Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. (2760 Views)

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / #BibleStudyWithKumuyi || The Blessed Bible-Believing Doers Of The Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 11:09pm On May 07, 2021
Believing in God is meant for people who can’t strain their brain to solve the mysteries of the universe.
The notion that “if I don’t understand it then its God” is a result of mental laziness and the lack of zeal to ever want to find out.

Science will always be in conflict with religion because of this. Religion/faith preaches tenets that are sacrosanct and can never be questioned, science teaches to question everything until the truth is established. Although we have religious people as scientists but they have never used their religious beliefs to establish any truth in science, talk more of inventing anything probably because they prayed. They cannot prove anything using their religion
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Hashabiah: 11:11pm On May 07, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Believing in God is meant for people who can’t strain their brain to solve the mysteries of the universe.
The notion that “if I don’t understand it then its God” is a result of mental laziness and the lack of zeal to ever want to find out.

Science will always be in conflict with religion because of this. Religion/faith preaches tenets that are sacrosanct and can never be questioned, science teaches to question everything until the truth is established. Although we have religious people as scientists but they have never used their religious beliefs to establish any truth in science, talk more of inventing anything probably because they prayed. They cannot prove anything using their religion
Its past 11 so its okay to be drunk on stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 11:14pm On May 07, 2021
Hashabiah:
Its past 11 so its okay to be drunk on stupidity.
Ok, thanks for your contribution

2 Likes

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by HealerH: 11:25pm On May 07, 2021
Why must you make your ignorance so obvious in a public platform like this?

The woman you call your mother probably didn't give birth to you. You have no scientific proof to claim she's your biological mother. Same with the man you call your Father. You grew up and was made to BELIEVE they're your biological parents. Why don't you find any problem with this type of belief but you have a problem with people's belief on God?
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 11:27pm On May 07, 2021
HealerH:
Why must you make your ignorance so obvious in a public platform like this?

Its okay if you are hurt hence resort to abuses. I understand

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 11:55pm On May 07, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Ok, thanks for your contribution

If you are cool with the idea that everything in this universe came to be by a random mistake..that’s fine but u should also believe that houses and cars and books are not created ...but are just a mistakes in the factory and the printing press...boom!! and a Toyota Corolla appeared from from mutated metals and rubbers..

Before you lash at me for comparing nature’s construct with artificial construct, cool your jets. I’m well aware they are at opposite ends. But I used both they have one thing in common: and that’s structure...

See.. religion isn’t claiming to know it all...but the world is too structured, too arranged and too connected for it to be a random mistake based on mutation...

ain’t u a biologist ..?? So u want to tell me 3 billion base pairs perfectly arrange in A-T, G-C, inside just 23 pairs of chromosomes is a mistake.??... bros, that’s a design.. not a mistake...unless u want to ignore premise...

U don’t believe the Bible...I get that...But people have been believing in God and the creation ideology long before the Bible...the same way they figured out many things without science..

I could still buy the idea if u tell me that aliens created the universe
...but that the universe is just a mistake combined with some perfect mutations...I spit!!! As if mutation has a good record of producing fantastic products..
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:38am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

If you are cool with the idea that everything in this universe came to be by a random mistake..that’s fine but u should also believe that houses and cars and books are not created ...but are just a mistakes in the factory and the printing press...boom!! and a Toyota Corolla appeared from from mutated metals and rubbers..

Mutated Mercedes! grin

No matter how many times cockroach go school, e no fit be professor! grin

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:59am On May 08, 2021
We are not trying to explain the universe, we are in awe of the Wonderful Wonderful Creator of this great and mighty House called world and it's appurtenances!

How Mightily Big He is! grin

How many of this kind of Houses He Owns! grin

And anyway our primary concern is that we have all made Him very Angry and we have received His Notice to Quit that He shall be Accoming!

