Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. (2837 Views)

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:37pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Is it an impossible task for u to make a point without insults? Being an atheist doesn’t mean u can’t be civil...
Isaac newton who gave us laws of motion is far knowledgeable than you and he believes in God...

Brother, please stop making this error, Newton did not give us any Law He is simply being given the credits for things we all have observed!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:46pm On May 08, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

What makes you think that order,or rather what people perceive to be order,can't come out of chaos; or rather what people perceive to be chaos?
You're comparing apples to oranges with your last statement; that's a flawed analogy.

Because it is proven by evidence that Chaos does not and cannot create.

Explosion tears apart matter, Creation puts together matter, that is The Law!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On May 08, 2021
He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
advanceDNA:

First.. u are just dancing around with words...
Adam and Eve knew God and what he’s capable of...Enoch walked with God..stop trying to be smart..claiming these people don’t know God... it was time
For God to unraveling his plan of redemption and Abraham believed....
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 6:02pm On May 08, 2021
The world is big enough for 4000 or more gods... however it's up to you to know the one true God. You can can get the truth all by yourself... you don't need a nairalander to do that.

FatherOfJesus:
4000 gods, 4000 gods can’t all be correct including yours.

Confuse people grin
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04pm On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
so what’s the basis for saying your own creator exist and mine the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Invisible Pink Unicorn don’t?.

Your statement here is itself a fallacy of Shifting the Burden by Opposite Proving!

Any fact in issue must be resolved independently.

Cheat! Using fallacy as a weapon against persons who are not very much aware of fallacies when you yourself Also committed fallacies!

Of course you have no chance against me with all your filths having lost 29 times out of 29 combats!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 6:07pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Brother, please stop making this error, Newton did not give us any Law He is simply being given the credits for things we all have observed!

Please go else where if you don’t know what I was meant...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 6:11pm On May 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

What’s your point ? Is he not the God of Jesus too.... he even acknowledged to associate with Cyrus who is not an Isrealite..upholding his hand to break the gates of Brass and bars of iron...
. I ask again.. what’s your point
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:11pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Please go else where if you don’t know what I was meant...

Why angry for the correction?

I know what you meant but, that is also what makes you flawed in the long run

Accurate and True knowledge protects and secures the strength of your argument, then God backs it up!

Which is why it is Written, "Your Truth endureth through all generations" that's all I am saying!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 6:24pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Why angry for the correction?

I know what you meant but, that is also what makes you flawed in the long run

Accurate knowledge protects and secures the strength of your argument, that's all I am providing!

I’m not angry...u are trying to bring something out of nothing...
out of all the line of thoughts in this thread.. u have no way of contributing except telling me I’m wrong becos I said newton gave us laws of motion..it’s petty...
..i only said it that way to make his contribution to science more catchy .... if that’s too hard for u to comprehend Abeg leave me
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by IMAliyu(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Is it bad if u answer the question I asked as a non-lazy person
I thought he answered?

"Is there a crime in saying that we don’t know yet"

Sorry ignore my post, I didn't read the thread to completion.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

I’m not angry...u are trying to bring something out of nothing...
out of all the line of thoughts in this thread.. u have no way of contributing except telling me I’m wrong becos I said newton gave us laws of motion..it’s petty...
..i only said it that way to make his contribution to science more catchy .... if that’s too hard for u to comprehend Abeg leave me

You are the one who is being petty and most unreasonable.

What did I say that was wrong? Is it wrong to give you corrections?

And I respectfully gave it oh! Obviously, this is hatred and evil spirit!

That aside my contribution is earlier than yours and i destroyed his foolish way and there is NO REASONABLE WAY he can get past my mountain, Absolutely No Way!

But with your little knowledge you feed him and now others are here to get you.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43pm On May 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

I thought he answered?

"Is there a crime in saying that we don’t know yet"

Sorry ignore my post, I didn't read the thread to completion.

No matter all your efforts, you guys will always be chasing after what has been created and never finding the beginning!

Exactly as a ruler trying to measure and discover all that you own. It is Impossible.

And the funny thing you Nigerians are not wasting your time doing this foolish enterprise but waiting for your foolish leaders in foolishness to lead the way towards rebellion from your Maker as if a phone or Ruler can ever escape it's Creator!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by IMAliyu(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No matter all your efforts, you guys will always be chasing after what has been created and never finding the beginning!

Exactly as a ruler trying to measure and discover all that you own. It is Impossible.

And the funny thing you Nigerians are not wasting your time doing this foolish enterprise but waiting for your foolish leaders in foolishness to lead the way towards rebellion from your Maker as if a phone or Ruler can ever escape it's Creator!
??
Not sure what you're on about.

But could you get off your high horse, not everyone is here to challenge you.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 6:56pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who is being petty and most unreasonable.

What did I say that was wrong? Is it wrong to give you corrections?

And I respectfully gave it oh! Obviously, this is hatred and evil spirit!

That aside my contribution is earlier than yours and i destroyed his foolish way and there is NO REASONABLE WAY he can get past my mountain, Absolutely No Way!

