Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,314 members, 7,826,247 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! (1693 Views)

Muslims Have The Right To Kill Any Non-muslim Who Does Not Respect Islam - Imam / Atiku Abubakar Hosts Imam In Saudi Arabia While On Pilgrimage Duty..photo / Imam (Sheikh Abubakar Jibrin) Arrested For Defacing Jonathan's Poster. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Thatdave(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2011
uptill now no imam has
denounced the northern blood
shed as unislamic. giving
references to the quran. on
national news paper or
television! the true muslims are
afraid. those to wage the true
jihad have no balls. they only post on nairaland and other forums where their identity cant be easily traced. our true muslims are weak. while the real ones are killing and maiming and denying their people education. our true muslims are weaklings. they cant rise to declare fat'wa on burners of churches or niger bomb lads or killers of youth copers. our true muslims are fake muslims.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2011
The silence probably means they are in agreement with the atrocities being committed
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by ShangoThor(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2011
Exactly, it is what it is, if it barks and has a wagging tail, then it's a dog. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Jarus(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2011
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Akanbiedu(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2011
Jarus thanks.

Sometimes I wonder whether these people should be replied at all.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by gists: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2011
@Thatdave, Xavier

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! U guys have just succeded in in showing your ignorance, hate-spreading nature in public. grin grin grin
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Thatdave(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2011
@jarus you just posted links to a series of politically motivated religious mishaps. the imam on radio did not preach true islam. he only said inec should look into the matter and that those aggrieved should take it easy. he's got no balls. the sultan and friends just said that those killing and burning should stop and follow legal prosedures as islam is for peace. no outright condemnation with refrence to holy quran. no true muslims ready to declare fatwa on those almairi's actions. no balls . real islam rules true islam.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by gernded(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2011
A PLANED TERROR DENOUNCE THERE EVIL ACT?? NO WAY THEY ARE DOING TO THERE DETRIMENT.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by olawalebabs(m): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
What the sultan said, is it not better than what Papa Ayo said. You make me laugh for exhibiting your ignorance
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by DisGuy: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2011
another of those dumb threads

Someone on another thread actually asked why NL Muslims haven't opened a thread to condemn rioting  undecided

i mean someone in Enugu will say how come Muslims don't do this, how come no one has come out to condemn this or say that
I think imams and Muslims should buy a share of media houses based in Lagos so they can get their message delivered to your front rooms on a daily basis, instead of always coming to ignorant conclusions!

I wonder what these fools will be like working with in a place like Lagos with all these ignorant comments you make about other tribes and religion
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Thatdave(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2011
Dis Guy:

another of those dumb threads

Someone on another thread actually asked why NL Muslims haven't opened a thread to condemn rioting  undecided

i mean someone in Enugu will say how come Muslims don't do this, how come no one has come out to condemn this or say that
I think imams and Muslims should buy a share of media houses based in Lagos so they can get their message delivered to your front rooms on a daily basis, instead of always coming to ignorant conclusions!

I wonder what these fools will be like working with in a place like Lagos with all these ignorant comments you make about other tribes and religion

we all know that only muslims can stop this.
Only true muslims can wipe out the infiltrators.
Those who kill for "heaven's" sake.

The only thing we christians can do is condemn the act and declare state of emergency in your bloody states.

When an artists drew the true picture of muhammed in denmark, people started killing christians allover the world.
A Muslim cleric declared $1000 000.00 for anyone who would kill the artist!

Why cant a muslim Cleric backed by other "true" muslims rise up and declare "fatwa" on suicide bombers, boko haram and almajiri mob opportunists.
Why are all the "true" muslims so weak and afraid of the real muslims.

Our true muslims and indeed all true muslims have no balls!

That may be because the true meaning of islam is actually "bloodshed" since muhammed decided to spread his religion by the sword.

I pity muslims.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 10:55am On May 01, 2011
Do folks not consider that maybe the reason folks still think it is acceptable to kill others in Nigeria in the name of God they pray to is because the Muslim community in Nigeria have simply not done enough to isolate these criminals?

If you are happy to produce isolated evidence of people who spoke quietly or people who spoke cautiously about these things then you are simply condoning it. You should do more because your section of the religious divide still kill others in the name of God.

That is not too much of a difficult ask, is it?

Why can't the Sultans and Imams continue to preach it repeatedly until it sinks in?

Honestly a lot of you need some serious soul searching.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 11:03am On May 01, 2011
Honestly if Christanity becomes a rallying cry to hack my fellow country men to death. If I can not do something to change it, then I will denounce the religion entirely.

