Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent (1846 Views)

Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial / Jonathan And Sambo With Oritsejafor, CAN President, Others / CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by miqos02(m): 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Violence: Buhari blasts CAN President, says Oritsejafor is Aso Rock’s agent
By Yusuf Alli 1 hour ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Gen. Muhammadu Buhari

The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday faulted the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Oritsejafor, for demanding his arrest over post-election violence in the North.

He said Oritsejafor’s call was unfounded and reckless abuse of office.

Buhari, who expressed anger against Oritsejafor in a statement in Abuja through his spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, described the CAN President’s call as satanic.

The statement said: “Our attention has been drawn to a totally misguided call for the arrest of General Muhammadu Buhari by Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor in a reckless abuse of the office of the President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) for a purely political consultancy for Aso Rock.

”It is unfortunate that he has chosen the Easter day, when most Christian leaders were espousing the message of love which the risen Christ symbolizes, to make a satanic call capable of only pouring gasoline into a burning flame which casts him in the mould of a PDP goon rather than a responsible faith leader whose words at the moment should be of healing and reconciliation.

In all his sound and fury, Pastor Oritsejafor did not provide any evidence to link Gen. Buhari to the wave of unfortunate spontaneous revolt against vote theft in parts of the country beyond playing the role of a "false accuser of the brethren".

“It is on record that the CPC Presidential flag bearer has distanced himself and the Party from the mayhem severally and strongly condemned the burning of worship places and alleged killings of youth corps members. Till date, nobody has brought out any contrary facts beyond false innuendos and character assassination which Pastor Oritsejafor has also been recruited into.

“The ridiculous claim by the cleric that Buhari is culpable because there were disturbances where he won is like calling Oritsejafor a hemp smoker because someone is seen smoking marijuana around the premises of Word of Life Bible Church. Absurdity!

“While we concede to the Villa Priest who is widely believed to be a beneficiary of the rot that presently defines governance in Nigeria the right to defend the tainted victory of the PDP, we frown at the use of the CAN mask to prosecute his Aso Rock brief.

”Our collective memory is not so short as not to know that unlike other revered men of God who have been on that exalted seat and spoke truth to power in the order of Samuel who put God's command above the fat of oxen, we don't have a quote of Pastor “Oritsejafor on the unbridled corruption and open banditry that has been the defining rule of governance in the country. The images of him the people have is roaming the villa corridors and parading government houses across Nigeria giving spiritual succour to treasury looters.

If Pastor Oritsejafor happens to be a sounding board for President Jonathan's crackdown, we strongly suspect he is, we can only say: G00D LUCK!”
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Kilode1: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
“The ridiculous claim by the cleric that Buhari is culpable because there were disturbances where he won is like calling Oritsejafor a hemp smoker because someone is seen smoking marijuana around the premises of Word of Life Bible Church. Absurdity!

”Our collective memory is not so short as not to know that unlike other revered men of God who have been on that exalted seat and spoke truth to power in the order of Samuel who put God's command above the fat of oxen, we don't have a quote of Pastor “Oritsejafor on the unbridled corruption and open banditry that has been the defining rule of governance in the country. The images of him the people have is roaming the villa corridors and parading government houses across Nigeria giving spiritual succour to treasury looters.

“If Pastor Oritsejafor happens to be a sounding board for President Jonathan's crackdown, we strongly suspect he is, we can only say: G00D LUCK!

Na wa o

Nigerian politics is becoming even more comedic, I hope they won't start charging us money to follow it  grin
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by danjohn: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
Yinka Odumaike is the man!!!!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Dave6: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
” In all his sound and fury, Pastor Oritsejafor did not  provide any evidence to link Gen. Buhari to the wave  of unfortunate spontaneous revolt against vote theft  in parts of the country beyond playing the role of a " false accuser of the brethren ".

So all those atrocities committed were REVOLT against vote theft by ALMAJIRIS. The Almajiris closely followed the announcement of polls results, abi?

