Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? (9464 Views)

Lady Who Refused To Forgive Ex-boyfriend Till He Died 'cos Of Pride Shares Story / How Do You Stay A Virgin Till 30? / How Does A Woman Feel If She Reamins A Virgin Till Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2011
i am asking this question becos many times people advice only women to stay
virgin till they are married.
they never tell a guy to remain virgin till he is married.
in most homes, the parents frown more at daughters having a relationship
but they frown less at the boy.
is it that it is not too important for boys to be virgins till they are married?
if it is important, then how is it?
what would a man gain to remain virgin till he is married
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
Well if retaining your virginity means a lot to you then yes its important. Besides, if it is asked of women to remain virgins, then why not men? Its not that its not important for a woman to remain a virgin, its just that the society we live in seems to love double standards. And you asked what would a man gain to remain a virgin till he is married, its no different from what a woman could gain if she remained a virgin.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BABE3: 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
Important my foot! grin

Oh pls virgin man! Really?! I'm sorry if I'm gonna sound selfish, but pls no virgin man for me. Learn your techniques and perfect your skills before the D-day abeg!

After all my perseverance, one guy will now be fumbling ehn? wetin? , Wtf (sorry, the matter dey make me vex sef, lol)

I'm lost, the guy too will now be lost. God forbid!

I can't be saying "move this way" "no, sweery to the side" " Baby, I don't think that's the appropriate place"

Learn your sh1t already!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

Important my foot! grin

Oh pls virgin man! Really?! I'm sorry if I'm gonna sound selfish, but pls no virgin man for me. Learn your techniques and perfect your skills before the D-day abeg!

After all my perseverance, one guy will now be fumbling ehn? wetin? , Wtf (sorry, the matter dey make me vex sef, lol)

I'm lost, the guy too will now be lost. God forbid!

I can't be saying "move this way" "no, sweery to the side" " Baby, I don't think that's the appropriate place"

Learn your sh1t already!

Why is it ok to impose such double standards on a woman? As a woman you must remain a virgin but not a guy?
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Ethiodime: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Why is it ok to impose such double standards on a woman? As a woman you must remain a virgin but not a guy?

omg you removed the words frm my mouth, i think its society that believes a woman shld be a virgin and a man shldn't. but hun if he not gonna accept u when u tell him that u ain't a virgin, then 2 da left to the left the piece of crap.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Ethiodime: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
OP it feels good when u knw the dude who marrying is a virgin as u get to knw that u r his first and u will be his last. But its does matter to me that much if he ain't a virgin nywyz. As long as he got other qualities that i want is a man its alright wit me.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Ethiodime:

omg you removed the words frm my mouth, i think its society that believes a woman shld be a virgin and a man shldn't. but hun if he not gonna accept u when u tell him that u ain't a virgin, then 2 da left to the left the piece of crap.

lol Ethiodime, I'm not even worried about such men crossing my path. If there's one thing I hate about the topic of virginity, its hypocrisy.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BABE3: 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^ No now! haha! This is my own personal preference o! This is what I want! Everyone has their own watevas! (lol)

A guy can remain a virgin if he wants to! That's his business. A woman can remain a virgin if she wants to, that's also her business.

But MY OWN PERSONAL STORY is that MY OWN PERSONAL GUY has to know what he's doing.

Well, he can still be a virgin and know what he's doing-- but I doubt it---!

Inky, we shouldn't argue about this, coz I'll keep saying the same thing! undecided I know I sound crazy and maybe selfish---but, that's what it is undecided undecided grin
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Ethiodime: 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol Ethiodime, I'm not even worried about such men crossing my path. If there's one thing I hate about the topic of virginity, its hypocrisy.

those who practice that hypocrisy are out there hun, they sleep around wit whoever they feel like but when they wana get married they prefer to marry a virgin. there was sum kind of movement in da news few wks ago that fight against playas settling wit cute innocent chaste.  
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Ethiodime: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

grin

I have older friends dat got married to virgins and they said lots of chessy flames about them. one of them married to a changed playa u knw wat she told us? she said the first nyt he was so scared dat he entered the wrong hole. cheesy morale of da stori, u need not 2 generalize good ole virgin guys.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by 190: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2011
@post

Is he mad

In this 40th century, which Virgin

what does his wife wanna enjoy if hes a virgin,

If he cant take care of her needs in the bedroom what else does he have to offer

Braid her hair? That virgin boy must be silly  undecided
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BABE3: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
Ethiodime:

I have older friends dat got married to virgins and they said lots of chessy flames about them. one of them married to a changed playa u knw wat she told us? she said the first nyt he was so scared dat he entered the wrong hole. cheesy morale of da stori, u need not 2 generalize good ole virgin guys.