Finding isolated examples of pastors who managed to speak in their little corners about this babarism wont do for me.
Or finding isolated examples of few Christains who managed to hide their neighbours is not enough.

While these are isolated examples that may be should give us hope for a better future to build upon; using it as proof that a religion whose true essence has been recently confused by violence is still a religion of peace is simply disrespectful of the thousands who get killed in the name of God.

The muslim community in Nigeria should work harder. Their defeaning silence in the face of these babarism is simply shameful.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 11:07am On May 01, 2011
Jarus:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/islamic-news/20812-post-presidential-election-violence-un-islamic-cleric

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=83510

http://radionigeriaibadan.com/index.php/news-item-4/610-muslim-cleric-condemns-violence-on-election-results.html

Maybe you expect the Imams to come to your house with megaphone to announce their condemnation to you.

LWKMD. . . .Everybody knows that northerners are extremists but on a serious note,why do people have to kill because their kinsman lost election and blame it on religion ?
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by ifyalways(f): 11:26am On May 01, 2011
Mikeansy I agree with you 100% .
They "might" be doing something but please whatever they are doing is NOT good enough.
Evil thrives when good men ignores or looks the other way.

That is the only problem I have with Nigerian Muslims,Hypocrisy or living in denial

Common,those wild young almajiris go to the mosque to pray right after looting and killing others,what do the Imams do?Could it be that some of them dare not talk as they are also benefactors fo the politicians that are the grand masterminders of the mayhem?Just like some of them Xtian counterparts too.

The leaders lips have been sealed with money,the led sold their conscience for a pot of porridge and a hogwash illusion of 72 virgins somewhere.

Pathetic!!!
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Remii(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2011
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-africa-13129572&ei=2jW9TbPtA8SaOqegiOoF&usg=AFQjCNFKHUR_PVMy-v1YTtermmszSy8NYQ

Lot of efforts is going on but the Nigeria media a kind of biased, not necessarily towards religion or tribe, but only titles that would sell is their focus. The riot and wanton killing is condemnable and Muslim organisations have done that, but there is a kind of media blackout to that aspect of the news.

On non response from NL Muslims, why starting a trend that would be derailled to insults as soon as its opened by people who already has a mindse?
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 11:48am On May 01, 2011
SMH vigorously. Some posts really aren't worthy of being replied
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Eziachi: 12:46pm On May 01, 2011
Election riot after the presidential election is not about religion but politics, where PDP were so brazen to into the heartland of their main opponent and give themselves some eye catching figures, like GEJ performance in Kaduna, Katsina and Sokoto just to mention a few. Something even Yar Adua their son could not achieve before hand.

If you want to rig election, concentrate at least in areas where everybody or majority will be willing and able  to turn a blind eyes,  like your 99.6% votes for GEJ in SS/SE that beat Saddam Hussaine record by a mile.

It happens that their religion thought them to fight for their right and injustice themselves, unlike us we are asked to wait for God. Unfortunately poor corpers pay the price when they were left unprotected by those that rigged the election using the job they innocently wanted to do for their nation.
Those blaming the imams or even Buhari, who is a victim of the outcome in my opinion, are either ignorant or don't want to tell themselves the truth.

As we speak my people in Imo are getting the backlash of the 99.9% vote winner for GEJ. You can't turn deaf to Ohakim claiming that he delivered that figure the week before for GEJ and you all cheered, because the victim is Buhari and now Ohakim is trying to deliver for himself and you wants to kick out, because this time we are the indirect victims and GEJ is nowhere to be seen.
Next week just like to handed out to Akunyili, they may hand one to Rochas/Imo people and unlike in the north our religion asked us to hug them, let alone thinking of killing an innocent corper and then you are saddled with Ohakim. (I wish it will never come to pass)
We Biafra are victims of Nigerian injustice for years and I hate it wwhen we support it just because it pleases us on a short term without thinking about tomorrow, let alone ten years fro now.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Arosa(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2011
^^ shot up there. angry
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by ifyalways(f): 1:32pm On May 01, 2011
What is Eziachi on about?

Are u by an means saying that Ngige did not win Dora?What's up with Imo,Ohakim et all?How many corpers have been hacked to death in Imo,mosque or churches razed ? What really are u saying in regards to this topic

Politics is most definitely mixed with religion,tribe and other factors.Every part of Nigeria voted based on the combination of each or both of them plus other personal merits of the candidates.You can't isolate politics from religion.

