faults. Not a good idea
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Pweety4me(f): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
tpiah!:

If someone isnt comfortable with other ethnicities besides his own, then why is he dating outside his tribe in the first place?

I dont get some relationships of nowadays where the man tries to mold the woman or is it the woman trying to mold herself into an exact replica of somebody's culture simply because she wants to please the man.

Maybe i'm missing something or am old fashioned.
I totally agree sista, there really should be some balance but they love to brainwash themselves with tradition, wife values & 'love' shiorrr
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Pweety4me(f): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2011
r231:

maybe he doesn't know how to cook grin cheesy

Umm to bad then.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

^^^mshewwww-- go away! tongue

bye.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
If a man you're dating keeps harping on the fact that you're not as anything as his home girls, then why are you still with him?

Just my opinion.

I'm not a guy but i do think if you're with someone from a different culture than yours, expecting her to magically transform into a clone of the very girls you didnt date in the first place, seems very unrealistic.

I could be wrong however but it all seems weird to me.

However, i feel most times, its the women who try to be as ethnically close to the man as possible, in an attempt tp please him, or out of fear of losing the man to his female counterpart.

But a man who will cheat, can cheat with anybody from anywhere.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Wislet(f): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
SOME REALLY RIDICULOUS REPLIES HERE. The man grew up wit some kind of delicacies & has grown to relish them. Him asking his future wife to go learn how to cook them does not in any way mean he doesn't cherish her the way she is. He's NOT asking her to learn how to sweep de house/fetch water/keep clean, she already knows those! Men love good food, especially the locally prepared. His to-be wife is not from his place, so she doesn't know how to prepare them. He could easily have decided to marry someone from his place who could naturally cook good food for him, but he has found love elsewhere. Igbo men dont play wit good food. So what is de crime in asking his wife-to-be to learn how to cook his best foods, to keep his eyes at home, Instead of always missing mummy's nice dishes? Some ladies really need to get rid of their s.tupid pride dat will get them nowhere.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by namfav(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
all the trouble for food, can someone be that epicure
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by mojounited(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
Wislet:

SOME REALLY RIDICULOUS REPLIES HERE. The man grew up wit some kind of delicacies & has grown to relish them. Him asking his future wife to go learn how to cook them does not in any way mean he doesn't cherish her the way she is. He's NOT asking her to learn how to sweep de house/fetch water/keep clean, she already knows those! Men love good food, especially the locally prepared. His to-be wife is not from his place, so she doesn't know how to prepare them. He could easily have decided to marry someone from his place who could naturally cook good food for him, but he has found love elsewhere. Igbo men dont play wit good food. So what is de crime in asking his wife-to-be to learn how to cook his best foods, to keep his eyes at home, Instead of always missing mummy's nice dishes? Some ladies really need to get rid of their s.tupid pride dat will get them nowhere.
^ kiss kiss Are you married yet?? My Birmingham brother 190 needs a wifey grin
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Beync(f): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2011
There is nothing wrong with learning his meals but wudnt travlin all the way to villa for one month training. Learning how to cook these meals can take place anywhere, i can meet with friends or relatives who knows how to prepare these foods and arrange for the the whole thing. there are some markets in town where u can buy all those home stuffs while u do the practicals. with continues practice u'l be perfect.
Dats for me,as for u if your fiance says u shud go villa and it's ok by u, why not.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
Wislet:

sweetie, no need to panic.

all i'm telling you is if a man keeps mentioning how much he wishes you were from his ethnic group, then you shouldnt feel obliged to knock yourself senseless trying to copy the same.

someone like that can never be satisfied with a copy of the original when he can easily get the original if that's what he wants.

little story:

my friend's family friend had a brother who was dating this lady who happened to be a great cook, extremely beautiful and all any man would want in a wife. She would prepare delicious dishes that got the whole relatives salivating and eager to see her. Surprisingly [perhaps], the man broke up with her much to the dismay of his food loving family, and eventually got married to someone who could barely boil an egg, or so i heard.  The other lady also married someone else who i assume appreciated her better.

and did i mention the first lady actually wasnt the only girlfriend visiting at the time- she was just the best cook of all of them. lipsrsealed

so my point is nigerians are very obliging [unlike me], and they wont refuse should you make a request in the name of trying to outsmart them, or that they dont quite agree with.

