Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill (30332 Views)

Enrol Your Children In Schools Or Go To Jail – Senate Bill / Navy, EFCC Reject Senate’s Bill To Criminalise Payment Of Ransom To Terrorists / Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by LegalWolf: 10:02pm On May 19, 2021
This is the most useless piece of legislation in all of humanity. I guess this guys have lost touch with reality! What the heck!
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by meobizy(f): 10:07pm On May 19, 2021
Watch them retract and deny this once public opinion goes against it. Na their way.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 19, 2021
lalasticlala:
Senate proposes 15 years imprisonment for anyone who pays ransom to kidnappers

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/senate-proposes-15-years-imprisonment-for-anyone-who-pays-ransom-to-kidnappers/

Have they legislated death as penalty for kidnappers yet? No

Trust these accursed animals to always behave like the scum that they are....they criminalise/stigmatise the victim while leaving incentives/loopholes for the perpetrators
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Lacash: 10:18pm On May 19, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/senate-proposes-15-years-imprisonment-for-anyone-who-pays-ransom-to-kidnappers/
Why won’t they pay for ransom when the security system has failed us, abi iru kati kati wo lele yi na. Set awon Oponu grin
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by YoungAncient1: 10:28pm On May 19, 2021
Kidnappers will begin to do charity with their kidnapped victims thanks to the ever active Nigerian senate.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Asadujames202(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2021
PissfulProtester:
For the first time, I can't hide my admiration for what an Igbo man has done...

This is highly commendable..even though it was copied from Ukraine.

God bless Senator Ezenwa Francis Onyewuchi
God bless Alaigbo
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Bubblehead
Support fellow bubblehead

tongue
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by shoprite: 10:47pm On May 19, 2021
Instead of them to propose how to put an end to banditry and the daily kidnapping of the poor and helpless citizens

Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by barinedan(m): 10:56pm On May 19, 2021
So, in a situation where the security agencies could not rescue the victim the family should not make any attempt of securing the freedom of their love one? These senators are the most useless set of people in Nigeria, so what would be the punishment for security agencies who fail to rescue kidnap victims?
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by shoprite: 10:57pm On May 19, 2021
barinedan:
So, in a situation where the security agencies could not rescue the victim the family should not make any attempt of securing the freedom of their love one? These senators are the most useless set of people in Nigeria, so what would be the punishment for security agencies who fail to rescue kidnap victims?

Bros I tire o !

Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by saintmm(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2021
Sometimes I wonder the type of curse this country is suffering from for us to have this set of dunce as leaders?
Imagine shifting your responsibility to the masses and proposing bills to jail them for covering up your mess!
Our diversity has become a curse rather than a blessing so, let's go in our different direction and become what ever we dream to be instead of infesting others with customized stupidity as seen in each of the current senators!
I'm too shocked to understand how this emerge in someone's thinking faculty?

I rise
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by FirmTR(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2021
TRADELYN:
This is foolishness at its peak.
Now, I understand why many Nigerians don't have hope in this country. Most Nigerian leaders are very incompetent. They just go into politics in order to improve their social lives.

Can you compare the security system in UK and USA with Nigeria? But you are using these countries as examples. What a shame!

How would it be known that ransom was paid where security agencies are unable to rescue victims or identify the criminals?

Lately, it's alleged that many state governments have been paying ransom secretly to bandits. It's better to save lives and lose money than do otherwise.

Until the security agencies are able to handle the worsening Insecurity in Nigeria, government at all levels must continue to pay ransom to secure the release of innocent victims.
Thank you very much..
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Kingsley123456(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2021
This looks like a threat to we civilians instead of you to compel Buhari led administration to provide adequate security for Nigerians
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by udemzyudex(m): 11:25pm On May 19, 2021
funny
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by nedekid: 11:38pm On May 19, 2021
Na wah. Don't know what to say. Government does not provide security, disarms you while the bandits seem to be armed and likely supported. The only options Nigerians have to save loved ones is paying ranson or they face death. So when the do the needful, our security agencies that failed to protect in the first instance and could not rescue after the act then comes to arrest and procecute to jail the ransom payer for his crimes ie paying ransom to save life. Cannot figure this out
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Tundex911: 11:51pm On May 19, 2021
Firstly go and arrest Gumi... Thanks

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Powersurge: 12:00am On May 20, 2021
PissfulProtester:
For the first time ever, I can't hide my admiration for what an Igbo man has done....