Ok! Thanks for sharing sweetie! wink cheesy
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
BABE!:

^^ No now! haha! This is my own personal preference o! This is what I want! Everyone has their own watevas! (lol)

A guy can remain a virgin if he wants to! That's his business. A woman can remain a virgin if she wants to, that's also her business.

But MY OWN PERSONAL STORY is that MY OWN PERSONAL GUY has to know what he's doing.

Inky, we shouldn't argue about this, coz I'll keep saying the same thing!  undecided  I know I sound crazy and maybe selfish---but, that's what it is  undecided undecided grin

BABE!, I wasn't speaking specifically about you. That was just me speaking in general about the subject. Besides, unless you start wielding a knife and running around downtown Houston like a crazy woman, I would never think you're crazy wink

Ethiodime:

those who practice that hypocrisy are out there hun, they sleep around wit whoever they feel like but when they wana get married they prefer to marry a virgin. there was sum kind of movement in da news few wks ago that fight against playas settling wit cute innocent chaste.  

I know whatcha mean. I remember there was a BBC documentary I was watching on Youtube where young Muslim youths [please don't be offended, I'm not trying to turn this into a religious issue] both male and female and the reporter in the video asked the young Muslim men what they thought about a Muslim woman not being a virgin and they all nearly shitted their pants then when she mentioned Muslim men not being virgins, they tried to avoid the fact that they pretty agreed that it was ok for a man to not be a virgin. Then when the reported asked them "Don't you think that's hypocritical?", and they said yes but their men so it ok.

By the way, if you're Muslim my intentions weren't to offend you with the Muslim youth reference.

Ethiodime:

I have older friends dat got married to virgins and they said lots of chessy flames about them. one of them married to a changed playa u knw wat she told us? she said the first nyt he was so scared dat he entered the wrong holecheesy morale of da stori, u need not 2 generalize good ole virgin guys.

Lmaaaaaaaooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BABE3: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

BABE!, I wasn't speaking specifically about you. That was just me speaking in general about the subject. [b]Besides, unless you start wielding a knife and running around downtown Houston like a woman, [/b]I would never think you're crazy wink

Now, that's crazy!!!hahaha smiley
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BloodShed1: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
lol
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Pweety4me(f): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2011
Advising a man to remain a virgin, is like asking for the world to stop aving sex?

I don't really believe in anything such as 'male virginity' it doesn't exist, but i am definetly in support of men keeping clean & not just sleeping with any that carries a hole between it, we need to really practise self control, discipline & most of all RESPECT!

Thank you!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Jiah011(f): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2011
Kudos to men that remain virgins! Really such men a rare, especially among Nigerian men, which may be non-existent. I don't understand promoting virginity for women and the men go free. Unless all those men are gays and are sleeping with each other to save the virginity of women, who do people think they are with? Women, right? Then when it comes time for marriage, these same guys want women who are virgins. I too as a woman would prefer a man who hasn't slept with so many women he's not sure how many. Yet this is double standard exists world-wide, not just in Nigeria or Africa as a whole.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by solbil: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2011
i am 23 a man and i have not even done it before
i am so ashamed to tell it to people becos of how they will react
i have discovered that people slam at women who are not virgins any more
but if you, a man, tell them you are still one they see you as a small boy
they look down at you.
this is not done only by the men folk but surprisingly by the women folk
infact the women folk are the ones i am more afraid to tell than the men folk.
the women laugh you more
it is really embarrassing for me to tell people
infact to be able to say this here i had to create a fake id
i got so embarrassed that, at one point in time, i started thinking of going to have a girlfriend
so that i can do it just to feel among.
my mum told some ladies that i am still new and they started making jest of me saying all kinds of things.
i felt so embarrassed that i left there feeling so humiliated.
i now have a double mind. i really want to remain virgin till i get married but then again i am under intense pressure
from the attitude of people the society.
another reason why i am having a dilemma is the fact that virginity for boys is not talked about
so i am thinking its not too important to remain virgin
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Jamesdman(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2011
A dude remainin a virgin? 2 me datz pure crap. Wen he finally gets married, hw 'll he b able 2 satisfy his wife? Wen 'll he master d act of stayin longer in bed? Wen 'll he knw where 2 stimulate while 'thrustin' in order 2 mk her 'cum'? The bottom-line is a virgin boi isn't d ideal tin. As 4 virgin wives, personally, i prefer a non-virgin (though nt promiscuous) ova a virgin. Coz non-virgins re normally gud in bed!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2011
James-dman:

A dude remainin a virgin? 2 me datz pure crap. Wen he finally gets married, hw 'll he b able 2 satisfy his wife? Wen 'll he master d act of stayin longer in bed? Wen 'll he knw where 2 stimulate while 'thrustin' in order 2 mk her 'come'? The bottom-line is a virgin boi isn't d ideal tin. As 4 virgin wives, personally, i prefer a non-virgin (though nt promiscuous) ova a virgin. Coz non-virgins re normally gud in bed!

