Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris (5148 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
There really in no point in debating christian issues with Joagbaje or anyone else that attends CEC.

Chris Oyakhilome is a fraud who most likely does not even really believe in God (if he did would he be brave enough to fake miracles ?)

There really is no point in debating finer points of christianity with him or his followers.

I have always thought that people when presented with facts would be able to think things through themselves and see sense - but it seems a lot of the followers of these prosperity charlatans refuse to do this.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
EarsWide:

There really in no point in debating christian issues with Joagbaje or anyone else that attends CEC.

Chris Oyakhilome is a fraud who most likely does not even really believe in God (if he did would he be brave enough to fake miracles ?)

There really is no point in debating finer points of christianity with him or his followers.

I have always thought that people when presented with facts would be able to think things through themselves and see sense - but it seems a lot of the followers of these prosperity charlatans refuse to do this.
So is that your conclution
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by kandiikane(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2011
@EarsWide, the average pastor is a fraud.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
@kandiikane

the average pastor is a fraud

Sad but very true.
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 5:38am On May 01, 2011
Image123:

but why do we exert so much on nothing.

Enigma:

1. Unfortunately it is not "nothing"! Experience teaches that those who say the kind of things in the piece in the opening post are working a different agenda which is to drag Jesus down and turn people away from "remaining in Him"!

Joagbaje now believes he is 'him' (Christ). Jo and his people have taken the doctrine of trinity to another level; membership have been extended to include Jo & co. now we have multiple persons in one God smiley
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 10:55pm On May 01, 2011
Zikkyy:

Joagbaje now believes he is 'him' (Christ). Jo and his people have taken the doctrine of trinity to another level; membership have been extended to include Jo & co. now we have multiple persons in one God smiley

Actually, thinking about the line above again and considering a few other things that Joagbaje has said, I would suggest that Joagbaje will soon be interceding for Christ himself.

As Joagbaje said: Christ is now only interceding for Christians and is not an intermediary; Christians are equal with Christ; Christ himself was "born again" (:spitsmiley and in the same way as Joagbaje; Christ and Joagbaje are brothers (and yes I am familiar with "I have called you brethren"wink; Joagbaje and Oyaks now stand in Christ stead (sic) i.e. they now replace Christ etc etc etc ad nauseam

If that is the case and if Christ can intercede for Joagbaje and Oyaks, why also can Joagbaje and Oyaks not intercede for Christ? Afterall they are all equals?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2011
kandiikane:

@EarsWide, the average pastor is a fraud.
So how did you come about you conclution l would want to know
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2011
Enigma:

i.e. they now replace Christ etc etc etc ad nauseam
Nobody can replace Christ
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2011
newmi

Well, I'm glad to read the above; but you know you never did answer my question even after you invited it! Also remember you were defending the author saying "don't pray through Christ". He said
Hence we don’t pray to the Father through Jesus, but in the Name of Jesus. To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong.

In that event, would you like to compare what the author said there with the prayer below from the book of Hebrews?

Hebrews 13
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Would you say that the writer of Hebrews who prayed through Jesus Christ is wrong and Oyakhilome is right?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by free123: 7:05am On May 02, 2011
Enigma
these people are too proud and arrogant to admit their wrongs and u can't see them correcting one another even after the obvious is stated.

My worry is that anything that oyaks says is the truth and they will take it like that without analyzing such. Even his most deluded pastor, joagbaje can never prove himself wise enough to bring his master's statement to the light of the scriptures instead he will rush to nairaland to display his ignorance.

It is just not wise!
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by tpia5: 7:08am On May 02, 2011
i was reading somewhere that oyakhilome has handed over the church to another minister.

is this true?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2011
While it seems Joagbaje and newmi have gone AWOL, let us deal with a technical issue (in fact first raised by Joagbaje) concerning the word "by".

Let us look at 1 Peter 2:5

KJV
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

NKJV
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

NIV
you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

NLT
And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What's more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God.

OK and in fact I will not make any comment on the above; however I would ask the honest enquirer to follow the link below to learn more about "by" and "through".

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1223&t=KJV
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 10:33am On May 02, 2011
@Enigma
It is interesting the fact you brought up these translations and the inter-usage of the words "by" and "through", but the point l believe Pastor Chris is keen to pass across as explained in the article joagbaje posted is simple which in effect is, whether "by" or "through" it makes no difference especially when one puts into retrospect the Greek word from whence these translations were deduced: the word "dia" which depending on the context could both be translated as "by" or "through" the same goes for several others words like "soteria" for salvation which could also be translated health; safety, deliverance, rescue. You see the point is that now as lively stones (1pet 2:5) because according to Ephesians 2:1nd5-6 we were dead in our sins trespasses but now God has quickened us TOGETHER with Christ and has raised us up TOGETHER with Christ and has made us to sit TOGETHER in heavenly places we can now as priests in the new order (1pet 2:9, Rev 1:6) access The Father boldly (Heb 4:16) with our sacrifice being acceptable to Him IN THE NAME OF JESUS
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2011
^^^ So do you still agree with Oyakhilome that Christians should not pray through Jesus?
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 11:17am On May 02, 2011
@Enigma
We pray in His name and by Him (Christ in us)
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 11:27am On May 02, 2011
grin You are still afraid to disagree with Oyaks publicly? I pray that you be freed from the bondage one day and turn to the true teachings of Christ and His apostles ---- who confidently prayed through Christ.  smiley

Oh by the way - my prayer is made through Jesus Christ and through the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. smiley
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2011
I wish the best
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 12:07pm On May 02, 2011
Thanks sis, God bless and keep you. smiley
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by DeepSight(m): 12:08pm On May 02, 2011
Before Jesus of Nazareth, were there any prayers made to God that were acceptable to God.

Did Abraham pray through, or in the name of, Christ. Did Moses pray through , or in the name of, Christ. Did Elijah pray through , or in the name of, Christ.

Were their prayers invalid?

Does God ever change what is acceptable to HIM and what is not acceptable to HIM

'Everything changes but God changes not. . . '
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2011
Enigma:

Thanks sis, God bless and keep you. smiley
Oh no! Lol am male. Thank you too
Re: You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2011
^^^ Didn't realise that, lol; God bless and keep you bros.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? / First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? / Does Demon Lives In Human Or Follows Human

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.