This yinka odumakin should quit being a spokesperson. E sabi yarn trash![quote][/quote]
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by tlops(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
e no easy oh!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Arosa(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
tlops:

e no easy oh!
what is not easy?
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by karlmax2: 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
History would judge the role of yinka odumakin on the part he played in the masacra of innocent people anybody who speaks the truth has been bride or is a hemp smoker!!! Very soon he may come out and say PDP has bribed the international community who has spoken on the good conduct of the elections so far in nigeria
Losers!!!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Beaf: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2011
CPC's disgraceful use of religious imagery needs to be checked. We cannot have a political party running around the place with a "Jesus syndrome" in a section of the country that is largely illiterate. It is only a matter of time before CPC moves the few steps left from pseudo religious to becoming a fullscale terrorist organisation.
I bet all security agencies, local and foreign would be deeply alarmed at the religious nature of language coming out of CPC. GEJ might need to table a bill for the declaration a state of emergency in a number of core-Northern states once the elections are done.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by kasiem(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
The worst enemy of all this foolish buhari followers is "TRUTH". Thats the reason they're jumping 4rm one cock and bull story to another, inorder to taint people's image without any evidence. Where was this odumumu when all this story of underage and forced voting was going on in the media? What kept him 4rm coming out to defend their despicable deed with his eloquency, or is  he prevaricating?
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
I dey laff o. Like a yoruba adage says and i translate, 'the elder who invades the privacy of a child, wuld meet insults there'
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
The ridiculous claim by the cleric that Buhari is culpable because there were disturbances where he won is like calling Oritsejafor a hemp smoker because someone is seen smoking marijuana around the premises of Word of Life Bible Church. Absurdity!

Odikwa very serious ooo
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by bkbabe97y(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
karl max:

History would judge the role of yinka odumakin on the part he played in the masacra of innocent people anybody who speaks the truth has been bride or is a hemp smoker!!! Very soon he may come out and say PDP has bribed the international community who has spoken on the good conduct of the elections so far in nigeria
Losers!!!

What International Community? You think the rest of the world crazy like you "Born-to-suffer" im*beciles that embrace corruption, ineptitude, and suffering as if it was a long lost relative? Man, gtfoh!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by vedaxcool(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
T[size=28pt]he ridiculous claim by the cleric that Buhari is culpable because there were disturbances where he won is like calling Oritsejafor a hemp smoker because someone is seen smoking marijuana around the premises of Word of Life Bible Church. Absurdity[/size]!

LOL! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

KE! this guy really soiled CAN president, iam almost suffocating of laughter hmm SOL=Suffocating of laughter, NA So CAN don cheap?

haba pls follow this link and you go conclude that CAN president has sold his soul to the devil, imagine deliberatly playing on the minds of fanatical christians like beaf to stir up passions

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/25/national-25-04-2011-001.htm

PDP knows how to useless religion!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by sirjec(m): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
Yinka Odumakin and the person that sent him to make those statements are fools.

Anytime they want to cover their evil, they quote the bible and are drawn to the knowledge that easter is about love yet they kept many families in grief during Easter. Why won't buhari be arrested.

He plotted coup in this country and went away with it.

Now he has caused the death of so many and want to get away with it. I prove that he caused the riot

Proof

Buhari knew he was going to lose, His plan to merge with ACN, His cry when the merger failed, His statement of not going to court, his use of under age children, his plan of importing human being from neighbouring country which was frustrated by the president who closed the borders before he executed the plan, his claim that he heard PDP rigging the morn of the election day even before accreditation finished.

Buhari's actions to instigate the crises, crying, Making specific comments of not accepting the SS/SE result to his supporters even without campaigning in those regions and insisting not to go to court shows he was asking them to fight for him. His refusal to speak to the rioters when the crises were brewing, etc

Ayo said the truth, if he claims Ayo is supporting GEJ, he is wrong. Ayo is simply calling for the arrest of a culprit whi incited violence. Buhari uses crude way to solve problem.

1. Used coup to fight poor governance although we knew he was covering the money stolen in NNPC then NPC which eventually missed  forever when his first action was to burn NPC office as if it were accident. He was the petroleum minister when the money got missing.

2. His use of Almajeris to fight Election malpractice even when he committed child abuse by using under age to vote for him. He claimed the turnout in the SS/SE was supposed to be 25%. Does that not show he needs a Psychiatric doctor,

the question is,

Who told him rigging was going on in the east and who told him the turn out in the east was 25%. Claimed to be sincere and not corrupt yet he wanted his Vice to resign few days after election against his wish.

Buhari is a criminal and has to be tried and imprisoned
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by vedaxcool(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Look at what the idiotic cursed pastor said:

“I believe that the current violence we are experiencing in parts of the North is because certain highly placed persons in this country magnified the PDP problem of zoning offices and gave the impression to the electorate and the generality of northerners, especially the gullible illiterates that it was their turn to rule.

