Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses (36783 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu Launches SWAGA '23 In Lagos / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Polyglot7pointO: 4:50pm On May 18, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
How can someone apply to be a driver.
ur suit go tear after 3days
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by stickle(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
How can someone apply to be a driver.
Na you get the gist pass. Seek how the system can benefit you positively
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Litmus: 5:55pm On May 18, 2021
Nigerians keep saying States are not viable when actually they are; the governors are the unviable ones. Lagos state illustrates the difference capable governors make.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by lexy2014: 5:59pm On May 18, 2021
sirfemoz:
Nice one. Those okada people are something else this period. For those that are shouting traffic, 75% of Lagos traffic is caused by okada riders.

Is that so? How did u arrive at ur conclusion? What research did u do? Are u saying that d places where okada don't operate in Lagos there's no traffic?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by lexy2014: 6:00pm On May 18, 2021
Litmus:
Nigerians keep saying States are not viable when actually they are; the governors are the unviable ones. Lagos state illustrates the difference capable governors make.

Nigerians are 200m people according to stats. Did u have a conversation with all of them and they saying that states are not viable?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by sirfemoz(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2021
Phyde:

Pray you don't encounter traffic cause by tankers and trailers especially on that Lagos Badagry express road and Oshodi Apapa road.

I stay around those places, tankers and trailers littered everiywhere, yet I get to my destination. It won't be easy, but I still got to my destination.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by sirfemoz(m): 6:27pm On May 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Is that so? How did u arrive at ur conclusion? What research did u do? Are u saying that d places where okada don't operate in Lagos there's no traffic?

Remaining 25% comprises of tankers and trailers, accidents, illegal parking both commercial buses and private car owners. Take away okada for just one week in Lagos and see how the city will look.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Sipsum: 6:47pm On May 18, 2021
sultry69:
Why disturbing Obaseki na,Edo no be Lagos o.

grin grin grin grin God forbid bad thing, let Edo remain Edo and Lagos remain Lagos.
Make both of them dey their dey, a o ni se ori buruku in Lagos o.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by lexy2014: 6:49pm On May 18, 2021
sirfemoz:

Remaining 25% comprises of tankers and trailers, accidents, illegal parking both commercial buses and private car owners. Take away okada for just one week in Lagos and see how the city will look.

U haven't answered my questions:

1. How did u arrive at ur conclusion that okada are responsible for 75% of traffic in lagos?

2. What research did u do?

3. Are u saying that d places where okada don't operate in Lagos there's no traffic?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Sipsum: 7:00pm On May 18, 2021
iwaeda:

Mi oba ran e sile. But you cant be up to who I should trade words with. Because I disagree with you does not mean you should insult me. Anyway you are not different from your fathers who have mortgage your future to awon ato hun rinwa.

But awon fathers wa o complain fun yin pe awon atohunrinwa nda awon laamu.
So Eleko Eshinlokun who adopted, and trained Oshodi Tapa, and even made him a prime minister is an idiot?.
Ti ewe ba pe lara ose o ma ndi ose ni, as long as the person is an omo Oodua, your noise is nothing but rubbish.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Sipsum: 7:06pm On May 18, 2021
OritoJasi:

Elejo wewe oshi. You think say na only you dey live for Lagos? Wa ogbeni, ti Lagos ko ba pay e, oo de pada lo si omu aran abi Ilorin naw? Shebi omo Kwara nie? No be everyone born in Lagos wishes the state well, including partisan odale yorubas like you. But ishoju gbogbo yin ni eko mama tesiwaju lagbara Olorun. No be by force to stay in Lagos. But if you insist on staying in Lagos, better get used to Sanwo-Olu's face because you have no choice, else you relocate to omu aran or iboland where haters like you are in abundance. Enjoy your wailing. Oloshi like you.

Haba is this not too much?, Yoruba ni awon na, easy on him je ebure.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by ThatFairGuy: 7:30pm On May 18, 2021
Yet Ipob Terrorists keep lashing out and comparing this hardworking Governor to their fufu distributing Governors.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by sirfemoz(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2021
lexy2014:

1. How did u arrive at ur conclusion that okada are responsible for 75% of traffic in lagos?

2. What research did u do?

3. Are u saying that d places where okada don't operate in Lagos there's no traffic?

I don't need to plot a graph for you, or do "show all workings" for you to agree to my own opinion. You can choose to disregard it. But what I wrote earlier is my own opinion and personal research.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by lexy2014: 8:24pm On May 18, 2021
sirfemoz:

I don't need to plot a graph for you, or do "show all workings" for you to agree to my own opinion. You can choose to disregard it. But what I wrote earlier is my own opinion and personal research.