But with your little knowledge you feed him and now others are here to get you.

Hatred.... hate u for what.??.. I don’t even know u...dude u sound paranoid... and it’s irritating

What’s more.. u are trying to sound superior... ur contribution destroyed him?? Ain’t we just giving our opinions... are we fighting here??
Over what.. a mere nairaland dialogue.??. U can run along now since u have won or destroyed the guy

oh!! U also said people are here to get me... lol... get me for what exactly?? did i commit a crime??

I believe in God and I told an atheist that there’s evidence everywhere that this world is created... and u said people are here to get me.

Bros...Just try and listen to yourself...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 6:57pm On May 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

??

But could you get off your high horse, not everyone is here to challenge you.

Thank you... the guy has taken mere dialogue as contest...gosh.. he even accused me of hatred and evil spirit... the guy is dangerously proud..
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:58pm On May 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

??

You obviously support the Ops position of "we don’t know yet" in discovering or uncovering things of concern in and even beyond this world, or are you no longer atheist?

IMAliyu:

??
But could get off your high horse, not everyone is here to challenge you.

Besides Op is already challenging us, now did you imagine that he shall go unanswered?
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

Hatred.... hate u for what.??.. I don’t even know u...dude u sound paranoid... and it’s irritating

What’s more.. u are trying to sound superior... ur contribution destroyed him?? Ain’t we just giving our opinions... are we fighting here??
Over what.. a mere nairaland dialogue.??. U can run along now since u have won or destroyed the guy

oh!! U also said people are here to get me... lol... get me for what exactly?? did i commit a crime??

I believe in God and I told an atheist that there’s evidence everywhere that this world is created... and u said people are here to get me.

Bros...Just try and listen to yourself...

I am not going into conflict with you, I just wanted to understand the reason for your unprovoked attack and I have obtained it so now I stay silent and keep my Peace!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by advanceDNA: 7:12pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I am not going into conflict with you, I just wanted to understand the reason for your unprovoked attack and I have obtained it so now I stay silent and keep my Peace!

Conflict ?? U are trying to pretend like I’m raising conflict here...u are good.... I give it to u..

I never attacked....I told u to leave me alone becos u were bring something out of nothing just to make me look wrong over nothing

. u were purposely tryin to make me look stupid becos I said newton gave us laws, but u knew what I was saying...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by IMAliyu(m): 7:30pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You obviously support the Ops position of "we don’t know yet" in discovering or uncovering things of concern in and even beyond this world, or are you no longer atheist?

I have never claimed to be an atheist, as I still choose to practice my religion of birth, albeit taking it as factual is a different story.

I tried to read the whole thing as unbiased as possible, but I can't deny leaning towards a more cold and scientific approach to finding the truth.
I hold that a truth can/should be approached with as little preconception as possible, so if a God created the universe it's ok to start from a position of "I don't know" and work to find if this is true or not, same goes for any other hypothesis. A truth should be able to survive any amount of questioning and challenges to it.
We are all basically blind people running around in the dark trying to find out where the we are, how we got here and what is going on. That's why I appreciate a more clinical and organised manner of unconvering "things of importance".

Besides Op is already challenging us, now did you imagine that he shall go unanswered?

Yeah, but I didn't originally mention you, did I?
This is the op's figth, not mine.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:02pm On May 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

I tried to read the whole thing as unbiased as possible, but I can't deny leaning towards[b] a more cold and scientific approach to finding the truth[/b].
I hold that a truth can/should be approached with as little preconception as possible, so if a God created the universe it's ok to start from a position of "I don't know" and work to find if this is true or not, same goes for any other hypothesis. A truth should be able to survive any amount of questioning and challenges to it.
We are all basically blind people running around in the dark trying to find out where the we are, how we got here and what is going on. That's why I appreciate a more clinical and organised manner of unconvering "things of importance"...

Is isn't it codly scientific that NOTHING in this world created itself? Eg biro, phone, car, man, animal, trees etc

No not one!

Isn't it also seen that no creation is tied and stuck to its Creator? Eg laptop, table, clothes, bags etc

So how hard can it be to understand that after creating, A Creator departs from His creation?

All these things being self evident and True!
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by IMAliyu(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Look at these Truths Coldly, as you desire, is there anything in this world which created itself? Eg biro, phone, car, man

No not one!

Isn't it also seen that no creation is tied and stuck to its Creator? Eg laptop, table, cloth

So how hard can it be to understand that after creating, A Creator departs from His creation?

All these things being self evident and True!

I'm pretty sure we've gone down this rabbit hole before.
But once again we are here.

The issue with your logic here, is you assert that nothing can exists with being created.
So does this line of logic apply to the creator? Did he needed to be created as well?
If no, what makes him an exception to the rule?

And secondly you make an comparison between humans sentient life, with inanimate tools with no independent function or awareness which seems a bit fallacious to me.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:06pm On May 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Your statement here is itself a fallacy of Shifting the Burden by Opposite Proving!