However, anyone trying to outwit a nigerian man [especially the ones needing green card or visa]will have to buckle up their trousers and then some, because say for example, you demand you want to go and live with his grandma as a way of holding the man. He can be from say yoruba- what's to prevent him from handing you over to an old woman in bayelsa who he says is his grandma, while he checks out the local babes as you slave away learning his local dishes.

Or if indeed you spend a month or more with his actual grandma, then head back home, and as soon as you leave, the other girlfriends also rotate their own stays with grandma while learning how to cook his favorite nigerian foods.

so, win-win situation for the man, not so sure for the woman, especially considering the mosquito bites and whatnot that will also come with the experience.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Wislet(f): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2011
tpiah!:

sweetie, no need to panic.

all i'm telling you is if a man keeps mentioning how much he wishes you were from his ethnic group, then you shouldnt feel obliged to knock yourself senseless trying to copy the same.

someone like that can never be satisfied with a copy of the original when he can easily get the original if that's what he wants.

little story:

my friend's family friend had a brother who was dating this lady who happened to be a great cook, extremely beautiful and all any man would want in a wife. She would prepare delicious dishes that got the whole relatives salivating and eager to see her. Surprisingly [perhaps], the man broke up with her much to the dismay of his food loving family, and eventually got married to someone who could barely boil an egg, or so i heard.  The other lady also married someone else who i assume appreciated her better.

and did i mention the first lady actually wasnt the only girlfriend visiting at the time- she was just the best cook of all of them. lipsrsealed

so my point is nigerians are very obliging [unlike me], and they wont refuse should you make a request in the name of trying to outsmart them, or that they dont quite agree with.

However, anyone trying to outwit a nigerian man [especially the ones needing green card or visa]will have to buckle up their trousers and then some, because say for example, you demand you want to go and live with his grandma as a way of holding the man. He can be from say yoruba- what's to prevent him from handing you over to an old woman in bayelsa who he says is his grandma, while he checks out the local babes as you slave away learning his local dishes.

Or if indeed you spend a month or more with his actual grandma, then head back home, and as soon as you leave, the other girlfriends also rotate their own stays with grandma while learning how to cook his favorite nigerian foods.

so, win-win situation for the man, not so sure for the woman, especially considering the mosquito bites and whatnot that will also come with the experience.
Well, we can't just assume the man is a player or unserious. And where is it said de man wished she was from his ethnic group? Let's not make assumptions pls. We are not talking about players, but responsible men that want to settle down with their chosen wives.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^afesona isnt the same as wife.

ie girlfriend is different from wife.

no matter how much a nigerian man insists they are the same, he knows they are not.

all this brouhaha about cooking nigerian food sef- this trend only started due to the large scale migration of nigerians in the last decade or so.

before that, nigerians darn well ate whatever was the local food in their country of residence, because there was no widespread availability of african foods abroad like we see today.

We are not talking about players, but responsible men that want to settle down with their chosen wives.

plenty of nigerian men are married to foreign women who have never set foot in nigeria, talkless meet their husband's grandma.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Wislet(f): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2011
We know it's not All men that request this. We are talkin about those that do. It is not a crime if it means so much to de man. All dis 'civilization' sef. Women did this before without complaining. Why is it a big deal now?
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by iice(f): 4:55am On Apr 26, 2011
Not an unreasonable suggestion but no for me. A grandfather maybe but not a grandmother.
Besides it would be weird that he should ask me that if we are getting married.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by InkedNerd(f): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2011
@OP: Sure if he can go to my village and chill with my granny so he can do the same then no problem cool
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by obowunmi(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2011
If I love her, why not ? I don't mind learning from her grandma --- esp if time permits me.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by InkedNerd(f): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2011
^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by 190: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2011
wat happened to his MOM!!

aminalib does mobo444 want to take you to Nigeria shocked shocked
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2011
Some of you girls must be thinking of marrying some cave men.What happens to him cooking his own or teaching you how to cook what he likes to eat?
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by esteduca(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2011
Can't you get any help from friends or. . books?
To me is clear he wants you to be teached not only to cook.
Re: Staying With His Grandmother For A Month by Natasha2(f): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
hmmmmmmmmm me don't know undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

To What Extent in a relationship Can U Take You Gal/guy To See Your Parents? / My Boyfwend's Brother Is In Love Wit Me / Advice..am Going Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.