Question is why DID a certain section of the country get violent. . .we all know that ALL the almajiri's who voted for BB did so cos of religious and tribal sentiments and NOTHING MORE.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by zstranger: 1:52pm On May 01, 2011
Eziachi:

Election riot after the presidential election is not about religion but politics, where PDP were so brazen to into the heartland off their main opponent and give themselves some eye catching figures, like GEJ performance in Kaduna, Katsina and Sokoto just to mention a few. Something even Yar Adua their son could not achieve before hand.

If you want to rig election, concentrate at least in areas where everybody or majority will be willing an able  to turn a blind eyes,  like your 99.6% votes for GEJ in SS/SE that beat Saddam Hussaine record by a mile.

It happens that their religion thought them to fight for their right and injustice themselves, unlike us we are asked to wait for God. Unfortunately poor corpers pay the price when they were left unprotected by those that rigged the election using the job they innocently wanted to do for their nation.
Those blaming the imams or even Buhari, who is a victim of the outcome inmy opinion, are either ignorant or don't want to tell themselves the truth.

As we speak my people in Imo are getting the backlash of the 99.9% vote winner for GEJ. You can't turn deaf to Ohakim claiming that he delivered that figure the week before for GEJ and you all cheered, because the victim is Buhari and now Ohakim is trying to deliver for himself and you wants to lick out, because this time we are the indirect victims and GEJ is nowhere to be seen.
Next week just like to handed out to Akunyili, they may hand one to Rochas/Imo people and unlike in the north our religion asked us to hug them, let alone thinking of killing an innocent corper and then you are saddled with Ohakim. (I wish it will never come to pass)
We Biafra are victims of Nigerian injustice for years and I hate it wwhen we support it just because it pleases us on a short term without thinking about tomorrow, let alone ten years fro now.

Very sensible post.

If I made this, I would be labelled  a bigot and a hater of Ndigbo.

Atleast, we have someone sensible enough to realize that the 'imaginary crimes' against 'Imaginary Igbo corpers' arent totally unjustified/unexpected

Thank you Eziachi
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by isalegan2: 2:00pm On May 01, 2011
ifyalways:

That is the only problem I have with Nigerian Muslims,Hypocrisy or living in denial

Common,[size=14pt]those wild young almajiris go to the mosque to pray right after looting and killing others[/size],what do the Imams do?Could it be that some of them dare not talk as they are also benefactors fo the politicians that are the grand masterminders of the mayhem?Just like some of them Xtian counterparts too.

Proof, please!
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Odunnu: 2:11pm On May 01, 2011
*smh*
Bismillahi raha mahn rahim.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 01, 2011
We should be asking ourselves what the government is doing about bringing perpetrators to book and stopping a re-occurence.
Is government going to carry out a Public Enquiry to determine what caused the violence and make recommendations for future prevention.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Eziachi: 2:45pm On May 01, 2011
Arosa:

^^ shot up there. angry
Do you mean shut up? I have already.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Eziachi: 2:57pm On May 01, 2011
ifyalways:

What is Eziachi on about?[/b]

Are u by an means saying that Ngige did not win Dora?What's up with Imo,Ohakim et all?How many corpers have been hacked to death in Imo,mosque or churches razed ? What really are u saying in regards to this topic

[b]Politics is most definitely mixed with religion,tribe and other factors.Every part of Nigeria voted based on the combination of each or both of them plus other personal merits of the candidates.You can't isolate politics from religion.

Question is why DID a certain section of the country get violent. . .we all know that ALL the almajiri's who voted for BB did so cos of religious and tribal sentiments and NOTHING MORE.
If you can ignore my opinion and concantrate a bit at your own opinions in the bolded you will undestand what I am going on about. Religion in the north dictate taking the law into your hand when you had been cheated, insulted, discriminated etc that is why they kill even with the slghtest provocation like election rigging.

While on the other hand, we were trained by our culture and religion in the south to turn the other cheek or leave in God's hand for vengeance. So if you don't want the ugly scene as witnessed in the north don't starting giving GEJ mouth watering figures in the areas you and I knew votes only in certain way. Do it and you are looking for trouble.
The incolclusive nonesense going on now in Imo could had set every place ablaze if its to happen up there in the north. So blaming the imams or Bahuri is a waste of time.
I am not condoning their way but that is the way it has always been.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by T9ksy(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2011
GenBuhari:

We should be asking ourselves what the government is doing about bringing perpetrators to book and stopping a re-occurence.
Is government going to carry out a Public Enquiry to determine what caused the violence and make recommendations for future prevention.