God bless Alaigbo

When your loved one is kidnapped, and you refused to pay because of this law, then I will take you seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by MoIbrahim: 12:21am On May 20, 2021
Up till now the Senate has not defined a clear punishment for kidnappers
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by 18wheeler: 1:33am On May 20, 2021
As if if their family is kidnapped they won't pay ransom
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by thinkmoney(m): 1:42am On May 20, 2021
TRADELYN:
This is foolishness at its peak.
Now, I understand why many Nigerians don't have hope in this country. Most Nigerian leaders are very incompetent. They just go into politics in order to improve their social lives.

Can you compare the security system in UK and USA with Nigeria? But you are using these countries as examples. What a shame!

How would it be known that ransom was paid where security agencies are unable to rescue victims or identify the criminals?

Lately, it's alleged that many state governments have been paying ransom secretly to bandits. It's better to save lives and lose money than do otherwise.

Until the security agencies are able to handle the worsening Insecurity in Nigeria, government at all levels must continue to pay ransom to secure the release of innocent victims.
Ransome payment is wrong and counter productive. It saves one life to take 10more and the cycle continue. Its ransome money that is making kidnapping business go on and multiplying kidnappers, consequently multiplying victims.
In life, some few must suffer or die for the many. Ransome payment must stop...the victims now are unfortunate, but if payment of ransome stop, kidnapping will lose its appeal and stop
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Oracleforce: 3:17am On May 20, 2021
Kingosytex:
cheesy

The Senator made some very good points. The amount paid as ransom to kidnappers is highly exorbitant. This has led many into kidnapping because they see it as a very profitable venture.

Since their sibling hasn't being kidnapped they don't know what the victim's family had gone through...
One senator just sat down at the corner of his office and scripting nonsense.....
So many of our political leaders are making this country unfit to live in.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Emeka71(m): 4:57am On May 20, 2021
Kingosytex:
cheesy

The Senator made some very good points. The amount paid as ransom to kidnappers is highly exorbitant. This has led many into kidnapping because they see it as a very profitable venture.

So somebody should choose to die instead even when you can see that the payment of ransom can give you a good chance of being released; in fact they kidnapped my uncle at about 21:00 on Tuesday night when he was driving home in Warri and they demanded N200000 so he had to call somebody they transferred the money immediately before he was released.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by fennels007(m): 5:20am On May 20, 2021
Nonsense

PissfulProtester:
For the first time ever, I can't hide my admiration for what an Igbo man has done....

God bless Alaigbo
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Valkrie: 5:27am On May 20, 2021
lalasticlala:

This is foolishness at it peak...!! Very confused and demented politicians with potor potor brain...!!
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by BigBashiru: 5:29am On May 20, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
What a country.

African leaders are subhumans. There’s no way they’re the same humans as white people.

Rather than passing public execution by hanging for kidnappers, they want to cause more despair and hopelessness.

So if anyone is kidnapped, it’s over. What police force do we have?

African leaders are not subhuman and they are the same humans as white people.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by myrates: 5:31am On May 20, 2021
Hopeless country....
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by wapana(m): 6:09am On May 20, 2021
Nigeria surprises me a lot.What measure have you taken about the insecurity before passing this bill?
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Ojokorsamson: 6:26am On May 20, 2021
Is just too painful that is the common man that those bandits go after. Why can't them go and kidnap those in government eating the national cake?
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Nobody: 6:30am On May 20, 2021
TRADELYN:
[s]This is foolishness at its peak.

Until the security agencies are able to handle the worsening Insecurity in Nigeria, government at all levels must continue to pay ransom to secure the release of innocent victims[/s].

Thrash!!!
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by udomonday: 7:47am On May 20, 2021
Nigeria is dead.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by Gval123: 8:29am On May 20, 2021
Lolz. Fools.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by sarjam05: 9:14am On May 20, 2021
What exactly is Nigeria’s problem? I just seem to be flabbergasted every fucking damned time. How the heck is this magnificent idiocy and stupidity our showcase to the international community. Somebody post those mafia men laughing. I really need to laugh.
Re: Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill by SenecaTheYonger: 10:16am On May 20, 2021
BigBashiru:

African leaders are not subhuman and they are the same humans as white people.

Common will you close your mouth there. They don't even look human. Useless animals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Opens Shopping Mall In Umuahia (pics) / Ambode's Wife Presents Gift To The 1st Baby Of The Year In Lagos (Photos) / Saraki Reacts To EFCC Plan To Arraign Him For Allegedly Diverting 12bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.