So all men who are virgins are clueless in terms of what to do sexually? A male virgin can't satisfy his wife because he's a virgin? If you're a virgin, I guess its safe to say that you didn't satisfy the woman you were with because you were a virgin.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2011
Male virgins? I've never heard of such.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by BABE3: 10:45am On Apr 26, 2011
^^ JayTwelve, sweerie, are you a FAJIN!? cheesy
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by solbil: 10:47am On Apr 26, 2011
what do you think about my first post
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2011
BABE!:

^^ JayTwelve, sweerie, are you a FAJIN!? cheesy

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2011
solbil:

what do you think about my first post

I think you need to get laid.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by andy1(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2011
@op i wont advice u 2 get married as a virgin. Guy pratice makes perfect, so u ve got to train wella so as 2 be able tu satisfy ur wifeeyyy!
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by jaephoenix(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2011
@inked,y dont u answer solbil.he has just told u dat women,not society as a whole,deride him.
So dont blame d world,blame ur sex.most dont want virgin guys.i ve even taken a poll of 10 girls i know n guess,they all wanted guys that know wat they re doing
Sorry, u cant b a virgin n b sexually savvy.what happened 2 'practice makes perfect'
I know a Deeper Life couple That came 2 my clinic(am a med doc) as a case of infertility.turned out d guy has been digging her urethra(pee hole)for 5 Deadly years.N d woman has been bearing d pain.Damn.a case of virgo intacta.
So pls,maybe u like them fumbly(coined it)dont wish 4 virgin dudes.B careful what u wish for ,
Me i prefer my girls non virgins
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Mobsync(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2011
smileyI am a virgin nd wish to remain so till marriage_though my hand is nt a virgin sha ooo-they touched booby"only once"smiley
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by InkedNerd(f): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2011
jaephoenix:

@inked,y dont u answer solbil.he has just told u dat women,not society as a whole,deride him.
So dont blame d world,blame your sex.most dont want virgin guys.i ve even taken a poll of 10 girls i know n guess,they all wanted guys that know wat they re doing
Sorry, u cant b a virgin n b sexually savvy.what happened 2 'practice makes perfect'
I know a Deeper Life couple That came 2 my clinic(am a med doc) as a case of infertility.turned out d guy has been digging her urethra(pee hole)for 5 Deadly years.N d woman has been bearing d pain.Damn.a case of virgo intacta.
So pls,maybe u like them fumbly(coined it)dont wish 4 virgin dudes.B careful what u wish for ,
Me i prefer my girls non virgins

Sweetie, you really need to get over yourself. First of all, although just about anyone is free to comment on what he said,  he never addressed me directly so please stop acting like he was speaking to me specifically. Second, for you to sit here and tell me that women are the ones to blame is a heaping load of crap. Yes, I understand that there is pressure but no is putting a knife to his throat or a gun to his head. Third, how do you know most women don't want male virgins? Because a handful of women have told you that they don't want virgins doesn't mean that majority of women don't.

Speak for yourself when you say that you can't be sexually savvy and be a virgin. Yes, practice makes perfect but we're talking about a subject that consists of more than just racking up numbers. Anyone can sleep with a bunch people and still not know a damn thing about sex. There are many people all over the world who in engage in sexual activities yet they don't fully grasp what sex is as a whole.

I highly suggest that you read things more carefully--not once did I state that I wanted or didn't want a virgin. If you prefer non-virgins, the good for you--no one is asking you to choose otherwise that is solely up to you. My responses to this thread wasn't based on the fact that I am trying to push some sort of male virgin agenda, I simply stating that there is a double standard with this social perception. Whether or not you want to read my responses properly is up to you.
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
coming from a Christian point of view, it would be ideal
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by Tosinville(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
What is virginity by the way?
Re: Is It Important For A Boy To Remain Virgin Till He Gets Married? by montykarl: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
If you as a guy have the fear of God ,yes you can remain virgin
just to obey the word of God. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When A Girl Strip Naked To Curse Her Ex... / What I Discovered About My Girlfriend's Private Part In D Bathroom-man Recounts / My Wife Always Stand Naked Before Her Younger Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.