2. What research did u do? Kindly provide details of d research.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by OmoOba204(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2021
iwaeda:

Which road are they going to ply?
How are they different from korope causing menace at Sabo, Obalende and Lekki Ajah. Fix our roads first. Somebody don cash out!

cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by bawajghai(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
It will be more important for lagos state to give this busses for higher purchase to the drivers
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by sultry69(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2021
Sipsum:

grin grin grin grin God forbid bad thing, let Edo remain Edo and Lagos remain Lagos.
Make both of them dey their dey, a o ni se ori buruku in Lagos o.
Amin o,Edolites have been seen the result of their action fa, Obaseki is a scam,their state poly in Usen can never matched Ataoja grammar school in Osun,I was fortunate to visited it few weeks ago,what a disgrace, a poly without tar road inside and their building was not different from poultry pen and he used it for campaign during their election.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Femi316: 11:16pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Sipsum: 11:20pm On May 18, 2021
sultry69:
Amin o,Edolites have been seen the result of their action fa, Obaseki is a scam,their state poly in Usen can never matched Ataoja grammar school in Osun,I was fortunate to visited it few weeks ago,what a disgrace, a poly without tar road inside and their building was not different from poultry pen and he used it for campaign during their election.

Seriously?.
And they still get mouth to say nonsense about Lagos shior.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by OmoOshodi(m): 1:08am On May 19, 2021
adelaja70:

DEM never start. You don dey Halla... Go to your state Naaaaa.
where is your state....my family house is before the task force office....alasia......you that entered lagos with 1 shirt 1 trouser asking the son of the soil, Awori to go back to his state.....laughable
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Vlain: 1:23am On May 19, 2021
Give this 4 years and all this will degenerate to danfo. Lol this will even increase traffic not solve the problem of gridlock.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by 9jaRealist: 8:34am On May 19, 2021
Vlain:
Give this 4 years and all this will degenerate to danfo. Lol this will even increase traffic not solve the problem of gridlock.

Even it that happens, that will be 4 years of good serviceable public transportation.

We should never be PARALYZED into inaction on account of fear of what might happen in the future, instead of thinking about solutions now!
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by 9jaRealist: 8:38am On May 19, 2021
Phyde:
Pray you don't encounter traffic cause by tankers and trailers especially on that Lagos Badagry express road and Oshodi Apapa road.

Better late than the late...

The overwhelming majority of needless vehicular deaths in Lagos involve Okada...
There’s no point in rushing to beat traffic, and then end up never reaching your (or any) destination!
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by 9jaRealist: 8:57am On May 19, 2021
xcuggsm:
INUBU became governor and launched his own BRT buses
FASHOLA came in as governor and launched his own BRT buses
AMBODE came in and launched his own BRT buses
Now SANWO OLU has rolled out his own
My question is; Where are the old buses? Are they being exported to Europe as Tokunbo buses? Or crushed and melted down as scrap metal?

Has anyone seen any advert for old BRT buses anywhere? If not, where are they parked

First, Tinubu did NOT launch “his own BRT buses”...
BRT started under Fashola and has CONTINUED under Ambode and BSO - because government is a CONTINUUM!

Lagos is not like these states where new Govs ABANDON projects of previous ones...
Lagos actually has a Transportation Masterplan, and if you follow it, these developments will not surprise you.

Finally, these are NOT BRT buses, but rather FLM buses that COMPLEMENT the BRT...
Under the Masterplan, they connect community routes to BRT, bus, ferry terminals (and in the future rail lines).

PS: The first set of BRT buses are now the LAGBUS buses, operated by the NURTW and cooperatives...
Second set of BRT buses are owned by Primero, a PRIVATE company that can do whatever it pleases with them.
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Phyde: 4:45pm On May 19, 2021
9jaRealist:

Better late than the late...

The overwhelming majority of needless vehicular deaths in Lagos involve Okada...
There’s no point in rushing to beat traffic, and then end up never reaching your (or any) destination!
>
It will still not work in some part of Lagos until they fix our bad roads and find solution to tankers and trailers parking wrongly. We have been on this okada issue for long. Lagos is congested.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Phyde: 10:03am On May 20, 2021
sirfemoz:

I stay around those places, tankers and trailers littered everiywhere, yet I get to my destination. It won't be easy, but I still got to my destination.
Your are self employed i guess or your organization is not strict to timings.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by MrEdimulo82(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2021
Good effort! But these cannot even replace 'Korope' not to talk of Okada..these however can replace both.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses by Besk: 11:42am On May 29, 2021
iwaeda:

Mi oba ran e sile. But you cant be up to who I should trade words with. Because I disagree with you does not mean you should insult me. Anyway you are not different from your fathers who have mortgage your future to awon ato hun rinwa.

It shows you lack home training and manners. So, you can give but it pains you when people try to give you back?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Panic As Abba Kyari’s Wife Slumps In Court / Governor Sule's Son, Hassan Is Dead / Omolara Amosu Returns Stolen N381m To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.