Any fact in issue must be resolved independently.

Cheat! Using fallacy as a weapon against persons who are not very much aware of fallacies when you yourself Also committed fallacies!

Of course you have no chance against me with all your filths having lost 29 times out of 29 combats!

Everyone is talking about fallacies, even you put mouth. Lol grin

You that reason like a kindergarten cheesy
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:07pm On May 08, 2021
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:10pm On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:
The world is big enough for 4000 or more gods... however it's up to you to know the one true God. You can can get the truth all by yourself... you don't need a nairalander to do that.

So your own God is true because you said it’s true?
Why is Odin not the mightiest, why must it be your own god?

Religion is so wack, no way to verify any claim. Just lies, lies and a lot of lies that cannot be measured. And you want people to keep believing your lies without questioning them.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:16pm On May 08, 2021
advanceDNA:

You think too highly of yourself just becos u don’t believe in the creator ideology...that doesn’t make u anything...
Uve been calling religious people lazy all day... please, what exactly have u contributed to science or this world with ur non-believing and non-lazy mind since Uve been claiming superior....u just feel u are better than others becos of a choice...

.are u like this in real life or u are just trying to make u self amount to something online....because u don’t even pass for an impressive human being...trust me.. I’ve spoken to averagely and highly intelligent atheist... u don’t even pass for the former..
I just feel like if your God truly exist, he won’t allow an atheist suffer his child mentally. But of course because he doesn’t exist, you have to argue all day to prove your imaginations and indoctrination.

I’m not here to fall for your ad misericodaim fallacy, you guys have had 2000years to provide just one evidence for your god still all to no avail. You tell us wack unverifiable stories about his greatness thinking that people won’t escape the delirium.
Religion is weak, it’s the weakest way to understand the universe. Always putting a god in the gaps
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Meedon: 9:16pm On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
So your won God is true because you said it’s true?

Religion is so wack, no way to verify any claim. Just lies, lies and a lot of lies that cannot be measured

Religion wahala...
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:19pm On May 08, 2021
Meedon:

Religion wahala...

Dont mind them, they want people to accept their funny claims and stories without questioning them.

The world is fast becoming wiser, they are seeing the loophole and flaws in religion.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Meedon: 9:21pm On May 08, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Dont mind them, they want people to accept their funny claims and stories without questioning them.

The world is fast becoming wiser, they are seeing the loophole and flaws in religion.

Their eyes go soon open. They are just slaves to pastors and their imagination.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by peggywebbs(f): 9:41pm On May 08, 2021
I never mentioned anything about my God... it's obvious you're just blabbing and not even patient to read words.

FatherOfJesus:
So your own God is true because you said it’s true?

Religion is so wack, no way to verify any claim. Just lies, lies and a lot of lies that cannot be measured. And you want people to keep believing your lies without questioning them.
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by FatherOfJesus: 9:58pm On May 08, 2021
peggywebbs:

I never mentioned anything about my God... it's obvious you're just blabbing and not even patient to read words.

You don’t have to mention God before we know that you are trying to defend your imaginary friend. grin

You don’t have to go as far as denying your friend cheesy
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30pm On May 08, 2021
Cyrus, like Ruth and Rahab stood up for the pure worship of the true God not just all kind of worship. Each of them stood not for the worship of their daddies and mommies, they supported pure worship. That's why God talked about them as His servants.
So if you're not ready to find out the worship that's approved by the true God and support it then you're more or less a pagan! smiley

advanceDNA:

What’s your point ? Is he not the God of Jesus too.... he even acknowledged to associate with Cyrus who is not an Isrealite..upholding his hand to break the gates of Brass and bars of iron...
. I ask again.. what’s your point
Re: Believing In God Is A Very Lazy Way To Explain The Universe. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46pm On May 08, 2021
IMAliyu:

The issue with your logic here, is you assert that nothing can exists with being created.
So does this line of logic apply to the creator? Did he needed to be created as well?

Everything we are talking about are ABOUT THINGS SEEN, KNOWN AND EXPERIENCED by us the man, whether in this mighty House called the earth or the the compound surrounding the earth which we call the universe, exactly as your car can only validly give Truthful comments about the place where it is and what it can see.

It can not give any Valid and Truthful information on things outside it's experience or sight exactly as a carpenter can not give a Truthful and valid lecture about heart transplant!

IMAliyu:

And secondly you make an comparison between humans sentient life, with inanimate tools with no independent function or awareness which seems a bit fallacious to me.

It is not fallacious because It is True!

And you have said the only advantage/difference between yourselves and inanimate tools, "independence" of a slight degree and Accountability!

After that, you suffer every ailment and defect and weakness every toy and tool has!

You are in a garage like your car, you have limited and specific function like a phone and laptop, you are capable of being possessed as your parents and "leaders" have shown you, you are expendable as a used condom!

That is the bitter Truth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burning Questions About Time, Space, Reality, Universe And What Existed Before? / Jehovah Witness Cannot Interpret This Passage Of Scripture / Jesus Christ Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.