Accomming to throw away erring tenants into the place where stupid tenants are thrown into!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:55am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Its okay if you are hurt hence resort to abuses. I understand

On this day and at this moment, you deserve abuses and Curses grin for every soul in the world abhors A Fool, even a toddler! grin

And you make yourself one, publicly advertising and promoting your foolishness daily! grin

And Abuses and Curses Always Pursues and Catches up to whip A Fool! grin

Therefore, It is Right Full that you are so Whipped! grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42am On May 08, 2021
The Churchgoer
The Muslim
The Buddhist
The Masquerader
The Atheist and many more are all concerned about what their neighbours believe!
Some takes to the streets constituting nuisance and making noise (Churchgoers and Masqueraders) some only stay in their places of worship and disturbing people with their megaphones (Muslims and Buddhists) still others (thoroughly disturbed) keep typing articles in magazines and social media (Atheists and Agnostics)

What is the best approach to resolve this issue?
Well a first century Jewish carpenter from Nazareth named "Jesus" claims he is the "Christ" meaning saviour of the world sent by the Most High God! John 3:16
This young man gathered friends and formed a movement (group) and taught them how to take this issue to people in their private homes as a matter to be discussed PRIVATELY! Matthew 10:3-12
Today the one and only group practicing this zealously and industriously are known globally as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Though majority today don't like the approach just as majority in Jesus' time rejected the idea back then {Matthew 10:22-25} but today it's now becoming more obvious that what that young man commissioned back then was instituted by God Himself that's why all the people (even ATHEISTS) are worriedly talking about THEIR NEIGHBOUR'S BELIEFS! Why not approach your neighbour privately to iron out the issue the way true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) go about it?
Regarding reasonableness on this issue the Apostle Paul said:

For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves Romans 2:14

So whether you agree or not know that God is wiser than all His creatures, He established preaching and teaching program from house to house and door to door but you people rejected it, however only those who accepted Jesus' ideology are making real friends globally {John 1:11-12} with help from God's word they easily reach their neighbour's hearts {Hebrews 4:12} and they've former one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally {Micah 4:1-3} whereas Churchgoers, Muslims, Buddhists, Traditionalists, Hindus and Atheists are going about killing their fellowman even after they've concluded on what to hold regarding the issue of God! Revelations 6:3-4

Do you have any reasonable excuse to doubt the presence of God in the midst of His true worshipers (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES)?
The answer is NO!

For His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even His eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable! Romans 1:20
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 7:45am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Before you lash at me for comparing nature’s construct with artificial construct, cool your jets. I’m well aware they are at opposite ends. But I used both they have one thing in common: and that’s structure...

See.. religion isn’t claiming to know it all...but the world is too structured, too arranged and too connected for it to be a random mistake based on mutation...

ain’t u a biologist ..?? So u want to tell me 3 billion base pairs perfectly arrange in A-T, G-C, inside just 23 pairs of chromosomes is a mistake.??... bros, that’s a design.. not a mistake...unless u want to ignore premise...

U don’t believe the Bible...I get that...But people have been believing in God and the creation ideology long before the Bible...the same way they figured out many things without science..

I could still buy the idea if u tell me that aliens created the universe
...but that the universe is just a mistake combined with some perfect mutations...I spit!!! As if mutation has a good record of producing fantastic products..

Because you don’t want to find out how the universe came into existence you lazily adopt the god hypothesis. That’s a lazy way of reasoning.
What happened to “we don’t know yet”? We didn’t know a lot of things that we know now, if everyone shared you lazy view of God, we will probably never find out. Strain you brain and don’t be a lazy person mentally by fixing god in every gap. That’s serious mental laziness.

Universe to cars comparison is already a fallacy and you know that.

The nuclear bases is not linked to God, it’s another lazy way of reaching conclusion because you don’t want to find out.

In all you didn’t make any difference, you only gave credence to the op. Because we don’t know these yet doesn’t mean God did it, that’s a very lazy way of reasoning.

This is why rational argument don’t usually work with religious people, the will always fix god in everything they don’t understand.