What govt? are you perchance referring to this lameduck Odechukwe Badluck Jonathan? How many perpetuators of similar attacks from our brothers(?) in the north has the previous govts. brought to book?
This is why our northern brothers will persist in butchering us whilst screaming "No SNC - We are One Nigeria".
They massacre us at the slightest excuse such as the eclipse of the moon and you are here talking about govt's failings. Everyone knows who really weald power in nigeria.

It doesn't take a genuis to know that the real brains behind all these atrocities are the "untouchables" from the north.
The same ones that refused point blank, to appear at the Oputa Panel (which even the current president then, showed up) and nothing happened to them.
Rather they turned round to now ask for our votes so they can rule us again without been accountable for their past tenure and the disastrous impact it had on our lives, 

I dare Jonathan to arrest Buhari and the whole ph.ocking nation will implode. Yet its okay for them to treat our topmost citizens from the south (regardless of where in nthe south they come from) with impunity.
They killed MKO in their jail, Obj was jailed like a common criminal , ditto Ekweume in Kirikiri whilst his oga was placed under house arrest. Diya, the 2nd topman in Abacha's despotic regime was humiliated and captured on video ati bebelo (etc etc).

The only time anything similar to what I described above happened to the north, they dragged us into a meaningless and costly civil war.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Arosa(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2011
Eziachi:

that is better!
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 01, 2011
ifyalways:

What is Eziachi on about?

Politics is most definitely mixed with religion,tribe and other factors.Every part of Nigeria voted based on the combination of each or both of them plus other personal merits of the candidates.You can't isolate politics from religion.

I have made the same argument that the reason Buhari still gets 12million votes in 2011 Nigeria is because of religious sentiments. So when people accuse SS/SE for religious sentiments being responsible for 99% vote sshare for Jonathan. They should not forget that in a sane country Buhari should not even get 20 votes given his record of truncating democracy through the barrel of the gun and the very reason he still gets 12million votes is because of sentiments.
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 01, 2011
@T9ksy
your response is naive.

Is the government not to be held responsible for failing to provide security?

Is the government not to be held responsible for failing to arrest perpetrators of the violence?

Forget about blaming Nothern uneducated, jobless and ignorant youths who are easily manipulated by their corrupt ruling elite - btw the same jobless uneducated youths are also in the south.

Your enemy is not Notherner, your real enemies are our corrupt government that  have created conditions that is breeding violence
T9ksy:

What govt? are you perchance referring to this lameduck Odechukwe Badluck Jonathan? How many perpetuators of similar attacks from our brothers(?) in the north has the previous govts. brought to book?
This is why our northern brothers will persist in butchering us whilst screaming "No SNC - We are One Nigeria".
They massacre us at the slightest excuse such as the eclipse of the moon and you are here talking about govt's failings. Everyone knows who really weald power in nigeria.

It doesn't take a genuis to know that the real brains behind all these atrocities are the "untouchables" from the north.
The same ones that refused point blank, to appear at the Oputa Panel (which even the current president then, showed up) and nothing happened to them.
Rather they turned round to now ask for our votes so they can rule us again without been accountable for their past tenure and the disastrous impact it had on our lives, 

I dare Jonathan to arrest Buhari and the whole ph.ocking nation will implode. Yet its okay for them to treat our topmost citizens from the south (regardless of where in nthe south they come from) with impunity.
They killed MKO in their jail, Obj was jailed like a common criminal , ditto Ekweume in Kirikiri whilst his oga was placed under house arrest. Diya, the 2nd topman in Abacha's despotic regime was humiliated and captured on video ati bebelo (etc etc).

The only time anything similar to what I described above happened to the north, they dragged us into a meaningless and costly civil war.

Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Remii(m): 9:34pm On May 01, 2011
Arosa:

^^ shot up there. angry

Eziachi:

No, he wanted you to carry gun and shoot up in to the air, rflmao  grin

I wonder why NL want to discuss but don't want to read or hear anything contrary to their line of thinking, they insult people at will yet they are blaming the almajiris, the level of hanger vented at opposing views, especially when religion or tribal issues are discussed, I wonder if hey would not slap or even kill each other if they met face to face, na wa oo
Re: Uptil Now; No Imam Not Even One! by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 01, 2011
@topic

As the days run by, I tend to get more confused on the real definition of a true Muslim. And until we get the real definition correct, we may never understand why the Imams are not being too vocal on the recent genocide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria / Kemi Olunloyo Dares The Nigerian National Assembly Over Gay Law “arrest Me If Yo / Nnamdi Kanu Interview On Biafra Independence In Los Angeles, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.