If the pastor was ever sane he should have known that Bukhari said on zoning that it is clearly a PDP affair yet the mentally retarded pastor that has soiled Christendom by behaving like a Hemp smoker and dollarized his accounts, is now implying that Bukhari is using the youths for zoning violence, i believe this pastor smokes Hemp during his spear time, i doff my hat for yinka, who wrapped the retarded pastor/president clearly, Sensible Christians need to dissociate themselves from the Pastor, if CAN has any drop of sanctity they would sack this dollar Pastor grin grin grin Didn't yinka say:

“While we concede to the Villa Priest who is widely believed to be a beneficiary of the rot that presently defines governance in Nigeria the right to defend the tainted victory of the PDP, we frown at the use of the CAN mask to prosecute his Aso Rock brief.

well said yinka
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
As the CAN president and federal govts representative on pilgrimages to jerusalem oritsejafor should be careful with his statement lest he creates more problem by making the northern riots a full blown religious crisis. Though the matter need to be dealt it cautiously and decisively but arresting buhari 'l not be a good decision cos it may boomerang out of control.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by omogidi234(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
Beaf:

CPC's disgraceful use of religious imagery needs to be checked. We cannot have a political party running around the place with a "Jesus syndrome" in a section of the country that is largely illiterate. It is only a matter of time before CPC moves the few steps left from pseudo religious to becoming a fullscale terrorist organisation.
I bet all security agencies, local and foreign would be deeply alarmed at the religious nature of language coming out of CPC. GEJ might need to table a bill for the declaration a state of emergency in a number of core-Northern states once the elections are done.

Oga fresh air! I notice you are always ready to pick on CPC/Buhari even when the topic under discussion doesn't really go to their roots. Just an observer sha nothing more! In the meantime, I learnt that the C-in-C met with CAN president recently and by extension I assume you met with CAN president too. Please do me a favour, tell CAN president to hand over as the PFN president (in line with his Master's command- remove the speck in your eyes so that you can see well to advise others) i.e. there is a controversy as to why he should occupy both postions at the same. I know the argument would be that his tenure in PFN over the last 6 years or thereabout has not expired. Please tell him to live by example.

By the way one of K1's hit songs was praising SILIKI in the 80s. Where is SILIKI today?
Shina Peters also praised one Yoruba guy from my state (he was resident in PH and was believed to be one big B) in the 90s . Where is he today?
The nexus is- TIME WILL TELL.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by texazzpete(m): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2011
Brilliant reply!

It's about time someone took on these 'Men of God' who stand idly by, grinning happily while those poor kids were being maimed by their ilk in Akwa Ibom.

Oritsejafor has not called for Helen Ukpabio's arrest and prosecution, he is busy taking aim at Buhari. Rubbish.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by redsun(m): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2011
They are the worst cons in nigeria,men of devil,deceiving the people
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by ektbear: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
hehe.

pwned grin
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by BABSIN(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Well deserved and thank to Odumakin that placed him where he rightly belong.
Why should CAN president shoulder what is not his? Go and settle Jos crisis and look for how the Government should compensate and rehab the displaced one than fueling un nesccesary bigot and hatred in the land.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by OAM4J: 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
karl max:

Losers!!!

Did you read at all, or do you have problem with comprehension? Where was Oritsejafor called hemp smoker? Abeg go and read the story again.

Fact is is people like Oritsejafor ought to be more careful with their statements, calling for the arrest of Buhari is totally uncalled for, especially at this time and I wonder how such call will solve the raging problem we have in the North.