2 Likes

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 8:01am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Because you don’t want to find out how the universe came into existence you lazily adopt the god hypothesis. That’s a lazy way of reasoning.
What happened to “we don’t know yet”? We didn’t know a lot of things before now that we know now, if everyone shared you lazy view of God, we will probably never find out.
Universe to cars comparison is already a fallacy and you know that.

The nuclear bases is not linked to God, it’s another lazy way of reaching conclusion because you don’t want to find out.

In all you didn’t make any difference, you only gave credence to the op. Because we don’t know these yet doesn’t mean God did it, that’s a very lazy way of reasoning.

I just gave u a reason why I feel the universe is a created construct...and not a random mistake...but U call me lazy because it’s simple and not a complex scientific explanation that u want..

U are man of science.... science also has many assumptions for what it doesn’t have full evidence for. ... for example ddnt science assume it must have been evolution and mutation ...where’s the infallible proof??
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 8:06am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

I just gave u a reason why I feel the universe is a created construct...and not a random mistake...but U call me lazy because it’s simple and not a complex scientific explanation that u want..

U are man of science.... science also has many assumptions for what it doesn’t have full evidence for. ... for example ddnt science assume it must have been evolution and mutation ...where’s the infallible proof??
you didn’t give any reason, you want to fix god there because we don’t know yet. That’s a lazy reason.

You are lazy mentally else you will know that evolution doesn’t explain the origin of life. Evolution only explains the diversity of life, you should work on your reading and understand but you won’t because you want god in the gaps.

Panspermia and abiogenesis are the two hypotheses for the origin of life on earth and not evolution. Both of them have not been proven yet.

Religion will make you mentally lazier than atheists

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 8:19am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
you didn’t give any reason, you want to fix god there because we don’t know yet. That’s a lazy reason.

You are lazy mentally hence you will know that evolution doesn’t explain the origin of life. Evolution only explains the diversity of life, you should work on your reading and understand but you won’t because you want god in the gaps.

Panspermia and abiogenesis are the two hypotheses for the origin of life on earth and not evolution. Both of them have not been proven yet.

Religion will make you mentally lazier than atheists

U are just sounding condescending and obnoxious for no reason...

I’ll ask you one question....is this world a random mistake out of the cosmos or a creation/design??
If you don’t know that’s fine..but as a biologist and a man that’s not lazy like us don’t tell me it’s not a design becos there’s evidence all around you that it is...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 8:22am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

U are just sounding condescending and obnoxious for no reason...

I’ll ask you one question....is this world a random mistake out of the cosmos or a creation/design??
If you don’t know that’s fine..but as a biologist and a man that’s not lazy like us don’t tell me it’s not a design becos there’s evidence all around you that it is...
Is there a crime in saying that we don’t know yet but we will find out instead of fixing god?

I can’t count how many time science has invalidated the “god hypothesis” on several matters, it’s a sign that the “god hypothesis” is a lazy conclusion

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 8:47am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Is there a crime in saying that we don’t know yet but we will find out instead of fixing god?

I can’t count how many time science has invalidated the “god hypothesis” on several matters, it’s a sign that the “god hypothesis” is a lazy conclusion

Is it bad if u answer the question I asked as a non-lazy person
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 8:55am On May 08, 2021
Now I know you know nothing about science.

Science does not ask any questions. Instead science proves or disproves an already stated fact.

What you are talking about is philosophy and research. Which are all theoretical. Science is practical.

You are yet to tell us what scientific studies you have conducted to disprove the existence of God. Where is your laboratory FatherofJesus? Then I know you are serious. If your questioning only starts and ends on nairaland, you are not serious at all.

FatherOfJesus:

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:00am On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:

Now I know you know nothing about science.

Science does not ask any questions. Instead science proves or disproves an already stated fact.

What you are talking about is philosophy and research. Which are all theoretical. Science is practical.

You are yet to tell us what scientific studies you have conducted to disprove the existence of God. Where is your laboratory FatherofJesus? Then I know you are serious. If your questioning only starts and ends on nairaland, you are not serious at all.