I think Odumakin response is in other. What contributions has Pastor Ayo made to address the rots in the country as a Pastor before now? Am not judging him cos  I dont judge men of God, but he should be careful with his statements.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by jmaine: 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Buhari is Fvcking threat to civility in the country and he needs to be quarantined with his fellow cattle herders congress ASAP . . . .And the world eyes are now fixed on him . .he should beware
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by wesley80(m): 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2011
I've always felt Buhari's choice of his spokesman was one of his deftest Political moves and every time he opens his mouth, he proves me right. I cant think of anyone more despicable, toxic or obnoxious as the ideological har lot called Odumakin.
While I'lld admit that Pastor Ayo's call was a bit off the mark judging by the usually conservative position CAN had always held in the past, But for Pete's sake; what da hell? How long r we goin to keep pretending this isnt about our Religion? This is the right time for Christians to assert themselves and call the bluff of Northern extremists and Pastor Ayo as the president of CAN is doing just that. A couple of days ago he was on a roundtable with islamic leaders jointly criticizing the riots so his calling for the obvious instigator to be prosecuted shouldnt be read as an affront on Islam - except perhaps u're impressed by the cheap rhetoric and blackmail of a shameless spokesman.
Pastor Ayo was elected thru a democratic process by Christian leaders probably tired of having soft talking-skullcap wearing presidents so if he's shaking things up a little then thats just as well. While i've neva been too comfortable with his closeness to the sits of political power, i find it inevitable for someone of his calibre and position. And about how well he has used his closeness to power, let his followers judge him on that, they r more informed than passers by like Odumakin, as for me i'm content knowing he's doing a good job as president of CAN.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Everfrank(m): 12:07am On Apr 26, 2011
Nothing is further from the truth. The CAN president portrayed himself as a hunting dog of As rock. If he has any evidence linking r to the crisis then let him go to court. Or shut his trap!
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by Beaf: 12:45am On Apr 26, 2011
Buhari will undoubtedly speak to the SSS about the crimes committed by his followers in the North. The time might not be right just now, but it is very difficult not to see the SSS having words with him in a rather choice location, afterall he was warned about his methods long before the elections.

Will almajiri's react badly to such an action? It is in their DNA, but the army should be out and ready for them in the most macho terms.
As that saga plays out, it would be a good time to pick up every last kingpin of violence, from politicians to Imams.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by luluosas(m): 12:50am On Apr 26, 2011
This response from buhari serves ayo right. Because he is a beneficiary of treasury loot, you will never see him speak against government looting.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by bkbabe97y(m): 4:24am On Apr 26, 2011
For those who have read Animal Farm, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor reminds you of. . . . . . ?
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by sirjec(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2011
It was a man of God that confronted King David when he killed Uriah and took his wife, (Nathan)

It was a man of God that confronted Herold when he took his brother's wife, (John the Baptist)

Men of God don't keep quiet in the face of tyranny no matter the cost. But in Nigeria, when a man of God speaks against evil, we all condemn him.

Ayo simply did the work of a man of God, if the Christians he represent say he did wrong because the muslims condemn him, it it the Christians who are foolish.

I even pray for more Pastors to wake up and speak in the face of corruption. Not to keep quiet and assume that God will come from heaven and make Nigeria good.

Buhari has to be tried. If I were GEJ I will arrest him because he is not greater than Nigeria otherwise I will treat the states the way OBJ treated Odi, Yar'Adua treated Gbaramatu Kingdom, and GEJ treated Brutu. When crises happens in the north, nothing happens, the millitary will be asked not to shoot, but when it happens in the ss or se, they will be ordered to shoot at sight. Imagine police releasing corpers to rioters to kill in bauchi.
Re: Buhari Blasts Can President, Says Oritsejafor Is Aso Rock’s Agent by sammyzacks(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2011
But even even before the elections Buhari's Campaigns were violent.

People said to be CPC supporters in Gombe had gone on the rampage in the town attacking innocent people.
The Director, Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Camp, Mallam Abba Dabo says the violence was provoked by what he called Buhari’s repeated calls to violence.

He therefore, warned that the ruling party would no longer fold its arms while its supporters were continually assaulted.

His words: “We note with dismay, the wanton and unprovoked violence meted against PDP supporters in Gombe by the followers of CPC Presidential Candidate, General Mohammadu Buhari, and condemn in strongest term this criminal and dangerous behaviour.

“This deliberate act of anarchy, a direct consequence of Buhari’s repeated calls to violence, is an act of provocation against our law abiding supporters, and if not nibbed in the bud, would signal a series of destructive violence nationwide, for which Buhari will be held responsible for unleashing.

“The CPC Presidential Candidate at every opportunity has spared no time, in urging his supporters to take the law into their hands, a reason why everywhere he goes, his campaigns have been trailed by anarchy and mayhem.

“We call on the security to fully investigate the immediate and remote causes and bring to book anyone involved, no matter his position. “Buhari’s recent apology for the actions of his unruly supporters is admission of his guilt and complicity in the series of pre-meditated attacks on our supporters.

“While we commit our party to the pledge of our President for a free, fair and crises-free election in April, we cannot continue to fold our arms as our supporters are continually assaulted.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/you-risk-arrest-jonathan%E2%80%99s-camp-warns-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian First Ladies: / Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? / Ijaw National Council Urges Gej To Relocate Seat Of Government To Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.