How does my lab change whatever religion lies you people spread? Lol

You don’t even need a lab to dismantle the lies in religion, you only need a well functioning brain. grin

No one can disprove god because he doesn’t exist m, you can only disprove what has been proven already but in this case god has not been proven at any point in life. Only religious people who can reason hold the notion of god grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:02am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Is it bad if u answer the question I asked as a non-lazy person
I can’t be answering questions from religious people, it’s either you ask silly questions or deviate totally from the original topic.

If you all have answered the long question by providing measurable evidence for you god, no one will be arguing it with you.

God doesn’t exist unless the evidence is provided, don’t ask me moronic questions

I have told you that we don’t know yet, you keep asking silly because I didn’t put god in the equation.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 9:03am On May 08, 2021
You just only proved you're using your opinion to disprove people's beliefs. It makes you no different from us. You are not willing to do any practical experiment to disprove the existence of God.

But here you are everyday screaming science which you know nothing about. Please stop being lazy at least we read our bible. What do you do? Imagine things and think you are right about your imagination.

FatherOfJesus:
How does my lab change whatever religion lies you people spread? Lol

You don’t even need a lab to dismantle the lies in religion, you only need a well functioning brain. grin

No one can disprove god because he doesn’t exist m, you can only disprove what has been proven already but in this case god has not been proven at any point in life. Only religious people who can reason hold the notion of god grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:06am On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:
You just only proved you're using your opinion to disprove people's beliefs. It makes you no different from us. You are not willing to do any practical experiment to disprove the existence of God.

But here you are everyday screaming science which you know nothing about. Please stop being lazy at least we read our bible. What do you do? Imagine things and think you are right about your imagination.

You can’t disprove god because he hasn’t been proven.
He doesn’t exist.

No one wants to waste time disproving what doesn’t have any prove.

Only religion live in that utopian paradise. Lol grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:07am On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:

i also read the Bible carefully, I probably know the Bible more than you do. That’s my I’m atheist.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 9:11am On May 08, 2021
Again that's your belief which is also your right. If you have read religions and don't believe them it is alright. At least our laws says freedom to practice whatever religion you choose.

Atheism is also a belief. So if you believe there is no God, you are within your right but making a mockery of another person's belief is completely unacceptable.

It is wrong and it makes you no better than the religious fanatics who go about trying to impose their religion and belief on others.

FatherOfJesus:
i also read the Bible carefully, I probably know the Bible more than you do. That’s my I’m atheist.

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 9:14am On May 08, 2021
Yes you can if you are ready to do the work. Why do you think scientists are looking for UFO's. They believe there is life outside of this earth and revealing they are willing to do anything and everything to find it. So if a Christian things a way to God is after death in heaven, a scientist believes he can reach God with his spaceship.

Not you waiting for us on nairaland to find proof for you. That's lazy again.

FatherOfJesus:
You can’t disprove god because he hasn’t been proven.
He doesn’t exist.

No one wants to waste time disproving what doesn’t have any prove.

Only religion live in that utopian paradise. Lol grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 9:14am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
I can’t be answering questions from religious people, it’s either out ask silly questions or deviate totally from the original topic.

If you all have answered the long question by providing measurable evidence for you god, no one will be arguing it with you.

God doesn’t exist unless the evidence is provided, don’t ask me moronic questions

Is it an impossible task for u to make a point without insults? Being an atheist doesn’t mean u can’t be civil...
Isaac newton who gave us laws of motion is far knowledgeable than you and he believes in God... so I don’t get what ur point is in insulting someone for believing in the creation ideology..
With ur non-lazy nature.. what have u even contributed to the world of science?? U just go around claiming superiority becos u don’t believe in God...good for u..
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:15am On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:
Yes you can if you are ready to do the work. Why do you think scientists are looking for UFO's. They believe there is life outside of this earth and revealing they are willing to do anything and everything to find it. So if a Christian things a way to God is after death in heaven, a scientist believes he can reach God with his spaceship.

Not you waiting for us on nairaland to find proof for you. That's lazy again.

how does existence of god convent UFOs?

Why are religious people so mentally lazy? grin

1 Like

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 9:24am On May 08, 2021
If you are dillydallying around my point then I'll say you are purposely ignorant.
I never likened UFOs to God. I only mentioned the practicality of science.

Again FatherofJesus what practical approach have you taken to find the Christian God? If you are still only engaging in nairaland combat, you are just simply lazy.

FatherOfJesus:
how does existence of god convent UFOs?

Why are religious people so mentally lazy? grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:29am On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:
If you are dillydallying around my point then I'll say you are purposely ignorant.
I never likened UFOs to God. I only mentioned the practicality of science.

Again FatherofJesus what practical approach have you taken to find the Christian God? If you are still only engaging in nairaland combat, you are just simply lazy.

No one is going to find your Christian skydaddy for you. Lol

The Onus is on you to find your imaginary friend hence he doesn’t exist grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:31am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Is it an impossible task for u to make a point without insults? Being an atheist doesn’t mean u can’t be civil...
Isaac newton who gave us laws of motion is far knowledgeable than you and he believes in God... so I don’t get what ur point is in insulting someone for believing in the creation ideology..
With ur non-lazy nature.. what have u even contributed to the world of science?? U just go around claiming superiority becos u don’t believe in God...good for u..
You can’t have rational reasoning with a religious person, it’s total waste of time. How can you have rational discussion with some who believe in imaginary friends without any atom of evidence? grin

So if I have not contributed anything to science it means you god exist? You see why I said you people no get brain? Lol
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 9:45am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You can’t have rational reasoning with a religious person, it’s total waste of time. How can you have rational discussion with some who believe in imaginary friends without any atom of evidence? grin

So if I have not contributed anything to science it means you god exist? You see why I said you people no get brain? Lol

U don’t even know how to dialogue..u are claiming superior that’s why I asked what ur superiority has delivered better....u packed all religious people into a box and called us stupid and morons..I let u know ur laws of motion was delivered by a very religious person...

What’s more, atheist that’s are far brilliant than you discuss with other scientists that’s believe in God...
u are just a nobody who’s intolerant about other people’s belief in the creation ideology when there’s evidence this world is a design...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:51am On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

U don’t even know how to dialogue..u are claiming superior that’s why I asked what ur superiority has delivered better....u packed all religious people into a box and called us stupid and morons..I let u know ur laws of motion was delivered by a very religious person...

What’s more, atheist that’s are far brilliant than you discuss with other scientists that’s believe in God...
u are just a nobody who’s intolerant about other people’s belief in the creation ideology when there’s evidence this world is a design...
I seriously think anyone who believes in imaginary friend without evidence is highly irrational in that regard.

One could be very smart but becomes totally stupid when paranormal issues comes up, that’s what religion does, it can make you a smart person look stupid.

The fact that religion can make smart people stupid is the reason why religious leaders can scam them. They create an imaginary problem at a dear price and blame with when it doesn’t it doesn’t work.

Now back to the topic, if you don’t know, don’t fill the gap with your god. That’s lazy, always be eager to find out, this is how we even invented internet that you are enjoying today anyways.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 10:10am On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
I seriously think anyone who believes in imaginary friend without evidence is highly irrational in that regard.

One could be very smart but becomes totally stupid when paranormal issues comes up, that’s what religion does, it can make you a smart person look stupid.

The fact that religion can make smart people stupid is the reason why religious leaders can scam them. They create an imaginary problem at a dear price and blame with when it doesn’t it doesn’t work.

Now back to the topic, if you don’t know, don’t fill the gap with your god. That’s lazy, always be eager to find out, this is how we even invented internet that you are enjoying today anyways.

U don’t have point...there are tons of scientists in the world and faith in God doesn’t make them stupid....keep ur hatred for God to urself jare...for a God that doesn’t exist...u carry the matter for head too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Scientist Discovers Heaven - End Time Magazine / An Argument That God Does Not Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.